Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,570 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Tales Of Dọtun (dotman) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Dọtun (dotman) (325 Views)

Tales Of Dọtun (dotman) / Tales Of Abigail / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Dọtun (dotman) by Layze(m): 3:44am On Nov 12, 2020
Hello Nairalanders!

I will be updating the stories I'm currently working on here.

I must confess that I'm not yet a seasoned writer; but I always give my best.

I hope you all enjoy reading them! kiss

JOB HUNT

“Hello can I have your attention please? All applicants can come in now; its time already. Please to avoid embarrassment; if you don’t have the required documents don’t bother to come inside.”
I’ve literally been shivering ever since I arrived; however this latest announcement was the ultimate icing cold – it sent a cold shiver down my spine.

I stood up slowly and walked sluggishly towards the gate “eh take it easy can’t you – “ “Mr. man you just pushed – “ “sorry”. Everyone around me was in frenzy; there was no order at all; everyone is rushing towards the gate at the same time.
I was being pushed around over and over again but I didn’t bother to join the rush; I moved slowly towards the gate.

By the time I finally pushed through the gate, my heart sank: I saw no less than 40 people seated under a canopy at one edge of the compound; some people were even standing. At that instance, I felt a strong urge to turn back and go back to my house; I wanted to just leave. But I found myself walking towards the canopy.

Everyone was seated on a plastic chair. I took the last seat at the back (obviously nobody wanted to sit there) and looked at the sea of heads ahead of me; “no hope for you here Dotman” I thought to myself.
Re: Tales Of Dọtun (dotman) by Layze(m): 3:47am On Nov 12, 2020
SUNDAY - Previous Day

Griiiillll Griillllll…. “Hello Dotman, how far?” “Hello who is this?” “Dotman are you alright? It’s Obi; don’t you recognize my voice?” “Oh Obi I’m sorry, but this isn’t your number you’re using to call me” “yes, I just got a new line. Have you checked your mail this morning?” “No, what happened?”

That Sunday I was on my bed around 2pm watching movies on my old laptop when my friend Obi suddenly called me and started asking questions.
I wasn’t in the mood to talk and was hoping he end the call soon when he said “you haven’t checked your mail? Look at someone looking for job!” he exclaimed.

Before I could say anything he continued “check your mail now, that company I’m helping you to process is doing interview tomorrow and they must have sent you a mail. Get dressed tomorrow and leave early; I wish you the best. I will call you later” with this Obi ended the call. I sighed and returned to the movie I was watching.

My hunt for job began a year ago; immediately I graduated from school. I’ve always heard that the labour market is tough but I wasn’t expecting it to be this tough. I submitted applications to hundreds of firms, both private and public; I was called to several interviews and tests. But it all yielded nothing.
I even attended several free seminars and conventions in the hope of getting a job opportunity.

After eight months of hunting, all my good clothes and shoes have become worn out; I had almost nothing left with me. Then I was left with no choice but to go into a job I’ve always disliked: teaching. I searched and applied to different private schools around my area. I finally got a job in one school where I’m being paid twenty five thousand naira monthly.

I continued my job hunt even after getting this job – I still submitted so many applications online. However it’s been over six months now since I started teaching and it’s not looking likely that I will see a better job soon. So I’ve started giving up.
We are currently on break in the school I work so I spend most of my time indoor. Obi who had been gainfully employed three months after our graduation has been working tirelessly in helping me to find a job.

(1) (Reply)

Creative/technical Writers Needed / Writers Needed / Links To Watch The Investiture Ceremony Of Mrs. Bukola Ladoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.