Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone (549 Views)

Five Things We Learnt From Ghana Vs Nigeria Draw In Kumasi / Sierra Leone Fans Attack Their Captain's House After He Missed A Crucial Penalty / Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone by Onyocha: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2020
There is not much to say than to watch the match or even the highlights. From 4-0 before the 30 minutes mark to 4-4 at full time.

The fourth goal for Sierra Leone was the most obvious giveaway. The Sierra Leonean striker was cheaply given the ball by the Nigerian defender to equalize. Sierra Leone showed no skills or technical play. They literally were allowed to score 4 goals.

What is the role of betting companies in Nigeria in all of this? How much money did they gain from this draw? Nigeria had a 1.16 odd to win against a weak Sierra Leonean team. Did the betting companies in Nigeria have a hand in this? What really happened?

Let us not forget that Bonfrere accused Westerhoff of selling the second round 1994 world cup match between Nigeria and Italy for $100,000. Westerhoff went to court to sue Bonfrere to clear his name and deny the accusation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/westerhof-sues-bonfrere-over-allegations-of-match-fixing/

So yes, I think FIFA and CAF should investigate this match.

Seun

1 Like

Re: Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone by princeade86(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2020
t҉h҉e҉y҉ n҉e҉e҉d҉ t҉o҉ i҉n҉v҉e҉s҉t҉i҉g҉a҉t҉e҉ t҉h҉e҉ m҉a҉t҉c҉h҉ .
Re: Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2020
The match get as e be...

1 Like

Re: Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone by Millimann: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2020
That was exactly my thoughts immediately the match ended.
Re: Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone by giftedben: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
See I have told people to never bet on African matches because most of the matches are fixed.
Especially Nigerian matches.
Re: Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone by Samunique(m): 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2020
KillSars:
The match get as e be...

My brother, I've never seen our national team being beaten after being two goal up.

That yesterday match get as e be true true !!!

I watched our players giving ball away to their opponents in vital areas which led to those goals.

Most times they were unwilling to clear the ball from their eighteen yards.
Re: Should FIFA Investigate Nigeria's Draw Versus Sierra Leone by paulolee(m): 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2020
Investigate am oo....I suspect obaseki don stake straight draw on dt match..

(1) (Reply)

Play VIP Games 4 Free / EURO 2021: England Boss Southgate Snubs Tammy Abraham And Fikayo Tomori / The Top 10 Richest Football Club Owners In The World Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.