Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (47119 Views)

Video Of Jerry Rawlings On Hospital Bed Before His Death / Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him / Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Medics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
This is fcking unexpected, I really loved this guy's balls. RIP man, if there's an other side, I hope you're enjoying it. cool cool
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Kaygyap: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
OgaTheTop2:
The story no complete. I would like to know how he escaped the death sentence..

He was court marshaled for a treasonable offense(attempted coup). Death sentence was imminent but whiles in custody, other junior officers broke jail and took him out and quickly joined the revolution that same day...there was chaos in Accra on that June 4th, more like an action movie.. An armed fighter jet was prepared for him and he flew out to sea, fired some shots into an abandoned vessel to test and flew to Ghana’s broadcasting office then, with intention of firing from above any resistance against the revolution. Thankfully the resistance wasn’t too strong so he aborted that mission. A few days later his junta rounded-up alleged corrupt leaders and some top military officers and executed them, no trial though. He handed over to an elected government but after one year he came back. He ushered Ghana into democracy in 1992, stood and won two elections and handed over in January 2001.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Nchenches: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ecstasy154:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-jerry-rawlings-ex-ghanaian-president-dies-from-covid-19/amp

An Iroko tree has fallen in Africa. Rawlings is irreplaceable. RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Nchenches: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Late Gedion Okar would have been Nigeria’s JJ Rawlings.

Okar failed because Nigeria is not blessed by God.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by damiloladuke: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
chaiiiii RIP sir
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by seproperties(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
SMI2020:
sheby him sef na human...
. No Na Spirit from the Space .... Mtchewww
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Kobicove(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
R.I.P to a great African!
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by gwama2: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
Thomas Sankara's faithful comrade. cool cool cool
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by UDUJ(m): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
RIP to him. Isn't he the one who gathered looters and sprayed them all?

Yes he was. He got all the corrupt leaders of the past and killed them. Something badly needed in Nigeria right now. We just need a radical leader like Rawlings to make it happen.

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
boyjo:
Liars!

Which Covid 19??

So tell us what killed him, genius

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Asifiwe:
A True Hero. The man who brought Ghana out of the grip of destroyer through a revolution, A man who was quoted to have said, NGERIAN LOVES THEIR OPPRESORS.
he came, he saw, he served. You will never be forgotten when history is written
Adieu General Rawlings. Rest in Power

Correction: he never gave himself a rank more than flight lieutenant, unlike our own coupists

2 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Forget any other thing you have said so far.

I call this the biggest casualty of the Covid 19 pandemic and 2020 as a whole.

This year just got crazier.

I've got nothing but loads of respect for that man.

Rest on legend.

P.S: Sankara's long gone. And now, Rawlings goes on to join him. The only two guys that I admire so much(politically-speaking) in Africa.

I didn't see this coming actually. Honestly. It's a rude shock.

Buhari is gone too. How come you no mention am
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Elomud: 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
Please you people should come to my aid...I have been battling fibroid and endometriosis.its draining me,the pain I am going through is too much...I need about 600.000(six hundred thousand) for surgery, I don't know where else to go for help.. please people of nairaland help your sister..nothing is too small.. acct number_2379087901 elo.b.o zenith Bank. May God bless you all.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by boyjo: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
PoliteActivist:

So tell us what killed him, genius

Awww...thanks.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
Notatribalist:
Verify news before pushing it to front page..I am in Ghana and I have not even heard the news here.

Just because u r a mendicant in Ghana doesn't mean you know what's going on in Ghana. BBC, VOA, CNN are all lying, genius

2 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by RedScorpion(f): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
And he just buried his mother last month oo

Na wa for this 2020

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Charly68: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ghanaians will remember you for taking them out of the woods
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Notatribalist(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Just because u r a mendicant in Ghana doesn't mean you know what's going on in Ghana. BBC, VOA, CNN are all lying, genius
Yeah I just confirmed it.It's such a shame that here in Ghana many TV station are not even talking about it.Death is a Normal thing in Ghana shall, they don't really care.

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ecstasy154:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-jerry-rawlings-ex-ghanaian-president-dies-from-covid-19/amp

No nonsense man. One of the few African military men that you would want to be carrying out coup over and over again. Another one is Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso.

If only somebody like Abacha could just be a people's person who has human feelings, he could have cleaned up Nigeria too with his no nonsense, kill anybody 'kill able" attitude.

On a different note, why do people keep writing RIP for a dead person? you even see some saying RIP sir grin
Your condolence should be directed towards the family the dead left behind, the man or woman is gone and can't hear you. condolence messages are meant for those of us still here (at least for now) reading the messages, not for the dead.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
jrtorrents:
He died of heart condition not COVID!

https://www.ghanaweb.com/sil/r.php?thread=27929345
When will you conspiracy nuts let it rest?
Genius, so these reputable news outlets are all lying

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PeacenLove2: 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
May his soul rest in peace. He was indeed a rare gem, one of the very best. Rest on, dear soul. Rest on.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by IJOBA2: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
Moferere:
Friends, please let's stay safe, this nonsense pandemic scamdemic is still very much around.
May we never be unfortunate.

R.I.P to the dead.
ALL THANKS TO DR FAUXY, WUHAN LABORATORY SCIENTISTS AND THE BIG GUY JOE. NOTHING IS HIDDEN UNDER THE SUN.

2 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by egobetatoday: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
oh God! Just when we were about to have our own revolution here in Nigeria? I'm sure you would have loved to see a revolution in Nigeria. Rest in Peace dear Jerry Rawlings.

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by frog12: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
my GOD. hope its not covid.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
Notatribalist:
Yeah I just confirmed it.It's such a shame that here in Ghana many TV station are not even talking about it.Death is a Normal thing in Ghana shall, they don't really care.

It is not about death, it is about greatness of the subject,, the greatest Ghanaian alive just died
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
Rest in Peace
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by sharpwriter(m): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
yommen:

May be that's what Ojukwu would have done. That would behave paid off for us. For those that might want to quote me, I am talking as a Nigerian. Besides, I'm not Igbo, I am Yoruba.

But is there no one officer that could lead that now? grin
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
OgaTheTop2:
The story no complete. I would like to know how he escaped the death sentence..

He was scheduled to be executed, but b4 he could be executed his boys broke him out of jail. That's why he promptly executed those he exected, no trials even

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by Nnamdi234: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
Covid 19 is not a disease it's a virus. You people are too backward. There are huge differences between a disease and a virus.
Ecstasy154:

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
soojar:

No nonsense man. One of the few African military men that you would want to be carrying out coup over and over again. Another one is Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso.

If only somebody like Abacha could just be a people's person who has human feelings, he could have cleaned up Nigeria too with his no nonsense, kill anybody 'kill able" attitude.

On a different note, why do people keep writing RIP for a dead person? you even see some saying RIP sir grin
Your condolence should be directed towards the family the dead left behind, the man or woman is gone and can't hear you. condolence messages are meant for those of us still here (at least for now) reading the messages, not for the dead.

It is called tradition. Who does your condolence help, dead or alive?
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by codemaniacs: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
zz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mohamed Bazoum, Niger’s Ousted President Reduced To Eating Dry Rice / Abortion: Head Of US Bishops' Conference Warns Biden / 10 Unexpected Facts About North Korea That We Had No Idea About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.