Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! (9616 Views)

Umuahia Is The Most Backward State Capital In Nigeria: Picture / Is This Well Located In Nigeria? (Photo) / Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by yarimo(m): 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
Petyr1:
have you been to bosso before?
you will delete this comment when you reach there
which part of bosso ? bosso low cost and estate, bosso mypa road, bosso new York bosso unguwar biri or main bosso before fut ?
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Kyase(m): 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:

Besides Kano and Kaduna, no state in the North can claim to be better than Abia state.
WTF
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Kyase(m): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igbochief001:

Seeking out opportunity ... opportunity can be because of backwardness of people or their laziness ...it doesn't mean that place is better than home
You need jesus in your life bro
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by fergie001: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2020

Abia sef
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kyase:

You need jesus in your life bro
U need education
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by PreyingMantis(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
GodWrites:
Never in my life did I imagine that I'll be doing this, I mean, writing about the small dark in Nigeria - Abia State.

This small state, located in the south eastern region of Nigeria is allocated more than 70 billion naira annual, yet still lack back amenities such as electricity, pipe water, i better not talk about the road.

The last time I traveled to Abia, it was during the last Christmas holiday. I needed to visit my siblings, as they were the only relations I have. Also, I wanted to explore.

I enjoyed my trip, but I wouldn't forget how abia state greeted me. When I entered the capital state of Abia State, I was greeted with utter darkness.

The disfigured tower that seems to have seen better days, had something best described as a damaged but flicking light that exposes 'welcome to abia state' sent chills down my spine.

For a moment, it was as if I've entered an alternate dimension, cause even the atmosphere felt strange.

This is the chill you get, when power is being circulated around by corrupt past and present governor.

Okezie Ikpeazu said he was in Bondage, and that was the reason he didn't perform in his first tenure. He has been reelected, but what has he done?

There is no industry, factory, or big business that can employ the youths over there. The only viable job for the youths is timber. If you're lucky to be a sales girl or boy, you wouldn't earn more than #10,000 a month.

Instead of developing abia state, they are looting the allocations, no proper accountability or transparency.

Orji Uzo Kalu who was convicted of looting billions of naira, and even sentenced to serve in years. But look at him, out in months and the populace doesn't know why or want to know.

This state needs saving. It's killing dreams. I couldn't survive two weeks in Umuahia, the capital of Abia state.

I need electricity to work, and they lack it. It's affecting small scale businesses. I made some research and discovered that the expenses on fuel alone runs in millions to keep a standard fast food restaurant running.

This is total bullshit! Who are you trying to impress? Okezie Ikpeazu might not have done well as a governor but he's definitely not the worst. He's better than many of his colleagues in the North and the South-West. The fact you hear about his incompetence is because we call him out. What about those that refuse to call out their governor's? Does it mean they're doing well?

Electricity generation belongs to the FG. Must you come here and display your ignorance for the whole world to see? Most of the bad roads in Abia State are Federal roads. Blame the Nigerian government that seeks to perpetually strangulate the South-East.

Please when next you intend to write nonsense, get your facts right. By the way, what part of Abia are you from? Let's begin from there

1 Like

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by WoeBetide666: 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
He's waiting for lefelendum

1 Like

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by WoeBetide666: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
nzeobi:
The challenge Abia is having is similar to challenges most States are having.
Bad roads which are mostly federal roads, poor electricity which is not controlled by the state government though there is geometrics in ugwunagbo.

How about the water part? Whose fault is that?
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by LikeAking: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
The major problem of Nigeria are the citizwns.

Our standards are very low and we lack innovation/ideas.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by amakadlite(f): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
If you excuse ikpeazu from federal roads in ABA, what about the state roads? what about the streets? is arriara market, obeohia, falks road and so many dirty streets the responsibility of federal government? we know the federal government is always screwd against the east, but what are the responsibilities of those legistlootors? what are the representatives doing at the house and senate that they can't push for federal government approval for the roads constructions in their constituencies? they should all cover their heads in shame if at all they have any
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by capatainrambo: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2020
Coronabirus:
You're seriously suffering from jealousy. The govt infrastructure in all those states u mentioned can't be matched in all ur zone. Unfortunately, u mentioned states that there infrastructure reach every nooks and crannies of their state's. Go and see those states roads, schools, water projects, and other uncommon projects which I can only dream on heaven but not with ur leaders on earth. This prove that I really need to know more abt north from near not from media propaganda.
zombie try travel small. Those states re a huge pile of shit, with buildings in just one section

1 Like

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by GodWrites: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
PreyingMantis:
This is total bullshit! Who are you trying to impress? Okezie Ikpeazu might not have done well as a governor but he's definitely not the worst. He's better than many of his colleagues in the North and the South-West. The fact you hear about his incompetence is because we call him out. What about those that refuse to call out their governor's? Does it mean they're doing well?

Electricity generation belongs to the FG. Must you come here and display your ignorance for the whole world to see? Most of the bad roads in Abia State are Federal roads. Blame the Nigerian government that seeks to perpetually strangulate the South-East.

Please when next you intend to write nonsense, get your facts right. By the way, what part of Abia are you from? Let's begin from there

I don't converse with hostile touts. Look for another NLder.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by PreyingMantis(m): 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
GodWrites:
I don't converse with hostile touts. Look for another NLder.
You're a confirmed Okoko! What part of Abia are you from? Shameless impostor

1 Like

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Ahmed0336(m): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
capatainrambo:
zombie try travel small. Those states re a huge pile of shit, with buildings in just one section

you have no idea of what you are saying...

comparing abia with gombe, kastina and nasarawa? guy have you been to these states?

if you have let's discuss.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by EagleNest(m): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
Only very few of them are indeed fairly okay. More than 25 of the rest are just waste of time, money and space. Even if they govern for 16years, they'll remain who they are, visionless and irredeemable.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
capatainrambo:
nasarawa, gombe, jingawa, katsina,

I can't vouch for nassarawa but you clearly haven't been to Gombe, Jigawa or katsina...regardless of what you claim
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
GodWrites:
Never in my life did I imagine that I'll be doing this, I mean, writing about the small dark in Nigeria - Abia State.

This small state, located in the south eastern region of Nigeria is allocated more than 70 billion naira annual, yet still lack back amenities such as electricity, pipe water, i better not talk about the road.

The last time I traveled to Abia, it was during the last Christmas holiday. I needed to visit my siblings, as they were the only relations I have. Also, I wanted to explore.

I enjoyed my trip, but I wouldn't forget how abia state greeted me. When I entered the capital state of Abia State, I was greeted with utter darkness.

The disfigured tower that seems to have seen better days, had something best described as a damaged but flicking light that exposes 'welcome to abia state' sent chills down my spine.

For a moment, it was as if I've entered an alternate dimension, cause even the atmosphere felt strange.

This is the chill you get, when power is being circulated around by corrupt past and present governor.

Okezie Ikpeazu said he was in Bondage, and that was the reason he didn't perform in his first tenure. He has been reelected, but what has he done?

There is no industry, factory, or big business that can employ the youths over there. The only viable job for the youths is timber. If you're lucky to be a sales girl or boy, you wouldn't earn more than #10,000 a month.

Instead of developing abia state, they are looting the allocations, no proper accountability or transparency.

Orji Uzo Kalu who was convicted of looting billions of naira, and even sentenced to serve in years. But look at him, out in months and the populace doesn't know why or want to know.

This state needs saving. It's killing dreams. I couldn't survive two weeks in Umuahia, the capital of Abia state.

I need electricity to work, and they lack it. It's affecting small scale businesses. I made some research and discovered that the expenses on fuel alone runs in millions to keep a standard fast food restaurant running.

Nna get lost and go find a trade. They are kidnapping, killing your emirs in zanfara as we speak and impregnating their wives. That should be your immediate focus.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by ABCthingx: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:

What you saying about Abia state is what obtains in more than 80% of the states in Nigeria. There are some states you will go to in the North, you will wonder if there is any government at all.

Ikpeazu isnt a performing Governor, but he is by far not the worst.
I know one certain state in the North.
Years will go by without hearing the governor's name on the lips of anybody.

You will only see flyers during election. sad
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by ABCthingx: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
yarimo:
niger state
Guy, you sabi am well! √√√
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by chubinwa(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abia leaders needs overhauling. none of them ever performed well. development in abia state is subject to private individuals. Okezie is a monumental curse

1 Like

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by ABCthingx: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2020
Petyr1:
have you been to bosso before?
you will delete this comment when you reach there
Shattap! I once lived there and there is nothing special about it.

Even bosso estate the jungle where professors live has no basic amenities to boast of.

Light zero
Water zero
Snakes they try small here
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by ABCthingx: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
LikeAking:
The major problem of Nigeria are the citizwns.

Our standards are very low and we lack innovation/ideas.
I have the bolded. Gimme money!
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Cetacean419: 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
The East government have all messed up in terms of road and infrastructure.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by jumper524(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
yarimo:
niger state
nigga ur high on akamu.

niger state has massive landmass hence itll take morevtobdevelooe but aside that, its by far better than abia state

1 Like

Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by jumper524(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
yarimo:
niger state
nigga ur high on akamu.

niger state has massive landmass hence itll take more to develooe but aside that, its by far better than abia state
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Bimpe29: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Unarguably, he is one of 5 most backward Governors in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by GallantDuke(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kyase:
Name one state in the north that is worst than abia?
Kebbi, Taraba, Yobe just to mention a few
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by spirul77: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kyase:

Name one state in the north that is worst than abia?
apart from Kano and Kaduna, no other state in the north can be compared to Abia.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by spirul77: 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ayaaz:

I can't vouch for nassarawa but you clearly haven't been to Gombe, Jigawa or katsina...regardless of what you claim
abia is obviously bad, same thing as every single state in Nigeria including Abuja.
Having been in Abia and moat part of the north I would say, only Kano and Kaduna can ce compared to Abia in any indices, Abia is far better than any northern state you can think of.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by Macrofrancis(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abia State needs a total transformation, but first, we need to be freed from the PDPs.
Re: Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! by spirul77: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
candygist:

Brother man if you don't travel, don't say what you don't know. Northern states have infrastructure and steady power supply, places like jos, Kano, kaduna, Nasarawa and even Yobe have good roads and steady power supply. Abia state as none of this. What you can say about the north is that the people from the north are not exposed and enlighten.
Abia state is nothing to write home about. Don't defend evil.
what do you mean by infrastructure? Only Kano can be mentioned in the same sentence with infrastructure, I am typing from Keffi now in nasarawa state and what did you say about the steady light? Try travel abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nepa On Strike! / BBC Mocks Buhari:''why Travel Abroad For Treatment"(photo) / Kachikwu Is NOT Under Investigation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.