Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Who Really Is Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Is Jesus? (10660 Views)

Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Is Jesus? by Corrections: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
WHO REALLY IS  JESUS?

Jesus is the person who had been long prophesied about as the messiah and son of God by prophets who lived hundreds and thousands of years before his birth.
Prophets like Isaiah, David, Micah, Zechariah, and others prophesied about Jesus being the messiah and son of God. You can find the prophecies of these prophets in the following book of the Bible:
Micah 5:2
Isaiah 53
Psalm 2:6-12
Zechariah 9:9

WHAT WERE HIS MISSIONS?

Jesus' missions can be classified into the following categories:

To set people free from bondage of the devil

One of the missions of the coming of Jesus to the world is to set people free from the bonds of the devil, e.g., sicknesses, infirmities, and others, so that everybody can live a peaceful life.

John 8:36
So if the son of God set you free, you are free indeed

Rom 3:21-22 and 25
But now God has shown us a different way to heaven, not by being good enough and trying to keep his laws, but by a new way. Now God says he will accept and acquit us and declare us not guilty if we trust Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be  saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are or what we have been like. Also ephesian 3:12, Gal:1-5, 

To teach people the truth about God.

Jesus came to teach the world the practical truth about God's plan for the people of the world.

John 7:16
And Jesus told them, "I am not teaching you my own thoughts, but those of God, who sent me."

To create a platform to link people to heaven and God ( messiah )

Jesus came to the world as the messiah being the son of God. God's plan is that through Jesus, we can connect to heaven and eventually arrive in  heaven.

John 14:6
Jesus told him, "I am the way." Yes, and the truth and life No one can get to the father except by means of me.

HOW CAN WE CONNECT TO  JESUS?

The simple way to connect to Jesus is to ask to come into your life and be the lord and saviour of your life and believe in him.

John 12:44-46
Jesus shouted to the crowd if you trust me you are really trusting God. for when you see me , you are seeing the one who sent me.  I have come as a light  to shine in this dark world , so that all who put their trust in me  will no longer wander in the darkness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
Error, Mr Corrections, The Lord, Jesus, The Christ, is not a man!

He only Came down and Took Up our form, but He is Not one of Us.

So, please, make the necessary correction to reflect the True State of Affairs!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Corrections: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Thanks................I completely agree with you. Jesus is a spirit from God that came to earth to live among men as human being ( man ). Even while living among men on earth his words were spirit and life from God in heaven. I only used that tittle for easy understanding.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
Unfortunately, that person called Jesus who raised up Zombies and fly around town like a superman doesn't exist.

5 Likes

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
He is just a creation of the Constantine cartel . the men that he summoned to Nicea to deliberate on a single religion for the empire...it is so unfortunate that they stole the Jewish Tanakh and added their paganism at the end of Malachi. To deceive the gullible and people with feeble minds.

There is no where in the entire old testament that remotely speak of Jesu's or God having a son . no where..

Isaiah 45 :5; I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God: I will strengthen you although you have not known Me

6; In order that they know from the shining of the sun and from the west that there is no one besides Me; I am the Lord and there is no other.

7; Who forms light and creates darkness, Who makes peace and creates evil; I am the Lord, Who makes all these.

God is the universe itself, existence itself..whatever happens , happens because it is his will...No devil or Satan that is equal and opposite to him. The devil is part of him..

The lord (Marduk) with the universe as his garments..

Only for those with spiritual eyes..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Ihedinobi3: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Corrections:

Thanks................I completely agree with you. Jesus is a spirit from God that came to earth to live among men as human being ( man ). Even while living among men on earth his words were spirit and life from God in heaven. I only used that tittle for easy understanding.

I'm pretty sure the Bible disagrees with both of you.

14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
Hebrews 2:14-18 (NKJV)

He did take our form, but that means that He became human like us. As Philippians 2:5-7 teaches, He is both God and Man. No one can be saved without believing that this is Who Jesus is and that it is this Jesus Who died spiritually on the Cross for our sins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Corrections:

I'm thankful you understand and the main reason I thought you should change the the header is because of the many False Prophets here who shall come to pervert The Truth!

These antichrists and haters of God love Ambiguity, therefore Accuracy is their Enemy!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I'm pretty sure the Bible disagrees with both of you.

14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
Hebrews 2:14-18 (NKJV)

Without reading through your whole post, 2 Accurate words Stick Out "Partaken," and "shared in" then I saw the emboldened word "like" in the Statement "He had to be made like His brethren", you have expressly expressed the very words Establishing our Claim.

In KjV Hebrews 2 is written "took part" which Clearly means that a person was not there at the beginning but he put himself into the transaction.

Which is proven by John 1, 1-4; 6-11 and Mathew11, 1-6.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Ihedinobi3: 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Without reading through your whole post, 2 Accurate words Stick Out "Partaken," and "shared in" then I saw the emboldened word "like" in the Statement "He had to be made like His brethren", you have expressly expressed the very words Establishing our Claim.

In KjV Hebrews 2 is written "took part" which Clearly means that a person was not there at the beginning but he put himself into the transaction.

Which is proven by John 1, 1-4; 6-11 and Mathew11, 1-6.

Since you must know what "partake" and "take part" both mean, what other way did you expect the translators to say that Jesus became human just like those He came to save?

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

Since you must know what "partake" and "take part" both mean, what other way did you expect the translators to say that Jesus became human just like those He came to save?

Then your question and objection is moot because those words Paid Great Attention to the Knowledge of Who He Really Was and Is and the Authors never deviated from that fact

Also, the Authors knew to Always Give Full Respect to Him whenever they attempted to talk about Him and this always evident in the way they spoke about Him.

In KjV, the palpable Fear and Reverence of Him is there!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Ihedinobi3: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Then your question and objection is moot because those words Paid Great Attention to the Knowledge of Who He Really Was and Is and the Authors never deviated from that fact

Also, the Authors knew to Always Give Full Respect to Him whenever they attempted to talk about Him and this always evident in the way they spoke about Him.

In KjV, the palpable Fear and Reverence of Him is there!

For what it is worth...

John's Gospel was written specifically to demonstrate that Jesus was God Himself come in the flesh. His first epistle too was written to point out the importance of believing that He was truly Human just as He was truly God. Among the things he said in that epistle was the argument that the Spirit, the water and the blood were all witnesses to the humanity of Jesus Christ (1 John 5:6,8 ). The Spirit clearly witnessed to the Humanity of our Lord through so very many things: the Virgin Birth, the miracles, the real death on the Cross, and the Resurrection, to mention some very important proofs. The water and the blood of John 19:34 proved too that the Lord's body was a real human body. It was no illusion or any kind of gimmick.

John insists in his epistle that it is impossible to be saved if one does not believe that Jesus is both fully and truly God and fully and truly Man.

2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
1 John 4:2-3 (NKJV)

So, I would be careful about continuing down this path that you seem to like so much. The Scriptures are clear that rejection of either the Deity or the true Humanity of Jesus Christ is proof that one is not only not a child of God, but also that one is of the antichrist.

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

For what it is worth...

John's Gospel was written specifically to demonstrate that Jesus was God Himself come in the flesh. His first epistle too was written to point out the importance of believing that He was truly Human just as He was truly God. Among the things he said in that epistle was the argument that the Spirit, the water and the blood were all witnesses to the humanity of Jesus Christ (1 John 5:6,8 ). The Spirit clearly witnessed to the Humanity of our Lord through so very many things: the Virgin Birth, the miracles, the real death on the Cross, and the Resurrection, to mention some very important proofs. The water and the blood of John 19:34 proved too that the Lord's body was a real human body. It was no illusion or any kind of gimmick.

John insists in his epistle that it is impossible to be saved if one does not believe that Jesus is both fully and truly God and fully and truly Man.

2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

So, I would be careful about continuing down this path that you seem to like so much. The Scriptures are clear that rejection of either the Deity or the true Humanity of Jesus Christ is proof that one is not only not a child of God, but also that one is of the antichrist.

Ah! You misunderstand us, we do not reject The Lord Jesus Christ, we Rather Love Him And we Recognise His Great Greatness over us and we are happy to keep that knowledge before our eyes Always.

Now, we further appreciate that this same Great and Mighty Lord, Left His Great High and Holy Place to visit little foolish wicked us on earth. to teach and do many many wonderful and great things for we little foolish wicked us, and All were done for our benefit and to His Holy hurt, injury and death!

And to do that, He took up our form and likeness!

Like He told Pilate, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me," we therefore recognise and seek to always remember that, The Lord Jesus Christ, is God Over and Above us Always, and we never intend to forget it even for a micro-milli-second!

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Ihedinobi3: 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah! You misunderstand us, we do not reject The Lord Jesus Christ, we Rather Love Him And we Recognise His Great Greatness over us and we are happy to keep that knowledge before our eyes Always.

Now, we further appreciate that this same Great and Mighty Lord, Left His Great High and Holy Place to visit little foolish wicked us on earth. to teach and do many many wonderful and great things for we little foolish wicked us, and All were done for our benefit and to His Holy hurt, injury and death!

And to do that, He took up our form and likeness!

Like He told Pilate, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me," we therefore recognise and seek to always remember that, The Lord Jesus Christ, is God Over and Above us Always, and we never intend to forget it even for a micro-milli-second!

This is what you said:

"Error, Mr Corrections, The Lord, Jesus, The Christ, is not a man!

He only Came down and Took Up our form, but He is Not one of Us."

I'm not sure how anyone can misunderstand that. If Jesus is not a man, then He is not a man. But the Bible is clear that He is. The Bible is also clear that He is God. The Bible is also clear that it is only by believing both things along with the truth of His Sacrifice for us on the Cross that we are saved. The question is whether you agree with the Bible or not. So far, I am not sure that you do, but that really is your problem, not mine. I'm just pointing it out to you for what good it might do you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

This is what you said:

"Error, Mr Corrections, The Lord, Jesus, The Christ, is not a man!

He only Came down and Took Up our form, but He is Not one of Us."

I'm not sure how anyone can misunderstand that. If Jesus is not a man, then He is not a man. But the Bible is clear that He is. The Bible is also clear that He is God. The Bible is also clear that it is only by believing both things along with the truth of His Sacrifice for us on the Cross that we are saved. The question is whether you agree with the Bible or not. So far, I am not sure that you do, but that really is your problem, not mine. I'm just pointing it out to you for what good it might do you.

I understand your intentions but this is the wisdom, if and when a king takes up the clothes of the poor, is he the poor?

And does the clothing prevent him from being a king, deserving of honour and fear?

I believe that you would agree with me that the Right and Accurate Answers to these questions posed is "No", He is a king with and without the clothings of the poor.

And even with the clothings of the poor, he remaineth a king still, retaining all his honour and fear!

For any who dealeth with the king, though he wear the clothings of the poor, as one who is poor, such a one is not wise at all!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Ihedinobi3: 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I understand your intentions but this is the wisdom, if and when a king takes up the clothes of the poor, is he the poor?

And does the clothing prevent him from being a king, deserving of honour and fear?

I believe that you would agree with me that the Right and Accurate Answers to these questions posed is "No", He is a king with and without the clothings of the poor.

And even with the clothings of the poor, he remaineth a king still, retaining all his honour and fear!

For any who dealeth with the king, though he wear the clothings of the poor, as one who is poor, such a one is not wise at all!

You don't need to persuade me of anything, I assure you. I'm perfectly content in worshiping Jesus Christ as God and also recognizing Him as a fellow Man and my big Brother too, because the Bible tells me that He is both. I'm not at issue here. I have shown you what I believe and what the Bible says. It's your own self that you have to deal with. If you think that there is some way around things that the Bible says unequivocally, then that is a problem that you, not I, have.

For me and any other Bible-believing Christian, we simply cannot consider anyone who rejects either the Deity or the Humanity of Jesus Christ a brother or sister, because the Bible says that they are not. That is all.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

You don't need to persuade me of anything, I assure you. I'm perfectly content in worshiping Jesus Christ as God and also recognizing Him as a fellow Man and my big Brother too, because the Bible tells me that He is both. I'm not at issue here. I have shown you what I believe and what the Bible says. It's your own self that you have to deal with. If you think that there is some way around things that the Bible says unequivocally, then that is a problem that you, not I, have.

For me and any other Bible-believing Christian, we simply cannot consider anyone who rejects either the Deity or the Humanity of Jesus Christ a brother or sister, because the Bible says that they are not. That is all.

You obviously have not taken notice that All the man, who Saw and Recognised Him, bowed and worshipped Him, even though He appeared to look like a man, First the wise-men from the east, then the disciples when they recognised Who He was, then my beautiful wise lady who cried for His Forgiveness in Luke 7, and the dying thief!

All these Recognised Who He was and Is and they paid Full Respect to His Greatness and not a one ever got any reprimand or chastisement for Fully Honouring Him as The Lord God, while in His Presence, in the likeness of man!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Ihedinobi3: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You obviously have not taken notice that All the man, who Saw and Recognised Him, bowed and worshipped Him, even though He appeared to look like a man, First the wise-men from the east, then the disciples when they recognised Who He was, then my beautiful wise lady who cried for His Forgiveness in Luke 7, and the dying thief!

All these Recognised Who He was and Is and they paid Full Respect to His Greatness and not a one ever got any reprimand or chastisement for Fully Honouring Him as The Lord God, while in His Presence, in the likeness of man!

I'm not sure what you're fighting about.

You were the one that claimed that I misunderstood you after I posted the passage in 1 John 4. Obviously I didn't. Rather, you obviously don't believe what the Bible says about Jesus Christ and you are only attempting to hide your unbelief.

You don't need to persuade me that you are right. I don't believe you and I honestly don't care what you think is true as long as you are opposing the Bible. If you agree with the Bible, then you're my friend. If you don't, you're not. It doesn't matter what you think I should believe. As I said, I only pointed your error out so that you can be saved if you are willing to be. But that choice is up to you. It has nothing to do with me.

Again, there is no question that Jesus was and is God forevermore. The issue for you is whether you believe that He also became a true Man and died on the Cross for our sins and was resurrected as a true Man forevermore for our justification. That is what the Bible teaches. If you don't believe it, you're not saved. If you do, you are.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I'm not sure what you're fighting about.

You were the one that claimed that I misunderstood you after I posted the passage in 1 John 5. Obviously I didn't. Rather, you obviously don't believe what the Bible says about Jesus Christ and you are only attempting to hide your unbelief.

You don't need to persuade me that you are right. I don't believe you and I honestly don't care what you think is true as long as you are opposing the Bible. If you agree with the Bible, then you're my friend. If you don't, you're not. It doesn't matter what you think I should believe. As I said, I only pointed your error out so that you can be saved if you are willing to be. But that choice is up to you. It has nothing to do with me.

Again, there is no question that Jesus was and is God forevermore. The issue for you is whether you believe that He also became a true Man and died on the Cross for our sins and was resurrected as a true Man forevermore for our justification. That is what the Bible teaches. If you don't believe it, you're not saved. If you do, you are.

My friend, i sincerely did not wish to directly point out the errors of your thinking but rather I adopted the policy of "let us agree to disagree" but you leave me no choice.

This is my comprehensive opinion on the subject and I am in Full Compliance with All The Laws of God for The Lord Clearly Said

Luke 12:4-5
4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Doth any man have power to kill my soul? No! I, say, a man hath No Such power, But All Power, Belongs To The Lord, Our God, Who is God from the beginning and Who Remaineth God, Always!

It is You who does Wrong in Reducing and Comparing The Greatness of our God, to the Dust of the earth, that He Himself, Created by claiming and saying that He is "a fellow Man" and "a true Man".

Secondly, you commit an Offence by Wrongfully Reducing and Lowering Your Creator to the Estimation of the Creation, That He, The Creator, even created, in breach of The Law of God as Exhibited in Job 4:17

Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

I now say
Shall mortal man be equal to God? Shall the created be equal to His Maker?

Let us examine the facts to see if there was any Semblance to your "fellow man"!

1) His Holy Birth/Arrival!
Is there any"fellow man" who had or has a Holy Birthing, apart from Him? Or are all men not born of sexual copulation between man and woman? Did that ever happen to Him? Was His Holy Conceiving not a Holy Implantation without any sexual contact? Are men not conceived from coitus-penetratus-sperma-delivery?

So compare, even in His Holy Birthing, was it like the conception of "fellow man"?

2) His Conduct on earth:
look at how you and all your fellow men think, look at His Thinking! Is it the same? He said He came to fulfil The Law your fellow man now say He came to change The Law.

He said Adultery commences from heart, yet your fellow men think that they are guilty of adultery only when they have physically implemented it.

He said give to receive, your fellow man says do not give, "for if you give your thing will finish and you would not have again"

So, tell me can these 2 People be the same?

3) His Powers:
Did He drop or lose His Powers to become like man?
i- Can fellow man speak to diseases and they shall hear?
ii -Do demons fear fellow man that they beg and take permission from him?
iii- can fellow man forgive and remove the sins of his fellow man? (Even his own e no fit remove not to talk of another person's)
iv- Can fellowman warn the mosquito, fly and rat not to disturb his peace that they should hear him, not to talk of the fact of calming the stormy sea?
V- Can fellow man walk upon the sea?

4) His Holy Departure from earth!
Like His Holy Arrival on earth was Exclusively Special and Different from yours and all men, His Departure was even Greatly Exclusively Special and in complete variance with yours and all fellow man.

For which fellow man died and departed from the face of the earth and the stone moved because of his dying, not to talk of having an earthquake? Or which man died that he raised himself up from the death? Or which man lifted himself up out of the earth to be seen no more on the face of the earth?

If No Fellow man did any of these things neither is he able to do any of them, how then is it reasonably and even conceivable to dare to compare He that is God Over all these things and more, to the similitude of fellow man?

In which part of these primary things that a fellow man is made of, can you find any semblance to the fellow man, to reasonably justify you to call Him Who is God, "a fellow man"?

His birth was Exclusively and Especially Different, His Conduct was Different, His Departure was Specially Exclusively Different, so wherein is His similarity to "fellow man"?

It is Greatly Unjust, unfair, Insultive, Ridiculing, Derogatory, Defamatory, Disrespectful and in Great Disregard, to The Glory and Honour and Power and Majesty and the High Greatness of The Person of Our Lord and God, Jesus, The Christ!

You should look up the Scope and Magnitude and Power of The Offence of Defamation, in relation to The Lord and see if your thinking is correct and good and Right before The Lord!

For if you would KNOWINGLY avoid to defame no man on earth, How Then Can You Think To Knowingly Defame, Him, Who Is High and Came From On High, Even thy Own God?

This is My Stand!

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48am On Nov 14, 2020
God's only begotten SON!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Ihedinobi3: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

My friend, i sincerely did not wish to directly point out the errors of your thinking but rather I adopted the policy of "let us agree to disagree" but you leave me no choice.

This is my comprehensive opinion on the subject and I am in Full Compliance with All The Laws of God for The Lord Clearly Said

Luke 12:4-5
4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Doth any man have power to kill my soul? No! I, say, a man hath No Such power, But All Power, Belongs To The Lord, Our God, Who is God from the beginning and Who Remaineth God, Always!

It is You who does Wrong in Reducing and Comparing The Greatness of our God, to the Dust of the earth, that He Himself, Created by claiming and saying that He is "a fellow Man" and "a true Man".

Secondly, you commit an Offence by Wrongfully Reducing and Lowering Your Creator to the Estimation of the Creation, That He, The Creator, even created, in breach of The Law of God as Exhibited in Job 4:17

Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

I now say
Shall mortal man be equal to God? Shall the created be equal to His Maker?

Let us examine the facts to see if there was any Semblance to your "fellow man"!

1) His Holy Birth/Arrival!
Is there any"fellow man" who had or has a Holy Birthing, apart from Him? Or are all men not born of sexual copulation between man and woman? Did that ever happen to Him? Was His Holy Conceiving not a Holy Implantation without any sexual contact? Are men not conceived from coitus-penetratus-sperma-delivery?

So compare, even in His Holy Birthing, was it like the conception of "fellow man"?

2) His Conduct on earth:
look at how you and all your fellow men think, look at His Thinking! Is it the same? He said He came to fulfil The Law your fellow man now say He came to change The Law.

He said Adultery commences from heart, yet your fellow men think that they are guilty of adultery only when they have physically implemented it.

He said give to receive, your fellow man says do not give, "for if you give your thing will finish and you would not have again"

So, tell me can these 2 People be the same?

3) His Powers:
Did He drop or lose His Powers to become like man?
i- Can fellow man speak to diseases and they shall hear?
ii -Do demons fear fellow man that they beg and take permission from him?
iii- can fellow man forgive and remove the sins of his fellow man? (Even his own e no fit remove not to talk of another person's)
iv- Can fellowman warn the mosquito, fly and rat not to disturb his peace that they should hear him, not to talk of the fact of calming the stormy sea?
V- Can fellow man walk upon the sea?

4) His Holy Departure from earth!
Like His Holy Arrival on earth was Exclusively Special and Different from yours and all men, His Departure was even Greatly Exclusively Special and in complete variance with yours and all fellow man.

For which fellow man died and departed from the face of the earth and the stone moved because of his dying, not to talk of having an earthquake? Or which man died that he raised himself up from the death? Or which man lifted himself up out of the earth to be seen no more on the face of the earth?

If No Fellow man did any of these things neither is he able to do any of them, how then is it reasonably and even conceivable to dare to compare He that is God Over all these things and more, to the similitude of fellow man?

In which part of these primary things that a fellow man is made of, can you find any semblance to the fellow man, to reasonably justify you to call Him Who is God, "a fellow man"?

His birth was Exclusively and Especially Different, His Conduct was Different, His Departure was Specially Exclusively Different, so wherein is His similarity to "fellow man"?

It is Greatly Unjust, unfair, Insultive, Ridiculing, Derogatory, Defamatory, Disrespectful and in Great Disregard, to The Glory and Honour and Power and Majesty and the High Greatness of The Person of Our Lord and God, Jesus, The Christ!

You should look up the Scope and Magnitude and Power of The Offence of Defamation, in relation to The Lord and see if your thinking is correct and good and Right before The Lord!

For if you would KNOWINGLY avoid to defame no man on earth, How Then Can You Think To Knowingly Defame, Him, Who Is High and Came From On High, Even thy Own God?

This is My Stand!

Your stand, for clarity, is that you don't believe that Jesus is a Man. What you have done here appears to obfuscate that once again. As I said, your arguments mean nothing to me. I don't care why you believe what you believe if your arguments do not stand on the Bible. For what it is worth, this is what the Bible actually says:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:1-14 (NKJV)

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.” 13 And again, “I will put my trust in him.” And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” 14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil — 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Hebrews 2:10-18 (NIV)

17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’ ”
John 20:17 (NKJV)

5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me. 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure. 7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come— In the volume of the book it is written of Me— To do Your will, O God.’ ” 8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. 10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
Hebrews 10:5-14 (NKJV)

Since the whole Bible is actually about Jesus Christ, there is no lack of Scriptures that testify to both His Deity and His Humanity.

Perhaps you still don't understand, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and explain once more.

We believe what the Bible says. We don't tell the Bible what to say. If the Bible says something, then it is the truth that we must believe. Therefore, it makes no difference that the thing is weird. You may find it hard to believe that one Person can be both Almighty God and humble Man, it may make no sense to you, but that is not what matters. Whether it makes sense to you or not, the Bible says that that is what Jesus is. So, the question is whether you will accept the Bible's testimony or whether you will reject it. If you accept it, you will be saved. If you reject it, you are condemned.

Is man inferior to God? Absolutely! That is why the Love of God demonstrated in Jesus Christ's deliberate taking up of humanity to die for us is so great.

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 (NKJV)

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5-11 (NKJV)

Had it not been because He loved us so much, the Lord Jesus would never have accepted the humiliation of becoming human for our sakes, much less dying on the Cross in such ignobility for our own sins. That sort of love is beyond human ability:

13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
John 15:13 (NIV)

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
Romans 5:7 (NKJV)

Human beings understand doing difficult things for good people even though they rarely do it. Only God would go so far as to humble Himself to become human AND on top of that die for the sins of His own enemies. That is the greatness of God's Love for us. The Father Himself demonstrates His Own Love by giving Jesus Christ Who is, as I have said several times now, equally God with Him and God forever, to humble Himself to become human and die for our sins. The Holy Spirit demonstrates His Own Love for us by empowering this whole process, making the Virgin Birth possible, creating a separation between the Lord Jesus's Deity and His Humanity in His First Advent (no mean feat, if you actually stop to think about it), effecting the Sacrifice on the Cross so that the Lord Jesus was able to die for us, and raising Him from the dead too. Only the Trinity could love like this. Not even angels can.

Are we sinful but Jesus never was? Absolutely.

15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4:15 (NKJV) (cf. James 3:2; 1 John 1:8 )

We are sinners. That is why a righteous, perfect Man was needed to die for us, so that we would never have to suffer the just consequence of our sins. But it is a mistake to think that humanity is by definition sinful. We corrupted our own humanity with our sin, but humanity is not sinful by definition.

29 Truly, this only I have found:
That God made man upright,
But they have sought out many schemes.”
Ecclesiastes 7:29 (NKJV)

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
Romans 5:12 (NKJV)

That Jesus became Human like us does not at all mean that He became a sinner like us. He never did. We are the sinners. He is our Kinsman-Redeemer, the Kinsman with both the means and the willingness to redeem us from our debt to sin and to restore us to God as fellow children of the Father and co-heirs with Him (Romans 8:14-17).

So, I will warn you one last time: if you wish for eternal life, to avoid the condemnation of the Lake of Fire, you would be wise to believe the Gospel as presented to us in the Bible. Believe in Jesus Christ God and Man Who died a terrible spiritual death on the Cross for our sins and Who was raised from the dead for our justification. This is the only way to become a child of God. And only by continuing to hold on to this conviction do we remain children of God. If you reject this good news, you will perish. You will spend eternity banished from God's glorious Presence in the Lake of Fire where you will suffer terribly and regret your hardhearted rebellion against the Truth.

Finally, you should not bother again to persuade me that your reasoning is correct. That would be futile. The Scriptures tell you,

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
Proverbs 3:5-7 (NKJV)

So, standing on your own wisdom is foolishness and proof of an evil heart. Trust what the Lord says to be true even if your own "great wisdom" tells you that it isn't. That is the only way to please the Lord, for "without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6). You must believe God even in spite of yourself, if you want His blessing to rest upon you.

If you are not pleased to believe God, so be it. Your blood is upon your own head. I have given you the warning that I should. You have seen what the Scriptures themselves say. Your condemnation is yours. But don't bother to convince me either of your own righteousness or of my own errors in this matter. You would be wasting your time and I will not respond to such arguments again. What is left is your own choice to make. Mine is already made and I will not be changing it at your word. You are free to believe whatever you want. As I have said many times already, the blessing for the right choice here belongs to you and the curse for the wrong one belongs to you as well. Mine is only to make a witness for your own good, if you will accept it.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by MrPresident1: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2020
MrPresident1:
Donald Trump is king of America in the order of Anointed god-kings like Cyrus of Persia, both named by name in the Bible. Only an anointed god-king could have built the temple of God in Jerusalem.

Solomon did it. Cyrus did it. The Donald did it too! Jesus will do it!

This conspiracy against The Donald will unravel; the Donald will have a great victory, he will trump his enemies, he will triumph over all of them. The voice of victory will be loud and total and complete, without any equivocation. It will be clear to everyone that the Donald has triumphed over all his enemies.

President Joe Biden's tenure is not found in the Bible. Sleepy Joe will not be president.

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

When President Trump triumphs and blows his trump and it becomes clear as daylight there is now no longer any opposition whatsoever to his kingship, rulership and and dominion, and that of America over the world too, then we will hear from heaven.

We will hear the trump of God.

2 Samuel 22:14-16
The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.
15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them.
16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.

Psalms 18:13
The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.

Everything before the end of this generation [of the sun].

Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by oluwaahmed: 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2020
sonmvayina:
He is just a creation of the Constantine cartel . the men that he summoned to Nicea to deliberate on a single religion for the empire...it is so unfortunate that they stole the Jewish Tanakh and added their paganism at the end of Malachi. To deceive the gullible and people with feeble minds.

There is no where in the entire old testament that remotely speak of Jesu's or God having a son . no where..

Isaiah 45 :5; I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God: I will strengthen you although you have not known Me

6; In order that they know from the shining of the sun and from the west that there is no one besides Me; I am the Lord and there is no other.

7; Who forms light and creates darkness, Who makes peace and creates evil; I am the Lord, Who makes all these.

God is the universe itself, existence itself..whatever happens , happens because it is his will...No devil or Satan that is equal and opposite to him. The devil is part of him..

The lord (Marduk) with the universe as his garments..

Only for those with spiritual eyes..

There's nothing spiritual about your eyes, in fact you are far from the truth.
Let me ask you, why would the creator of the universe create good and evil or the devil. A perfect, omniscient God would have seen the actions of the devil even before the devil thought of it. Can a perfect being perform imperfect works? , or allow his creations to be tampered with. A perfect God will not demand worship or kill rival worshippers because his essence will be felt by all and sundry and we would naturally just worship him.
Stop reading summerian texts of Enki et all. The summerians encountered Extraterrestrials.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
oluwaahmed:

There's nothing spiritual about your eyes, in fact you are far from the truth.
Let me ask you, why would the creator of the universe create good and evil or the devil. A perfect, omniscient God would have seen the actions of the devil even before the devil thought of it. Can a perfect being perform imperfect works? , or allow his creations to be tampered with. A perfect God will not demand worship or kill rival worshippers because his essence will be felt by all and sundry and we would naturally just worship him.
Stop reading summerian texts of Enki et all. The summerians encountered Extraterrestrials.

You are the daffest person I have meet on this forum...so oromila is an extra terrestrial?
Okpe like you...sorry to say..
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by oluwaahmed: 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are the daffest person I have meet on this forum...so oromila is an extra terrestrial?
Okpe like you...sorry to say..

So who the Bleep is oromila?
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2020
oluwaahmed:

So who the Bleep is oromila?

He is the Yoruba equivalent of Enki....they are just laws and principles within each and everyone of us...not extra terrestrial
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Corrections: 11:39am On Dec 08, 2020
Jesus is d same yesterday. . . .today. . . .and for ever. Hew 13:8 He is d savior of d world!!!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Corrections: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
Corrections:
WHO REALLY IS JESUS?

Jesus is the person that had been long prophesied about by prophets that lived hundred and thousands of years before the birth of Jesus as being the messiah and son of God.
Prophets like Isaiah, David, Micah, Zechariah and others prophesied about Jesus being the messiah and son of God. You can find the prophecies of these prophets in the following book of the bible
Micah 5: 2
Isaiah 53

WHAT WERE HIS MISSIONS?

Jesus missions can be classified into the following:

One of the missions of the coming of Jesus to the world is to set people free from bondage of the devil e.g sicknesses, infirmities and others so that everybody can live a peaceful live.

But now God has shown us a different way to heaven not by being good enough and trying to keep his laws, but by a new way. Now God says he will accept and acquit us and declare us not guilty if we trust Jesus christ to take away our sins. And we all can be  saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are  or what we have been like. Also ephesian 3:12, Gal:1-5,

Jesus came to teach the world about the practical truth about God's plan for the people of the world.

And Jesus told them am not teaching you my own thought, but those of God who sent me.

Jesus came to the world as the messiah being the son of God. Gods plan is that through Jesus we can connect to heaven and arrive at heaven eventually.

Jesus told him I am the way .Yes and the truth and life . No one can get to the father except by the means of me.

The simple way to connect to Jesus is to ask to come into your life and be the lord and saviour of your life and believe in him.

Jesus shouted to the crowd if you trust me you are really trusting God. for when you see me , you are seeing the one who sent me.  I have come as a light  to shine in this dark world , so that all who put their trust in me  will no longer wander in the darkness.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by Corrections: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
Corrections:
WHO REALLY IS JESUS?

Jesus is the person that had been long prophesied about by prophets that lived hundred and thousands of years before the birth of Jesus as being the messiah and son of God.
Prophets like Isaiah, David, Micah, Zechariah and others prophesied about Jesus being the messiah and son of God. You can find the prophecies of these prophets in the following book of the bible
Micah 5: 2
Isaiah 53

WHAT WERE HIS MISSIONS?

Jesus missions can be classified into the following:

One of the missions of the coming of Jesus to the world is to set people free from bondage of the devil e.g sicknesses, infirmities and others so that everybody can live a peaceful live.

But now God has shown us a different way to heaven not by being good enough and trying to keep his laws, but by a new way. Now God says he will accept and acquit us and declare us not guilty if we trust Jesus christ to take away our sins. And we all can be  saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are  or what we have been like. Also ephesian 3:12, Gal:1-5,

Jesus came to teach the world about the practical truth about God's plan for the people of the world.

And Jesus told them am not teaching you my own thought, but those of God who sent me.

Jesus came to the world as the messiah being the son of God. Gods plan is that through Jesus we can connect to heaven and arrive at heaven eventually.

Jesus told him I am the way .Yes and the truth and life . No one can get to the father except by the means of me.

Re: Who Really Is Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
Who did the people say i am? ~Jesus

Some are saying you're Elijah, Jeremiah or one of the prophets ~ disciples

OK, you who have been with me and studied me, what do you have to say about me? ~Jesus

You are the Christ the son of the living God ~ Peter

Blessed are you Peter because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you but my father who is in heaven did ~ Jesus Matthew 16:13-17

So according to Jesus himself he is the son of the living God!

May you have PEACE! smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss / Atheist Goes To Hell / Do Jet Owning Churches Care For The Poor - By Leke Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.