Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? (2624 Views)

Lady Bites Boyfriend’s Manhood To Avoid Rape In Lagos, Police Arrest Her / Woman Beat Her House Help For Crying Out Over Rape In Lagos (Graphic) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Jbleenk: 7:40am On Nov 14, 2020
2yrs ago, a youth corper served in a company I managed. One Friday evening we both went out clubbing with 2 of my friends.

There were lots to drink and lots of dancing and body contact. It was fun and at the end of the night we both were under the influence quite obviously. One thing led to the other and we both had sex that night. I’m sure this wouldn’t have happened if we were in our right senses.

However, it happened and it was consensual, as in, no persuasion, no force we both wanted it and we both had it albeit under the influence nonetheless, although I initiated it.

Days later she grew wings and became nonchalant with her duties and I wasn’t gonna take any of that then she started threatening to report me to her ZI of taking advantage of her. I called her bluff and asked if I raped her.

Long story short I had to send her away for insubordination and nonchalant to duties.

My question here is: in light of the build up before we had sex that night, can I be done for for rape? Just watching my back just in case she came out in future accusing me of rape.

I need answers from lawyers, please.

7 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Kamdil: 7:44am On Nov 14, 2020
This is Africa and not Europe. Proving a genuine rape case is even difficult in Nigeria here, not to talk of consensual sex.

You've got nothing to fear

12 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by nairalander2020(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2020
lawyers in the house your attention is needed.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Davash222(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2020
You had a great sex with her. Sex is best enjoyed when the both parties are tipsy. No fake moaning..

Girls fake moans alot during sex and it turns me off.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Sundrus: 7:46am On Nov 14, 2020
Go get ur lawyer Oga...that one no be rape. If she try that nonsense stunt, make sure u sue her for libel. Until them start to prosecute & convict them for false rape accusations their head no go ever correct. Nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Zeion422(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2020
No.......go and check page 419 paragraph 419 of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria for more details...wat I'm saying
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by MarveworldNG: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2020
We do not comment in sections like this but, we think you need to chat with someone you confide in and tell them exactly what happened, screenshot the chat with the date and save it in your Google drive, keep it for the future
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by popsy2(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2020
Yes, that was rape. She was under the influence of alcohol, hence, not capable of giving a valid consent at that point in time. You can't now say that the sex was consensual. You took advantage of her at her weakest point. This would be my argument if I am representing the lady.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by doggedfighter(f): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2020
Sometimes people enjoy all the fun and alcohol and then regret their actions and to make themselves feel good ,they put the blame on someone .

This is if your account of the incident is truly what happened.

Can true consent be given under the influence of alcohol?

Is it really consensual sex?

In her clear senses, will that girl sleep with you?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by duduade: 7:51am On Nov 14, 2020
What makes you think she didn't plan all this

These crop of immature ladies that think with their kpekus don't understand what feminism is all about

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Temmylee02: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:
Yes, that was rape. She was under the influence of alcohol, hence, not capable of giving a valid consent at that point in time. You can't now say that the sex was consensual. You took advantage of her at her weakest point. This would be my argument if I am representing the lady.
shoooooooooooooooots

Issokay

This argument for make brain if only one side is drunk and the other isn't but nah two of them get drunk so no case.

11 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Jbleenk: 7:59am On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:

Mind u I said the sex wouldn’t have happened if we were in our right senses. I was under the influence, too. Isn’t that a valid argument on my part?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by AirmirthDY(f): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Jbleenk:

Mind u I said the sex wouldn’t have happened if we were in our right senses. I was under the influence, too. Isn’t that a valid argument on my part?

But you initiated it.....

Under the influence right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by popsy2(m): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2020
Jbleenk:

Drunkenness is not a defense to rape. You will only be nailing your own casket if you bring that argument to court. Even if you prove that you were drunk, it won't avail you.

My advice: don't tell the court that the lady was drunk nor you. Whatever you do, don't acknowledge that the woman was drunk. No consensual sex can be had in such a state.

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by popsy2(m): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2020
Temmylee02:
shoooooooooooooooots

Issokay

This argument for make brain if only one side is drunk and the other isn't but nah two of them get drunk so no case.

My argument is in order. It matters not, whether the man was drunk during the act. It is a non-issue. The crime of rape is to protect women, who are considered the vulnerable gender. Once it is established that the woman was under the influence of alcohol or any substance, the man will be knocked for it. It may sound illogical to you, but that's the law.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Sundrus: 8:21am On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:

My argument is in order. It matters not, whether the man was drunk during the act. It is a non-issue. The crime of rape is to protect women, who are considered the vulnerable gender. Once it is established that the woman was under the influence of alcohol or any substance, the man will be knocked for it. It may sound illogical to you, but that's the law.
why she no report the incident after the alcohol clear from her eyes the next day undecided . case no dey there abeg.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Temmylee02: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2020
If that is is the law o wrong nah.
popsy2:

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by VEXT: 8:56am On Nov 14, 2020
AirmirthDY:

But you initiated it.....

Under the influence right?

Initiated what, both of them were drunk for goodness sake, she may even be the one to throw the first kiss at him....
When you r drunk, you do stupid things!!!

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by nifton(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2020
Oga, this is consensual rape. Argue with the lawyers pls.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by popsy2(m): 9:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Sundrus:
why she no report the incident after the alcohol clear from her eyes the next day undecided . case no dey there abeg.
Ok
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by SUPERPACK: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2020
Here you are having sleepless nights because of just 5 minutes pleasure, something you can't even remember the sex styles you used. Is it worth the stress of getting drunk? Is it worth the stress of sleeping with a co-worker? Sex and alcohol have never made anybody great in this life, it has never made one respected too. Leave sex and alcohol out of your menu, it only give temporal pleasure and a lifetime of if's and why's.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2020
Jbleenk:
2yrs ago, a youth corper served in a company I managed. One Friday evening we both went out clubbing with 2 of my friends.

There were lots to drink and lots of dancing and body contact. It was fun and at the end of the night we both were under the influence quite obviously. One thing led to the other and we both had sex that night. I’m sure this wouldn’t have happened if we were in our right senses.

However, it happened and it was consensual, as in, no persuasion, no force we both wanted it and we both had it albeit under the influence nonetheless, although I initiated it.

Days later she grew wings and became nonchalant with her duties and I wasn’t gonna take any of that then she started threatening to report me to her ZI of taking advantage of her. I called her bluff and asked if I raped her.

Long story short I had to send her away for insubordination and nonchalant to duties.

My question here is: in light of the build up before we had sex that night, can I be done for for rape? Just watching my back just in case she came out in future accusing me of rape.

You could have ignore her and you went to far for suspending her, a lady that you had sex with! My bruh pray for the lady not to work towards your sack letter from the company.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Meteng: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:
Was he not under the influence of alcohol too? Was he not taken advantage of too?
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by pk2me: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Jbleenk:

You are guilty of the act bcus from your post the lady wouldn't have consented to it if she's in her normal senses. You decided to take her for clubbing inorder to get her drunk and take advantage of her.
Mr Man, u are very guilty and it's a deliberate act from you, stop giving excuses of getting drunk. You planned it and it went smoothly as u planned.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by soundOsonic: 11:27am On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:

You know nothing. He was under the influence of alcohol, she was also under the influence of alcohol. Both were under the influence of alcohol and they both had sex.
He can also charge the girl for rape too as he was under the influence of alcohol.
Your point is counterintuitive.
If both parties are under the influence of a substance, you can't say it is rape.

Also if the girl were to be asked if he was drunk and she says "NO he wasn't" this also prove she was quite aware of things happening around her hence, she wasnt drunk as at the time of sex.

Any rape case that involves you getting drunk on your own accord without being forced to get high isn't a strong case. Chances of winning are very low especially if the person involve hasn't being charged for anything before.

No evidence to prove she was raped. Her pants obviously wasn't torn as a clear sign of violence, nor are clothes.
She failed to report the case 24 hours after the incident
She reported to work the next day proof that she wasn't threatened not to talk.
The court can prove her accusation is based as a revenge for her getting sacked.

So many holes in her case

10 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Jbleenk: 11:30am On Nov 14, 2020
pk2me:
You are guilty of the act bcus from your post the lady wouldn't have consented to it if she's in her normal senses. You decided to take her for clubbing inorder to get her drunk and take advantage of her.
Mr Man, u are very guilty and it's a deliberate act from you, stop giving excuses of getting drunk. You planned it and it went smoothly as u planned.

It’s left for u as the lawyer to present proof that it was pre planned. Your word against mine I suppose. I maintain a clear stance that I was drunk and wouldn’t have engaged in sex with her if not.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by BigBabyJesus: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2020
Jbleenk:

The fact that you are asking tells me you are keeping out a lot of details .

Was she knocked out when you penetrated her,?

This is rape . As she wasn't conscious and so her consent could not have been given.

The fact that she got disgusted with you days later tells me you either took advantage of her when she was passed out drunk or you are totally lousy in bed..

Which is it?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by BigBabyJesus: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:

Get out of here with your pilpul.

Intoxication does not make one immune from conviction if intoxicated during the course of a crime..

Where she wasn't deliberatly drugged without her knowing it becomes rape . But since she willingly got high on her own she can't claim lack of consent in her state.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by AirmirthDY(f): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2020
VEXT:

Initiated what, both of them were drunk for goodness sake, she may even be the one to throw the first kiss at him....
When you r drunk, you do stupid things!!!

Read his write up again. The third paragraph.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by popsy2(m): 11:42am On Nov 14, 2020
[s]
soundOsonic:

You know nothing. He was under the influence of alcohol, she was also under the influence of alcohol. Both were under the influence of alcohol and they both had sex.
He can also charge the girl for rape too as he was under the influence of alcohol.
Your point is counterintuitive.
If both parties are under the influence of a substance, you can't say it is rape.

Also if the girl were to be asked if he was drunk and she says "NO he wasn't" this also prove she was quite aware of things happening around her hence, she wasnt drunk as at the time of sex.

Any rape case that involves you getting drunk on your own accord without being forced to get high isn't a strong case. Chances of winning are very low especially if the person involve hasn't being charged for anything before.

No evidence to prove she was raped. Her pants obviously wasn't torn as a clear sign of violence, nor are clothes.
She failed to report the case 24 hours after the incident
She reported to work the next day proof that she wasn't threatened not to talk.
The court can prove her accusation is based as a revenge for her getting sacked.

So many holes in her case
[/s]

Ignorance and arrogance. I will forgive your naivety because clearly, you are not a lawyer, hence, lacks the minutest understanding of the topic. Good luck.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by popsy2(m): 11:45am On Nov 14, 2020
[s]
BigBabyJesus:

Get out of here with your pilpul.

Intoxication does not make one immune from conviction if intoxicated during the course of a crime..

Where she wasn't deliberatly drugged without her knowing it becomes rape . But since she willingly got high on her own she can't claim lack of consent in her state.

[/s]

Okay. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

American Arrested In Nigeria With $760k Fake Cheques / Second In Comand To Abia State Kidnaping Kingpin Stone Osisikankwu’s Deputy Was Arrested / A Cruel Way To Die!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.