Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? (719 Views)

Top 10 Points To Keep Your Car Engine In Shape / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by naijadrivablog: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
These days, those businesses are dead, or so it seems. I have seen many people (Peugeot, etc) who spent over N200k for repairs after Car washers cleaned their car engine with water.

Where can I get one in Abuja? They can be found in Lagos but since I have no business there for sometime now.

Kingreign
nbotee
kubwaboy
Ikenna351
nurey
Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by kingreign(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
naijadrivablog:
These days, those businesses are dead, or so it seems. I have seen many people (Peugeot, etc) who spent over N200k for repairs after Car washers cleaned their car engine with water.

Where can I get one in Abuja? They can be found in Lagos but since I have no business there for sometime now.

Kingreign
nbotee
kubwaboy
Ikenna351
nurey
I personally wash my engine and that of my clients. I don't give it to anyone.
Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by naijadrivablog: 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
kingreign:

I personally wash my engine and that of my clients. I don't give it to anyone.
With Steam or water and detergent?

I want steam washers.
Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by kingreign(m): 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
naijadrivablog:
With Steam or water and detergent?

I want steam washers.

LOL. Good luck with that Bro! grin
Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by yomi007k(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
Baba clean your thing yourself. Thr last time I tried steam washing, it ended up in the mechanic.

I didn't listen to advice too then.
Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by naijadrivablog: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
yomi007k:
Baba clean your thing yourself. Thr last time I tried steam washing, it ended up in the mechanic.

I didn't listen to advice too then.

Steam or water You can't truly wash engines well with just water, especially hidden parts (back of engine, etc).
Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by buygala(m): 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
naijadrivablog:

Steam or water You can't truly wash engines well with just water, especially hidden parts (back of engine, etc).

Mix diesel and klin...apply the solution using a small paint brush on all parts your hand and the brush can reach...cover alternator and rinse those parts sparingly with clean water...there is one stick i pluck from the bush in my area that works perfectly in getting to and cleaning almost all parts of my engine

Or just use fuel using that brush to clean all places ur hand can reach, then allow to dry for a few minutes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by naijadrivablog: 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
buygala:

Mix diesel and klin...apply the solution using a small paint brush on all parts your hand and the brush can reach...cover alternator and rinse those parts sparingly with clean water...there is one stick i pluck from the bush in my area that works perfectly in getting to and cleaning almost all parts of my engine

Or just use fuel using that brush to clean all places ur hand can reach, then allow to dry for a few minutes

Diesel and Klin? Won't that be immiscible?
Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by buygala(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2020
naijadrivablog:

Diesel and Klin? Won't that be immiscible?

It works...

Has been working since...

And will keep on working

In fact when my uncle had a car wash, that's the "chemical" he used to spray on engines before hosing them down with a rubber pipe connected to a tap ..
He just applied the "chemical' on the engine, closed it for about 10 minutes, then hosed it down...all engine grime and dirt will be gone..

For those who insisted that their engine blocks and gearbox casings be stainless, he applied diluted battery acid mixed with omo and then hosed it down...that bleaches the engine blocks to almost whitegrin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Can I Get Steam Wash For My Car Engine In Abuja? by naijadrivablog: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
buygala:

It works...

Has been working since...

And will keep on working

In fact when my uncle had a car wash, that's the "chemical" he used to spray on engines before hosing them down with a rubber pipe connected to a tap ..
He just applied the "chemical' on the engine, closed it for about 10 minutes, then hosed it down...all engine grime and dirt will be gone..

For those who insisted that their engine blocks and gearbox casings be stainless, he applied diluted battery acid mixed with omo and then hosed it down...that bleaches the engine blocks to almost whitegrin

Learnt something here. Thanks BuyLacasera cheesy

(1) (Reply)

. / Beyond Car Washes, Where Are The Best Detailing Companies In Lagos / Does A Bad Speedometer Have Anything To Do With Automatic Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.