Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another (1841 Views)

Reduction Of Company Registration Fees Approved By FG / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria / Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by tonyobiora(m): 5:02am On Mar 17, 2011
pls, does anyoneknow what it takes to change companyregistration with CAC from a business name to a private liability company ?
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by pastort1(m): 6:54am On Mar 18, 2011
1. Name search - attach a copy of the certificate
2. If the name is ok, then you will prepare your Memo & Article of Ass
3. Obtain and fill forms
4. Stamp duty
5. Filling
6. Wait for your certificate and other papers

Can assist if you want. 08023153739
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by omogidi234(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2011
pastor t:

1. Name search - attach a copy of the certificate
2. If the name is ok, then you will prepare your Memo & Article of backside
3. Obtain and fill forms
4. Stamp duty
5. Filling
6. Wait for your certificate and other papers

Can assist if you want. 08023153739

Sir,  I perceived you meant filing (No.5)- that is the next process when you pick the MEMART from the FIRS. Filing a document is very well different from Filling a document.

@ Poster, please note that changing from business name to LTD is like you are registering a LTD company afresh, you will be subjected to the same procedure. The only advantage is that the name is guaranteed (most times 80%). In between please note that you have to file annual returns.

Best Regards.
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by ajadekoil(m): 8:35am On Apr 07, 2011
Pls help me,i want to register a ltd coy, dat will coffer atleast 5 coy, like general merchant.give me prosedure and price,
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by omogidi234(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2011
ajadek oil:

Pls help me,i want to register a ltd coy, dat will coffer atleast 5 coy, like general merchant.give me prosedure and price,

@ Poster,

I guess you are referring to group of companies and/or holdings. The first step is to register 1 (one) company, you could now start registering the other 4 (four) companies with one similar name.
If the first company is AJADEK OIL LTD,
the 2nd could be AJADEK INTEGRATED SERVICES LTD,
the 3rd could be AJADEK HOMES NIGERIA LTD,
the fourth could be AJADEK ELECTRONIC/ELECTRICAL INTERNATIONAL LTD
the fifth could be AJADEK CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD and the list is endless.

After you must have registered the fifth company, you can now apply to CAC to have all of the companies as one holding.

For more explanation you could holla me at kleandenation@yahoo.ca

Best regards.
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by ajadekoil(m): 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
Tanks very much.bt pls how much 4 eah.and long could take.tanks
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by VIPICO(m): 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2011
Interesting and helpful post. Pls lets try and continue it here we all can benefit; the emailing can wait. Thanks
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by omogidi234(m): 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
ajadek oil:

Tanks very much.bt pls how much 4 eah.and long could take.tanks

The procedure is much as has been ennunciated by one of the earlier posters but permit me to expantiate.

1. You submit name for availability- it takes between 24 hours to 1 week. The oline portal is down at the moment so we have to go to the nearest CAC to do that.

2. Preparing memo & articles- this depends on how fast you deliver the object and other info needed to prepare this.

3. Filing for stamp duty at FIRS- It takes 5 working days but you can speed it up at an extra cost.

4. Filing at CAC- it takes minimum of 2 weeks and maximum of 4 weeks if there are issues/query.

The whole process can be completed within 3 working days depending on the support from the promoters via the speed and extra fund.

When the company is finally registered you will have:

A memo, certificate and certified forms.

Now for the price, CAC has not fixed the price, so individual who are accredited with CAC fix his/her own price. For the price you could leave your e-mail address so that I can mail if you are not willing to mail.

Best regards.
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by omogidi234(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2011
Please MOD,

Can't seem to find the last post of yesterday.

Best regards.
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by omogidi234(m): 8:56pm On May 16, 2011
Hi all,

Please ensure your annual returns is filed up till 2010 oh! I learnt that CAC has compiled list of registered companies that are yet to comply. They do this ("SHAKARA"wink every year to rake in money. Any company that fails to file annual returns shall be given a notice and at the expiration of the notice same shall be de-registered. So please don't be caught unawares.
Re: Changing From One Type Of Company Registration To Another by Tolujoseph(m): 11:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
Regville Associates is proud to be Nigeria’s foremost company registration firm. What makes Regville distinctive and different is that not only will they help you register your company they will help you get necessary documents that your bank requires to open a corporate bank account at NO EXTRA COST.
For further details visit www.regville.com

(1) (Reply)

Which Profitable Business Can I Start With 100k / Residual Income / Free E-book On How To Make Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.