Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players (32333 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Has Set A New Record In Thr English FA Cup (Pic) / Fans May Not Be Returning To Football Matches Anytime Soon- FA Chairman / Kanu Nwankwo Goes On Tour With English FA Cup Trophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by codemaniacs: 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
zz
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Keizzmann(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
Freestainworld:
When will this happen in Africa, someone stepping down admitting his mistakes in a public office.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Dreambeat: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
I think it’s unfair for him to have been asked to resign. What is the difference be ‘people of colour’ used in the US without racial connotation and colored people.

1 Like

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by piper7(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
shogsman:

There is no single sense in what you're saying bros,the UK is not an all white country
UK is not an all white country because of the black slaves brought there hundreds of years ago. Without slavery the UK is an all white country.
You think if Nigeria/Africa was alright those Blacks will stay and not come back?
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Goodman247: 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
What of tribalism and nepotism in Nigeria, is even worse than racism
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Fescoblack(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
YahooG:
I don't blame the white,Blackman can't make his country attractive enough to attract the white man,so we can insult them back,but instead they will rush to a white mans land,and later will be shouting racism upandan,how many Asians are shouting racism,but Africa,just mention black Tyre,Sharp Sharp Racism,. Quote me and get hacked
so you mean it now the fault of those my migrate to white man's land that their nation isn't attractive enoung ?
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Grandmeister(m): 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Blacks like to cry racism too much, what is bad if he say coloured players...or are u not black?! after they will be bragging about saying black is beautiful...black is natural...this and that, that's how i called one very black Ghanaian lady saying all these about her skin shining black on Facebook. She blocked me till this day.

Inferiority complex kill blacks there. You should be proud of your skin. Yeye

For me call me black and watch me smile with all joy
Beyoncé sings brown skin girl and it’s ok..a white man calls you brown skin and you start wailing racism? You call a fellow black man niggar and picks offence when a white man calls you niggar? Lol black people are a case!

2 Likes

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by codemaniacs: 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by EmekaBlue(m): 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Grandmeister:

Beyoncé sings brown skin girl and it’s ok..a white man calls you brown skin and you start wailing racism? You call a fellow black man niggar and picks offence when a white man calls you niggar? Lol black people are a case!
grin I'm telling u...they feel so unsecured about themselves and pick offense easily on anything relating to their skin colour from a white person
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by BigBashiru: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Merimental:

seriously ? how many Black managers are in d epl, ligue 1 n ligue 2.

racism is non verbal in England n Europe. it's a way of life.

How many white football managers are in Nigeria and Ghana?? The black man can't keep going to Europe that's already built and be crying racism.. .. there's Enyimba FC in Nigeria - why can't blackd manage it?? Why must it be European ones they wanna manage??

3 Likes

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by 6digitscomrade: 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
thesicilian:
Racism is a character you can't hide forever, one day one word or two will definitely slip out to betray you
he is a learner when it comes to racism let him meet my slavic brethrens and learn how to present racism systematically and otherwise..

1 Like

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Grandmeister(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Tell me one top black manager that can coach Chelsea, real Madrid, Barcelona, psg right now

Infact tell me one top black manager you know

Mind you I'm not sure there are Asian managers in epl but you won't find Chinese crying expecting to be made boss simply for their skin color
It’s the same in the USA..Asians are the most brilliant and hardest workers in Ivy League schools even though they are also not finding it easy..but they are goal driven so much so that they don’t even have to stop and complain..little wonder they are one of the most successful race in America. The Asian culture believes that you must work for what you want, those guys work ethic is legendary over the centuries.

2 Likes

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by One4me: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
Clarke said he was "deeply saddened" for the offence he had caused by using the term "coloured footballers".

He prompted further criticism when referring to gay players making a "life choice" and a coach telling him young female players did not like having the ball hit hard at them.

He also said there were "a lot more South Asians than there are Afro-Caribbeans" in the FA's IT department because "they have different career interests".

"We can confirm that Greg Clarke has stepped down from his role as our chairman," said an FA statement.

HYPOCRITES everywhere!
Is "Black" or even "White" not a Color? If so, what is wrong in calling Black/White players, Colored Players?

Is being GAY not a Choice of Lifestyle (like sleeping with people of same gender as your self!)? So, what is wrong is saying it as it is, that it is a 'Life Choice; which anyone is entitled to make?

Is it not a fact that Asians have smaller physical sizes and as such, prefer to engage in less physically-demanding work?
Is it not a fact that Asians (especially Indians and Chinese) dominate the I.T Profession, all over the world?
What is wring in pointing out the 'obvious'?

Is it not a fact that females dont like Balls being hit hard at them? Do we not even see it in the Stadiums and football pitches where girls dodge the small when it is coming too hard at them?
Is it not just a matter of natural physiology or can anyone compare the Speed and physicality of Male Football with that of Female Football?

All these Political correctness sef. Man cant speak his mind again, simps will be crawling all over. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Grandmeister(m): 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
EmekaBlue:
grin I'm telling u...they feel so unsecured about themselves and pick offense easily on anything relating to their skin colour from a white person
That was why I had serious reservations about BLM, the world now feels a need to pamper black people. And such situations leads to more disrepect. Ngọzi okonjo is black, African, Nigerian and finally a woman YET she has broken boundaries in the western world without crying racism...yes racism exists but it can never hold you down if you’re a goal getter. If it weren’t so someone like Ngọzi who has all the ‘disadvantages’ of a black woman wouldn’t have gone far in life would she?
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by One4me: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
BigBashiru:

How many white football managers are in Nigeria and Ghana?? The black man can't keep going to Europe that's already built and be crying racism.. .. there's Enyimba FC in Nigeria - why can't blackd manage it?? Why must it be European ones they wanna manage??

That our INFERIORITY COMPLEX always dey weaken me!
A Country that is 60yrs old that cant use one of its own as its National team manager (just our of corruption and greed), NFF doing shady deals with second-rate foreign coaches who also achieve nothing, just like the Nigerian Coaches they were supposed to replace. undecided
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by uunwanaobong3: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
CNN and others left work media has been calling black people "people of colour" and no one has ever accused CNN, BBC and other left media of racism.

Now can someone with a free mind tell me the difference between "people of colour" and "Coloured players"?

Very soon the world would run out of adjectives or names to call Africans....... Because no matter what name you call Africans it is always considered racist.

You call them blacks........... Racist
You call them negros........... Racist
You call them niggaz............ Racist
You call them Africans.......... racist
You call them dark.................. Racist
You call them brown................ Racist
You call them people of color....... Racist
You call them pale skin................ Racist
You call them Nigerians.......... Racist

Please can someone tell me what name that you will call a black man, that is not considered a racist
Infact our very own nature as black men is racism

You used a black man as a slave in a film,... And they called you a racist.

Then you decide to used a black man as a slave master or master ........ And they accused you of stereotype.

As a whiteman, it is very hard now adays to speak on issue of black men, because every words you used is considered racist including calling a black mans name.

A white man simply chooses to be call a white man. Case close........ He doesn't disturb his already occupied mind with nonesense topic such as racism

1 Like

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by One4me: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
EmekaBlue:

You are right, some do ..............
But it will be totally naive, to think that racism does not exist or some black people are not subjected to it or they dont experience it.
I have seem far too many examples, to know this for a fact.
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Godada(m): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Imagine step down on he own
But if na africa especially Nigerians them nor dey step down
Them die there...
Na wetin inspector General of police supposed do during the endsars protest

Na wetin the lifeless one suppose don do since time immemorial but we dey suffer their ineptitude.
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by One4me: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
CNN and others left work media has been calling black people "people of colour" and no one has ever accused CNN, BBC and other left media of racism.

Please can someone tell me what name that you will call a black man, that is not considered a racist

It is not the name that is the problem it is the CONTEXT and USAGE.
You can call a 'Black' man, a 'white' man, and it would still be racist!
A lot of people have no idea what racism is all about. undecided
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by EmekaBlue(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
Grandmeister:

That was why I had serious reservations about BLM, the world now feels a need to pamper black people. And such situations leads to more disrepect. Ngọzi okonjo is black, African, Nigerian and finally a woman YET she has broken boundaries in the western world without crying racism...yes racism exists but it can never hold you down if you’re a goal getter. If it weren’t so someone like Ngọzi who has all the ‘disadvantages’ of a black woman wouldn’t have gone far in life would she?
Exactly. If blacks keep crying and not striving like the example u gave of Ngozi...the white will capitalise on that as black weak point
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by EmekaBlue(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
One4me:

You are right, some do ..............
But it will be totally naive, to think that racism does not exist or some black people are not subjected to it or they dont experience it.
I have seem far too many examples, to know this for a fact.
ofc there is racism same as there is tribalism and others but blacks shouldn't cry the skin colour too much
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by oluwaseyi0: 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
codemaniacs:

this is one of the problems you have because you haven't realized that to get a top job you have to be given the opportunity... how many black coaches have been given the opportunity to coach a top team... at least a Nigerian coach is currently doing well in Finland.
How many Asians have been given opportunity to coach top team?

Top team is not a testing ground, it's for tested and trusted managers which I personally without sentiment believe there's currently no Asian or black manager that can do top job

If you think any exist, please mention there name
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Franchise21(m): 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
incogni2o:

I am not stupid.
Kudos for that wisdom
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by eeetuk(m): 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
“Football Association chairman Greg Clarke has resigned over the "unacceptable" language he used when referring to black players.

Clarke said he was "deeply saddened" for the offence he had caused by using the term "coloured footballers".

What is your skin color?
Now-a-days, white people cannot get their message across unless they use negative words to define people.

For example, Donald J. Trump, the US president called black countries shithole nations upon resuming office in 2016.

And on February 2, 2018 Tony Henry—a director of player recruitment at English premier league [ West Ham United] was suspended after a report surfaced in which he said club should no longer bring west African players to the team because African players have bad attitudes.

I want to know why is this so common?

I write to argue that systematic divisions among black people is the culprit.
Why?
Growing up as a child, I used to admire two clubs in Nigeria: stationary stores football club of Lagos and Rangers International football club of Enugu, Anambra State. Every year, these two clubs would meet at the finals for a chance to win Nigeria top club trophy. They were just the best. On Saturdays, Rival supporters would dance, walk and promise victory for their side.

Boy, I used to love it. Because I could not afford to buy tickets to go to the match in person, I would carry small radio with me all the time to listen to commentaries.

Without a doubt, I used to think—twenty years down the road, Nigeria would have professional league which Nigerian players can play for and earn themselves good money and not worry about traveling abroad to look for similar jobs.

But I was wrong. Now, twenty years have long passed and Nigeria still does not have competitive football teams that pay as much as those of European teams.

As a result, Nigerian players who seek good paying teams to play for in overseas are now being subject to all forms of abuse.
It should not be this way. But it is because Nigerians are too divisive to work together.

1 Like

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by codemaniacs: 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
zz
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Grandmeister(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Exactly. If blacks keep crying and not striving like the example u gave of Ngozi...the white will capitalise on that as black weak point
That is why the Dems believe they own the black votes, because they understood the art of pampering the black communities. But it’s all superficial, they make them believe they care about them but it doesn’t translate to anything in their communities.
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Raydos: 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
YahooG:
I don't blame the white,Blackman can't make his country attractive enough to attract the white man,so we can insult them back,but instead they will rush to a white mans land,and later will be shouting racism upandan,how many Asians are shouting racism,but Africa,just mention black Tyre,Sharp Sharp Racism,. Quote me and get hacked

I swear, I have thought about this too, I'm glad I see someone who shares the same Idea as me!!

I don't understand this Rants on Racism all the time, Black People should develop their countries and Reduce poverty rate, I bet other races will start respecting them naturally too!

I'm tired of black people screaming All the time at any slightest Provocation!!
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by demmymoney(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
I'm not seeing anything racist, this oyinbos sef any small thing RACISM!!!

WHICH KIND OF VICTIMIZED MINDSET ARE THEY DEVELOPING IN WE "THE COLORED PEOPLE" MTSCHEWW

HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABERRATION AND ABOMINATION AND ABNORMALITY NAH SO WHATS THE FUSS

Anyways thank God I am a proud Nigerian sha and I m proud of my country and social laws and yes we can improve and do better but we are not allowing aberrations like radicalized feminism, abortionists and LGBTQ!!!!!
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Raydos: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Merimental:

You guys should shut the hell up, Europe and England entirely are white country, So Automatically there will be more White people!!

You people should develop your Continent (Africa) and stop screaming on another man's land all the time!!

1 Like

Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by demmymoney(m): 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Merimental:

How many white coaches are in African's top leagues??
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by Kyase(m): 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Freestainworld:
When will this happen in Africa, someone stepping down admitting his mistakes in a public office.
Go and tell Trump that in US

In other news
Fergie001, I can see your handiwork
Gomez is injured
Re: Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players by justli: 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Fooolish man. Resigning because you couldn't keep up with fickle emotional people and their virtue signaling.

He just bowed to virtue signal mobs, and there is nothing courageous about what he did. These people keep changing words and language to suit their narratives and consequently control our lives...
He should have his resignation speech ready for his next job because he is sure to misgender someone soon

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthonia Abisola: Female Footballer Shows Her Football Skills Online (video) / Neymar, Oshoala, Coutinho, Mertens, Etc In All Star Nike Advert. / Man Utd Chiefs To Visit Saudi Arabia Amid Bin Salman Takeover Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.