Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? (24088 Views)

The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months / Your Faithful Wife Will Fvck Other Men When You Are Broke For A Long Time / 10 Things Ladies Consider Physically Attractive In Men: Try No 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by WoundedLamb: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
I'm not a lady but I think they should. I mean, it's really a problem if you don't have transport to meet up with your guy at a preplanned location.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
livinbygrace:
Majority of the ladies we have in this country are dead Broke with virtually nothing to offer.They see relationship as poverty alleviation scheme.The worst ones are those jobless Slay queens,waiting for one unfortunate man that will spend on them and their families.To any young man with ambition hoping to go far in life,do not go into any relationship with any jobless girl or woman.its better you date a lady that’s working,even if she is earning five thousand naira(they know the value of money)than those jobless slay queens.
Guys actually prefer the jobless broke ones that will always be available. When they see one who has something doing, instead of supporting them, they will want to frustrate them with " when are we seeing".
Most of them deserve those broke and jobless girls. When you enter university hostels in the evening, you will see men trooping in to pick students, instead of going after working class ladies. Why, because those ones are available and will do whatever they want for the money.

7 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Kalatium(m): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
mariahAngel:

Would you be comfortable in a relationship where the lady takes care of all her needs and never asks or takes anything from you even if you offer her?
We all know that it makes a man feel good when he takes care of his woman, and you can only take care of a woman if she allows it.
How would it make you feel as a man if a woman you love don't accept gifts from you? Answer honestly, because not all females are materialistic....

Common dear, the fact that a woman is independent doesn't mean she wont accept anything from him.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
WoundedLamb:
I'm not a lady but I think they should. I mean, it's really a problem if you don't have transport to meet up with your guy at a preplanned location.
Not just transport to meet up with a guy. Whatever money to pay for your hair, take care of yourself and look good whether the man gives you or not. Some of those broke ladies squander mosnet more than Nigerian government. If they have 10k, they will use is on things that are not necessary. But then as I said before, some men deserve just those kind of ladies and nothing more.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Samakus(m): 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
mariahAngel:

Would you be comfortable in a relationship where the lady takes care of all her needs and never asks or takes anything from you even if you offer her?
We all know that it makes a man feel good when he takes care of his woman, and you can only take care of a woman if she allows it.
How would it make you feel as a man if a woman you love don't accept gifts from you? Answer honestly, because not all females are materialistic....

To the bolded, yes I will be. Very much. Do you know the number of people I take care of? My dear, if I gift her things and she don't accept, not because she's angry or feel that the gifts are small but because she's feeling for me, my respect for her triples.

See eh, my point is, we all know that a man will buy things, give you money etc but don't ever feel it's your entitlement. Once you start thinking that being a woman gives you the exclusive reserve of asking for money anytime you want or expecting gifts at anytime, your already losing the essence of relationships.

A little story. I met a girl some weeks back. Beautiful lady. We got talking after exchanging numbers. Mind you, due to the nature of my work, we haven't hanged out for the first time. Next thing I saw was a WhatsApp message asking me for money to pay someone she borrowed from. Just imagine that. Someone you met about 2 weeks, you guys haven't even gone on a date and she is already asking for money. I just told her, come to my house and collect it and the rest is history. How can a man respect such a woman?

8 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Lies. A lady can be broke and still function good in a relationship. It's even unreasonable to say people should b well financially before relationship so I no get y the discussion sef.
I won't feel comfortable in relationship where I can't go out and see something nice and get for the guy.
I won't be happy in relationship where I have to ask for money for everything.
In fact, without something to give me small small money, I'm.not going into any relationship.
Even if I'm a saint, the man will always find away to make me feel like a parasite.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Seyzcham91(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
abi na
Nazgul:
Country hard abeg...no time to waste on broke hoes.

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
majamajic:
grin grin

Na broke girls dey sweet for dating
I agree with you. Guys prefer broke girls.they are believed to be humble and cool headed grin cheesy.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lucyspa:

So u mean to say that a woman really has no value except when she pays bills. Gosh.... I'm so pissed. So all those invaluable things such as cooking, cleaning, birthing children and even taking care of them is really nothing till i split bills. Who brainwashed we women like this? . The reality of today's world especially in Nigeria is that a woman has to set a home running at a fast pace of 80% while a man can chip in a miserly 20%. I keep going on the internet to see different miserable standards set by men and women holding on to the standards to show how independent they really are. I pity for u lots. Let men keep shifting the only responsibility they have been accorded to you, u hear? Keep proving how much of a robot u are. The funny thing is that in all this clamour for financial equality on both parties, i have never seen where men are asked to be actively involved in chores. So as a woman, u are expected to change ur surname, cook, clean, birth children, take care of them and still split bills. Wow. Weldone to all the super women out there. Y'all rewards are in heaven #notformethough.

Madam calm down! If you have too many chores to do, get a maid! You see that's what we are talking about, make your money so you can make life easier for yourself. No one is undermining women's role in the family.

We are talking about relationship,the first stage before getting married.A lady who can't pay her own bills shouldn't be thinking of getting into a relationship but getting a job. its very simple.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Samakus(m): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I won't feel comfortable in relationship where I can't go out and see something nice and get for the guy.
I won't be happy in relationship where I have to ask for money for everything.
In fact, without something to give me small small money, I'm.not going into any relationship.
Even if I'm a saint, the man will always find away to make me feel like a parasite.

Don't bother trying to bend a dry stick. She has her mentality and that's not changing soon. I gave up the day I saw her post crying out for any man that will take her to Europe because she's a woman.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by vickydevoka(m): 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
mariahAngel:
Would a man want to be in a relationship where the lady takes care of all her needs?
How would a man feel when his woman never needs him for anything?
Can a man be comfortable in that kind of relationship?
I would be comfortable o. Please show me the lady in Nigeria
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Kalatium(m): 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Madam calm down! If you have too many chores to do, get a maid! You see that's what we are talking about, make your money so you can make life easier for yourself. No one is undermining women's role in the family.

We are talking about relationship,the first stage before getting married.A lady who can't pay her own bills shouldn't be thinking of getting into a relationship but getting a job. its very simple.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Fearjah: 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
pocohantas:

Guys think ladies don’t have this fear of social class, we do. There are guys you meet and you will struggle to fit into his class or style of living.

When I told him I couldn’t keep up with such an expensive relationship, he asked why I didn’t tell him and he offered to take over the logistics. It didn’t make sense to me. I am not in 200L. Person suppose outgrow some kind thing. If I need sensible support or giveaway, fine- but I should be able to handle my basic recurrent expenses.

Some of those guys are not even sex-starved, some are just being men. It is in man to provide for the ones he cares about. Except he is an[b][/b] efulefu [b][/b]or he is angered about something.

Lol
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
I hope men are not expecting their girlfriends to cook for them or wash and I hope they have sense to not treat their girlfriends like inferior gender since everyone is now playing equal roles.

Let's erase patriarchy completely not just the parts that favour women.

2 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
pocohantas:
I do, some do, majority don’t and that is the reality.

I remember seeing an Uber driver having an altercation with a lady, the number of times I have seen that is alarming. If you can’t afford an Uber ride, you have no business being in one every time and telling the driver to increase AC. They get to their destinations and start calling the guy. That one sef will na take forever to come out. Pride cannot allow me do that o.

I can never forget this guy I met longtime ago. The relationship died at the talking stage. Cost of seeing was too heavy on my pockets. Not like I couldn’t pull through it, but I didn’t see a need to spend all that for prick. I knew I was too broke for that particular one. We just let ourselves be...
Most guys prefer broke ladies. They are always available. You are a lady going far to meet a guy without transport. What if the guy doesn't go out.
I can't go out without my transport too and fro and enough to pay for what every I want for that day.
Being broke and going into a relationship not a good thing at all. You will be so frustrated.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by vickydevoka(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
No broke person should be thinking of relationship. They should be thinking of breaking the relationship they have with brokenness first before thinking of going into one with another person. You can't be in two relationships at the same time.
When you are broke and still decide to go into a relationship, you will frustrate your partner more and if both of you happen to be broke, na die.
God bless you. You've jst spoken my mind
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by ogeodi(f): 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
Yes o.... I am too broke for a relationship.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Dollanaira: 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lol
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Cutehector(m): 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
mariahAngel:

yes I will be very comfortable please
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by tosinhtml: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Alright... Thank you.

I'm an advocate of Balance.

Palema the Avatar: The Last Airbender...Bring Balance to The WORLD grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Fearjah: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Lol... No they won't... My Sisters are calm cheesy
Honestly if I'm a man, there are some things I wouldn't take from women and some things I wouldn't do to women.

Abeg you fit mention some or all of the things you won't take from women? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by WoundedLamb: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Not just transport to meet up with a guy. Whatever money to pay for your hair, take care of yourself and look good whether the man gives you or not. Some of those broke ladies squander mosnet more than Nigerian government. If they have 10k, they will use is on things that are not necessary. But then as I said before, some men deserve just those kind of ladies and nothing more.

I agree with you. But sadly, some guys are scared away when a girl is equally boxed up. They see being the girls' source of money as a way of maintaining a strong grip on them. It's actually funny cause these guys complain about girls being dependent but deep within them, they enjoy the sense of superiority that gives them.

3 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
mariahAngel:
Would a man want to be in a relationship where the lady takes care of all her needs?
How would a man feel when his woman never needs him for anything?
Can a man be comfortable in that kind of relationship?
He doesn't need to wait for her to beg if he's not comfortable with it. He should give freely when he feels like.
I was in relationship for a very long time without asking and the guys had his way of giving me the little things he could give me and I appreciated all of them. He knew there was a way he would give me and I would turn them down. I use to give him too.
He started feeling bad that I never asked for anything. He doesn't know when I make new hair cos he will just see me with knew hair. I had more than 30pairs of shoes but when he sees a slippers that he things I will like, he will buy it and I would be very happy.
You don't have to wait for your independent lady to ask. They dont ask. I don't ask. Even in my brokest days I don't ask.

7 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by pocohantas(f): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Most guys prefer broke ladies. They are always available. You are a lady going far to meet a guy without transport. What if the guy doesn't go out.
I can't go out without my transport too and fro and enough to pay for what every I want for that day.
Being broke and going into a relationship not a good thing at all. You will be so frustrated

Lol. I don’t even know how they do it, but then, if the man is willing to help her pay- fine. I prefer two financially stable partners. It isn’t always about materialism, it just makes it easier to enjoy the love and achieve goals.

Frustrated is an understatement. All the small small fight and anger, check am, na money be the main issue. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
pansophist:
Not only financial, but physical, emotional and psychological dependencies. Women wants all. You've iterated the realities of financial dependencies, so I'll iterate the other.

Physical dependency is when she expects the man to check out who is banging the door in the middle of the night, and of course take the bullet first if the unfortunate happens. Or expect a man to lift heavy stuff, even carry her for beach pics even if she is x2 heavier than him.

Emotional dependence goes when a man has to be a regulator of her emotions, and a source of emotional boost. Women are hardly a bedrock of a man in despair, to encourage and motivate him, to be his resting place and make him gets back on track. A temporary emotional man is repulsive, an attraction killer and instantly dries up her honeypot. Women wants strong men, and its non negotiable.

About psychological dependency, women wants to be treated like a goddess, and for a man to actively maintain her delusion. For example a woman would rather hate you tell her she is getting fat, even if it's the truth. She believes she is curvy, plus size, extra large, big bodied and all sugary name she calls herself, but the word "fat" pierces so hard. So a man needs to psychologically makes her feel competent in herself even if she is not. Her delusion must be maintained.

This is what men mean when they say women are burden, as it is not only financially. Nuff said. Until then equality is a long thing.
Pansophist abeg create your own thread biko grin cheesy grin
Which one is physical, emotional and psychological dependency? That's like trying to change the total make up of woman nature. You just add too much salt for this your contribution sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by mariahAngel(f): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kalatium:

Common dear, the fact that a woman is independent doesn't mean she wont accept anything from him.

Really? What if she won't accept as a matter of principles?
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by tosinhtml: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
gbeymey:
I remember turning down a marriage proposal cos I was too broke for marriage then. Thanks to God story has changed now. Tho some friends told me I didn't love oga enough but na me know wetin I see.

Congrats, you did the right thing. Money directly or Indirectly makes people Lord over you, whether we choose to accept or not.
Even my parents started respecting me when I started earning some money.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lucyspa:

So u mean to say that a woman really has no value except when she pays bills. Gosh.... I'm so pissed. So all those invaluable things such as cooking, cleaning, birthing children and even taking care of them is really nothing till i split bills. Who brainwashed we women like this? . The reality of today's world especially in Nigeria is that a woman has to set a home running at a fast pace of 80% while a man can chip in a miserly 20%. I keep going on the internet to see different miserable standards set by men and women holding on to the standards to show how independent they really are. I pity for u lots. Let men keep shifting the only responsibility they have been accorded to you, u hear? Keep proving how much of a robot u are. The funny thing is that in all this clamour for financial equality on both parties, i have never seen where men are asked to be actively involved in chores. So as a woman, u are expected to change ur surname, cook, clean, birth children, take care of them and still split bills. Wow. Weldone to all the super women out there. Y'all rewards are in heaven #notformethough.

When they get married their eyes go clear.
Is it not Nigerian men?
The men will still expect them to continue being independent in marriage.
They will remind you that you were taking care of yourself before marriage so why are you now turning into someone else?

Miss independent, miss independent, that's how they will marry a stingy man that has no interest in providing for them or a man that expects his wife to be obedient submissive slave and co-provider.

Look at the lamentations of these two women that were doing miss independence before marriage grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6173928/life-story#94833128

https://www.nairaland.com/6173928/life-story/1#95793133

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
humilitypays:
go and check well that lady you quoted must be 30yrs and above, because in Nigeria, ladies start having sense and becoming valuable to men they meet from age 28yrs and above.

Girls of 25yrs downwards believe their vagina is more than enough for any man and that's why after guys sample their vagina, they start to remember that Tina, nkechi, Bola, Onome, Aisha, Amina and Chioma cannot cook or greet people, and start to look for a way to break up with her cheesy

Ma guy no be small mata. The stuff don even taya me.. na so one girl dey vex on top my moni

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Mimiey:
So sad the kind of ladies y'all attract.

Lotta women out here grounding for themselves, so many.

Why haven't you found yourself a decent one who believes in being dependent, who works and also sorts the bill whether she is made, hustling or almost there?

There is a diff between a leech and those who are also trying to make ends meet.

Why are u attracting leeches?
Maybe that's his calling. To feed the hungry and clothe the naked grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
Warmth:
They don't consider themselves being too broke for a relationship, because they have tow tow to give in exchange undecided undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by pocohantas(f): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
tosinhtml:

Congrats, you did the right thing. Money directly or Indirectly makes people Lord over you, whether we choose to accept or not.
Even my parents started respecting me when I started earning some money.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Werey!!!

Your mum will start serving you rice and stew with two plates. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Except She's Your Wife, Don't Give Her Car, Iphone 13, House, As A Romantic Gift / Apostle Samuel Kaunda Fiancee Failed To Show Up At Their Wedding In Zimbabwe / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Set To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.