Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) (22959 Views)

The Massive Corruption At The Government Hospital Where I Did My NYSC: Ex Corper / Ex-Corper Celebrates Her Sawyer Father For Sponsoring Her Education (Photos) / Meet Progress Oberiko, Ex Corper Brought The Lunatic Family Of 5 To Limelight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
My Nysc Dairy
#Nasarawa/Lagos Corper
#Batch C1,2019
I have always dreamt of serving in Abuja or Lagos but i couldn't see any on the day of my NYSC registration. On the faithful day I printed my call up letter, it was Nassarawa. Oh! I was caught inbetween the devil and the deep blue sea. I had no option cause I knew Nassarawa was close to Abuja.� I journeyed down to Nasarawa through Abuja road. While I was in Abuja coming down to Nasarawa, I couldn't get hold of myself. My mind kept saying "Why not Abuja". Abuja is too beautiful. I arrived Nasarawa "Magaji Danyamusa camp" at 12:30pm.
On reaching the camp, there came some children who helped me with my bags. I was shocked to see them at first, but I had to allow them. They assisted me with my bags to the gate and I had to give them a little token to show appreciation. There were soldiers at the gate who searched people's bags to see if there are harmful objects or Illicit drugs. When it got to my turn, they searched and told me to carry my bag on the head and jump like an Otondo. Yes "Otondo".
That's the name they call new PCM who ain't sworn in yet. I jumped inside the camp with my bags on the head. I wanted to go for my clearance but the Nysc officials were gone to sleep. Then after I went to pick up mattress and searched for a good hostel room. I saw a good one " M4" male hostel which was so neat. I had to look for a good space befitting for me. I saw a good space and it was closer a fan. Who no like better thing "Laughs'" I met new friends that evening which happened to be my bunk mate "PD" and another next to me "Suleman" After that I had to buy bread and drink from the Mami market and even bucket and slippers too. The next day, I went for my registration. The crowd was something else but I had to wait patiently for my turn. I was given my NYSC kits by my platoon officer. I was in platoon 4. I had to go for early morning parade the next day, but couldn't because I was tired. I was chased by some soldiers out to the parade ground. But I told them I have done my clearance. Oh! "I lied" The Next day I was set to go. I woke up very early to join the early morning parade but the queue in bathroom was something else. "eyes rolling" The bathroom and toilets were unkept by some corps members. I only use the bathroom and go to Mami market, pay my 50 naira and poo jejely. "Smiles". That's by the way. So I joined the parade ground to wake up with Nigeria. Nigeria do wake up by 6am amd sleeps by 6pm. That is, we went to the parade ground twice everyday. That same day we sang praise and worship. The muslims went to the mosque to pray often. This is done everyday beforen 6am. Once it is 6am, everyone gets ready for the national anthem and there is a particular girl with the loud voice who always shout for everyone to be ready. She shouts " Braid shun, Stand at ease" I laughed at the sound of every sound of her voice. "Laughs" Some announcements were made by our state coordinator, camp coordinator and some NYSC officials on that day. I met some of my coursemates and schoolmates and some of my school mates were snubs. " I no send dem". I met corps members from different Universities, some schooled in UK, US. You can identify them by the level of their question. They always tell you where they school before asking question. "smiles" For example, "my name is Chichi, I am a foreign student, schooled in UK, please where is the place for clearance " "Laughs" It was time to eat because normally they feed us three times a day. I went to check on the food, it wasn't encouraging, so I stop eating their food. I gave one of my hostel mate my card to use it and eat anytime he wants. "I no wan purge" Especially their beans, they usually poor red oil and bring the beans down immediately just like that. Mami market had good food. They sell even sharwama. It's your money that will do the talking. "Smiles" That's by the way.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
What is good for Thomas may not be good for Tom. There were avenue for people to join red cross, Media, etc. I wasn't prepared earlier to join any. I was preparing for the swearing in ceremony. I couldn't wait for it to come through. I went to the Mami Market, cut my hair, ironed my clothes, shaped my Khaki and my 7/7 kits were ready. Only shaping tailors took #500. If it was up and down, #1k."Eyes rolling". Fast forward to the swearing in Ceremony. On the day of NYSC swearing ceremony, top dignitaries, Camp coordinator, state coordinator and some NYSC officials came, including the soldiers. They addressed us and we were sworn in officially as Corps members. We had to put on our headdress and that shifted us from Otondo to Full time Corps members."Smile". I took beautiful pictures to mark the day..
Stealing was another side of the day in the camp. There were professional thieves in M3 and F3 hostel. What a coincidence "3". A particular girl always steal in that female hostel. She uses razor to cut people's back and her mission will be accomplished. She was caught severally and asked to vacate the hostel when caught. She was taken to another hostel but was rejected. Not only there but other hostels too. They stole phones, Milo, boxers and pant e.tc. But these aforementioned hostel was the brain behind all criminal activities. They stole my torch, white top, singlets and my cap in my hostel and in the hall. They even stole people's bucket. And if victim reports to the Soldiers, all of us in that particular hostel were the stealing took place will be in soup. Soldiers will ask everyone to come out and sit on the floor. Even when some persons did not pay their 200 naira fee for hostel levy, we were asked to come out and sit on the floor and they drilled us. Soldiers drilling are really tough. That's by the way. "smile" I identified myself with my platoon which was platoon 4. We voted our platoon president, assistant, head of kitchen, e.tc. Fast forward to SAED, it was time for SAED "Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development" I always attended this programme late. And it was done after early morning parade. People normally dodge this training because it leads to sleep. There were all forms of sleep. Sleeping and snoring, sleeping and opening eyes. "Laughs" (I didn't say anything oo) It is a very good programme which make people develop good entrepreneurship skills. I am always outside standing during this programme because the hall was easily filled by corps members.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
The rehearsal for marching began by each platoon, it was getting serious. This time after the early morning gathering by 6am, you wait behind for marching. The Nasarawa Sun was too much on me, it kept hitting me. Our platoon soldiers were training us on how to march very well for the competition. If you can't march you are to step aside. When it got to my turn, I was asked to step aside. I was happy. "Who wan match before" "Sighs". Some soldiers came disturbing me and others sitting down to join the marching after our disqualification. And they opined " If you are still sitting you are wrong" (Hahahahaha)"laughs". They just want you to be doing something. Even if you were standing. They will say "If you are still standing you are wrong". I went for early morning drillings which we jog around, squat and we sing some Man O War songs as we carry out the drilling. Songs like " O che be, O che be, moral high" and lots more. After all the morning drilling and other activities we go for SAED and come back by 4pm there about to do another parade, march and by 6pm we go to our various hostels. The Nasarawa wasn't friendly at all. It gave me Malaria because it was directly hitting my eyes. Had it been I knew dark glasses would have helped the situation. I was no longer strong anymore. I was doing a typing job, going for parade and now sickness came. "Head shakes". I couldn't participate any longer, go for SAED or do anything. I had problems with some soldiers who often chase me out. I told them I wasn't fine, yet they insulted me and the friendly ones suggest I go to the camp clinic. One Soldier threatened to deal with me, he asks me to kneel down. But I pleaded I wasn't strong. He wanted to take my I'd card, but I refused him and he reported me to his head. I was scared at first but some corps member and my friend "Christy" gave me courage to stand firm. I was calm at that. I had to go to the camp clinic when the matter became worse. I was strong for myself. I was still doing my typing job on the sick bed. I missed our welcome party. One of my coursemate "Hope" and my friend "Victory" came to look after me, bought me food. I took my injections and was discharged. Not quite long I was bitten by an electric ant on my forehead. "Which kind wahala be this" I said in my mind. I started going for parade, SAED and also participated in drama and dance in my platoon which was a competition of all platoon. I was known as the bayelsa dancer "Smiles". I became popular in camp with that scene. My platoon soldier was amazed to see me participate. He has always called me a Lazy corper and threatened to punish me. He never new I was telling the truth that I was Ill. We later became friends. My platoon found it difficult to win certain things. They failed woefully because of lack of cooperation, everyone wants to be the boss. Even our platoon president is a snub and the assistant which was a female was manageable. We won the Music competition although after all hope was lost. It was time for Man O War, I participated in the Man O war activities, took pictures and all thanks to God, I was stronger at that time. I joined our platoon in the Kitchen when it was time for our platoon to cook. Because duties were shared, they were assigned amongst platoon. Duties like cooking, sanitation, e.tc. My platoon was the best in Kitchen. It was fun in the kitchen. We joined the cooks, wash the dishes, serve food and cleaned the kitchen. There was free food to eat but i gave mine out. I just took the morning bread for tea. I am always mindful of my tummy. "smiles".

11 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
I made new friends from the kitchen. Enkay, Toyin, Tonia, Micheal, loveth, etc. It was fun to know them. I couldn't forget one of them in a hurry. A matured woman who is a corps member. She always disturbs me in the kitchen. She calls me her baby. "Laughs". Anytime she sees me, she calls me Richie baby. Hahahahaha " Laughs". And in my mind, I would say "Old mama youngiee, I dulhe the bullet" It was obvious and my colleagues in the kitchen noticed and started calling me her husband. "Laughs" I also made new friends Anita, Mudia and Francis. Anita is a very funny girl, she is been seen everywhere in camp. She never lives the indomie shop in Mami Market. Mudia and Francis were my my hostel mates. Anytime i talk in the hostel. The boys won't stop laughing at my tiny voice. "laughs" That's by the way. As the camp was coming to and end, they told us to submit our redeployment form for those who chose to redeploy. And this should be done under some conditions like health, marriage for women, sickness and state that isn't safe. I missed this opportunity due to my previous illness. Some persons who were interested on redeployment looked for all means to do so. Some went as far of dating soldiers or dating some boys who charged phones for people at the Mami market. It came a do or die affairs. "laughs". I wasn't satisfied during this times. I was quite afraid. After the weeks of SAED Lectures, it was time to specialize on one skill which I choose photography. It was cool with the teachers, we had fun too. Fast forward to our carnival. Top dignitaries, camp officials were present. Soldiers did their marching competition, etc. I participated as an Egon dancer in my platoon. I don't know who picked this type of dull Nasarawa cultural dance. " Sighs". The platoon who danced the Igbo dance won. Towards evening, canopies were set and each platoon cooked from the money contributed by each platoon members, they arranged the tables and NYSC officials, Man O War were all in attendance. The officials tasted each of the platoon's food and awarded them. We danced with the Man O War, ate, drank, danced. I went to sleep after that. It was remaining some days to go. I went to church on the last Sunday. Before the day we were to leave camp, I arranged my bags very well and was ready to leave because we were told to do so. No one was expected to be in the hostel by 6am because they were to lock all hostels. On the day we were to leave camp, I bathed as early as possible. Took my belongings to a church and waited till the bright of the day. The day was bright and we assembled on the parade ground. I was already prepared to go to Abuja by hook or crook because I met the person in charge of redeployment in camp and he asked me which state do I want. I told him Karu Nasarawa or Abuja. Karu was a stone throw to Abuja. Some corps members were the one who told me about it. So i was happy that if Abuja does not work then Karu."Na so person take miss road' "Laughs". The NYSC officials were present, the state coordinator and the camp coordinator. Some corps members came to march and after, platoon officers started giving us our posting letter. I was shut of words after seeing mine. They posted me to State university Keffi which was inside Nasarawa. I was so disappointed. I met the man who was supposed to redeploy me to Karu Nasarawa or Abuja. He told me I had first class that's why. I refused the offer, I want to go to Abuja or just close. He asked me again, Abuja or Karu Nasarawa. I insisted he posted me anywhere among the two. And I slept in Abuja waiting for the posting. Nothing happened. I heard to take my bag and I started going home. On my way home, it changes to Karu. I was not that happy but I wished it was abuja. I never wanted to have that experience of the Sun, sickness and the Electric Ant. " Gosh

9 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
I came back home. It was closed to Christmas. I didn't report to my Ppa in Nasarawa. I had to call the Man to post me to Abuja again, but he said it was a gradual process. I had to boycott him and I followed another process. Abuja was bouncing back each time they try to put it. I guess more than one person was on my matter. It was already January and nothing was done yet. I got a call and was told to choose any other state, that Abuja was bouncing. I had no choice than to choose Lagos. That's how I found myself in Lagos..... And my Ppa was in Lekki and my local government Eti-Osa 3. I had 2 ppa. You want to know how?? don't touch that dial.....
Thanks for your time.
All gratitude to God and to those who made it a success. I love you.��
#NasarawaCorperTurnedLagosCorper
#NasarawaIsACampToBe
#NasarawaCampHasLoadsOfFun
#Signed out (16/10)
#lagosEx-corper
#lekkiEx-corper
#gratefultoGod

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by KleanGraphicHub(m): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2020
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by AltCtrlDel: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2020
Interesting read!!!

Ur write up gives me that nostalgic feeling. Nassarawa is such a nice state. Although the weather is unwelcoming all year round but the people of Nassarawa are very liberal and welcoming.

Lagos, PH and Abuja are in the league of thier own but if u chop life for Keffi or Lafia, u will forget the road to ur state.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by slawormiir: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Ogbeni op you dey owe me a parcel of weed for making me to read the whole of this long article...

Because na my own weed i burn take read this thing

And you get tiny voice?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Brandonx(m): 11:50am On Nov 12, 2020
undecided
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by KleanGraphicHub(m): 11:50am On Nov 12, 2020
Nice one

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Ayomarcel(m): 11:50am On Nov 12, 2020
That's intriguing.
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by MMXX: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2020
Summary plz

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Tekecoms1(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2020
V
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by enshi(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2020
your phone was stolen or lost?
you suspect that your spouse is cheating and you wish to get into their phones?

we are your solution, and we are just a DM away.. call in now before the criminals wipe the phone
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Ayomarcel(m): 11:52am On Nov 12, 2020
Sounds fun and stressful.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Otunski: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2020
This your story too long. .

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by napoleonbaba(m): 11:52am On Nov 12, 2020
Abyima:
I came back home. It was closed to Christmas. I didn't report to my Ppa in Nasarawa. I had to call the Man to post me to Abuja again, but he said it was a gradual process. I had to boycott him and I followed another process. Abuja was bouncing back each time they try to put it. I guess more than one person was on my matter. It was already January and nothing was done yet. I got a call and was told to choose any other state, that Abuja was bouncing. I had no choice than to choose Lagos. That's how I found myself in Lagos..... And my Ppa was in Lekki and my local government Eti-Osa 3. I had 2 ppa. You want to know how?? don't touch that dial.....
Thanks for your time.
All gratitude to God and to those who made it a success. I love you.��
#NasarawaCorperTurnedLagosCorper
#NasarawaIsACampToBe
#NasarawaCampHasLoadsOfFun
#Signed out (16/10)
#lagosEx-corper
#lekkiEx-corper
#gratefultoGod

No pictures?
I camped in Nasarawa then I relocated to Abuja
Platoon 9, C1 as well

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by XXLMANDIGO: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2020
NYSC is overrated. Been there, done that over a decade ago undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Nyanabo(m): 11:53am On Nov 12, 2020
Oin grin

Can't wait for next year batch C to roll by fast so I could experience camp first-hand. my ears don full with tales. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Akfrenzy(m): 11:53am On Nov 12, 2020
grin
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by DamnnNiggarr: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2020
grin

Too long to read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by OfficialAPCNig: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
Do you expect us to read this without breaking it up with paragraphs and shorter sentences?

Next time, don't forget to have your mobile readers in mind before cluttering your writing.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by shamsin6300(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
Lt me book space first, will comment when I finish reading this long epistle.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by atobs4real(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
Every experience counts. God will be with you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Omezif(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
In any condition you see yourselve and you are safe in that place thank God and keep thanking him because tomorrow mighty be a wonderful history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by jefff455: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
It's an honor to be a corper
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Chujor1634(m): 11:55am On Nov 12, 2020
[b][/b]Mehn, i know i won't be the only one who will not read this story. Someone please summarize it for us.[b]

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by toprealman: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2020
Good write up. Nothing extra though.....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Ecomac1: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2020
B
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Boye33: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2020
100% Clean 265Ltr Nexus Nx-265e Blue Deep Chest Freezer For sale.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by DennisEche(m): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2020
MY CAMP DT YEAR, THAT CAMP MAKE SENSE WELLA

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by fourboys: 11:57am On Nov 12, 2020
it's obvious nobody read this ur long write up..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Clocked 30 In July, Can I Still Make It To Nysc? / A thread for corpers posted to Cross river / NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.