Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences (15960 Views)

Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head / NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by jagorinho: 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2020
Failure to attend SAED seminars landed me in big trouble, I lost interest when they brought one motivational speaker that said his 3 year old daughter is richer than most corps members.

I was staying in key store hostel in Awgu camp,Enugu state, it was very close to the SAED seminar ground, there was a corper with special need ( sight problem) that does not go out during those seminars, he was always accompanied by his friend, both have the backing of Nysc officials to stay indoors, so i decided to skip the next boring SAED lecture , I was inside the hostel ( a single long room, with double bunks and cupboards), little did I know that most of my roommates have been skipping the seminar for long.

We were about 15 in the room, we would close all windows and close the door from the back. after the third day our luck ran out, some soldiers stationed near the SAED ground heard our conversation inside the room ( we were getting too comfortable). They approached our door and instructed us to open, but all of us were frightened to go near the door, by this time most people have left their bunks and hide inside the cupboards.

I was late to see a cupboard that will size me, in a twinkle of an eye, the door was opened with a kick, those soldiers ordered us to get out, those of us unfortunate to see a hiding place rushed to the guy with special need claiming we are in the room to keep him company, it was a funny scene, ten people scrambling for the attention of the guy but unfortunately the guy told the soldiers that the only person keeping him company was his friend.

we were lined out like looters and marched to the base of the soldiers where different soldiers came and used us to perform various punishments they encountered in the N.D.A.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by saintkelv(m): 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2020
I served in Yikpata camp kwara state. Platoon 6 batch b 2011. Had to frog jump cus i was measuring my hieght with d captain

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by GoshenNLA(m): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
sheylarhh:

Mr Adelanwa
You know too much
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Samadhii(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
Antibot5:

Platoon 1 .. you would know me.. the RSM flag party.
You are one of those tall guys... lol

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Antibot5: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
Samadhii:

You are one of those tall guys... lol
Lol yhh
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
Chei,me I be that quiet guy wey stubborn...I and about 5 others were punished by the captain himself...
People were engaged in camp skill acquisition stuff,I had to carry bucket across the length of the field to fetch water knowing fully well I will be stopped...but the next day my joints confessed due to 150 frog jump mehn...
....Edo 2015...
Oshiomole no dey pay,he couldnt even visit,yet 80 percent of teachers in Edo state then were serving corp members...
Short devil evil former labour leader/Governor...
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by adeskee(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
i926:
Right from time, i like do things my own way like a boss.

In camp, when people are bathing that's when I wake from sleep, when they are chasing them, that's when I go to bath. My irregular and abnormal shit got me lot of troubles with soldiers, man o war, police, camp officials and even corp members.

Won't share all. Just one sad

So, I got bored and hungry during SAED and wanted to go back to hostel to make some cornflakes cuz going to mammy was prohibited during SAED. A soldier man called me back and asked me, where do you think you going, young man? undecided I told him the truth that I was hungry and the SAED is boring I wan go wat. The soldier man vex...para..hala me..who do you think that you are? If not for instructions given to us, I go flog you.

I asked the soldier man, would you have turned down my request, if I were your son? undecided
Walahi, you are not my son and my son cannot disobey me #speaks some Hausa + Arabic shit#

I said some stuffs and lef...he told me that God not soon catch me. I turned my head, as I walked to podium and replied, God is always nice to me.

An hour later, SAED training was done and guys stormed to mammy market for break. I ate, drank beer and even played PS 2. When I came out, mammy was empy just me And few peeps going to podium...joined them...damn, we late.

Naso the soldier man wey get small beef with sight me, he said "shebi, I told you God go catch you abi, he done finally catch you for me...I just went straight down on my kneels and was begging. He told me to do 35 push ups...I wanted to say sir, please convert it to six strokes but I remember say my body haff old for cane. I no wan cry..I did 15 push-ups and started begging.

During evening parade, the state coordinator was talking na so,I shouted so loud from my platoon "You are lying".. Soldiers came and platoon 7 members snitched and pointed to my platoon 8 as source of the voice. Nobody gree talk. Everyone in my platoon was punished

I made an enemy from that incident a girl. She started serving me small food. Whenevr I come and finds out, she serving i go straight to mammy. Finally, a good voice spoke to me. Guy, go and serve today. I marched to the kitchen made my presence know. Helped out...I served the girl half spoon of rice. In the evening, I also served and I gave her little soup grin cheesy. Wickedness dey sweet sha

This got me really bad
can't stop laughing
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Singingbae(m): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2020
Antibot5:
Lol any Akwa Ibom kopa here? 18C1

Remembered when we were asked to put on one white shoe and one jungle boot on different legs.. lol some were made to back their beds like a baby tied around the waist + bucket of water and toothbrush to the parade ground every morning lol...

Nsit Atai was fun.. with Mr England.
Mama SAED. She’s my favorite. SAED SAED OOO �. I miss Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Antibot5: 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
Singingbae:
Mama SAED. She’s my favorite. SAED SAED OOO �. I miss Akwa Ibom

SAED SAED OOO NYSC has done it again hahahha
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by ennyrah: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
That's nice. Kusala dam, karaye...Am presently camping there and we're in our variety nite
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Samadhii:

Is it Akwa Ibom camp?
Kwara's
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by DrewMX(m): 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hmm
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by DrewMX(m): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2020
The only punishment I received at Awgu Camp, Enugu (2017 batch A) was when all members of my platoon were asked to sit on the ground with our whites @ the parade ground because of disobedience. Other than that, nothing else. Mind you, soldiers are not allowed to flog corpers, but are free to mete out punishment.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Estellie: 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2020
grin grin Laugh wan kee me, NYSC threads always funny af.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Asiseeit: 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2020
None personally, but was part of a collective punishment.

November/December 2015, Okada, Edo.

Last Friday before we left camp on Monday, freezing night, harmattan

Whole camp made to stand (not allowed to sit on the floor), with just our white on white at the parade ground from 1am till 5am. The cold was vicious. Several people collapse/fainted, the first aid was busy. I thought about my parents and siblings sleeping comfortably on their warm beds and wondered what I got myself into.

Offence? We didn't stand still when the biggle was blown the previous evening. Attendance was checked for every platoon (one girl was found in Mami market running things. Lol).

We survived the night, but by morning the Aluta guys(mostly poly students) mobilized around 7am and stormed the camp commandant residence. We had the sympathy of the Nysc staff who were unaware of our travails until the morning. We (I wasn't really part of the Aluta, just observed from distance) threw our breakfast, bread and tea at the entrance of the commandant's residence.

The soldiers threatened to punish us but the nysc officials would have none of it, not sure the corpers woulda submitted anyway. So the soldiers left us angry that they were not being allowed to carry out their job of disciplining us. From that Friday till we left, no more soldier was seen around except those guarding the premises and those training those marching. We woke up anytime. grin

But that night was bloody, several people fainted. I wished I could too.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Claire104: 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
I was asked to do frog jump because I wore slippers to mami market.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by 7victor(m): 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Uzomacharles:
Make I come read comments

You have not yet gone for service abi?
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by 7victor(m): 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Ugmama:

I was in OBS in karaye, we're the big boys wink

No parade for me

That was good. But now looking back at it, I am happy I also suffered with others.

It adds to the fun memories of my past.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by nurusystem(m): 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
my platum commander save my ass from one ass soldier that plan to implicate me ,just because I was sitting doing noting and he went ahead to seize my cap and tag ,he said jump up I ignored him.he end up reporting me to RSM.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Singingbae(m): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Antibot5:

Yes ooo. Those boring lectures �. Mama SAED will be blowing grammar to us and correcting English upandan

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Olisehinnocent: 10:47pm On Nov 15, 2020
My own was in Mangu camp plateau state. I traveled all the way from Ile-Ife in osun state to plateau state. On getting there we were command to carry our loads on our head and double up. When we finally reached our hostel we were ordered immediately to go out and register. To cut the story short, one day as we are having some marathon lecture, I decided to go out and buy pure water, i was having serious headache that day. As I reached where am buying the water, one man who I perceived to be man "o" war member ordered me to go back. My crush was with me o. Naso I decided to do aluta for the man, afterall i graduated from OAU wink Am not aware that the man is man "0"war boss for that camp o. The man immediately instruct me to kneel down, i told him that am not well, that am sick. He now instructed his boys to remove my tag and brought me to my kneel. I seriously don't know where the confident comes from, I told those guys not to come close to me or they will surely regret it. So their boss was just looking at me, i removed my tag and throw it on the ground. One of the boys picked it up and hold it. Their boss again command them to hold me and carry me to their "dark room" (I have forgotten what they called the room but it's where they usually lock any corper that disobeyed them) as they are coming to hold me, i quickly told them not to try it, that am not a criminal that they will bundle like fire wood. I told them that I will report them to state cordinator for putting a sick corper like me under emotional and mental distress. I immediately start heading to their dark room in anger threatening to contact my people and take the matter up. Their boss no talk again he was just looking at me wondering what gave me the audacity. Lol He collected my tag and told them to lock me up. As we are approaching the dark room I smartly started negotiating with the guy that followed me. I gave him 200 naira and told him to tell their boss that my uncle who is one of the military in that camp instruct him to give me back my tag. The guy smile and hail me. He headed back to where his boss was and told him that my uncle who is a military man their told him to give me my tag. Naso their boss released it o. I thank the guy and promised him a drink. As I later join my platoon members their are just hailing me. Lol During my time in camp I hardly leave my room o. We are like 6 corpers that is giving the military men headache. We only go out to eat or to have fun. We hardly participate in anything but i never miss night party o. Whenever we don't want to go out we will pretend to be sick, when they finally leave us we will be playing music and dancing. I really miss mangu camp undecided

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by 7victor(m): 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
magnumwhales:
That was 2016 in kubwa Abuja, some days to leave the camp naso nysc just give us our first allawee,guys enter Mami shark alcohol naso one of my roommates just shout sey see this soldier captain wey dey carry my babe today na today he go show am sey he b man,we sha dey tell am sey make the guy free the matter but no alcohol na bastard, naso the guy go challenge officer sey y he dey follow his babe the man no talk anything we no no sey one of the recruit follow our guy to know his room naso soldiers come pack all us for night, tell us to our singlet to join ourself together like slave go parade ground, when we reach parade ground naso dey tell us to raise one leg up, ppl wey drink too much that night just dey fall we wey no too drink still dey maintain, from night till 3am the drilling no b here the pain still linger for many days, as those who no fit stand with one leg and that our roommate we no even know where they carry them go till we left the camp .

Na wao
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by 7victor(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
ennyrah:
That's nice. Kusala dam, karaye...Am presently camping there and we're in our variety nite
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by premierlead: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
Uncountable punishments as a boss which I was, from forming a nigger to the soldiers and as well as in my PPA

Team Nasarawa 14C
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by emorse(m): 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
Vickiebam:

U sure say e no pain u

Lol! They made us legends! If you know how many free beers I drink ehn.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Seunpaul01(m): 12:05am On Nov 16, 2020
7victor:
Mine was when we were in the NYSC camp in karaye local government area of Kano.

That day,we refused to go for parade.

So the Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) came to the hostel and flogged us. He gave us 3 strokes each.

Also in the NYSC camp, during man-o-war, one female trainer asked us to kneel down for an offence which I have forgotten. But it had to do with coming to the training with something.

In fact those that lied that they were not aware of her earlier instructions were released by her.

Something told me to lie, but I refused.

I told her that I heard her instructions but was too busy to remember and carry them out. That I just remembered the instructions when I saw her.

She left me kneeling down for a long time.

I told myself that it was better to say the truth and be punished than to lie and be safe like others.

I still believe that I will get a reward for telling her the truth.

Another punishment during my NYSC camp was rolling on the floor.

I can remember twice when all of us corpers were asked to roll on the ground.

I remember one lady. As she rolled, she was seriously crying. But I didn't cry.

In the camp, soldiers and men-o-war called us Otondo.

That was the name they called us.

Do you hear yourself talk. You sound so ridiculous.

This is why we are so backward in this part of the world.

After you graduated spent years gaining what we called higher education. You come here talking gibberish with your low self esteemed mind. A soldier, a layman, treat you like a kid, punish u like a slave. You are here laughing it off like it's an achievement. As if it is something that we all should be proud of.

Nigerian youth really needs to start thinking like those that want to take control and take over their country. Not like kids that is being spoonfed and scolded to act sensible. It is so pathetic.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by elougo(m): 12:43am On Nov 16, 2020
Antibot5:

Must be the State Cord Ngozi. Don't tell me she us still there. AKS14/15

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by illicit(m): 12:48am On Nov 16, 2020
The day they gave us bicycle allowance, NYSC camp, Ede Osun state.... we painted mammy red.... one guy in my room shit in our room and the commandant was summoned.... he ordered us to lie down that midnight and we were like that for good four hours and he was just abusing us and calling us all sort of names....
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by ibiba55(m): 2:57am On Nov 16, 2020
saintkelv:
I served in Yikpata camp kwara state. Platoon 6 batch b 2011. Had to frog jump cus i was measuring my hieght with d captain
Yikpata camp, a place I will never forget.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by latyph(m): 4:30am On Nov 16, 2020
Them don warn us say make we no wear slippers or Pam at anytime for camp...but I dey always disregard...na so camp commandant, Captain IB Umar waka come kitchen when we wan collect food...see me and some other dudes dey out on slippers... punishment wey I receive that day no be for this world...him sha collect the Pam from me that day say make waka with our leg dey go..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper Aliyu Suleiman Discharged From Hospital After Shittes - Police Clash / What Are The Favours You Gain As A Corp Member / Borno State B'15 Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.