Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,463 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 (1497 Views)

BREAKING!! Heavy Shooting At Ariaria Junction Aba (happening Now) / #endsars: UK Parliament Debates Sanctions Against Nigerian Govt Officials Nov 23 / Agents Confident Of A Saraki Win As Collation Commences At The Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Metrix147: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2020
Abia State Government has hinted that work will commence at the Osisioma junction to Alaoji portion of Enugu-Port Harcourt expressway as well as the Abia portion of the Aba-Ikot Ekpene highway.

This follows a meeting of key stakeholders which include the Federal Controller of Works in Abia State, Engr. Obioha, and a representative of Arab Contractors with the state governor, Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu on Friday.

An agreement was reached that work will commence in the affected portions on 23rd of this month and must be completed by the 5th of December 2020.

The Governor in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Onyebuchi Ememanka vowed to mobilize a contractor to fix that portion and save the people of Abia State the hellish experience if after two weeks the federal government does not act.

The statement read, "There is good news for the people of Aba, especially those who use the portion of the Enugu-Port Harcourt highway.

"Following consistent pressure mounted by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu on the Federal Ministry of Works and the contractor handling the project, Messrs Arab Contractors Limited, an agreement has been reached for the company to commence work on the portion of the highway from Osisioma Junction to Alaoji where the Spare Parts Market is located.

"At a meeting this evening at the Governor's Lodge, Government House Umuahia, between Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and the Federal Controller of Works in Abia State, Engr. Obioha, and a representative of Arab Contractors, it was agreed that work shall commence on that portion effectively from the 23rd of this month and must be completed by the 5th of December 2020.

"Governor Okezie Ikpeazu had made it clear that if the Federal Ministry of Works failed to order the contractor to that portion in two weeks, he would mobilize a contractor to fix that portion and save the people of Abia State the hellish experience they go through on that portion of the Federal highway.

"The Governor stated that trade and commerce which are the key foundations of the Abia economy have come under an imminent threat of total collapse owing to the fact that the Ariaria International Market has become difficult to access, especially by business people from Port Harcourt. Also, Abia businessmen who do their businesses in Port Harcourt can no longer travel to do their businesses.

"The Governor said he would no longer stand and watch this ugly situation to continue. He also said that work will commence immediately on the portion of Aba- Ikot Ekpene highway that covers Abia State to open up that corridor for our people.

"According to the Governor, if not for the wisdom of his administration to do the Umuaro-Ekwereazu Ngwa - Nto Edino road which creates an alternative route into Akwa Ibom State, every element of trade along that corridor would have been lost.

"The Federal Controller of Works, Engr Obioha assured the Governor that due to his personal intervention, the contractor had been mandated to temporarily suspend work on other parts of the road and move into that area immediately. He said that they will mobilize into that area from next week and commence work there from the 23rd. He assured the Governor that the portion will be completed expeditiously within two weeks ending on December 5th, 2020.

"Also speaking, the Commissioner for Works, Barrister Bob Chiedozie Ogu told the Governor that all was set for the commencement of an emergency intervention work on the Aba Ikot Ekpene highway by the State Government, while we wait for the Federal Government to start theirs.

"According to the Commissioner, the Governor gave his Ministry marching orders to enter that portion of the Federal road and fix it to enable free movement of goods and persons along that axis.

"Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General of the State, Uche Ihediwa Esq, his Information counterpart, Chief John Okiyi Kalu and the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr. ACB Agbazuere were at the meeting."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2020/11/abia-work-commences-at-osisioma-junction-aba-ikot-ekpene-nov-23/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by psucc(m): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2020
If I can recall, work has been "commencing" yearly on that road for the past 5years.

1 Like

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Afamed: 10:55am On Nov 14, 2020
Ossisioma Fly over bridge has been under construction since 5yrs now. Practically nothing seems to work in the Homeland of the coward Fugitive Albino Nnamdi and the hypocrite Abaribe home state

2 Likes

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:02am On Nov 14, 2020
I like as we all are pushing Abia to perform.

Nobody is pushing the north to perform.

It's like their people have accepted their backwardness as normal grin

GUESTLANDER ARREWA ACTIVA OAUTEMITAYO URUBA SOLMUS ANTICHRISTIAN OKOROAWUSA MUYKEM BABARAMOTA1980 afamed helinues

2 Likes

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Afamed: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2020
vanbonattel:

It's like their people have accepted their backwardness grin
Perhaps you have never been to North. Infrastructure development, they are not in the same level with you in SE.
Kano has more than 20 flyovers while your Abia is still struggling to build one since over 6yrs now

1 Like

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Moferere: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2020
psucc:
If I can recall, work has been "commencing" yearly on that road for the past 5years.

grin grin grin
Abia is cursed with bad leaders
Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Moferere: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2020
psucc:

grin grin grin
Abia is blessed with bad leaders.

Bad roads everywhere especially if you are facing the road leading to Ikot Ekpene.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2020
Afamed:
Ossisioma Fly over bridge has been under construction since 5yrs now. Practically nothing seems to work in the Homeland of the coward Fugitive Albino Nnamdi and the hypocrite Abaribe home state

Your own state will not construct a flyover bridge in the next 20 years yet you are here wailing your life away for a state you will never ever visit.
Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Afamed: 11:06am On Nov 14, 2020
vanbonattel:

Your own state will not construct a flyover bridge in the next 20 years yet you are here wailing your life away for a state you will never ever visit.
My own state has over 10 flyovers as we speak and more are still under construction
Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Afamed:

Perhaps you have never been to North. Infrastructure development, they are not in the same level with you in SE.
Kano has more than 20 flyovers while your Abia is still struggling to build one since over 6yrs now

be there to do what? A crime and bandits infested region ?

Do you have flyover in your state?

Oh, I forgot, every northerner is from kano grin
Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2020
Afamed:

My own state has over 10 flyovers as we speak and more are still under construction

You must be from Kano and Abuja grin

I Have Never Met Any Northerner From Kebbi or jigawa

2 Likes

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by helinues: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2020
vanbonattel:

It's like their people have accepted their backwardness as normal grin

GUESTLANDER ARREWA ACTIVA OAUTEMITAYO URUBA SOLMUS ANTICHRISTIAN OKOROAWUSA MUYKEM BABARAMOTA1980 afamed helinues

Since when was Ikpeazu got elected that he is now working on the dilapidated roads in Abia state?

Is that not backwardness?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Afamed: 11:11am On Nov 14, 2020
vanbonattel:

be there to do what? A crime and bandits infested region ?

Do you have flyover in your state?

Oh, I forgot, every northerner is from kano grin
Mugu, but your people do abandon their potopoto Republic every night to seek Greener pastures in Kano
Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Bkayyy: 11:11am On Nov 14, 2020
Abia state government thinks Nov 23 is a too far. Oga we will be here that day to watch you give excuses or drive trailer and hired tractor up and down on that road and end up doing nothing.
The truth is that Gov Ikpeazu and Abia state as a whole is giving Ndigbo bad name. Yes I said the whole Abia State for consistently voting in nonsense back to back to back. Does it mean that their stomach is better than their future. Ndị eriri eri

1 Like

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2020
helinues:

Since when was Ikpeazu got elected that he is now working on the dilapidated roads in Abia state?

The dilapidated federal roads in Abia state is not Ikpeazu work. Blame Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Afamed: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2020
helinues:

Ignore the lazy IPoB. They do not hold their leaders responsible. Hence, Buhari is their problem, even if they fail to impregnate their wives
Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by helinues: 11:13am On Nov 14, 2020
vanbonattel:

How about the state and local government roads?

Did Ikpeazu just arrive from Pluto?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Afamed: 11:13am On Nov 14, 2020
vanbonattel:

I thought Jonathan constructed every road in the east before he left?

1 Like

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:14am On Nov 14, 2020
Afamed:

Mugu, but your people do abandon their potopoto Republic every night to seek Greener pastures in Kano

Yes, all these economic refugees I see hanging on top of lorry to come see a piece of paradise in Abia are from the north, remember that. grin

Some of your brothers even trek from maiduguri to Unuahia with cows as company grin

1 Like

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by helinues: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2020
Afamed:

Ignore the lazy IPoB. They do not hold their leaders responsible. Hence, Buhari is their problem, even if they fail to impregnate their wives

I tired for those people oo.

They don't think things through before rushing to drop the opata on social media.

I thought their hero beer has constructed all the roads in Nigeria?

Yeyelity
Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2020
Afamed:

I thought Jonathan constructed every road in the east before he left?

Shifting goal post again.

The federal roads that are spoilt in Abia was what Buharri used as campaign promises. You are now making us believe it's Ikpeazu fault?

See your life? grin

1 Like

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by vanbonattel: 11:17am On Nov 14, 2020
helinues:

How about the state and local government roads?

Did Ikpeazu just arrive from Pluto?

Name the state and local government roads and I will name 100 in the north not done. You are just drinking panadol for another person headache.

Tell buharri to keep to his campaign promises.

2 Likes

Re: Abia: Work Commences At Osisioma Junction, Aba-ikot Ekpene Nov 23 by Afamed: 11:18am On Nov 14, 2020
vanbonattel:

Shifting goal post again.

The federal roads that are spoilt in Abia was what Buharri used as campaign promises. You are now making us believe it's Ikpeazu fault?

See your life? grin
I thought you have a superior argument to present

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari At 78: If Only We Knew This President / Could Abaribe Be The One Who Gave Kanu Out? / 2023: Why North Can’t Trust Southern Govs With Presidency — Sulaiman, CNG Spokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.