Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (47118 Views)

Video Of Jerry Rawlings On Hospital Bed Before His Death / Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him / Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Medics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Genius, "you" here doesn't have to mean you personally. It is just illustrating so many things people say and don't get replied. You don't complain of any of them except RIP.
Yes, someone in the throes of grief is free to say things like "why did you leave me?" which can be viewed as talking to himself, without someone like you rushing to tell them the dead can't hear them

Alright bros. But a bit of diversion and English language tutorial here. "one" is the better word to use if the bolded is what you meant to say. "one" is third person singular pronoun, "you" on the other hand is second person singular and should be avoided if you are not referring to me.

Back to the topic, I thought you said the dead hear you when you speak to them, are you changing your statement on that or what?

Enjoy your day.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
soojar:

Alright bros. But a bit of diversion and English language tutorial here. "one" is the better word to use if the bolded is what you meant to say. "one" is third person singular pronoun, "you" on the other hand is second person singular and should be avoided if you are not referring to me.

Back to the topic, I thought you said the dead hear you when you speak to them, are you changing your statement on that or what?

Enjoy your day.

See funny guy, trying to pull a wool. I always asked, "HOW ARE YOU SURE the dead can't hear us?". That's all and u know it.

As for "you", genius, "one" is implied. That's how language works. I think that's at the root of everything - you don't have a broad view of how language works. That explains your problem with RIP. If I say "If you want a man and you are a beautiful young lady..." It doesn't mean you are a beautiful young lady. THAT'S HOW LANGUAGE WORKS!
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

See funny guy, trying to pull a wool. I always asked, "HOW ARE YOU SURE the dead can't hear us?". That's all and u know it.

As for "you", genius, "one" is implied. That's how language works. I think that's at the root of everything - you don't have a broad view of how language works. That explains your problem with RIP. If I say "If you want a man and you are a beautiful young lady..." It doesn't mean you are a beautiful young lady. THAT'S HOW LANGUAGE WORKS!

Back to the English language class again sir, as I said, in the contest where you used "you", "one" is the appropriate word, since you said you are not referring to second person but a third person.

"If you want a man and you are a beautiful young lady... I can see your limited understanding of the English language. The example of the statement you put here is still talking about second person singular (in which case "you" is appropriate), because whoever is reading what you wrote at that time is the second person you are referring to. Unlike "one" (third person), it means you are talking to a second person but referring to another person. Don't worry, you don't need to pay me for that, I do free tutorials on Mondays grin

back to your ability to communicate with the dead. you wrote "HOW ARE YOU SURE the dead can't hear us?" what do you mean by that? my English comprehension is a bit below that level, kindly explain, are you saying the dead can hear you or they cannot?
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
soojar:

Back to the English language class again sir, as I said, in the contest where you used "you", "one" is the appropriate word, since you said you are not referring to second person but a third person.

"If you want a man and you are a beautiful young lady... I can see your limited understanding of the English language. The example of the statement you put here is still talking about second person singular (in which case "you" is appropriate), because whoever is reading what you wrote at that time is the second person you are referring to. Unlike "one" (third person), it means you are talking to a second person but referring to another person. Don't worry, you don't need to pay me for that, I do free tutorials on Mondays grin

back to your ability to communicate with the dead. you wrote "HOW ARE YOU SURE the dead can't hear us?" what do you mean by that? my English comprehension is a bit below that level, kindly explain, are you saying the dead can hear you or they cannot?

I can see u r really a genius. My man, "If you want a man and you are a beautiful young lady..." is in the same vein as "If you say sai baba will Bubu reply you?". In both cases "one" is implied. In the first case it doesn't mean you personally are a beautiful young lady, in the second case it doesn't mean you personally say "sai baba"!

"How are you sure...?" is a question. Answer it.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

I can see u r really a genius. My man, "If you want a man and you are a beautiful young lady..." is in the same vein as "If you say sai baba will Bubu reply you?". In both cases "one" is implied. In the first case it doesn't mean you personally are a beautiful young lady, in the second case it doesn't mean you personally say "sai baba"!

"How are you sure...?" is a question. Answer it.

Free English lesson is over for today, go to google or brighter grammar for more information.

As I said in my write up you barged into, as a personal opinion, the dead stay dumb.
I think you that have a point to proof about someone's personal opinion should be in the best position to answer that.

'Genius', is that a new word? grin
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
soojar:

Free English lesson is over for today, go to google or brighter grammar for more information.

As I said in my write up you barged into, as a personal opinion, the dead stay dumb.
I think you that have a point to proof about someone's personal opinion should be in the best position to answer that.

'Genius', is that a new word? grin

Try to have a comprehensive knowledge of use of language otherwise you'd always go nitpicking as you are doing here, and making a fool of yourself.

Genius, if you have no way of being sure if dead people hear or not then don't go telling people not to say RIP because the dead can't hear. In other words stop being a smart ass about something you don't know. A long-standing tradition that hurts no one. Keep your smartassism to yourself!
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 12:30am On Nov 17, 2020
Nitpicking? sorry, you are the one that got yourself into the wrong thread and picked on the wrong person.

You didnt say anything about the 'genius' , it looks like its a new word you just learnt, practicing the use of it on me. Im glad to be of assistance to you, don't thank me.

you still did not answer your own question, Do you hear from the dead or speak to them? yes or no

Also as I recommended, consult brighter grammar to brush up on your English language. "Genius" grin

PoliteActivist:

Try to have a comprehensive knowledge of use of language otherwise you'd always go nitpicking as you are doing here, and making a fool of yourself.

Genius, if you have no way of being sure if dead people hear or not then don't go telling people not to say RIP because the dead can't hear. In other words stop being a smart ass about something you don't know. A long-standing tradition that hurts no one. Keep your smartassism to yourself!
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 4:24am On Nov 17, 2020
soojar:
Nitpicking? sorry, you are the one that got yourself into the wrong thread and picked on the wrong person.

You didnt say anything about the 'genius' , it looks like its a new word you just learnt, practicing the use of it on me. Im glad to be of assistance to you, don't thank me.

you still did not answer your own question, Do you hear from the dead or speak to them? yes or no

Also as I recommended, consult brighter grammar to brush up on your English language. "Genius" grin

Genius, below is definition of pedantic. It applies to you. I've told you to try to broaden your understanding about use of language. That's why u r tangled up in things like RIP.

You are the one saying people should not say RIP because the dead cannot hear, begging the question, HOW DO YOU KNOW?? Answer that question.

Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Genius, below is definition of pedantic. It applies to you. I've told you to try to broaden your understanding about use of language. That's why u r tangled up in things like RIP.

You are the one saying people should not say RIP because the dead cannot hear, begging the question, HOW DO YOU KNOW?? Answer that question.

Ok sir, genius.

Pedantic? that's quite a big word to describe me. I never knew I am that detailed. Maybe that's why I could notice every detail in how you are so much struggling to show you know what you actually know nothing about.

You asked me how am I sure the dead cannot hear, I told you I don't know. I based my assumption on the fact that since the dead stay dumb despite all the greetings and talking you and your likes have been making to them, it might be safe to assume they are deaf as well.

Now back to you genius, do you speak to and hear from the dead? Yes or No. Trust me I won't ask you to give me explanation on how, (if your answer is yes), I might only say you should please go on and be saying good morning to the dead. While at it, don't forget to ask them how they are doing, and what we need to do or prepare to take along when it's our own turn to go, so we can have a good time there.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
soojar:

Ok sir, genius.

Pedantic? that's quite a big word to describe me. I never knew I am that detailed. Maybe that's why I could notice every detail in how you are so much struggling to show you know what you actually know nothing about.

You asked me how am I sure the dead cannot hear, I told you I don't know. I based my assumption on the fact that since the dead stay dumb despite all the greetings and talking you and your likes have been making to them, it might be safe to assume they are deaf as well.

Now back to you genius, do you speak to and hear from the dead? Yes or No. Trust me I won't ask you to give me explanation on how, (if your answer is yes), I might only say you should please go on and be saying good morning to the dead. While at it, don't forget to ask them how they are doing, and what we need to do or prepare to take along when it's our own turn to go, so we can have a good time there.

Genius you don't get it. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MADE A DECLARATIVE STATEMENT - "dead people can't hear". That's your basis for criticizing people sayIng RIP. I never made any declarative statement. If, as u said, u r not sure of your declarative statement, THEN STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO BASED ON IT!!

QED
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Genius you don't get it. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MADE A DECLARATIVE STATEMENT - "dead people can't hear". That's your basis for criticizing people sayIng RIP. I never made any declarative statement. If, as u said, u r not sure of your declarative statement, THEN STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO BASED ON IT!!

QED

Mr Genius, you are right, I don't get it, If you don't speak to or hear from the dead how is it a problem to you? Did I enter your thread to tell you that? No. But because you want to show that you know, when you know you don't know you started huffing and puffing on what you have no knowledge of. Again I ask, do you speak with dead people? if you don't move on, if you do, continue.

comprendre?
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
soojar:

Mr Genius, you are right, I don't get it, If you don't speak to or hear from the dead how is it a problem to you? Did I enter your thread to tell you that? No. But because you want to show that you know, when you know you don't know you started huffing and puffing on what you have no knowledge of. Again I ask, do you speak with dead people? if you don't move on, if you do, continue.

comprendre?

Genius, first look up what open forum means. Then look up what non sequitur means. You shouldn't post non sequiturs in an open forum. Anybody can challenge you, then if u can't defend it, you look stupid, as you are currently looking
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Genius, first look up what open forum means. Then look up what non sequitur means. You shouldn't post non sequiturs in an open forum. Anybody can challenge you, then if u can't defend it, you look stupid, as you are currently looking

Mr. Genius sir, I've checked them out, there is none of them that is saying anything about the question I asked you. I have answered your question on How? And you trying to play intelligent, I ask you, do you discuss with the dead? It's not that difficult a question to answer.

If you still choose not to after asking you about 4 times, instead you keep rambling around. I will take it as a yes and in that case I wish you happy fellowship with the dead.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2020
soojar:

Mr. Genius sir, I've checked them out, there is none of them that is saying anything about the question I asked you. I have answered your question on How? And you trying to play intelligent, I ask you, do you discuss with the dead? It's not that difficult a question to answer.

If you still choose not to after asking you about 4 times, instead you keep rambling around. I will take it as a yes and in that case I wish you happy fellowship with the dead.

Now we know you are a real genius because seems u can't read. I already told you, you opened yourself up to questioning because you MADE A DECLARATIVE STATEMENT!! I made no such statement and therefore NOT open to questioning! It is like say, we are arguing Buhari and you ask me "how do you know Buhari is dead?" when I never said Buhari was dead! Get it? Genius!
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Now we know you are a real genius because seems u can't read. I already told you, you opened yourself up to questioning because you MADE A DECLARATIVE STATEMENT!! I made no such statement and therefore NOT open to questioning! It is like say, we are arguing Buhari and you ask me "how do you know Buhari is dead?" when I never said Buhari was dead! Get it? Genius!

Mr. genius, I can see you can read, it's the comprehension I guess is your issue. I am not arguing with you. I made a post (personal opinion), you challenged, I answered you, I challenged you on your[b] IMPLIED STATEMENT[/b] you couldn't answer (or is it that you don't know what an implied statement is), you chose to rather be jumping here and there.

Let me spell it out for you again, your statement [b]"HOW ARE YOU SO SURE THE DEAD CAN'T HEAR YOU??" is an example of an implied statement. Based on that I ask "do you fellowship with the dead"?
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2020
soojar:

Mr. genius, I can see you can read, it's the comprehension I guess is your issue. I am not arguing with you. I made a post (personal opinion), you challenged, I answered you, I challenged you on your[b] IMPLIED STATEMENT[/b] you couldn't answer (or is it that you don't know what an implied statement is), you chose to rather be jumping here and there.

Let me spell it out for you again, your statement [b]"HOW ARE YOU SO SURE THE DEAD CAN'T HEAR YOU??" is an example of an implied statement. Based on that I ask "do you fellowship with the dead"?

My genius friend, here is what you said verbatim (not implied, said verbatim!); "the dead can't hear you". Prompting me to ask: "how do you know?". I never made any statement that prompts a "how do you know?". Neither did I imply any such statement. I simply said: "RIP is just tradition, not that they expect the dead to hear, and BTW how are you sure the dead can't hear?"
Get it? You've lost the argument. Now run along, genius!
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
PoliteActivist:

My genius friend, here is what you said verbatim (not implied, said verbatim!); "the dead can't hear you". Prompting me to ask: "how do you know?". I never made any statement that prompts a "how do you know?". Neither did I imply any such statement. I simply said: "RIP is just tradition, not that they expect the dead to hear, and BTW how are you sure the dead can't hear?"
Get it? You've lost the argument. Now run along, genius!

Sorry, genius sir, No argument.

As I said a personal opinion, the dead can't hear you because they are obviously dumb which means they are most likely deaf as well hence I don't think greetings or wishes (tradition or not) should be directed to them. I guess I am within my right to question tradition.

If your tradition sir is speaking to the dead and they hear you, please go on, you are free too. Again no argument here
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
soojar:

Sorry, genius sir, No argument.

As I said a personal opinion, the dead can't hear you because they are obviously dumb which means they are most likely deaf as well hence I don't think greetings or wishes (tradition or not) should be directed to them. I guess I am within my right to question tradition.

If your tradition sir is speaking to the dead and they hear you, please go on, you are free too. Again no argument here

Genius you initiated an argument against a long-standing tradition on a public forum without having the knowledge or mental power to win the argument. That's why you lost
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Genius you initiated an argument against a long-standing tradition on a public forum without having the knowledge or mental power to win the argument. That's why you lost

Mr. genius, I don't do argument (well, maybe not with someone with a child's mentality looking for competition).

I either make a statement of fact (backed up by evidence), or a personal opinion in which is the case here. A so called genius who claims to know how or why a so called tradition is in existence is struggling to make sense when he knows it's beyond him. In that case what can I say other than 'happy frolicking with the dead bro'.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 1:46am On Nov 18, 2020
soojar:

Mr. genius, I don't do argument (well, maybe not with someone with a child's mentality looking for competition).

I either make a statement of fact (backed up by evidence), or a personal opinion in which is the case here. A so called genius who claims to know how or why a so called tradition is in existence is struggling to make sense when he knows it's beyond him. In that case what can I say other than 'happy frolicking with the dead bro'.

Genius, what u have been doing all this while is called ARGUMENT. And you are still at it despite losing long ago
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Genius, what u have been doing all this while is called ARGUMENT. And you are still at it despite losing long ago

Really? I didn't know.

But it took you a while to respond, I thought you were trying to see how to answer question on your conversation with the dead. I guess you have given up and that now.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
soojar:

Really? I didn't know.

But it took you a while to respond, I thought you were trying to see how to answer question on your conversation with the dead. I guess you have given up and that now.

Am a very busy man bro. As I'm toying with you here I'm simultaneously making ridiculous amounts of money. So I only respond to u when I have a few extra minutes
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Am a very busy man bro. As I'm toying with you here I'm simultaneously making ridiculous amounts of money. So I only respond to u when I have a few extra minutes

Yeah, I can see that. Please don't make ridiculous money, make cool money that one is way better.

Waiting for your response when you are less busy
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
soojar:

Yeah, I can see that. Please don't make ridiculous money, make cool money that one is way better.

Waiting for your response when you are less busy

U r a cool dude. A genius, yes. Stupidly pedantic, yes. But also a cool dude.
Well I can't really call it "cool money" because the money is too much compared to the effort put forth to make it. Let's call it unfair money. That sounds about right.
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
PoliteActivist:

U r a cool dude. A genius, yes. Stupidly pedantic, yes. But also a cool dude.
Well I can't really call it "cool money" because the money is too much compared to the effort put forth to make it. Let's call it unfair money. That sounds about right.

Got it. well, unfair advantage also depends on where you positioned yourself before getting that.

'Eat meat while you still have teeth to chew'.

Enjoy
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by PoliteActivist: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
soojar:

Got it. well, unfair advantage also depends on where you positioned yourself before getting that.

'Eat meat while you still have teeth to chew'.

Enjoy

You are right, but we tend to forget all the hard work that went into the positioning and only remember the here and now.

I know, not only meat and teeth but also the good health to digest and enjoy it!

Been nice arguing with you smiley
Re: Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease by soojar(m): 12:13am On Nov 19, 2020
PoliteActivist:

You are right, but we tend to forget all the hard work that went into the positioning and only remember the here and now.

I know, not only meat and teeth but also the good health to digest and enjoy it!

Been nice arguing with you
smiley

same here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mohamed Bazoum, Niger’s Ousted President Reduced To Eating Dry Rice / 10 Unexpected Facts About North Korea That We Had No Idea About / Abortion: Head Of US Bishops' Conference Warns Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.