Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All (11869 Views)

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Looks Dapper In New Pictures / Gombe State Honours Okezie Ikpeazu, Names Road After Him / Atiku Abubakar Visits Okezie Ikpeazu In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Lanrelagboi: 5:06am On Nov 12, 2020
Governor @jidesanwoolu Receives @GovernorIkpeazu Over Arson

… Igbo Leaders, S’South Indigenes In Lagos Stand By Governor

#HealingLagos
#RebuildingLagos
#ForAGreaterLagos

Abia State State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, has said criminals who carried out the last month coordinated attacks on public assets and private businesses in Lagos State orchestrated the violence to hurt the whole country.

The Governor condemned the arson, stressing that Lagos remains a home for all Nigerians irrespective of tribe, language or religion.

Ikpeazu spoke on Wednesday during his visit to Lagos to commiserate with Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu over the attacks.

The Abia Governor particularly thanked his Lagos State counterpart for protecting the businesses and properties owned by Igbo during the violence.

Ikpeazu said: “I am here to commiserate and show my concern to my brother, Governor of Lagos, over the event that happened some two weeks ago. I’m particularly touched by the level of destruction, which will hurt all Nigerians living in Lagos. This is because Lagos is home to all; as commercial city, it is a place where everyone speaks the same language.

“I want to particularly thank Gov. Sanwo-Olu for giving protection to our brothers from the Southeast during the crisis. This is an indication that our people and their businesses are safe in Lagos. We will continue to live as a united country".With all of us working together, we can keep flourishing.”

Gov. Ikeazu urged Igbo living in Lagos to continue to abide by the laws of the State and eschew actions that may cause mistrust between them and members of their host communities.

He said the political leaders had drawn a number of lessons from the recent youth protests against police brutality, saying Governors were now inclined to drive up inclusion in their policies and programmes.

Sanwo-Olu thanked the Abia Governor for taking the pain to travel down to Lagos from the Southeast to identify with the residents over the violence. He promised that Lagos State Government would continue to support business aspirations of the Igbo and protect their rights to live in Lagos.

Also, indigenes of Southeast and South-south living in Lagos paid solidarity visit to Gov. Sanwo-Olu at the Lagos House, Alausa.The Igbo leaders, who were led by the Governor’s Special Adviser on Drainage and Water Resources, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, restated their commitment to the growth of Lagos, while aligning with the move to rebuild the destroyed assets.

Igbokwe said a true Igbo son could not have been part of the those who set fire on the public assets, stressing that Igbo people are known as builders.

He said: “The attacks are unimaginable in terms of cost and worth. There is nothing that can make a true son of Igbo to participate in destruction of the land where our businesses have been most successful.

“There is an adage that says you cannot go and pass faeces where they put your food. We pledge our loyalty and stand by the Government and the people of Lagos.

”Leader of the South-south indigenes in Lagos, Otunba Isaac Emiyade, said he had lived in the State since 1977 and had never witnessed public protests in which public assets were destroyed at such level.

Emiyade praised Sanwo-Olu for promoting cohesion among all ethnic nationalities cohabiting in Lagos, pledging that people of South-south residing in the State would continue to support move to strengthen peace and progress of Lagos.

Responding, Sanwo-Olu said diversity remained the State’s strongest point, pointing out that the spirit of Lagos to host visitors and be a melting pot for all ethnic group had not been dampened, despite violence visited on the State.

“One of our strongest point is our diversity. We must not allow what happened to demoralise our spirit to undertake the responsibilities which the State has taken up. Lagos will continue to give everybody living here equal opportunity,” Sanwo-Olu said.
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1326594003534536706?s=19

5 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by tyup(m): 5:10am On Nov 12, 2020
This man can never recover his misplaced priorities. Never

if I were to be Sanwo olu I'd reject him stepping foot at the state boarders let alone coming close to the state house lest I forget every state development plans/ ideas I have sad

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Bluntguy: 5:27am On Nov 12, 2020
Incompetence in Abia, an injury to all too.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by dadebayo1(m): 5:35am On Nov 12, 2020
grin Let me just keep quiet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by mainkendo: 5:38am On Nov 12, 2020
grin
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by ecolime(m): 5:38am On Nov 12, 2020
Let me say this again

If you partook in the looting and destruction of private properties/businesses. May your life never end well. All that you laboured for in your morning and afternoon will go up in flames when it's time for you to enjoy the night.

AMEN!!!

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Hotzone(m): 5:38am On Nov 12, 2020
Gov Ikpeazu, explain your analysis

Yes but I did mine without the cctv footage and with the ongoing panel, I can say that my analysis was accurate
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by dalass(f): 5:38am On Nov 12, 2020
Destruction of properties is a no, no. undecided

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by mrkings84(m): 5:39am On Nov 12, 2020
No. We Yurubas don't accept this comment. Attack in Logos is not an injury to all but to the Yurubas, as Lagos is not a No Man's Land

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by kadesh1: 5:39am On Nov 12, 2020
This people are always thinking about them selves.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by jeffizy(m): 5:39am On Nov 12, 2020
Encouragement is necessary for the Lagos state government.
It took a heavy hit in the #endsars protest that went south.
But creating the impression that a certain group was targeted is myopic.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 5:39am On Nov 12, 2020
Abians may God help you people survive till 2023. What a slap on ndi Abia.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Oizee(f): 5:39am On Nov 12, 2020
Bluntguy:
Incompetence in Abia, an injury to all too.
lol
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by dynicks(m): 5:40am On Nov 12, 2020
It's like this one's mouth is just doing him anyhow to talk.....

And the incompetent/heart wretching level of governance in ABA is what sir?

8 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Copywriyter: 5:40am On Nov 12, 2020
Do you have a YouTube Channel and you are fustrated because you could not get subscribers and watch hours to monetize the channel ? ? ?
We are Team of Professional Digital Marketer who can help your channel get Real and Legit Thousands of subscribers and watch hour regardless of the numbers of subscribers you want within a short period of time.

Also, if you want a manager who can help you manage your YouTube channel to grow, we can help in managing and making quality videos for the channel.

Furthermore, if you want to learn professional Video editing to make your YouTube video regardless of your YouTube channel Niche.

PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR SEND MESSAGE IF YOU ARE NOT READY

Kindly Contact us by Call or send WhatsApp message to
08 1 8 9 7 2 8 3 48

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by fergie001: 5:41am On Nov 12, 2020
Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by ceeceeco: 5:41am On Nov 12, 2020
I don't know why I have so much hatred for this man. Such a gullible & incompetent fool, very ugly slowpoke. Till today, Iam still surprised how this monkey became a governor. May God have mercy on Abians for mistakenly having such a useless thing as a governor. This man is so irritating, Lord have mercy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 12, 2020
Kersene governor

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Oizee(f): 5:42am On Nov 12, 2020
mrkings84:
No we Yurubas don't accept this comment. Attack in Logos is not against all but the Yurubas as Lagos is not a No Man's Land
arewa in disguise

26 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Hotzone(m): 5:42am On Nov 12, 2020
ceeceeco:
I don't know why I have so much hatred for this man. Such a gullible & incompetent fool, very ugly slowpoke. Till today, Iam still surprised how this monkey became a governor. May God have mercy on Abians for mistakenly having such a useless thing as a governor. This man is so irritating, Lord have mercy.

Heal and stop hating

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by chily11: 5:42am On Nov 12, 2020
Mr. Governor your state is decaying and you're talking about another state far west.

Attacks in Lagos is an injury to all, kolo master.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by tamdun: 5:43am On Nov 12, 2020
grin
Tell them Mr kerosene

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by ceeceeco: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2020
Imagine an idiot when writing his name he will put PhD, very local man, maybe because he's a PhD holder we won't hear word again. Imagine; Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Phd. Very stupid man.

14 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by chily11: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2020
This dude is the most under performing south eastern governor currently... Has zero awareness with the poor facilities and zero care for the people.

Why don't he stop using the state fund to service his ever growing stomach and pay the state civil servants.

What a useless bunch of ungrateful people Nigerian's have as leaders.

5 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by SenseBoy(m): 5:46am On Nov 12, 2020
Let me correct you sir attack on peaceful protesters is an injury to all Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by olancho: 5:48am On Nov 12, 2020
Well done my governor. You are trying your best to fix Abia state though people will not notice it because of deplorable state you met it, assuming your predecessors warming benches in the senate tried a bit of what you have done atleast, people would have appreciated your work. It will never be well with the 2 Orjis.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by ipobarecriminals: 5:49am On Nov 12, 2020
cool tell dem iPOB yweets

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by ipobarecriminals: 5:50am On Nov 12, 2020
wink The arsonists are already CURSED

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu: Attacks In Lagos Is An Injury To All by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 12, 2020
Well said

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obong Akanimo Udofia Wins APC Guber Primaries In Akwa Ibom / N5.5bn SUVs: If Democracy Is Expensive, Try Dictatorship - Adedayo Adeyeye / See The Individuals To Be Honoured At 10 Anniversary Of Eminent Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.