Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? (29393 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by SpicyMimi(f): 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
I prayed and when I met him, I was convinced by the Holy Spirit instantly that he is the one for me...I was super excited cheesy
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by PremzY002(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2020
amamahdaniel:

Your word is touching. I feel your pain.

But for me. Have been dating this lady for a year and some months now.

I think I trust her, because I have hack into her Facebook account severely time to see those she chat with or if I will find any flaws. Am surprised she hardly chat with people. That's not enough, I always check her whatsap. I find nothing criminating.

During this pandemic I lost my job but her work was stable because she is work in a pharmacy. She gave me money for up keep till am able to get a job though I was shy at first but sometimes things like this do happen.
All this are sigh this lady is the best for me. I was surprised when she gave me her Facebook password some months ago not knowing have been checking it.

What more did I want from a woman.. I never believed good lady do exist until I meet her.

In summary, I can no. Plan on o settle down with you if I don't have access to your Facebook account or whatsap.. Because that's the area most lady do shit..

You see,

One out of 10 million guys are usually lucky

You are that lucky guy in the 'one out of the 10milion'

1 Like

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by SILENTandSMART2: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2020

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by longetivity(m): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
ibechris:

U dont want too marry and I have helped u to bind it.
It's just so easy to say what u can't do,after all,no one is forcing u to marry.
I don't need ur binding
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2020
I heard a small voice, like wispering to my ears, after I spoke with her on phone
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Janosky: 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2020
JohnspeakU:
Good Day Everyone!!

There has been so many teachings on how to know that the person you’re dating or admiring is the one for you. Some people believe that you must get to date them for some time before you know but I’m of the opinion that when a man sees or converse with a woman for the first time he should know if he has found a wife or just another girlfriend �‍♂️

This question is also for the ladies to answer too.
So dear married people (male & female), when did you know that he or she was the one for you? And how did you know?

Please your contribution will help the unmarried to avoid marrying wrongly.

He who finds a good wife has obtained favor from Yahweh.
If you are conversant with your Bible, in Genesis find out how Isaac found his wife, Rebecca.
Psalms 66:18-20.. Matthew 7:7,8.
Prayerfully apply same principles, it works.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by dave4rella(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
Started during our university days, I was dating a girl which everyone knows, so she came visiting my her girlfriend in my lodge and came to my room with her girlfriend to charge phone
I don't know what moved me to chat with her and ask her where she's from.
Jokingly we exchanged numbers, called her the next day and we met and talked (mind you I had a serious girlfriend next compound)
As times goes by, anytime I try to avoid her, I will end up seeing her that exact place..
These continued until we went for Nysc, I served somewhere in the east and her in the north.
One day she called me and asked me if she can count me as a partner, it was funny and I blatantly refused, she kept pressing on until the one day, I woke up and read a text from her, it occurred to me that she's the one, I prayed about it and gave her a shot, today we are happily together and she has been amazing, hardworking, supports me, fears God, Infact a blessing. She does a Bank Job and still manages to process and send one of the food stuff I sell to the east from far north..
We are engaged and will be walking down the isle by October 2021

3 Likes

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by akaahs(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
amamahdaniel:

Your word is touching. I feel your pain.

But for me. Have been dating this lady for a year and some months now.

I think I trust her, because I have hack into her Facebook account severely time to see those she chat with or if I will find any flaws. Am surprised she hardly chat with people. That's not enough, I always check her whatsap. I find nothing criminating.

During this pandemic I lost my job but her work was stable because she is work in a pharmacy. She gave me money for up keep till am able to get a job though I was shy at first but sometimes things like this do happen.
All this are sigh this lady is the best for me. I was surprised when she gave me her Facebook password some months ago not knowing have been checking it.

What more did I want from a woman.. I never believed good lady do exist until I meet her.

In summary, I can no. Plan on o settle down with you if I don't have access to your Facebook account or whatsap.. Because that's the area most lady do shit..

can u please show me How to hack into a lover account please.?
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by jojothaiv(m): 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2020
grin

Na our 'See Finish' generation bring this 'Soulmate' thing and the thing dey make relationship experts and MOG cash out big time anyway...

We Go Dey Observe Una Cappings,

1 Like

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Offpoint1: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
FinanceHub:

We provide loans of up to 100K to first time applicants however you must be a salary earner and be resident in Lagos to benefit.

If you need more details please contact us through the following email address

financeandloanshub@gmail.com
I'm not a salary earner, but paying back is guaranteed.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
femi4:
When you re compatible and complementary financially, academically, socially and spiritually

#KEYWORDS
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Marybrit(f): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2020
that's a lie joor...maybe most ladies but definitely not all.
Seyzcham91:
Truth is ladies don't know when Him(men) are the one for them, They just wanna get married to someone cuz of alot of factors ranging from

societal pressure
Parent pressure
it's we men that that the post should be for, cuz we the one that decide whether She(ladies) is the one for us or not
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Ovo04(m): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2020
longetivity:
well I am not married and I will never marry, I have many girls that wants to be my babymama cool

You’re the price bro. Keep up the energy.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Seyzcham91(m): 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2020
okay but not a lie since you said yourself that maybe most ladies. no definitely not a lie but a fact
Marybrit:
that's a lie joor...maybe most ladies but definitely not all.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by thejourney200: 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
By our second conversation, I was convinced. She is very intelligent and her words are seasoned. Although, in between I had concerns because of her family. She is from a very close family where they all get involved in each others business which I found strange. I am from a very close knot family but my discussion with my siblings remains with that sibling. Occasionally, if it seems the other party can't handle what we discuss, the person may involve a third person however, with one's permission but hers seem the opposite. They involve one another without permission. We are getting better in marriage many times with me acting I'm not concerned and she not disclosing our family.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Emeka71(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2020
Zzor:
its Just a dream I've been having lately
Nice one.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by ttmax09(m): 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
PremzY002:
I could have been among those commenting boldly here (being married).

But I made the greatest mistake of my life.

You see....

We were the perfect match.

Our love was divine.

She promised me eternal loyalty.

I felt like a king.

Yes of course....! I could take a bullet for her.

All these changed the day I went through her Facebook chat (not whatsapp ).

I discovered that I was nearly her '13th sweetheart'

That her veejay (hole between her legs) was running a 'feed the nation' program.

Anyway, I would marry blindly or by recommendation.

'Love' can go to hell cos it's a scam.

Hopefully, what I get might be 'the one' destined by heaven.

But if it's not, I'd simply endure till I get my 4th kid.

Then divorce the jezebel.

PLEASE...!!!

If you truly love your woman, NEVER open her Facebook messenger chats.
that's my fear bro, wanna get married but I'm scared don't want a lady with a bad past and reputation. I'm honestly confused here.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2020
ttmax09:
that's my fear bro, wanna get married but I'm scared don't want a lady with a bad past and reputation. I'm honestly confused here.

Gud criteria. same as mine, I only consider guys with good history. He must have a with decent past I can't entangle myself with consequences of anyones past deeds.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by ttmax09(m): 11:36am On Nov 18, 2020
iamloyalty:

Gud criteria. same as mine, I only consider guys with good history. He must have a with decent past I can't entangle myself with consequences of anyones past deeds.
Coming from a lady, I'm quite surprised. Never settle for less your criterias are valid, I'm sure you ve found the one that tick all your boxes. Wishing you the best.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
ttmax09:
Coming from a lady, I'm quite surprised. Never settle for less your criterias are valid, I'm sure you ve found the one that tick all your boxes. Wishing you the best.

Thanks. Wish you same.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
JohnspeakU:
Good Day Everyone!!

There has been so many teachings on how to know that the person you’re dating or admiring is the one for you. Some people believe that you must get to date them for some time before you know but I’m of the opinion that when a man sees or converse with a woman for the first time he should know if he has found a wife or just another girlfriend �‍♂️

This question is also for the ladies to answer too.
So dear married people (male & female), when did you know that he or she was the one for you? And how did you know?

Please your contribution will help the unmarried to avoid marrying wrongly.

I proposed to my would-be wife two weeks after we first met and our marriage has been a blessing ever since.

I wouldn't recommend a specific time-frame to anyone though. I do not think there is any one great time period to propose. It is short for some and long for others though I would not advise anyone to take too long to propose. If you are in a relationship that is going nowhere, you should know in the first 6 months if you are sincere with yourself.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by MrHighSea: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
dave4rella:
Started during our university days, I was dating a girl which everyone knows, so she came visiting my her girlfriend in my lodge and came to my room with her girlfriend to charge phone
Jokingly we exchanged numbers, called her the next day and we met and talked (mind you I had a serious girlfriend next compound)
As times goes by, anytime I try to avoid her, I will end up seeing her that exact place..
These continued until we went for Nysc, I served somewhere in the east and her in the north.
One day she called me and asked me if she can count me as a partner, it was funny and I blatantly refused, she kept pressing on until the one day, I woke up and read a text from her, it occurred to me that she's the one, I prayed about it and gave her a shot, today we are happily together and she has been amazing, hardworking, supports me, fears God, Infact a blessing. She does a Bank Job and still manages to process and send one of the food stuff I sell to the east from far north..
When you say engaged, that is, you've gone for INTRODUCTIONS
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by MrHighSea: 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Emanodimo:
What do you miss most about your old life; that is, before you became a traditional ruler?

Early, I started staying away from women. In fact, their lives pissed me off. I only had a girlfriend when I lived in Calabar (in Cross River State). I sat the Standard Six Certificate examination there. Calabar had a stadium where festivals were held and it also served as a cinema. She liked us to attend such festivals together. She would book for our tickets. When I came back to Nnewi, during my students’ union days, I ran into another one who requested money from me to buy a photo album. I told her I didn’t have money and the relationship ended there.

So, in the real sense of it, I didn’t have a girlfriend the way people have girlfriends these days. I lived in Kano and had no girlfriend. All I did as a youth was to take care of myself, cook for myself and read. I had no business with women. Unfortunately, this generation is funny. Today’s men are milked dry by women. When you give them money, your energy and time, you are wasting and killing yourself gradually.

The moment u can separate the seed from the shaft in this narrative by
some of us still get small sense.
truth is, this days one is stigmatized for being celibate or in a monogamous r/ship.
therefore, we lose some people/friends.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by MrHighSea: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
tempusfugit:
We met on facebook 4 years ago, she was 21 then, I was 25, she never had a boyfriend before me, during our courtship, the perception between two of us was like, we were married already, we just had to make it official, I didn't propose, there was no need, I just told her let make it official, last year October, we did our court wedding , this year February, we did our traditional and white wedding. Just the fact she never had any heartbroken from any man pumps my heart of great pleasure and happiness, I ll make sure, it remains like that!!!
btw October and Feb.
Just point torchlight for whr you pack the money.
Babe dey. love dey. money nada nada

congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by ireneidiva(f): 4:34am On Nov 19, 2020
dave4rella:
Aisle not 'isle'.

2 Likes

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Yoighaman(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
akeensbussy:

2011, I jokingly wrote on a platform called nairalist that I need a serious lady for a relationship that will lead to marriage. She was the only person that replied my message with her number.

I called her and went to see her at Surulere. We chatted and I left. After a week my phone rang, boom she was the one calling and she said I have not call her since I left her place. I told her I was busy at work.

She came to my house by weekend and since that day she became my wife. never went back home till after 2 months she was pregnant. I told her to go inform her parent, That I am ready to marry her.

9 years still counting with three 3kidz. we are still enjoying ourself.

Your story is interesting and got me; I love both courageous women and gutsy men but your wife emerged the MVP here.

Please send my warm regards, tell her she's got a fan on Nairaland.

I wish the both of you many more years of blissful marriage.

Cheers bro.

2 Likes

Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by bukatyne(f): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
chatinent:

Common sense took you to court and needs its alimony.

Hahahahahahahahaaha!
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Munzy14(m): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
thejourney200:
By our second conversation, I was convinced. She is very intelligent and her words are seasoned. Although, in between I had concerns because of her family. She is from a very close family where they all get involved in each others business which I found strange. I am from a very close knot family but my discussion with my siblings remains with that sibling. Occasionally, if it seems the other party can't handle what we discuss, the person may involve a third person however, with one's permission but hers seem the opposite. They involve one another without permission. We are getting better in marriage many times with me acting I'm not concerned and she not disclosing our family.
Your story good, abeg what happened to the girl u were dating before she come charm you..cheesy

Av been in that situation before, where I am in a relationship, but met a sweet girl.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by U1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2020
ireneidiva:
Aisle not 'isle'.
Prof, prof! grin
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by thejourney200: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
Munzy14:

Your story good, abeg what happened to the girl u were dating before she come charm you..cheesy

Av been in that situation before, where I am in a relationship, but met a sweet girl.

As at when we met, I want dating anyone and for all I cared then, I wasn't sure I was interested in dating. She was my third girlfriend. The first one lasted a while but we had differences that were very pronounced both on personal and family fronts. The second was less than a month because she said her pastor said no.

There were a few I was interested in however, they never wanted more than friendship. I guess it was just the right person at the right time. We have our differences on personal and family grounds Horace, both families are okay with both mothers becoming good friends now.

Our major differences stems from upbringing. I was raised to be independent and my parents need not know my next line of action while she is the reverse. We have been coping with both parties making necessary adjustments.
Re: To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? by Munzy14(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
thejourney200:

As at when we met, I want dating anyone and for all I cared then, I wasn't sure I was interested in dating. She was my third girlfriend. The first one lasted a while but we had differences that were very pronounced both on personal and family fronts. The second was less than a month because she said her pastor said no.

There were a few I was interested in however, they never wanted more than friendship. I guess it was just the right person at the right time. We have our differences on personal and family grounds Horace, both families are okay with both mothers becoming good friends now.

Our major differences stems from upbringing. I was raised to be independent and my parents need not know my next line of action while she is the reverse. We have been coping with both parties making necessary adjustments.
Good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos / Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.