Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring (31968 Views)

Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs A Decentralized Police, 22 States Ready For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Blessedassuranc(f): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
nabiz:
I see this man as an intelligent person but I am just disappointed. Thank God he made his stand than to make empty promise. He will never smell my vote

Thank God it's getting very obvious
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/nigerias-problem-not-restructuring-osinbajo/

Nigeria's number one problem illiteracy and stupidity. Nigerians know that a Nigerian can do nothing for them but they will still go and follow a Nigerian idiot look how stupid Nigerians in America they are in America in a white man's country but they are listening to a Nigerian idiot in Nigeria this is why Nigerians will never develop in country even in 1 billion years time. We have a serious problem of illiteracy in this country we know who can develop a country we know who can build a country we will not follow that person those Nigerians in America run away from Nigeria because Nigeria could do nothing for them now that they are in America they want to follow a idiot in Nigeria.

As long as we Nigerians are ruling the country the country is not going to progress because most of us are illiterate. The problem with this country has never been development the problem with Nigeria is illiteracy somebody which can do nothing for them is who they will come Follow they will vote form.. the more the Citizens suffer the happier they are.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Alwaysachick: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
IamWonderful:
Very correct, if there is effective management of the available resources, restructuring will be useless, most state don't have much IGR to sustain a state, some will be malnourished and some will be well developed

Effective management of what?

Why is the school feeding program not done in all the Geo political.zones? Why collect money from the South to feed the children of.some particular region?
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Nychillax(m): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
I totally disagree with Prof on this, unitry system of government in Nigeria nothing but monumental fraud,. It's only skewed the favor the political elites. Fiscal federalism still remains the best approach to tackle Nigeria's problem..
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Blessedassuranc(f): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]
Gibberish.
Oshinbajo for once was never known to support or against Restructuring IN PUBLIC.

I have never seen that post you'll not stylishly criticize Tinubu, I haven't.

Whereas Tinubu isn't the President for what you're accusing him of.

PATHETIC LIAR LIKE THE PROFESSOR OF LIES YEMI OSINBANJO

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by ofiko123(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Osibanjo definitely does not know what he is doing..

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Redhot111(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]
Gibberish.
Oshinbajo for once was never known to support or against Restructuring IN PUBLIC.

I have never seen that post you'll not stylishly criticize Tinubu, I haven't.

Whereas Tinubu isn't the President for what you're accusing him of.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Kingrefreshed: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/nigerias-problem-not-restructuring-osinbajo/

I repeat anyone against RESTRUCTURING is the true Enemy of NIGERIA!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Jostoman: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
Acekidc4:
Who Tell You That One
a vice president that doesn't have a say in his own government is that one a vice president? nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by TheRareGem1(f): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
We have been together for quite and many decade and we keep waxing strong in togetherness and unity. Nigeria shall prevail
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
emperor863:

Add Ogun state to that list.
Which Ogun state? Lol
stop deceiving yourself.
Don't even go there.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Gaggii: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igbochief001:
Can we see why we must not allow osibanjo to near aso rock in 2023

He won't support restructuring

Nobody in power will support restructuring, only ppu out of power will clamour for it
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nothing but a stooge.
Foolish man!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
TheRareGem1:
We have been together for quite and many decade and we keep waxing strong in togetherness and unity. Nigeria shall prevail

So desperate for unity.

Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Omezif(m): 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
Apc is yet to put nigerian in doubt if restructuring is not nigeria problem osinbajo should help nigeria by his wonderful tactics to bring the problem of nigeria to the end because we are worry for the delay improvement since the coming of apc into power.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Sibrah: 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
favor914:
Armchair critic, sure you know more than Senior Advocate, & Vice President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria? Mumu how do the people provide for Government? Have you paid any taxes to The Federal Government? Peasant.
Obama was vast in constitution law yet pressed for satanic LGBT laws. If you think certificate equate to wisdom then I pity your life. Restructuring is the way out. Oil prices are low and cannot sustain us. We need to open up doors for more fund and that may not happen if the right incentive isn't there. Restructuring will ensure Zamfara releases her Gold.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by favor914: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
EagleNest:
Fair opinion though from VP, but I disagree strongly. Let the regions take care of itself and the centre our common interests.
Aren’t the state regions? can they take of themselves? Bureau of statistics has said only 4 States in Nigeria can survive without statutory (free money) allocation, championed by the Federal Government, Which Eastern State In Nigeria can survive without Federal allocation? Lagos State’s alone internal generated revenue in 1 month, surpasses the whole south east combined for 6 months, people from eastern Nigeria will suffer the most.

They have no resources other than small oil in Abia, & imo states, coal as fossil fuel that made the east relevant in the last century is basically worthless today, they can’t even use the large deposit of coal in their region to enhance electricity generation? Lack of innovation.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by leisuretym: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dear Vice President, I'm speeches !
Your statement drained a whole lot of energy out of me, history will not forget this comment you made today. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Reference(m): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Here we go again. Useless leadership not fit for any purpose other than pursue sectional agendas. Let the country continue to decay. They don't care.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by olyrayy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
xcellentgraphic:
He's confusing himself in this statement...what is restructuring ...what is resource control....

You see what he did there right? He's double speaking...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Redhot111(m): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
favor914:
Sure it is APC, Buhari & Osinbajo that made your father poor?

Who is is this idiot idiot quoting me to this effect. Is there madness in your head or did they tell you I have a hand in your most unfortunate situation? What's your problem?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Brushstrokes20: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Arrant Bullcrap!.... I thought this dude would be a better option.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by OMOJOHN001: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
Majority carry the vote,

what most Nigerians want is Restructuring.

Your opinion does not count.
I like and respect you a lot as VP. but your master won't just allow your Good work to show. TUEEEEH
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by zinizta: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
xcellentgraphic:
He's confusing himself in this statement...what is restructuring ...what is resource control....

He is saying state should be given greater resource control instead of absolute and also, there should be accountability and efficiency. Read between the lines.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by favor914: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sibrah:
Obama was vast in constitution law yet pressed for satanic LGBT laws. If you think certificate equate to wisdom then I pity your life. Restructuring is the way out. Oil prices are low and cannot sustain us. We need to open up doors for more fund and that may not happen if the right incentive isn't there. Restructuring will ensure Zamfara releases her Gold.
What does your state produce to enhance the quality of life were you live, are you an almijiri? Are you not aware that states keep 75% of the revenue they generate?

The Federal Government cannot empower you from Abuja, that was why the states & Local Government were created, & adopted in our constitution, for development to be able to reach the people.

Mumu no executive order can override the provisions of the constitution, the statute says all resources belongs to The Federal Republic of Nigeria (We the citizens of Nigeria). Zamfara’s so called gold revenue will be shared amongst the states as adopted by The Revenue Mobilization Fiscal Allocation Committee (RMFAC), all these your hypocrisy crocodile tears will only cause your more high blood pressure.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Jack005(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
Joylove2324:
smiley
Oya asslick your Lord and personal Savior
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by jaytii(f): 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
xcellentgraphic:

From what I read, he's not against restructuring. He specifically tackled the major problem facing this country and it's indeed bigger than restructuring.

Because if the mentality of present and future leaders don't change, these problems won't go away.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
I know this man...
He has always been an idiot

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by dhope: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
IamWonderful:
Very correct, if there is effective management of the available resources, restructuring will be useless, most state don't have much IGR to sustain a state, some will be malnourished and some will be well developed
Who told you this lie? There's no state in Nigeria that can't sustain herself. It's a matter of planning with the resources available at your disposal. Of course it's true that some states will be rich but are we saying all the states in US are equally rich, and does that stop US from existing as a country? If everyone goes on it's own, you will be amazed at the fiscal output that will be generated from each state in short time period.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by sulaak(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
IamWonderful:
Very correct, if there is effective management of the available resources, restructuring will be useless, most states don't have much IGR to sustain a state, some will be malnourished and some will be well developed
How can you have effective management in a structure that allocate the majority of the resources to the least productive region? The least productive regions control the army, politics and economics yet the outcome is insecurity, poverty and underdevelopment in that region.

Restructure Nigeria into six regions will force each region to develop its IGR.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Toks2008(m): 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

He is getting it right.

Yes resource control is another form of retaructurung even if not geographical.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring by Toks2008(m): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
sulaak:

How can you have effective management in a structure that allocate the majority of the resources to the least productive region? The least productive regions control the army, politics and economics yet the outcome is insecurity, poverty and underdevelopment in that region.

Restructure Nigeria into six regions will force each region to develop its IGR.

That is where he got it twisted.

With resource control, no need for regional government so it is still restructuring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Forum Rebukes Tinubu Over "Ready To Get Dirty' Comment / Businessman Killed In Adamawa Suicide Blast While Holding Prayers.Graphic Photos / I'm Not Afraid Of Buhari Government- Ifeanyi Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.