Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) (22941 Views)

The Massive Corruption At The Government Hospital Where I Did My NYSC: Ex Corper / Ex-Corper Celebrates Her Sawyer Father For Sponsoring Her Education (Photos) / Meet Progress Oberiko, Ex Corper Brought The Lunatic Family Of 5 To Limelight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Sheriman(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
I want to serve in Borno State... And I really mean it..
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Kessythegeek(m): 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sheriman:

Goodluck. Help me greet Shekau.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kaiiii me just dey get one kind joy as I dey read this
I dey imagine the fun,stress and the crowd
I dey pray make mesef go one day grin
E get dope pass my paramilitary camping wink

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Taidi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abyima:
My Nysc Dairy
#Nasarawa/Lagos Corper
#Batch C1,2019
I have always dreamt of serving in Abuja or Lagos but i couldn't see any on the day of my NYSC registration. On the faithful day I printed my call up letter, it was Nassarawa. Oh! I was caught inbetween the devil and the deep blue sea. I had no option cause I knew Nassarawa was close to Abuja.� I journeyed down to Nasarawa through Abuja road. While I was in Abuja coming down to Nasarawa, I couldn't get hold of myself. My mind kept saying "Why not Abuja". Abuja is too beautiful. I arrived Nasarawa "Magaji Danyamusa camp" at 12:30pm.
On reaching the camp, there came some children who helped me with my bags. I was shocked to see them at first, but I had to allow them. They assisted me with my bags to the gate and I had to give them a little token to show appreciation. There were soldiers at the gate who searched people's bags to see if there are harmful objects or Illicit drugs. When it got to my turn, they searched and told me to carry my bag on the head and jump like an Otondo. Yes "Otondo".
That's the name they call new PCM who ain't sworn in yet. I jumped inside the camp with my bags on the head. I wanted to go for my clearance but the Nysc officials were gone to sleep. Then after I went to pick up mattress and searched for a good hostel room. I saw a good one " M4" male hostel which was so neat. I had to look for a good space befitting for me. I saw a good space and it was closer a fan. Who no like better thing "Laughs'" I met new friends that evening which happened to be my bunk mate "PD" and another next to me "Suleman" After that I had to buy bread and drink from the Mami market and even bucket and slippers too. The next day, I went for my registration. The crowd was something else but I had to wait patiently for my turn. I was given my NYSC kits by my platoon officer. I was in platoon 4. I had to go for early morning parade the next day, but couldn't because I was tired. I was chased by some soldiers out to the parade ground. But I told them I have done my clearance. Oh! "I lied" The Next day I was set to go. I woke up very early to join the early morning parade but the queue in bathroom was something else. "eyes rolling" The bathroom and toilets were unkept by some corps members. I only use the bathroom and go to Mami market, pay my 50 naira and poo jejely. "Smiles". That's by the way. So I joined the parade ground to wake up with Nigeria. Nigeria do wake up by 6am amd sleeps by 6pm. That is, we went to the parade ground twice everyday. That same day we sang praise and worship. The muslims went to the mosque to pray often. This is done everyday beforen 6am. Once it is 6am, everyone gets ready for the national anthem and there is a particular girl with the loud voice who always shout for everyone to be ready. She shouts " Braid shun, Stand at ease" I laughed at the sound of every sound of her voice. "Laughs" Some announcements were made by our state coordinator, camp coordinator and some NYSC officials on that day. I met some of my coursemates and schoolmates and some of my school mates were snubs. " I no send dem". I met corps members from different Universities, some schooled in UK, US. You can identify them by the level of their question. They always tell you where they school before asking question. "smiles" For example, "my name is Chichi, I am a foreign student, schooled in UK, please where is the place for clearance " "Laughs" It was time to eat because normally they feed us three times a day. I went to check on the food, it wasn't encouraging, so I stop eating their food. I gave one of my hostel mate my card to use it and eat anytime he wants. "I no wan purge" Especially their beans, they usually poor red oil and bring the beans down immediately just like that. Mami market had good food. They sell even sharwama. It's your money that will do the talking. "Smiles" That's by the way.
Op, I was posted to Nassarawa oo..going tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Edwin046(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
AltCtrlDel:
Interesting read!!!

Ur write up gives me that nostalgic feeling. Nassarawa is such a nice state. Although the weather is unwelcoming all year round but the people of Nassarawa are very liberal and welcoming.

Lagos, PH and Abuja are in the league of thier own but if u chop life for Keffi or Lafia, u will forget the road to ur state.

but that lafia is empty ooo ...they post to lafia then redeployed to Akwanga...College of Education Akwanga Jos Road

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by fayruka(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nyanabo:
Oin grin

Can't wait for next year batch C to roll by fast so I could experience camp first-hand. my ears don full with tales. grin grin
Same here oo my brother

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Edwin046(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
AltCtrlDel:
Interesting read!!!

Ur write up gives me that nostalgic feeling. Nassarawa is such a nice state. Although the weather is unwelcoming all year round but the people of Nassarawa are very liberal and welcoming.

Lagos, PH and Abuja are in the league of thier own but if u chop life for Keffi or Lafia, u will forget the road to ur state...But that lafia is empty oo..i was posted to lafia but when i got there.i had a change of mind nd i told our football team coach that i want to redeploy...finally they repost me to Akwanga...College of Education...nice place lots of igbo..feeling much like home

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by TemiGod(f): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
@abyima I thought they said laptop is not allowed? How were you able to do your typing job?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Sainttops(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
Concern that food I disagree with you. Thou the beans might not be properly cooked but their yams, rice, others are okay. I camp there also and the camp was awesome. Shey u sabi La-Krim? I was her ambassador back then 2018 Batch B. Nasarawa camp was fun.

Abyima:
My Nysc Dairy
#Nasarawa/Lagos Corper
#Batch C1,2019
I have always dreamt of serving in Abuja or Lagos but i couldn't see any on the day of my NYSC registration. On the faithful day I printed my call up letter, it was Nassarawa. Oh! I was caught inbetween the devil and the deep blue sea. I had no option cause I knew Nassarawa was close to Abuja.� I journeyed down to Nasarawa through Abuja road. While I was in Abuja coming down to Nasarawa, I couldn't get hold of myself. My mind kept saying "Why not Abuja". Abuja is too beautiful. I arrived Nasarawa "Magaji Danyamusa camp" at 12:30pm.
On reaching the camp, there came some children who helped me with my bags. I was shocked to see them at first, but I had to allow them. They assisted me with my bags to the gate and I had to give them a little token to show appreciation. There were soldiers at the gate who searched people's bags to see if there are harmful objects or Illicit drugs. When it got to my turn, they searched and told me to carry my bag on the head and jump like an Otondo. Yes "Otondo".
That's the name they call new PCM who ain't sworn in yet. I jumped inside the camp with my bags on the head. I wanted to go for my clearance but the Nysc officials were gone to sleep. Then after I went to pick up mattress and searched for a good hostel room. I saw a good one " M4" male hostel which was so neat. I had to look for a good space befitting for me. I saw a good space and it was closer a fan. Who no like better thing "Laughs'" I met new friends that evening which happened to be my bunk mate "PD" and another next to me "Suleman" After that I had to buy bread and drink from the Mami market and even bucket and slippers too. The next day, I went for my registration. The crowd was something else but I had to wait patiently for my turn. I was given my NYSC kits by my platoon officer. I was in platoon 4. I had to go for early morning parade the next day, but couldn't because I was tired. I was chased by some soldiers out to the parade ground. But I told them I have done my clearance. Oh! "I lied" The Next day I was set to go. I woke up very early to join the early morning parade but the queue in bathroom was something else. "eyes rolling" The bathroom and toilets were unkept by some corps members. I only use the bathroom and go to Mami market, pay my 50 naira and poo jejely. "Smiles". That's by the way. So I joined the parade ground to wake up with Nigeria. Nigeria do wake up by 6am amd sleeps by 6pm. That is, we went to the parade ground twice everyday. That same day we sang praise and worship. The muslims went to the mosque to pray often. This is done everyday beforen 6am. Once it is 6am, everyone gets ready for the national anthem and there is a particular girl with the loud voice who always shout for everyone to be ready. She shouts " Braid shun, Stand at ease" I laughed at the sound of every sound of her voice. "Laughs" Some announcements were made by our state coordinator, camp coordinator and some NYSC officials on that day. I met some of my coursemates and schoolmates and some of my school mates were snubs. " I no send dem". I met corps members from different Universities, some schooled in UK, US. You can identify them by the level of their question. They always tell you where they school before asking question. "smiles" For example, "my name is Chichi, I am a foreign student, schooled in UK, please where is the place for clearance " "Laughs" It was time to eat because normally they feed us three times a day. I went to check on the food, it wasn't encouraging, so I stop eating their food. I gave one of my hostel mate my card to use it and eat anytime he wants. "I no wan purge" Especially their beans, they usually poor red oil and bring the beans down immediately just like that. Mami market had good food. They sell even sharwama. It's your money that will do the talking. "Smiles" That's by the way.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Missmossy(f): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
You missed a lot cheesy Nasarawa is fun especially Lafia the state capital where I served. I can’t help but reminisce places like Lavista,Tahiti and co. I rep A17 cool

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Jackossky(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
Don't know why some are complaining but op certainly writes well.
Girl with the tiny voice, first class no be who collect extra sheet, and oh, she's rich.

That's the little I could comprehend from what she wrote, read all and it was interesting

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by enshi(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
LordofNaija:

How much to recover lost phone
Contact us pls
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by code77(m): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
DEEBOZZ:

Honesty Nasarawa state is so underated !

Most of us who have been there wish we can visit again some days.

Lafia, Nasarawa Eggon and Akwanga gals are dope grin cheesy

Hmmm! if na all dis mgbeke's (very ugly, timid girls) wey full Lafia,Nasarawa Eggon & Akwanga na Dem U call dope, na im be say � Devil Rob u potty for face. Apart 4rm Poly & College babes wey dey Lafia, d rest na write off.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by docyomex(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abyima:
I came back home. It was closed to Christmas. I didn't report to my Ppa in Nasarawa. I had to call the Man to post me to Abuja again, but he said it was a gradual process. I had to boycott him and I followed another process. Abuja was bouncing back each time they try to put it. I guess more than one person was on my matter. It was already January and nothing was done yet. I got a call and was told to choose any other state, that Abuja was bouncing. I had no choice than to choose Lagos. That's how I found myself in Lagos..... And my Ppa was in Lekki and my local government Eti-Osa 3. I had 2 ppa. You want to know how?? don't touch that dial.....
Thanks for your time.
All gratitude to God and to those who made it a success. I love you.��
#NasarawaCorperTurnedLagosCorper
#NasarawaIsACampToBe
#NasarawaCampHasLoadsOfFun
#Signed out (16/10)
#lagosEx-corper
#lekkiEx-corper
#gratefultoGod
In summary:
you're from south South.
You graduated with a first class
You're 'omo butty"
You like soft spots
And you didn't enjoy your stay in nassarawa

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
rowland545:
I could not contain the joy in my heart while reading this beautiful piece... I was also a corp member in dat same camp...very beautiful camp by d way...

Mine was batch b steam 2 that passed out this year...

I can relate to everything u wrote bcus it happened to me from my first day to the last day...

I really miss miss Nysc..

I had d best experience in nasarwa from d camp to my CDs group...Reproductive health...nasarawa is d best... I also miss my colleagues
I also served in Nasarawa. Ministry of special Education, science and technology. Lafia. Batch B, 2016/2017.
After my service year I did everything possible to get a job in Lafia no matter how small so I can reside there but all effort proved abortive. I still wish to visit that state again

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abcruz(m): 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
fourboys:
it's obvious nobody read this ur long write up..

I did and it was an interesting read.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by DEBJOCH1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
TOMORROW NOW YOUR TYPE WILL BRIBE YOUR SELF INTO ANY POSITION AND CONE TO CHURCH TO GIVE FAKE TESTIMONY THAT GOD DID IT FOR YOU. RUBBISH POST
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Oyetechs(m): 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abyima:
I came back home. It was closed to Christmas. I didn't report to my Ppa in Nasarawa. I had to call the Man to post me to Abuja again, but he said it was a gradual process. I had to boycott him and I followed another process. Abuja was bouncing back each time they try to put it. I guess more than one person was on my matter. It was already January and nothing was done yet. I got a call and was told to choose any other state, that Abuja was bouncing. I had no choice than to choose Lagos. That's how I found myself in Lagos..... And my Ppa was in Lekki and my local government Eti-Osa 3. I had 2 ppa. You want to know how?? don't touch that dial.....
Thanks for your time.
All gratitude to God and to those who made it a success. I love you.��
#NasarawaCorperTurnedLagosCorper
#NasarawaIsACampToBe
#NasarawaCampHasLoadsOfFun
#Signed out (16/10)
#lagosEx-corper
#lekkiEx-corper
#gratefultoGod
I also served at nasarawa state 19B. It was fun all through, mogaji Dan yamusa!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by DEEBOZZ(m): 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kessythegeek:
grin grin I also did my camp at Magaji Danyanmusa, Keffi lol I had quite a thrilling experience although I later ended up not serving there. I was posted to Lafia North — From hearsays I heard... It will take you three additional hours to get there from Keffi, Nasarawa �

I couldn't do all that, I had to relocate back to Edo.

But Nasarawa was quite fun— I met awesome people.
Lafia North is dope !
That's my Area

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by fowlyansh181(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
As someone who was posted and served in Karu nasarawa, the O.P was really wildin when he kept on shouting Abuja .. Karu is literally just 100 naira bus to Abuja .. I was posted in Karu but I was living in asokoro Abuja then, I just go for my CDs on CDS days .. so don’t give up and insist on Abuja if you are posted to Karu, you go even dodge work wella plus you can literally live in Abuja and serve in Karu..

I really enjoyed my stay in that town, I was really scared of nysc but if given the chance I’ll do it all over in Karu again..

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by fowlyansh181(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
Taidi:

Op, I was posted to Nassarawa oo..going tomorrow.
unless you are planning to redeploy, while in camp work really hard to be posted to Karu, it’s literally 50 to 100 naira transport to Abuja , and it’s such a lovely experience... house prices there ranges from , self con 70k up , 1 bedroom flat 200 to 250k , ... water and light ...

When searching for house search around ADO, or new Karu , assuming you finally choose Karu though .. very lovely experience.. no too fear for camp , just 3 weeks and it’s over .. your main priority in camp in working towards being posted to Karu ..

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by illicit(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
Oluwadare:
Let me use this opportunity to say thank you to Osun State NYSC management board. The management of that camp changed my perception for NYSC to something I'd cherish for life. From the first day I entered into that state till the day I finally passed out, I've no regrets whatsoever. Thank you.

Same here....

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by niceguy555: 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nice one poster. I can relate. I was also in Batch c 2019

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by prinxwizard(m): 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
fourboys:
it's obvious nobody read this ur long write up..
I searched for more....

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by prinxwizard(m): 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sheriman:
Same here... But it seems they've stopped posting corp members to Borno.
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Sheriman(m): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2020
Kessythegeek:

Goodluck. Help me greet Shekau.
There is nothing to worry about.. I have no fear
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2020
Oyetechs:

I also served at nasarawa state 19B. It was fun all through, mogaji Dan yamusa!!
Wow! Good to hear. All my predecessors are saying same. No camp bits the fun. Nasarawa to me is the best.
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2020
AltCtrlDel:
Interesting read!!!

Lagos, PH and Abuja are in the league of thier own but if u chop life for Keffi or Lafia, u will forget the road to ur state.

Thanks. I am telling you. True. The Sun fit roast Suya. But the fun there is great. And food is very cheap. I ate fry yam, plantain and fish for #200 and couldn't finish it.
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 9:51am On Nov 13, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Ogbeni op you dey owe me a parcel of weed for making me to read the whole of this long article...

Because na my own weed i burn take read this thing

And you get tiny voice?
Lol grin Sorry for the stress. I go give you one trailer of weed, no worry. I get tiny voice ooo. ;DThanks for reading anyways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2020
MMXX:
Summary plz
grin grin
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Ayomarcel:
Sounds fun and stressful.
True cool
Re: My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) by Abyima(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2020
Otunski:
This your story too long. .
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / A thread for corpers posted to Cross river / NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.