Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,476 members, 7,801,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? (809 Views)

Arrest, Treat Sunday Igboho, Others Like Criminals, Makinde Tells Oyo CP / SPN Cries For The Release Of The August 5 Peaceful Protesters Like Fagunwa / “ambode, Why Exactly Am I Here?”–buhari Reacts Angrily During Presidential Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by 10mobile: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Everybody seems to think it's a normal thing. So, please, if this question sounds foolish, I am sorry. But I still want to know because elders say that "those who ask questions don't miss their ways".

Why exactly is the Government seizing passports and freezing the accounts of #EndSARS participants and leaders even when the President and the governors have apparently been suing for peace? I've just read a piece of news that says that arrested #EndSARS protesters are to be bailed with the sum of N50,000 each.

Again, I'm sorry if I sound stupid. But I have to admit that I am utterly confused here. Are they being arrested for what? If it was said that people caught capitalizing on the protests to commit crimes were being penalized, I would have understood it. But to punish people just for leading or participating in the protests makes me want to ask, "what crime does a protest consist in?"

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Jones4190(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
because the are criminals

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
They are criminals

How do you want government to treat criminals?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by 10mobile: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
Jones4190:
because the are criminals
How please? Mind you, I GENUINELY want to know. I don't mean to do anything else.

Thebosstrevor1, this question is also seeking an answer from you: how are they criminals?
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by CodeTemplar: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Just part of the character of a wicked govt. They held Sowore for 45 days for planning one.
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
10mobile:

How please? Mind you, I GENUINELY want to know. I don't mean to do anything else.

Thebosstrevor1, this question is also seeking an answer from you: how are they criminals?

They looted, attacked police stations and officers, burnt down businesses, infrastructures and government buildings, block roads, wanted to take over the airport, occupied government buildings and also infringed on the rights of ordinary citizens .

These are all criminal acts

5 Likes

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by ivolt: 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
Many EndSars promoters aren't protesters, they are anarchists being sponsored to take down the government. Of course, they claim to be fighting "brutality" but when you look deep into their message, you will see their true aims.
These promoters have muddled the water so much that many now accept criminal acts as normal as long as "protesters" are doing it.

These are list of what they do and support:

1. Blocking roads, not peaceful
2. Harassing motorists, not peaceful
3. Barricading workers in their office, not peaceful
4. Forcing drivers to adopt their symbols not peaceful
5. Threatening people or government, not peaceful
6. Assaulting and lynching suspects, not peaceful
7. Receiving funds from shady foreign organizations, not peaceful
8. Spreading fake news, not peaceful

None of the above is legal even if the "peaceful" protester claim otherwise.
Any protest that make people hurriedly close shop is not peaceful.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by CilicMarin: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
They need to be dealt with.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by helinues: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
Cos they might be potential criminals

RuudVanNisteroy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

They looted, attacked police stations and officers, burnt down businesses, infrastructures and government buildings, block roads, wanted to take over the airport, occupied government buildings and also infringed on the rights of ordinary citizens .

It seems the Nigerian government only listen to people that resort to carrying arms and causing destruction of properties example is MEND, armed Fulani herdsmen, ISWAP and Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
BabaOwen:
It seems the Nigerian government only listen to people that resort to carrying arms and causing destruction of properties example is MEND, armed Fulani herdsmen, ISWAP and Boko Haram.

I guess it is true.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by AMINDA: 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
10mobile:
Everybody seems to think it's a normal thing. So, please, if this question sounds foolish, I am sorry. But I still want to know because elders say that "those who ask questions don't miss their ways".

Why exactly is the Government seizing passports and freezing the accounts of #EndSARS participants and leaders even when the President and the governors have apparently been suing for peace? I've just read a piece of news that says that arrested #EndSARS protesters are to be bailed with the sum of N50,000 each.

Again, I'm sorry if I sound stupid. But I have to admit that I am utterly confused here. Are they being arrested for what? If it was said that people caught capitalizing on the protests to commit crimes were being penalized, I would have understood it. But to punish people just for leading or participating in the protests makes me want to ask, "what crime does a protest consist in?"

EndSars derailed very quickly when they refused to engage the government despite a lot of concessions. That was the first red flag that it has become a fifth column operation. They also have a telegram group where you can clearly see some of them armed and threatening violence. They also covered their crimes and plotted how to clamp down on dissenting voices in the social media space in a herd-like manner. They claimed the protest was organic and had no leaders but that was a lie, it was a carefully organized coup attempt. A lot of youths were fooled though.

Follow this Twitter link for images and voicenotes from the telegram group.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KomeLaw/status/1325509363704999936

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by helinues: 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
11x12132222222:
[s][/s]

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
Dominique
OAMJ4

Rule 1
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Chujor1634(m): 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Our FG is clueless

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by 10mobile: 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

If it was said that they arrested people for doing all these things you mentioned, I wouldn't ask the question. The news says that they are being penalized just for being EndSARS Protesters and not that looters, arsonists, or any other group of criminals were arrested.
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by helinues: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
11x12132222222:
[s][/s]
how's your friend mr Ismail Abiodun Sokunbi

Who is this?

Do I know you or you missed road?

RuudVanNisteroy
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Bkayyy: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mr OP try and read more history on revolutions. It is normal, infact Buhari is being more lenient. Which I presume might be because many eyes are on him, if not most of these celebrities would have been sentenced to death like what happened in Iran after their own failed revolution.
But the ability of Buhari to figure out how to use food to quench this revolution baffles me. And the ignorant youths thought they hit food jackpot with those palliatives and non of them asked this question "who is bringing out the location of palliatives?" and "why is it now that the locations are being exposed with most having few guards or none"

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by amc: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
10mobile:

Who set fire to the Lekki Toll Gate and adjoining office building? At least we have been told that it was the real "protesters" that were there, unlike the hoodlums in Ajah and Orile.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by GeneralStan(m): 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
1.) Because they are too daft to understand the rudiments of democracy!

2 ) they are trying to protect a system that is killing Nigeria because it's profitable to their pockets.

3.) they are all unrepentant criminals.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Jostoman: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
10mobile:

don't mind that Fool
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by stonemasonn: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
No human rights lawyers to come to their rescue?
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by Rosskivvy: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
10mobile:

Use your damn brain.

Since when did it become ok to go around destroying public and private properties and infrastructure because you are angry at the govt?

Is that what you call protest or are you a mad person?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by plessis: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
To make sure Nigerians never protest again.
Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by 10mobile: 3:24am On Nov 12, 2020
AMINDA:

EndSars derailed very quickly when they refused to engage the government despite a lot of concessions. That was the first red flag that it has become a fifth column operation. They also have a telegram group where you can clearly see some of them armed and threatening violence. They also covered their crimes and plotted how to clamp down on dissenting voices in the social media space in a herd-like manner. They claimed the protest was organic and had no leaders but that was a lie, it was a carefully organized coup attempt. A lot of youths were fooled though.

Follow this Twitter link for images and voicenotes from the telegram group.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KomeLaw/status/1325509363704999936
Thanks. Yours is the only answer that I find meaningful and comprehensive here. I will take time to check out those voice notes and media you referenced. Ironically, I warned on this forum that this would happen but people insulted me then. See the thread on which I gave my warning:

https://www.nairaland.com/6191841/endsars-alert-see-what-happen

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals? by wowcatty: 4:15am On Nov 12, 2020
Because they were paid by some politicians to kill and destroy for their selfish interests.

Govt should take the money and use it to by food and distribute it to the poor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Opts For Restructuring, Sends Memorandum To NASS / Imo North : The Candidate Of PDP Is A First Timer, But Defeated The Veterans / Femi Adesina To Nigerians: Be Thankful Bombings Don’t Happen Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.