Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences (15953 Views)

Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head / NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by TATALoAlaMu: 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
So on this faithful morning, I wasn't at parade, Man was caught with a bottle of Odeku by the RSM as Man was awaiting my usual already paid breakfast,lunch and dinner for camp duration from Tom $ Jerry. my camp Okon was caught with paracetamol and bottle water. That's how i started jogging with the RSM omw to get drilled, as we were passing by, he stopped by a store owner, I also do eat at the woman's place and pay for everybody food. The first place i saw a man eat white rice with ewedu spread alone. That's how the woman said Oga na my pikin be this. That's how i didn't roll in the gutter and sit under the sun for 6 hours. I only rolled with DSS in camp. With advice from a veteran DSS officer to pipe very low for camp. To the few that we popped bottles of champagne and them them till coordinator banned exotic drinks at parade live but cheers to the undertable. Cheers to the Line Guards. The fifth column called me DSS cause..........

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by gboyetade: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
K
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by womenareapes: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
I thought is against the rule to flog
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2020
Roll on the ground ? God forbid.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by sheylarhh(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2020
GoshenNLA:
When I heard we are to be jogging and just walking alone is not allowed, I thought they were kidding us until I saw one guy chop better stick, since then I dey pick race Ni o
Mr Adelanwa
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by brain54(m): 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
slept in guard room for not standing at attention while singing the national anthem.
funny enough this experience made me very close to a guy with similar guard room experience... deji I miss that dude.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
Right from time, i like do things my own way like a boss.

In camp, when people are bathing that's when I wake from sleep, when they are chasing them, that's when I go to bath. My irregular and abnormal shit got me lot of troubles with soldiers, man o war, police, camp officials and even corp members.

Won't share all. Just few sad

So, I got bored and hungry during SAED and wanted to go back to hostel to make some cornflakes cuz going to mammy was prohibited during SAED. A soldier man called me back and asked me, where do you think you going, young man? undecided I told him the truth that I was hungry and the SAED is boring I wan go wat. The soldier man vex...para..hala me..who do you think that you are? If not for instructions given to us, I go flog you.

I asked the soldier man, would you have turned down my request, if I were your son? undecided
Walahi, you are not my son and my son cannot disobey me #speaks some Hausa + Arabic shit#

I said some stuffs and left...he told me that God gon catch me soon. I turned my head, as I walked to podium and replied, God is always nice to me. An hour later, SAED training was done and guys stormed to mammy market for break. I ate, drank beer and even played PS 2. When I came out, mammy was empty just me And few peeps going to podium...joined them...damn, we late. Na so the soldier man wey get small beef with sight me, he said "shebi, I told you God go catch you abi, he done finally catch you for me...I just went straight down on my kneels and was begging. He told me to do 35 push ups...I wanted to say sir, please convert it to six strokes but I remember say my body haff old for cane. I no wan cry..I did 15 push-ups and started begging.

During evening parade, the state coordinator was talking na so,I shouted so loud from my platoon "You are lying".. Soldiers came and platoon 7 members snitched and pointed to my platoon 8 as source of the voice. Nobody gree talk. Everyone in my platoon was punished

I made an lil enemy in kitchen. She started serving me small food. Whenever I find out, she is serving, i just go straight to mammy market. I wanted to ask her, ''What's my crime?''. Finally, a good voice spoke to me. Guy, go and serve today. I replied the voice...Yes, I wee serve. I marched to the kitchen made my presence know...helped out. When it was time for lunch, I served the girl half spoon of rice. In the evening, I also served and I gave her little soup grin cheesy. Wickedness dey sweet sha

27 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by magnumwhales(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
That was 2016 in kubwa Abuja, some days to leave the camp naso nysc just give us our first allawee,guys enter Mami shark alcohol naso one of my roommates just shout sey see this soldier captain wey dey carry my babe today na today he go show am sey he b man,we sha dey tell am sey make the guy free the matter but no alcohol na bastard, naso the guy go challenge officer sey y he dey follow his babe the man no talk anything we no no sey one of the recruit follow our guy to know his room naso soldiers come pack all us for night, tell us to our singlet to join ourself together like slave go parade ground, when we reach parade ground naso dey tell us to raise one leg up, ppl wey drink too much that night just dey fall we wey no too drink still dey maintain, from night till 3am the drilling no b here the pain still linger for many days, as those who no fit stand with one leg and that our roommate we no even know where they carry them go till we left the camp .

8 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
was caught pressing my fone on the parade ground,so
the commandant took my phone and i had to do hundred frog jumps to get it back

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Mobog(m): 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2020
It was on a early morning. This evil day at nysc camp around 5am, we were called out from our respective room from karaye camp in kano state.
So we've to double up in threes when I deduce a sense of passing a shortcut to our parade ground, On a serious harmattan early morning. Myself and two other unknown guys, as we were about getting to the parade ground I noticed a hand touching my shoulder so I said to him" guy leave me you well so?" I head somebody saying you wan fool me abi? I go disgrace you today. Lo and behold I was returned to our lodge where we have to start matching again in threes.
This very soldier left me at that spot to ran after another disobeying corper so I use that opportunity to escape thinking he won't recognize me. I joined another line scattering the whole line from the beginning, I immediately heard a voice saying " so you wan fool me abi? I go disgrace you today". I was asked to follow him n he ordered me to start saying "I BE FOOL, I BE MUMU" i was shouting louder n everyone was making jest of me.
It was one man O'war guy that bail me out..it was though that day na serious disgrace.

Adebo M.S your Computer and Networking engineer

9 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by ipobarecriminals: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2020
grin grin nowadays shildren cheesy
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by hakeem4(m): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
Not really punishment like that.

But it was my camp friend and I that were caught hiding in the OBS studio during the morning parade grin Well the soldier just collected out caps. We were lucky to have medication with us, so we used that as an excuse for us not attending the parade
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by XwhY(m): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2020
Coming
We were fond of avoiding SAED, we will always sleep in our room. Then the Camp Director caught us one day, collected our cards. We thought that was all until he called us out on parade ground the next morning. Handed us over to some soldiers for punishment.

We were made to jog round the camp and we did a lot of push ups. It was fun though, but not palatable for the ladies among us.
Taraba Camp '15/'16
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
Camp commandant caught us in mami after lights out. Omo he made sure we frog-jumped our way back to the hostel. De nest day, I became a cripple

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Olumiday15: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
Abia umunna bene
Ogun kee all those soldiers
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Ugmama(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
7victor:
Mine was when we were in the NYSC camp in karaye local government area of Kano.

That day,we refused to go for parade.

So the Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) came to the hostel and flogged us. He gave us 3 strokes each.

Also in the NYSC camp, during man-o-war, one female trainer asked us to kneel down for an offence which I have forgotten. But it had to do with coming to the training with something.

In fact those that lied that they were not aware of her earlier instructions were released by her.

Something told me to lie, but I refused.

I told her that I heard her instructions but was too busy to remember and carry them out. That I just remembered the instructions when I saw her.

She left me kneeling down for a long time.

I told myself that it was better to say the truth and be punished than to lie and be safe like others.

I still believe that I will get a reward for telling her the truth.

Another punishment during my NYSC camp was rolling on the floor.

I can remember twice when all of us corpers were asked to roll on the ground.

I remember one lady. As she rolled, she was seriously crying. But I didn't cry.

In the camp, soldiers and men-o-war called us Otondo.

That was the name they called us.

I was in OBS in karaye, we're the big boys wink

No parade for me
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by MedicH: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
QuitNotice:
Camp commandant caught us in mami after lights out. Omo we frog-jumped our way to the hostel. De nest day, I became a cripple

grin
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by gungab(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
I yanch up several times

I no dey hear word
grin
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by guru90: 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
No one punished me during my NYSC days @ Macgregory Afikpo camp @Ebonyi State.
Rather, All the Army na my friend. I do purchased them beers (we drink together).

It was very fun and sweet.... I just sighted some ladies kissing their follow corps near bush there......

Nysc sweet joor....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by adeoba2008(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Which one of them . I was punished several times. On several occasions , I always forget my cap. On one occasion we ware punished because we were discussing about boko haram .

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Jozay(m): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
Lol
I remember my service year just recently. I was making a phone call when others were “doubling up” to go for SAED. That’s how the soldiers on duty stopped me and told me to face the Yakubu Gowon statue right beside me and salute the statue while shouting “I’m sorry, Sir. I would not make phone calls again”.

Really embarrassing.

12 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Schelube(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Corper from platoon 6 slapped a soldier in mami market. The whole platoon 6 were asked to roll in a mud water with their white and white the next day after morning parade as they were delibrating what to do the girl that morning, the Dad showed up - A major General, case closed immediately. Nonwa gbam Tai PH camp

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by HitlerGaddafi: 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
Never served in NYSC because I had already served in the military.

However I saw this video someone on this same nairaland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz5jqFxaiJ8
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by OlawaleBammie: 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2020
This is not a punishment from the uniform men but a self inflicted punishmentgrin

Well, it was in the evening just after meal in Dakingari, so we had to converge at the complex/parade ground for the unnecessary evening fiesta BUT i didn't want to go, me and my short-time-made friends.

Me:- Nnamdi shey make we go ni, cus me a no wan go o

Nnamdi:- Wale adenuga u better do make we go

John:- Wale u no wan go abi? me sef no dey go o

Me:- Thank God no b only me, john make we stay jare, na nonsense dem kuku dey do there sef, me cant waste my tym o(like i had a tangible things i wanted to behind)

As we were discussing thes soldiers started blowing that their irritating wizu, abi na bigla dem dey call am. then the man-o-war started their gragra as well
Ordinarily i used to hide inside the ever oozing toilet but those man-o-war don burst me one day so i switched tactics grin

Before we concluded the plan to use to evade this gathering solders don reach our floor already, well, we had to kjapa. So as the bad boy inside(as Nnamdi used to say) i took the lead, as we were running down the stair, straight to the frontal exit we met with the incoming soldiers so we immediately switched the root, now to the rear exit.

As the pathfinder of the group i took the lead again, now a bad decision;

E get one tap for backyard, so the ground around this tap had become saturated with water, no, saturated is even an uderstatement. The area was submerged with a lot of algae at the surface.

it was dark so i couldnt see where i was treading, so as i put my right leg on the submerged surface nahin i knack ground, afi frian, afi gbi, baba regbale pelu white. my white come be like English flag. the water con cooooold for my body.

Well, i kuku jejely stood up with shame and went back upstairs jeje, this tym a no even come fear anybody again, even the RSM grin

8 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by IME1: 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2020
cool e many oh
I'd need to settle and think and respond
Mind you service was years and years ago when Federal government alawee na 4 digits grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Mac12(f): 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
Antibot5:
Lol any Akwa Ibom kopa here? 18C1

Remembered when we were asked to put on one white shoe and one jungle boot on different legs.. lol some were made to back their beds like a baby tied around the waist + bucket of water and toothbrush to the parade ground every morning lol...

Nsit Atai was fun.. with Mr England.

Nsit Atai was mad fun jare. Askamaya! I remember Mr England

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Vickiebam: 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
emorse:
Hahaha! Memories!

Wannune 12A. We were asked to sit and wait. OMG that thing na punishment o. Then they threatened to prosecute us(my new friends and I) in the camp court and that they'd eventually decamp us. E no tey when all of us (lawyers, judge, plaintiffs and defendants)gather dey drink beer for mammy. cheesy cheesy

Last last sha, they didn't issue us our posting letters. We had to go to the head office the next day to discover that they had separated us and posted each person to some of the most remote parts of the state. At the end, we still enjoy am.

It was at our POP that we discovered that they had been using our story to threaten subsequent batches lol. Like say e pain us.
U sure say e no pain u
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Samadhii(m): 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2020
SimplyFacts:
There was this night, after the social party, my hostel couldn't stop making noise even after series of warning from the soldiers. Las las, dem vex send all of us outside. After few punishments, we were asked to squat holding each other's waist, then we began to frog-jump to our hostelgrin. At a point, I nearly refused to listen to their commands again, having made up my mind to leave the camp if need be. It's a very terrible night I can't forget easily. The pains in the laps lasted for days. The most painful part is that I was fast asleep when the soldiers suddenly barged into our hostel, the shouts of everybody,,,, move! woke me up & I joined the race
Is it Akwa Ibom camp?
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Rico94: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
So nobody gets the punishment to go wash toilet abi?
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Samadhii(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
Antibot5:
Lol any Akwa Ibom kopa here? 18C1

Remembered when we were asked to put on one white shoe and one jungle boot on different legs.. lol some were made to back their beds like a baby tied around the waist + bucket of water and toothbrush to the parade ground every morning lol...

Nsit Atai was fun.. with Mr England.
Lol... I might have met you during the orientation... The punishment was from commander I think
... The part where you will see fine girls and boys tie their mattrass is really funny...
Which platoon did u belong to?
I was platoon 10.. wey u!!!

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Antibot5: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
Samadhii:

Lol... I might have met you during the orientation... The punishment was from commander I think
... The part where you will see fine girls and boys tie their mattrass is really funny...
Which platoon did u belong to?
I was platoon 10.. wey u!!!

Platoon 1 .. you would know me.. the RSM flag party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Favours You Gain As A Corp Member / Corper Aliyu Suleiman Discharged From Hospital After Shittes - Police Clash / Borno State B'15 Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.