Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python (84604 Views)

Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Bride Price Was Paid, Says Her Husband Is A Scam / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Discovering That Her Husband-to-be Is Married / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Gkemz: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2020
blazepascal:
I no no why we pple dey worship snake even for my syd idemmili we dey worship am

The lady is not yet ready to marry. I'm from Idemili and yes we are not allowed to kill serpent (eke) not snake. It can only be removed with a stick. However I see no reason this will stop a marriage except there's something else she's not telling us.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by lascos912(m): 8:01am On Nov 14, 2020
lala must pay for the damage
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by obafemi07066(m): 8:02am On Nov 14, 2020
Also happen in one village in imo state awo mama
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by mariahAngel(f): 8:05am On Nov 14, 2020
Munzy14:

Ndi yoruba e me go gi adopt na....cheesy

Anyi ga a bia nara ha balance....grin

njaba is a local government in IMO state, under orlu zone.

Gbalia na lota ulo o...Before gi chefuo route o..cheesy

Hahahahahahahahahahahakikikikikiki grin grin grin

Anula'm

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by JuanDeDios: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2020
Kamdil:
I came from a background were my grand parents worshipped snake ,and each time we go home the snake comes out just like she narrated.

[B]But the question should be, is her fiance involve in the snake worship? Is yes, then she took the right step. But if no, then she acted unwisely.[b]

Everyone of us came from a background where such idolatry practise existed so whats her problem? Her own family have theirs too
Why is it the right step to avoid mayyring a snake worshipper?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Amiano(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2020
The worship of snake is a common thing in the south East and some communities in South south, I left Uli in 2006 because i hate the sight of snaks especially after an incident that happened in my street then, where a big python regarded by the villagers as the biggest python in the village visited a title man in his compound and the man died 7 days later. I just can't imagine myself relating with a snake as a friend talk more of worshiping it
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by mariahAngel(f): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2020
Munzy14:

Ndi yoruba e me go gi adopt na....cheesy

Anyi ga a bia nara ha balance....grin

njaba is a local government in IMO state, under orlu zone.

Gbalia na lota ulo o...Before gi chefuo route o..cheesy

I ma ihe m choro I ma ugbua? Achorom I ma onye asiri laikiri ma kekwa komenti gi ahu grin
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Kamdil: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2020
JuanDeDios:

Why is it the right step to avoid mayyring a snake worshipper?
if she is a Christian, she can't marry a traditionalist.so,that is a right Step
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by SirVintageCock: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2020
blazepascal:
I no no why we pple dey worship snake even for my syd idemmili we dey worship am
You are a kid. Idemili does not worship any damn python for crying out loud.
It is the mildest form and nonvenomous python that can only be seen mainly in the rainforests. The ancient recognized it's nonvenomous nature and decided not to waste their time with. Now, kids are ascribing "worship" to it embarassed embarassed Terrible.

UNESCO should as a matter of urgency declare it as an endangered specie before this overzealous religious fanatics exterminate it out of existence.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by jimter44(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2020
gunners160:
she is not serious for marriage. when she is serious she will stop that childish act of hers. I guess she is still young and has time on her side that is why she wants to cancel the marriage
Every tribe has one of too fetish practice, she should stop acting like a child
Traditions that are absurd to christinity have to be discarded.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by RPirez: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2020
The comments I read here on NL say a whole lot why Nigeria is where it is today.

Just imagine how everyone on here is blaming the lady and justifying some useless traditions especially the Igbos on here. angry. Yet, they're the ones that claim to be 98% Christians. undecided

The problems of Nigeria are more than just bad leadership. The people are 95% of the problems.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Jimneighbour: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Some fulls are already insulting her because it is their tribe, some are already saying the marriage/Shiloh nonsense, one even said she dey date alhaji,

How some peeps reason baffles me, can't she hate what she hates, if she said she ain't getting married to the fiancé again, it is her choice, is it by force? If I was the one, in the middle of the night, I'll kill that snake and nothing will happen.
my dear something will happen oo
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by JuanDeDios: 8:33am On Nov 14, 2020
Kamdil:
if she is a Christian, she can't marry a traditionalist.so,that is a right Step
If she's a Christian. You should have added that then. But some Christians do marry traditionalists.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Slurity(m): 8:39am On Nov 14, 2020
This must be in Ivo local government in Eboyin state. They even have to come to NYSC CAMP to warn us not to try kill any shame before deployment from the camp. Traditionally, the snakes are their dead ancestors
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Slurity(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2020
Gkemz:

The lady is not yet ready to marry. I'm from Idemili and yes we are not allowed to kill serpent (eke) not snake. It can only be removed with a stick. However I see no reason this will stop a marriage except there's something else she's not telling us.
It is a weird tradition to cohabit with a dangerous animal that other people hate and kill, so please see reason why that can affect getting married. I personally will not marry a woman from that believe, NEVER. The bible said God put enmity between man and serpent and yet your tradition doing the opposite and you don't see anything wrong in it

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2020
pocohantas:
You stopped marriage plans because you were stopped from killing a python for cultural reasons?

Culture apart, why would you be angry you were stopped from killing a non-venomous snake? A harmless python that can’t even constrict a doll. Empty coconut head!!
. some ladies are daft,I hate to imagine an individual that can't think right, kudos to you,I always look forward to see ur comments on the topics here
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by NoToPile: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2020
Opistorincos:

I believe you're referring to the Alapa descendants. The snakes no longer turn up. Everybody don born again.

Ehen really? coz I head of that story too, I think I heared yhe town was somewhere in Ondo can't really remember the state now. I mentally noted it as a small child ,they said that the snakes will come and surround the new born and leave. God forbid bad thing .

@topic lots of hypocrites here, the lady is not comfortable with a culture of having snake visitors and she left, shikena she had a choice

I would NEVER marry into such culture too, let them keep honoring the snake and they will be claiming they are Christians while there is something they revere so much and can't touch, apart from animal rights/ extinction there shouldnt be any reason not to kill a snake and we know their reason is not because of animal whatever, there is a SPIRITUAL reason behind it.

How will python come and greet visitor?

People should ask questions about the cultures they marry to no be to dey eat shawama and taking selfies up and down.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Ene33(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2020
[quote author=ThreeBlackBird post=96012543]
What manner of useless culture romances serpents? Lol...

She should rush into what she doesn't understand, don't mind the useless people
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by ukotmi: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Kosoco:
The Sacred Eke Atamiri.... Lady you are not ready to marry yet
You must be from Uli, Ihiala or Amorka
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Kamdil: 9:07am On Nov 14, 2020
JuanDeDios:

If she's a Christian. You should have added that then. But some Christians do marry traditionalists.
I said ' is her fiance is involve in the snake worship, if yes, then she took the right step.

Any Christian that marries a traditionalist isnt a good christian but just a church goer.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by rockyh(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2020
azmanaty2:

Oga, that people tie white wrappers at night at river banks does not mean they worship python. Some are there for various sacrifices and all that. Even people that attends sabbath also does that.
they are snake worshippers
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by dave4rella(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2020
Followed my guy to his village for xmas
And saw the same snake..

I left the same day.. I can't deal abeg
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by PreyingMantis(m): 9:43am On Nov 14, 2020
pocohantas:
You stopped marriage plans because you were stopped from killing a python for cultural reasons?

Culture apart, why would you be angry you were stopped from killing a non-venomous snake? A harmless python that can’t even constrict a doll. Empty coconut head!!
Nne kedu? We don't have any known fetishes or taboos where I come from... If you see a python, you're free to kill, roast and post pictures of the gruesome murder on Nairaland.

I think we should consider getting married...
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by SAMBARRY: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2020
Kosoco:
No be that creature is Harmless in that culture... Nobody worships snake but they don’t kill them either because it’s a culture norm.
a thing that is food in one place is an abomination in another place and as a Christian idolatry is an abomination in the sight of God talk more of snake worship.you cannot serve God and God's creation.it is an abomination. the story sef is even nauseating my spirit lipsrsealed
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by SAMBARRY: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2020
Jadeng:

Exactly!
When you marry a person, you marry the entire family and you become part of whatever sprirts they serve!
That's why you must be spiritually alert!

Dont mind the fools .

Nigerians are more interested in wedding than marriage

After now when she's dreaming of snake or they tell her to worship snake before she can birth the same people pushing her to marry will say who send you message make you go marry into a demonic family.na them go dey make jest of her

It's better for you as a woman to know what you are doing and what you want before the Nigerian society put load wey no be your own for your head.it will even shock her that after they put wahala for her head sef the man will step back.abeggiiii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
Nigerians eh!
Very hypocritical,

Today, they're animal activists, tomorrow animal wants to kill them.

Let me see anyone who will form animal activist in this NairaLand again.

I've no business with any woman who doesn't respect or takes my cultural heritage for granted.
When you say Nigerians are animal activists, you want me to believe all Nigerians are the same. That's very unreasonable.

People can choose to be who they want irrespective of their nationality. "Nigerians" is not a single person and no single person speaks for all Nigerians. So next time you see a Nigerian animal activist, know it's their choice and they don't speak for others.

That said, a woman should have no business with you if your strange culture doesn't sit well with her spirit. Find another girl in your village who you both share the same weirdness. Stop making it seem you're doing her a favour by proposing to marry her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by ebenezer202l(f): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2020
Nchenches:

Ha ha ha. I did not read your comment before mine. Nobody kills that eke because it’s harmless, never bites, it can even enter your pillow case while you sleep on top, it will never bite. But me, I fear anything reptile.
that's a ball python and it isn't even venomous
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Sixfeetbelle: 10:15am On Nov 14, 2020
od501:

Nope. I blame the gal's mother. As an Igbo gal, she should be in a position to have the knowledge of both her culture and the culture of neighboring towns.

I don't even know why this should be a mystery to her, every dick and harry knows that nobody kills the sacred snakes in Idemili, same goes for monkeys in Awka and Akpugo, it goes on and on. Igbo tradition is very similar, it is very easy to comprehend. These things are the Gods and protectors of the land.

There are so many fallacies in your statement.

1) You don't know if the girl is Igbo.
2) Even if she is, not everyone knows the snake stuff. Awka person will kill that snake but won't go near a monkey, shey you know?
3) For her to want to kill it means it's a thing done in her community. Nairaland snake posts is enough evidence to show you most communities in Nigeria don't give a flying fvck about snakes.

So invariably, her fiancé is still the one to blame here.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Sixfeetbelle: 10:18am On Nov 14, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
ok if you insist, but don't try this in Idemili in Anambra state or in Njaba in Imo state.

See, we agree on a point. Fiancé failed to educate her properly just like you're doing to me now by telling me not to kill any snake I see once I get to Idemmili. However I'm still curious.

What if it is a venomous snake nko? Should I leave it to bite me?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Alennsar(f): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2020
Nawa for some commenters oooo. As if their brain is under their foot. Tueh
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by DamnnNiggarr: 10:24am On Nov 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

When you say Nigerians are animal activists, you want me to believe all Nigerians are the same. That's very unreasonable.

People can choose to be who they want irrespective of their nationality. "Nigerians" is not a single person and no single person speaks for all Nigerians. So next time you see a Nigerian animal activist, know it's their choice and they don't speak for others.

That said, a woman should have no business with you if your strange culture doesn't sit well with her spirit. Find another girl in your village who you both share the same weirdness. Stop making it seem you're doing her a favour by proposing to marry her.
My Village is blessed with an overwhelming number of beautiful women/girls, that's by the way.

Yes, everyone is entitled to his/her choice of life but should be limited to his/ her culture.
If you don't like snakes, then fine, that's your choice but calling my culture weird because of that is where there'll be problem.

Don't, because you don't believe in other people's culture, berate their culture and tradition, that's my bone of contention, no hard feelings though.

Mind you, my village eats all manner of crawling creature(snakes {but I don't}) but that wouldn't make me berate the Idemili of Anambra or Njaba of Imo state because they adore and respect snakes.

No hard feelings like I said earlier.
Thanks for your dear understanding and mature reply.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2020
This only happened cause she doesn't read. If she had been exposed to Arrows of God she would not have been shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Accuses Man Of Rape For Refusing To Stop After She Came During Sex (photos) / Ladies, Before You Hand Over Your Breast To Any Man.. Do This! (see Photo) / “Your Wife Didn’t Sleep At Home Last Night” Two Men Expose Married Woman(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.