Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,842 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:03 AM

NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre (28774 Views)

NNPCL Pegs Ex-Depot Price At ₦479.50 Per Litre / Petrol Scarcity, Ploy To Hike Price - Marketers / NNPC Raises Kerosene Price Thrice In Two Months - Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2020
tamdun:
I use 3k fuel daily for my business, that's over a million naira annually, if fed govt could give us 24 power supply, I'll gladly pay half of that money for power supply, still a win win for both of us, govt is killing many businesses, maybe na 4k fuel I go dey consume now
You're the loser because you are paying tax the government can't utilize for development such as electricity, good road, security etc. Safe up and leave Nigeria even if it is neighboring Country that allows foreigners to trade. You are losing big. 1 million annually if there's constant electricity you can cut those fuel expenses to medium with electricity bill and expand your business, make more profits.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by ablejesus26(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:
It's good, I guess all those that rejected Goodluck Jonathan and his #87 fuel will have a special zombie filling station where they will be buying at #40 if they prove they voted Buharri grin

You know well aswear

but seriosly for how long shall we continue to blame poeple for voting their choice
bside you wont take off the fact dat jona take style Bleep up small

werey guy them go show prove of vote buy rice 1bag #7000

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by lamentor78(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2020
Babaibe:
Where is 2023 oooooo. Buhari and APC must goooooooooooooooooo. PDP no way. Constitutional review must be the first agenda on any political party that will emerge. Otherwise , we should separate.kilodeeeee
...and election day will come and you will sit at home
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Caleb4001(m): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2020
grin

All I know is it's always darkest before dawn... Na their time our turn go soon reach
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Minjim: 8:29am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:
It's good, I guess all those that rejected Goodluck Jonathan and his #87 fuel will have a special zombie filling station where they will be buying at #40 if they prove they voted Buharri grin

Chai!
You've not gotten over it.

Even Get had moved on

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by taiwog700: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2020
Can u pls explain better author=SocialJustice post=95985795]Better to buy it expensive and it is easily available compared to fake N87 that was mostly scarce and people still had to buy at black market rate of N120 after enduring long queues. [/quote]
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by phkka1(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2020
Next level please....
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by GreenArrow1(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2020
Foolishmasses:
I don't know when, but the surest thing be say the next protests will turn bloody. It will be a perfection from the errors accrued from last one.

Dear FG, you can kindly sell to us #500 per litre, na your time, make good use of it. Our time dey come even though it's still crawling.

Exactly! That's what is coming. A very bloody protest.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Zetty177x: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2020
Jonathan ruled well una nor accept..afonja then supported Fulanis...I beg let's enjoy the suffering together. God de laugh all of una. Wicked slaves

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2020
bigfish3k:

You lie
There was no fuel scarcity during Jonathan apart from the first two weeks after he lost elections and every where was still tensed

Actualy there WAS fuel scarcity during GEJ's regime.....well well...and no, it wasn't because of bad governance (I have been driving since 2009....so I knows these things).

Infact, in 2013, there was bad scarcity, as well as 2014 (where i was on a queue for eight hours in July)...and even before and after elections in 2015

The reason why? Subsidies.

In 2012 GEJ raised prices of fuel from N65 to N140 .At the time, fuel cost 99 naira to import.

Protests orchestrated by Labour and the opposition brought prices down to N97....while import prices of fuel continued to go up.

By 2013....prices of fuel in most parts of nIGERIA were above the official prices....and the cost of subsidising fuel was going up (from N2 naira per liter to N35 PER Liter in 2015.) And evne then, many marketers were having difficulty balancing their books...so they orchestrated artificial scarcity....also GEJ had problems paying subsidy....which meant scarcity more frequently

Scarcity continued under Buhari till 2017 when he made NNPC the sole importer of fuel, mande NNPC pay the subsidy cost of the fuel from their pockets, and paid off the outstanding subsidy claims from 2013.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by echelonfashion(m): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2020
Hike in PMS & Food price is a remediated agenda to frustrate people. Hungry people won't have strength to rebel against d govt.
#soro soke

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Zetty177x: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2020
I'm thinking aloud...God u dont allow the wicked to rule for too long. Abachas own was like 5yrs. This one don pass 5 years. Father act now

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by lamentor78(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=gaetano post=95985160] There's nothing more i can do but laugh grin grin. Afonja peeps supported this empty cow over Jona, the way this economic hardship is going round is so sweeting me. Lmao. We weren't having it so good during jona's time but we were okay but now, we have food inflation, multiple taxation, border closure, abuse of human right, we can't even protest, baba is negotiating with actual terrorists while tagging protesters terrorists. Afonja una done see una handwork. Lmao grin[/quote
You are part of Nigeria problem, Ibos and SS people always blame SW for bringing Buhari whereas the votes PDP got in SW is more than that of SE, bunch of useless people, that is why they can't rule Nigeria, Umahi dump PDP thinking they will give him ticket let us wait and see
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by just2endowed: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2020
GroundnutSoup9:
Meanwhile the lifeless one dey compare price of fuel for Saudi and other countries to the zoo own with minimum wage of less than $100 . undecided

#endbadgovernance

That was the highest clueless of his thinking. He didn't compare min wage

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by anonymous1759(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Even if we slash the salaries of the NA, and gvernors. At best, we can raise N1 trillion . Someone told me it costs N2 trillion to subsidise fuel. If not more.

It won't be enough.

Bro forget that thing these men inflate budget and loot the funds . Do you think Nigeria will be in this mess today if all the money we've made has been used judiciously without looting ? If all the money Stolen were in the Economy automatically industries will be built employment will increase that's more tax. IGR will increase.

Kogi wants to impose tax on Bread , students and unemployed are paying taxes , stamp duties as Long you're running an account you're taxed that's nonsense. Don't be surprised if we cut down the excesses it'll be enough to subsidize fuel . Try to visit one the these political parties Conventions and come back to quote me if your eyes will not fizzles out . You'll see luxury at It's peak .

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Zetty177x: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Actualy there WAS fuel scarcity during GEJ's regime.....well well...and no, it wasn't because of bad governance (I have been driving since 2009....so I knows these things).

Infact, in 2013, there was bad scarcity, as well as 2014 (where i was on a queue for eight hours in July)...and even before and after elections in 2015

The reason why? Subsidies.

In 2012 GEJ raised prices of fuel from N65 to N140 .At the time, fuel cost 99 naira to import.

Protests orchestrated by Labour and the opposition brought prices down to N97....while import prices of fuel continued to go up.

By 2013....prices of fuel in most parts of nIGERIA were above the official prices....and the cost of subsidising fuel was going up (from N2 naira per liter to N35 PER Liter in 2015.) And evne then, many marketers were having difficulty balancing their books...so they orchestrated artificial scarcity....also GEJ had problems paying subsidy....which meant scarcity more frequently

Scarcity continued under Buhari till 2017 when he made NNPC the sole importer of fuel, mande NNPC pay the subsidy cost of the fuel from their pockets, and paid off the outstanding subsidy claims from 2013.

What are you trying to say with this epistle

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by excel101(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2020
This is the hallmark of an indiscipline and irresponsible and insensitive Govt. we have in Nigeria today. May God deliver us.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by krownie: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2020
Funny enough when we adjust to this price they'll increase it... South Shout to say Baba
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 13, 2020
Zetty177x:

What are you trying to say with this epistle

I'll explain with this example

I am selling coke at N100 a botte...having bought it at N70 a bottle.

Government steps in, tells me to sell it at N50 A bottle....meaning a loss of N20 a bottle for me

But all hope is not loss..government is paying me a subsidy of N7 per bottle...meaning my loss is now N12 a bottle.

To balance my books...I

1.sELL COKE on the black market at N200 per bottle for a MONTH...while i tell people who come in to my shop to buy N50 coke that it is not avialable

2.Smuggle coke to Benin republic where it sells at N250 per liter and make some money in partenership with Jean, my benenois friend

Even then, I am not making enough profit to paY THE wholesaler...who in turn cannot pay the manufacturer....

Apply this to our petrolem industry....and you will see why subsidy is bad.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Mrquote: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2020
gaetano:
There's nothing more i can do but laugh grin grin. Afonja peeps supported this empty cow over Jona, the way this economic hardship is going round is so sweeting me. Lmao. We weren't having it so good during jona's time but we were okay but now, we have food inflation, multiple taxation, border closure, abuse of human right, we can't even protest, baba is negotiating with actual terrorists while tagging protesters terrorists. Afonja una done see una handwork. Lmao grin
Bro don't bring tribalism to this now is it all the southwest tbat voted for him.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by SmartPolician: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2020
Openbusiness:
The funniest JOKE of the century: APC still believes they can contest and win 2023 Presidential Elections grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. I swear, even d dog wey dey my street, if dey put the dog for ballot, he go defeat any bastard candidate that APC presents. Useless devil party

They will rig the election
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by mamotalk: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2020
Buhari is good.
Sai baba 2023

We die hia.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by mytalentlyng: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2020
Why do we love to complain in this country?
You all voted for change and now the change is here and complains follow.
Eti ri nkan kan, buhari is still warming up
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by hotseat: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2020
Buhari, ride on!

We give God the glory that you were given the opportunity to rule this country so as to expose yourself as an unmitigated disaster.

Some of us believed you would be a replica of J.J.Rawlings who transformed Ghana to where Nigerians are flocking to today.

Buhari will go down in history as the most mindless, visionless, callous and evil leader Nigeria ever had.

Philosophically, he may think he has played a fast one on Nigerians but he is actually the victim. He will leave office come 2023 willy nilly and then his place in history will be a putrid baggage of anomie.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by sameks08(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2020
Aba is selling 250# this morning
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Mokason288(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2020
gaetano:
There's nothing more i can do but laugh grin grin. Afonja peeps supported this empty cow over Jona, the way this economic hardship is going round is so sweeting me. Lmao. We weren't having it so good during jona's time but we were okay but now, we have food inflation, multiple taxation, border closure, abuse of human right, we can't even protest, baba is negotiating with actual terrorists while tagging protesters terrorists. Afonja una done see una handwork. Lmao grin
The saddest part is that Afonja are still ready to vote this Animal in human skin twice again because they believe he will hand over to an Afonja

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Cti28(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

All our neighbours pay N300 and above for fuel.

Among oil produers, only Algeria, Sudan, and Venezuela pay lower than we do for fuel...and Sudan is considering a price increase. Algeria produces five times more crude than we do for a population less than 50 million, and Venezuela is running its savings down to pay for the subsidies
You are not making sense
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2020
AerialMapper:
LOL

Sai Baba!

Abeg somebody should remind me why the streets were occupied that year!

Another person should remind me of the campaign promise that year

I am all for deregulation BUT where are the subsidy savings going to? Look around abuja and tell me the names of new petrol stations popping up everywhere. MRS, AYM Shafa, Shema... abeg what do they have in common?

You got this absolutely spot on.. the rate at which I see those stations springing up ehn.. especially AYM and Shema
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by tnerro1(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2020
You said you have implemented subsidy removal, yet the price of fuel in Lagos is the same as the price of fuel in Kano, katsina and others in the north, yet the fuel comes through Lagos ports and then gets transported to the north. There is still subsidy, only it’s the north that is benefiting
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by proclinician: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2020
effty:
What legacy will Buhari leave after office?

cc: helinues sarrki officialgarri arrewa

You just made a list of very stupid bastards.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Mayng01(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2020
That cow man in aso rock is a beast & a bastard cow. What an effrontery! It shall never be well with him & his generation. Revolution loading
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by proclinician: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

All our neighbours pay N300 and above for fuel.

Among oil produers, only Algeria, Sudan, and Venezuela pay lower than we do for fuel...and Sudan is considering a price increase. Algeria produces five times more crude than we do for a population less than 50 million, and Venezuela is running its savings down to pay for the subsidies

What is the minimum wage and standard of living for your neighbors fool.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me / 2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo Dancing In Competition They Won't Take Part In - Kperogi / APC And Their Laughable Deceptions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.