Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? (51739 Views)

5 Reasons Why There Are So Many Decent People Who Are Single Nowadays / Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? / 5 Reasons Why There Are So Many Decent People Who Are Single Nowadays. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by ufotty2001: 10:50am On Nov 14, 2020
misterme:
All I can say is that if I knew what I now know I wouldn't have married. I would have stayed single or wait a bit longer before taking that plunge
please can you throw more light so that we can learn from u
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Merimental(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2020
Connected1:
The Nigerian Economy isn't friendly at all, unless you are well to do and don't expect much from your partner then you won't enjoy the full benefits of dating instead you will be frustrated.
Everyone is a Gold digger right now.

Big time Gold digging now everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by livinbygrace: 10:53am On Nov 14, 2020
Liposure:
as in eee! These days at least two in ten girls is a slut or a onetime hoe one way or the other

Wetin you dey talk self?You no talk of 6 or even more self.Most of them are coded runs girl .

5 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by RedPhoenix: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2020
SpeciMental:
@sirjamesjnr, isn't it obvious?
The truth is a societal evolution took place towards indecency and the loss of virtuous standards at a very rapid rate that left the decent ones behind.
Now the decent ones are scarce in the midst of so many indecent ones. So the decent ones are many times single as they search through the dire landscape for decent partners

#Unemotional, purely Mental from the unapologetic SpeciMen#

Spot on. Get a beer on me plz

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by 2sexycom(m): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2020
Connected1:
The Nigerian Economy isn't friendly at all, unless you are well to do and don't expect much from your partner then you won't enjoy the full benefits of dating instead you will be frustrated.
TRUE!

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by livinbygrace: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Men who go for baby mamas are incorrigible cheats who hide their inadequacy under "ladies are not loyal".

Why I say so? The logic behind baby mama is ludicrous. Answer these questions first.

Is going for baby mama cheaper? Is it less stressful? Does it offer peace of mind? Is it not the same lady that's demanding heaven and earth from you now that will be the baby mama abi you import them from overseas? Tell me the benefits seriously

Marriage is not meant for everybody and with Baby mama,your freedom and rest of mind is certain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Sixfeetbelle: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2020
livinbygrace:

Forget this your broke ass mentions.There sure many well to do rich single guys out there and the reason most of them are not yet married is because most girls these days have nothing to offer and her gold diggers .I have a friend working with British Petroleum as an expatriate in Texas,he is 44yrs ,and still single,complaining of the same reasons.
So the economy has affected the mentality of most ladies where turning any man that comes their way as meal ticket.

Tell your friend he's a liar and a big one at that. 44 years on earth. Probably been 20 years since he started down the relationship line and he hasn't found someone he may like to marry? Please, he's a very unserious being.

People who really want to get married have done so in less than 3 months and that's a fact. Some guys will get married this December and they've only just met the lady o. Any guy that's well to do and says he has not find a woman he may like to marry is an incorrigible cheat and a selfish person who only thinks about himself. Marriage isn't an issue for men. It is a spontaneous something that's why a guy can meet a lady today and tell her he wants to marry her and mean it too.

Tell your friend he has an emotional issue that's stopping him from proposing and he should go get help. Either he's too much into his "bachelor lifestyle" or he's a difficult person to live with. Simple.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Liposure: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2020
Bimpe29:
No matter how such excuses might look, they don't worth the end result of not being married.
Marriage is natural.
excuse me

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Sixfeetbelle: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2020
livinbygrace:

Marriage is not meant for everybody and with Baby mama,your freedom and rest of mind is certain.

Freedom to cheat at will and generally be irresponsible, yeah, I can see it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by ILoveDemMANNA: 11:02am On Nov 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Below is my friend’s WhatsApp update as at last night. Right now I can see some “HML amadioha” on my recent updates. It is only NL guys that know why they are surrounded by oloshos. Do they live in brothels? Hian!
Lol grin
Just take a look at their olosho thread on dis forum running into thousands of pages and see how an average nairaland boy is wasting his life and future away. it's pathetic!

7 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Johnnyplus01k(m): 11:03am On Nov 14, 2020
Abi naw
Ahmed0336:
If you ask me na who I go ask?

d mata wey you see so, e tey wey e start.....

no bi mi go talk am, e heavy for mouth.......

if u ask mi, na who I go askkkkkkkkkkkkk?

Economy di baddddd
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Myer(m): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
So I have this conversation with some group of like minds and these are what I could get from our discussion:
On the negative side;
1.Abuse and manipulation
2.Disrespect and devaluation
3.Constant complaints and criticism
4.Feelings of perpetual inadequacy and failure to meet unrealistic expectations (I deal with that enough at work; I don’t want it at home)
5.Being ignored
6.Being cheated on
7.Being lied to about her level of sexual involvement with others (not in the sense of cheating, but potential exposure to STDs)
8.Being unloved, uncared about, and taken for granted
9.Not being allowed to make mistakes
10.Not being allowed to have my hobbies
11. Being treated like a piece of meat
12. Being expected to put up with his/her endless bullshit (which is usually deal-breaker stuff) while simultaneously not being allowed to be human myself
13. Being subjected to skewed perceptions of reality and overreacting to stupid shit
14.constantly wondering when he/she’s going to dump me for reasons that are unknown to me
15. Trying to change or “fix” me
On the positive side:
1.Career- To achieve stability most people opt for an academic path with lasts till the mid-20s sometimes even till the late 20s. Post that, once they get that lucrative job/onsite opportunity they aspired for, they delay marriage. Marriage is considered a potential hindrance to professional success by many people.
2.Space- Everyone seeks independence, especially millennials. Long term relationship requires sharing of this space which people don't like
People are warier and warier of :

3.Compromises- Marriage, by definition, is living with another person. This is bound to require adjustment which isn't easy

4.Commitment - This freaks youngsters today. When you're dating in college, commitment comes easy. But marriage brings along a different set of responsibilities which need a commitment of the highest order

5.The process of arranged marriage- This is a makes to the list purely because it shrouds the sanctity of marriage. Girls seeking millionaires and guys seeking miss universes just disturbs the definition and sanctity of the institution

6.With the advent of feminism, women are more self-reliant than they have ever been. Therefore they too don't seek a partner for financial independence and postpone relationships.

Mine: Career and schooling. My girl still has her masters to deal with.
So ladies and gentlemen, why you are single?
How can we close the circle?

One of the primary reasons Nigerian girls are still single today especially career women is simply due to the virus called Feminism that has plagued our generation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Liposure: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2020
Lamanii22:

"Everyone is a gold digger right now" that part really cracked me up lol
lol. Including you
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by pocohantas(f): 11:07am On Nov 14, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

Lol grin
Just take a look at their olosho thread running into thousands of pages and see how an average nairaland boy is wasting his life away. it's pathetic!

Exactly! Yet they are complaining of oloshos. Whenever a man gives that reason, just run as a lady. That man is either a brolosho or he is surrounded by broloshos. Even if you are Mary, he will continue overthinking everything, while you struggle to prove your worth. Run and leave him with his demons. When he is ready to stop seeing oloshos, we would know.

livinbygrace:

Forget this your broke ass mentions.There so many well to do rich single guys out there and the reason most of them are not yet married is because most girls these days have nothing to offer and they re gold diggers .I have a friend working with British Petroleum as an expatriate in Texas,he is 44yrs ,and still single,also complaining of the same reasons.
So the economy has affected the mentality of most ladies whereby they turn any man that comes their way as meal ticket.Work up to most ladies today and the next story Na billing.

Are there no females in that his British Petroleum? He should find one of his colleagues and marry. Linda Ikeji is there, Genevieve, etc. there are rich MATURE women around him, he should marry one and stop crying. Leave small small girls alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Gerrard59(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2020
Yet on my Facebook timeline, I see pre-wedding pictures daily. BTW, what's the term - decent - doing there? Who lied to you that Nigeria has decent people? shockedgrin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by pocohantas(f): 11:12am On Nov 14, 2020
Gerrard59:
Yet on my Facebook timeline, I see pre-wedding pictures daily. BTW, what's the term - decent - doing there? Who lied to you that Nigeria has decent people? shockedgrin

Nairaland is a different world. I reckon after wailing on NL, they logout and do midnight calls with their girlfriends.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Gerrard59(m): 11:15am On Nov 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Everyday on NL, you people are analyzing why people are single and men are not getting married. Yet I saw 3 pre-wedding pictures in just 2 days here. One na even wheelbarrow pusher. I didn’t count the ones in my immediate circle o. Stay here dey mumu.

I'm in group on Facebook which in a quick turn has seen people posting their pre-wedding photos. I'm not lying, not less than ten photos are posted daily. Not just there, most of my Facebook female friends are married, the majority within the past three years. More to come sef yet I am seeing wHy aRe pEoPlE sInGlE ThEsE dAys on Nairaland.

These Nlders should know when to stop their threads and get a life outside NL. There are many Nigerians who are getting married every Thursday and Saturday. Feminism, alfa meilsism, social media or even the economy will not stop young Nigerians from getting married.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Jonasbadoo(m): 11:17am On Nov 14, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Only broke ass niggas will blame oloshoism as the main reason why they aren't married yet. Mtcheww. We know the format Ogbeni

Radarada oshi.
I can see that you're pained Olosho

5 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Liposure: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2020
Myer:

One of the primary reasons Nigerian girls are still single today especially career women is simply due to the virus called Feminism that has plagued our generation.
two captains can't steer one ship

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2020
Connected1:

Bros na u talk the real matter
Other people just dey talk trash
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by jaxxy(m): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2020
Fear of taking risks also.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by pocohantas(f): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2020
Gerrard59:

I'm in group on Facebook which in a quick turn has seen people posting their pre-wedding photos. I'm not lying, not less than ten photos are posted daily. Not just there, most of my Facebook female friends are married, the majority within the past three years. More to come sef yet I am seeing wHy aRe pEoPlE sInGlE ThEsE dAys on Nairaland.

These Nlders should know when to stop their threads and get a life outside NL. There are many Nigerians who are getting married every Thursday and Saturday. Feminism, alfa meilsism, social media or even the economy will not stop young Nigerians from getting married.

Lol. I don’t get it o. Event planning, bridals and catering are the new goldmine. That is because people are getting married. If they last in the marriage is another topic for discussion.

This mass singleness is on Nairaland. We have almost exhausted our office budget for wedding gifts in 2020. December is coming and we know that is when most weddings happen. As we are typing now, guys would soon fall in from Malaysia, China and US to marry this Christmas. They will spend 4 days in Lagos, then straight to the village for omenala. NL is a different world or na small pikin dey worry them. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by berbs: 11:28am On Nov 14, 2020
yahmohy27:
Just waisting their time .
Time will come when some of them will be searching badly for who will be their husband/wife or urging to have at least a Child

See, if there are easier ways to get a child apart from adoption, lots of single and married folks will take it. No one wants years of drama In a patch-patch marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Oceanfield: 11:28am On Nov 14, 2020
Getting married now will spoil my travel plans. So I choose to be single as it is easier to jet out alone. No worries.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Angelacruz: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2020
Be calming down bros
NoFucksToGive:
Simple

Most ladies out there are damaged goods

Over used , emotionally battered , low self-esteem, mentally poor, no ambition, addicted to instagram relationship coaches.

These set of over aged used up females are saddits, wake up singing gospel songs but yet she can nag to high heaven .

They accuse me of being lazy because I don't want to date a lady struggling financially just because I too don't struggle financially so I want a balance then they call me lazy for wanting this ?

All the 30 plus ladies are lying they are 24 years old .

They never look like the picture on their WhatsApp profile, when you see them in real life they look like the mother of the lady in the picture with too much make up

They speak good English but are dumb , the smart ones look like my uncle

When the smart ones are fine they have aggressive tendencies

Most Nigerian ladies sound like a confused mess of past opinions of their Exs

It's so much simpler not to deal with their shît and be single

Nigerian ladies are just tummy driven over arbortionized sperm waste bins

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by mmsen: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2020
Connected1:

Marriage rates are declining everywhere.

It's more than just the 'Nigerian economy'.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by chamboy(m): 11:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Op, let's be clear about something. THERE'S NO ULTIMATE SET INSTRUCTIONS THAT ANY ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A marriage union.
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by chamboy(m): 11:43am On Nov 14, 2020
You people should stop this thinking of putting marriage at the forefront of greatness. You can be single and be great. Please stop this rubbish, just stop!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Liposure: 11:45am On Nov 14, 2020
Oceanfield:
Getting married now will spoil my travel plans. So I choose to be single as it is easier to jet out alone. No worries.
i see you are not under pressure
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Techvillz(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2020
friendzone activated for somepeople

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest / How To Get A Lady Visit You Without Any Excuse / Man Floors Girl Poking Nose Into Another Girl's Business (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.