Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana (25598 Views)

Video Of Jerry Rawlings On Hospital Bed Before His Death / Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him / President Nana Akufo-Addo's Outfit To An Event That Has Got Everyone Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by fergie001: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ghanaian President, Akufo-Addo has directed all flags to be flown at half-mast in all parts of the Country, following the death of former President, Jerry Rawlings.

Announcement of the death of former President Rawlings

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12669674_20201112174520_jpegf867f11da736ff2e3ddce1eff302339c

REPUBLIC OF GHANA
7, President 12. November 2020

PRESIDENT AKUFO-ADDO ANNOUNCES THE DEATH OF FORMER PRESIDENT JERRY JOHN RAWLINGS

It is with great sadness that I announce to the nation that the 1. President of the 4. Republic, His Excellency Jerry John Rawlings, has joined his ancestors.

This tragic event occurred at 10:10am on Thursday, 12° November 2020, at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, where the former President was receiving treatment, after a short illness.
I convey the deep sympathies of Government and the people of Ghana to his wife, the former First Lady, Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, the children, and family of the late President, in these difficult times.

I have directed that all national flags should fly at half-mast for the next seven (7) days in all parts of the country, and have declared seven days of national mourning from Friday, 13. November to Friday, 20° November. In honour of the memory of former President Rawlings, the Vice President and I have suspended our political campaigns for same period.

Government will work closely with the family of President Rawlings on the arrangements tote fitting State Funeral for the late President, and will keep the nation informed accordingly.
A great tree has fallen, and Ghana is poorer for this loss.

May his soul rest in perfect peace in the bosom of the Almighty until the Last Day of the Resurrection when we shall meet again. Amen!
Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo President of the Republic

President Nana Addo Akufo-Addo

Buhari, Atiku, Saraki, Lumumba, Others mourn. Condole with Ghana

President @MBuhari sends heartfelt condolences to government and people of Ghana over passing of the country’s former President, Jerry Rawlings, 73, affirming that the entire African continent will sorely miss the sterling qualities of the great leader.

President Buhari believes the passion, discipline and moral strength that the former Ghanaian leader employed to reposition his country over many years continue to reverberate across the continent and beyond.

The President notes, with commendation, the unique role the former President played in strengthening political institutions in his country and Africa, stimulating the economy for sustainable growth, and vociferously championing the African cause by urging many leaders to work towards interdependency on the global stage, especially in areas of competitive advantage.

President Buhari joins family, friends and associates of the former Ghanaian leader in mourning his departure, assuring that the ideas that Rawlings postulated, particularly for development in Africa, and his sacrifices in working in various countries as an envoy for peace and democracy will always be remembered.

The President prays that the almighty God will grant the Ghanaian leader eternal rest, and comfort all his loved ones.

NGR President

Jerry Rawlings was an African giant. His tenure as leader of Ghana remains emblematic with the restoration of that country. Even after office, he stood tall for African unity and renaissance.

He represented a generation of leaders who gave their all for the rebirth of his country and Africa at large. I pray for a pleasant repose of his soul and console with the people of Ghana; his contemporaries and current leaders in Africa on the loss of a worthy patriot.

Atiku Abubakar

From his early days as a young revolutionary, to his later years as a renowned statesman and pan-Africanist, Jerry Rawlings always led from the front and matched his words with his actions.

As we mourn his death, I commiserate with President @NAkufoAddo and our Ghanaian brothers and sisters. It is my prayer that God will grant President Rawlings eternal rest — as we all take solace in his achievements and contributions to the development of a more united continent.

Abubakar Bukola Saraki

I am sad to learn of the demise of President Jerry Rawlings,
a good friend and great man.
Let us honour him by emulating his courage and candour.
JJ,Old Soldiers never die.

~Prof. PLO Lumumba

Prof PLO Lumumba

My heartfelt condolences to Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings and the family, upon the passing of Former President H.E. John Jerry Rawlings of our neighbour-nation Ghana, today. May God grant him eternal and restful peace. Amen

Toyin Saraki

PDP Commiserates With Ghana Over Jerry Rawlings' Death

The @OfficialPDPNig commiserates with the government and people of Ghana over the death of former President Jerry John Rawlings.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12669421_img20201112171623_jpeg2325eb1116a01093e96a031e3d107625

SOURCE

A great tree has fallen. #Africa is the poorer for this loss

#RIPJerryRawlings

Chidi Odinkalu

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Koulture(m): 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
RIP Man.

5 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by bamvik(m): 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
RIP
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by fergie001: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
RIP, The Great Man.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by slawormiir: 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Rest in peace
It is obvious he was a real niggarr

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by FundRaiserNg: 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by November1857(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
[url]flash=420]
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by kasim155: 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
RIP great man, great leader

4 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by EmekaBlue(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
This one all the great men i knew then are getting late and hearing new names coming up which i manage to to even know few of them shows a big sign say i don old o and i never enjoy this earth well. Kai

Rip Rawlings

5 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by prophetfire: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
ONE OF THE FEW LEADERS AFRICA EVER HAD. A PRESIDENT YOU COULD BE PROUD OF. NOT THE BABOON IN ASS-HOLE ROCK.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by pickatyou2: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
7 days mourning.

He was a great man. Not like the fool we have

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by rastaLivity: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
May he find peace, and may his good works be a testament that he walked these earth

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Perfecttouch(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
Africans and their backward mentality..
Say person die, 7 days mourning, he for declare 1 yr mourning na

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by fredoooooo: 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Well deserved .

Another true son of the African soil left this world , REST IN PEACE SIR...
Regards to Thomas sankara , kwame Nkrumah and Patrice Lumumba cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Patrickyemi: 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by oluwasegun007(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ghanaians love this man a lot..

I don't know if there is any former Nigeria president I love because the problem we have today is due to their lack of foresight...

23 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Flexherbal(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Djbond(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
See, maybe I will run away o. I'm tired. I don't want to be put to shame. People think I'm lying that I don't have money to take care of my new born babies

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by GreaterFuture(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
(Edited)
Is Ghana actually Corruption free as at today? With all the "Cleansing" Rawlings did, it ought not to be way ahead of where it is right now.
Corruption has germinated again and it isn't too different from it's Sister African Countries

3 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by 100PercentWork(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
May his soul Rest In Peace

. Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by djflexcy: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
The mighty has fallen
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by constant1960: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
We move to take over
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
7 days
Omo the guy nah legend o

1 Like

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Uzomacharles: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
RIP
Let Me Be Remembered In A Good Way

4 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Enudapan: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Rip
Odogwu in Accra
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Judolisco(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
We need Jerry rawlings in Nigeria he believed in building good moral institutions Ghana was lucky to have him d closest we had was kaduna nzeogwu ... RIP papa j

3 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by ipica: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Was he the man that radicalised Ghana killing all the old and archaic rulers e, t, c just asking
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Osada2: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
RIP Rawlings

Respect Leader

He's a leader and we are waiting for someone to do what he did in Ghana, our prayer must be answered

2 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Dailyhappenings: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
I respect Jerry Rawlings so much. He's always dropping nuggets and he is one of Ghana best presidents yet. As a ghanaians by origin, I can testify.

Here is his last words before he died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKF3rm5HsCE

He was talking about justice. Listen closely to him dropping wise nuggets . Much respect sir. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Asadujames202(m): 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Stupid idiots
Re: Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
7 days is in order.

In fact, they should add more.

Na ten men die so. No be one. The greatest casualty of 2020 for sure.

I am not from that country but I admire that fellow.

I used to have a copy of that 2nd pic on my old phone before I stopped using it.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strong Earthquake Hits Southeastern Taiwan ( Pics, Video) / Russia To Sell Oil, Gas At ‘Any Price Point’ To "Friendly Countries" / Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.