Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria (3893 Views)

Adeleke Appoints Lawyer As Health Commissioner / Fayose Removed As PDP Leader In Ekiti / Senator Ajayi Boroffice: How Saraki Will Be Removed As Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Weekends are structured according to Christian doctrine

Marriage act in Nigeria is Christian doctrine

And many others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
Saturday is sabat day

Ignorance killing Nigerians. Israel 1000 shekels has Arabic inscriptions

4 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Rugaria: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
One noisy MURIC relic like that..

15 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by LeoThaGreat(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
I honestly think Fridays & Sundays should be the non-working days of the week, then when Nigeria can afford to, like Finland, Saturday can be included.
Why? Because those are the two most important days in a week in the two predominant religions in Nigeria.

Concerning the marriage act, I don't know much about it but I'd like Nigeria to be more conscious of Customary law union

About the cross, much ado about it. I don't care about the health symbol, I care about how efficient the health system is instead. Because western countries health system functions better and a sick non Christian won't give a shit about why the cross is on their hospital logo.

As much as your post is meant to be Muslim VS Christian, I am Yòrùbá and I believe (and practice) that the sky is big enough for all birds to fly.
I suppose you won't be as honest when it comes to the enforcement of Sharia law VS Tax from alcohol consumption though.

13 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
LeoThaGreat:
I honestly think Fridays & Sundays should be the non-working days of the week, then when Nigeria can afford to, like Finland, Saturday can be included.
Why? Because those are the two most important days in a week in the two predominant religions in Nigeria.

Concerning the marriage act, I don't know much about it but I'd like Nigeria to be more conscious of Customary law union

About the cross, much ado about it. I don't care about the health symbol, I care about how efficient the health system is instead. Because western countries health system functions better and a sick non Christian won't give a shit about why the cross is on their hospital logo.

As much as your post is meant to be Muslim VS Christian, I am Yòrùbá and I believe (and practice) that the sky is big enough for all birds to fly.
I suppose you won't be as honest when it comes to the enforcement of Sharia law VS Tax from alcohol consumption though.

I don't care about cross neither do I care about Saturday and Sunday but I'm just trying to let bigots who are crying about so called Arabic on naira note to know that there are some Nigerian symbols and practices that are derived from Christian doctrines.

Although the marriage act must be changed.

5 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by IDeyNL: 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
Biodun556:

And many others

You see why we should divide the country so that each region can practise what they want?

Also, when did international red cross become a Nigerian organization?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by IDeyNL: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
Biodun556:

I don't care about cross neither do I care about Saturday and Sunday but I'm just trying to let bigots who are crying about so called Arabic on naira note to know that there are some Nigerian symbols and practices that are derived from Christian doctrines.

Is Arabic a Nigerian official language? We already have English as our official language while the three major tribes have their languages written on the naira note. Then why do we need it written in Arabic again?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by GeneralStan(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
Go and remove it Na... Then put the moon too

3 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by HopeUzodinma: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
Why can't we write in Igbo, hausa and Yoruba, how is Arabic related to us....?

7 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by NATIONALPASTOR: 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
I don't know why Nairaland supports Terrorism...

Seun, think again and delete all these post from terrorist because your account will be frozen soon.

What did I say self

I mean Our problems here are not in symbols but people that thinks like the @op

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by LeoThaGreat(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
Biodun556:

Judging by your username, I suppose you're Yòrùbá.
Our elders say: Headache isn't cured by chopping off the head. If people are dragging you down to a rough conversation, as an Omolúàbí you're meant to drop a your opinion with diplomacy, not go down that lane with them that will lead to insults and abuses.

Nigeria is a secular state and all religions & regions, either predominant or not should feel well accommodated.

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by IDeyNL: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
LeoThaGreat:

Our elders say: Headache isn't cured by chopping off the head. If people are dragging you down to a rough conversation, as an Omolúàbí you're meant to drop a your opinion with diplomacy, not go down that lane with them that will lead to insults and abuses.

Nigeria is a secular state and all religions & regions, either predominant or not should feel well accommodated.

He isn't a Yoruba. Don't be deceived by the name

5 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
LeoThaGreat:

Agreed

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by kilonshele101(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Sibrah: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
The problem remains Islam. They want to use another mans life to practice their own beliefs and are conquest oriented. They don't appeal and leave. They conquer.
How can we justify destruction of another man's property because it is forbidden in your own religion? If As a christian, drugs is forbidden, I simply avoid it and push for it to be regulated in terms how it is displayed. They could have made a law to regulate the advertising and sales of alcohols instead of saying it forbidden in Islam therefore non-islamists have no right to consume it. You have to be careful with giving muslims a step in. You give them a step in and they send you packing.

2 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by PlayerMeji: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
Oga... You are not a Christian..

It is not new to see Muslims claim to be Christians just to prove certain points simply because Islam allows such distasteful acts.

We see beyond the smokescreen...

kilonshele101:
Mr Biodun.

We shouldn't be doing this as omoluabi. honestly we don pass all these.

We're all aware that we share country with hypocrites who are naturally intolerant to their fellow country men.

I'm a Christian and it's always disgusting to see some Christians publicly displaying their hypocrisy and their blind hatred towards Islam ,calling it names , throwing insults ,adding unnecessary meaning to things and promoting it. I believe it's common among some Easterners who are religious intolerance. (Not all though)

And it's also annoying seeing some Muslims doing the same to their fellow country men who are Christians (which I believe it's common among Northerners who are religious extremists)

I wasn't expecting to be seeing such act from a Westerner who is from a society that can be described as perfect heaven where people live peacefully together irrespective of their faith. And a society where intellectual engagement is a common triat. Though there are some religious bigots amidst too but not as common the aforementioned region.

No sane person will see the Ajami on our currency as an Islamic plot. It's also meaningless to be adding unnecessary meaning to health logo or the military logo or our days of the week.

Nigeria is a secular state, Islamic laws are strictly for Muslims while Christian laws are strictly for Christians in accordance with the denomination they belong to. I see no reason in putting mouth in each other business or adding unnecessary religious meaning to things.

You are a fellow omolubabi, you should know better. Let's leave the ridiculous religious war to those that own it. And condemn it when we can.

I can troll or jokingly make jest of people as it's a common culture on Nairaland, but when it comes religion, we should be careful. We're not the origin of both religion.

9 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
Just divide the multicultural shithole and let everyone find their way.

Since the yaribanza mumuric of an OP hates Christianity and Christians he should get his oduastan Emirate to join Sokoto in their Arewastani Ismanic people's republic .

You and your fulani goat fckers won't be missed.

Idiots

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Rugaria: 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
Biodun556:
Saturday is sabat day

Ignorance killing Nigerians. Israel 1000 shekels has Arabic inscriptions

There are Arabian citizens of isreal. Maybe the Arabic writing on the naira is for the Arabian citizens of nigeria!? Una dey lucky. Give me Nigerias presidency for 6 months, I go show una sheegee

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by kilonshele101(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
kilonshele101:

If my comment is annoying you then it shows the amount of more spiritual knowledge you need, I only condemn religious bigotry in all form without exemption and it's doing you somehow.

And sorry to say this, but who the fvck you think you are to deny me my religion. Must everyone agree to your fvcked up opinion as regard other people's religion. Must everybody be intolerance like you people.

What sort of nonsensical Christianity that encourage bigotry, intolerance and hypocrisy do you practice from the part on the world you're from.

You are a disgrace to Christianity and you need spiritual guidance because your bigotry and hypocrisy will consume you whole

Some people are promotion religious intolerance , I'm condemning it the best way I can but you own version of end time Christianity you practice taught you that you should attack and castigate anyone condemning intolerance. I'm not surprised, end time is near and even Jesus was denied and crucified by the same people he came save.

Which region are you from Coz I have a theory to validate from your action. I dare you to tell me your tribe.

In a plot to promote your bigotry, hypocrisy and intolerance , you people created the nonsensical Yoruba Muslim and yoruba Christan concept. It seems you have never seen a Yoruba Christian. guess what , you've seen one today, and your hypocrisy disgusts him.

I don't know which tribe you're from but you're a disgrace and you version of Christianity is an insult on Christianity.
You're definitely not a Christian
You started on a religious bashing note, now your asking his tribe so u can add ethnic bashing grin

You're a poor example of a Christian grin

7 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by PlayerMeji: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
Even the devil is known to speak eloquently.

Oga, You are not a Christian. Stop masquerading and parading yourself as one. We know your types; since the internet encourages faceless identities, one can claim to be anything.

FYI, I am a full bloodied Yoruba man and Christian as such.

You Islamists come online trying to get Christians to see reasons with you simply because you claimed you are a Christian.

This has worked for sometime but now most Christians are wiser.

What sold you out is your justification of the Ajami by saying no sane person will see it as an Islamic plot...

Like what the F? Which rock did you just crawl out?

Stop deceiving yourself, we know better.

kilonshele101:

If my comment is annoying you then it shows the amount of more spiritual knowledge you need, I only condemn religious bigotry in all form without exemption and it's doing you somehow.

And sorry to say this, but who the fvck you think you are to deny me my religion. Must everyone agree to your fvcked up opinion as regard other people's religion. Must everybody be intolerance like you people.

What sort of nonsensical Christianity that encourage bigotry, intolerance and hypocrisy do you practice from the part on the world you're from.

You are a disgrace to Christianity and you need spiritual guidance because your bigotry and hypocrisy will consume you whole

Some people are promotion religious intolerance , I'm condemning it the best way I can but you own version of end time Christianity you practice taught you that you should attack and castigate anyone condemning intolerance. I'm not surprised, end time is near and even Jesus was denied and crucified by the same people he came save.

Which region are you from Coz I have a theory to validate from your action. I dare you to tell me your tribe.

In a plot to promote your bigotry, hypocrisy and intolerance , you people created the nonsensical Yoruba Muslim and yoruba Christan concept. It seems you have never seen a Yoruba Christian. guess what , you've seen one today, and your hypocrisy disgusts him.

I don't know which tribe you're from but you're a disgrace and you version of Christianity is an insult on Christianity.

7 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by PlayerMeji: 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
Don't mind him.. I just burst his bubbles..

He thought I were some South Easterner.

I be Yoruba man..

Blackking98:

You're definitely not a Christian
You started on a religious bashing note, now your asking his tribe so u can add ethnic bashing grin

You're a poor example of a Christian grin

6 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by kutiman00: 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
kilonshele101:

lmao. I see that you're obviously one the very few sane/sensible people on this toxic section of the site, and I've learned that if you value your sanity it's best to ignore all those painfully ignorant people notwithstanding how annoying and frustrating reading their post is.

3 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by kilonshele101(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by kilonshele101(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
kutiman00:

lmao. I see that you're obviously one the very few sane/sensible people on this toxic section of the site, and I've learned that if you value your sanity it's best to ignore all those painfully ignorant people notwithstanding how annoying and frustrating reading their post is.

I knew I was wasting my time.

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by kilonshele101(m): 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Don't mind him.. I just burst his bubbles..

He thought I were some South Easterner.

I be Yoruba man..

stop impersonating , you can never be a Yoruba man.

I didn't even mention that you're from the east but in bid to cover yourself up, you came out to show yourself

I'm 100% certain you're not are Yoruba man. we have a way of engaging each other.

2 Likes

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by kilonshele101(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Even the devil is known to speak eloquently.

Oga, You are not a Christian. Stop masquerading and parading yourself as one. We know your types; since the internet encourages faceless identities, one can claim to be anything.

FYI, I am a full bloodied Yoruba man and Christian as such.

You Islamists come online trying to get Christians to see reasons with you simply because you claimed you are a Christian.

This has worked for sometime but now most Christians are wiser.

What sold you out is your justification of the Ajami by saying no sane person will see it as an Islamic plot...

Like what the F? Which rock did you just crawl out?

Stop deceiving yourself, we know better.

see an Igbo claiming Yoruba. grin

in your dream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by jalaludeen1(m): 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Biodun556:

And many others

They are quick to point out Ajami writing on our not which is not even a religious sign or symbol, but leaving out weekend holidays that is instructed by their holy book for Christians only to be national break. Nairaland is the only forum you can find high concentration Christians terrorists and hypocrites, some time I find it hard to believe this people exist in real life

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by PlayerMeji: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
I just told you my region so let's see your calculated guesses.

I am sure you would have gone through some of my posts to confirm my region.

A Christian has the time to conduct a survey on Facebook about religious intolerance...?

I wished you could tell better lies next time.

Your theories can't go beyond asserting South Easterners as Islamophobic, Northerners as Christian-phobic if there's any word like that..and South Westerners, a blend of both religions.

kilonshele101:

Just tell me your region. I have a theory to confirm .

I see a news headline that some angry muslims beheaded a minor for blasphemy in Nigeria. I have a theory for that I don't have to stress myself to know what part of Nigeria that ugly incident is most likely to occur.

The same way I dare you and him to tell me your region, I already told you I only want to confirm my theory. You don't have to be feeling insecure coz You're about to be exposed and you don't have to castigate and deny me my religion to save your ass. Stop using Christianity to promote your hypocrisy

the disunity we're facing as a nation is as a result of the complex triad relationship of Religion, Tribe and political party. The triad relationship is relatively complementary, they correlate each other, one can relatively determine the other. I'm writing a book on it if you're interested. I conducted a survey via Facebook months back and the result confirmed my assertion.

But you're a here on a faceless forum forming detective.

Just tell me your tribe and let's forget story.

I already have a calculated guess of which tribe you're from. And I know that this is what you do. You always try to attack, abuse and castigate whosoever that doesn't agree to your ideal. But to avoids calling a particular tribe and denial, i dare you tell me yours

And that's why I'm still insisting that the type of hypocritic Christianity you people practice that encourage bigotry is only applicable to the part of world you're from.

You can continue denying me my religion all day just to make my claims look ridiculous. Just answer my question and Le's for story. And you're nobody, only and insane person will be proving to nobody that he's somebody's son

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by Cyberterror: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nobody will remove the Arabic inscription on our Naira notes. They are as sure as the unity of Nigeria.
Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by PlayerMeji: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
I can't laugh alone..

I knew this what where you would fall back on...

Claiming that I am not Yoruba while we would then go back and forth in the region claims while the bone of contention which is YOU NOT BEING A CHRISTIAN will be lost in transit...

Watunsere... We are wiser

kilonshele101:

am not a

see an Igbo claiming Yoruba. grin

in your dream

1 Like

Re: Cross Should Be Removed As Health Logo In Nigeria by PlayerMeji: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Lol... I have enumerated your moves ahead.

So I am not surprised you are playing out the scripts.

I still insist You are NOT a CHRISTIAN, brother!

kilonshele101:

stop impersonating , you can never be a Yoruba man.

I didn't even mention that you're from the east but in bid to cover yourself up, you came out to show yourself

I'm 100% certain you're not are Yoruba man. we have a way of engaging each other.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hushpuppi Fraud: Aisha Reacts To Abba Kyari’s Suspension / Another War May Break Out On May 29 As Peter Obi Is Planning To End DSS / Naira Might Crash To ₦5498/$ Next Year - Seun Osewa Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.