Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad (18778 Views)

Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things / FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by lalasticlala(m): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2020
PTF advises Nigerians to shelve Christmas home trips

The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 pandemic has advised Nigerians abroad, who might be planning on coming home for the Christmas festivities to shelf the plan for now.

The advice is part of the PTF’s strategy to minimise incoming travellers from other parts of the world, especially countries currently battling with new waves of COVID-19.

The task force’s National Coordinator, Dr. Sani Aliyu, who stated these during its weekly media briefing in Abuja, however, clarified that if the reason for coming home is essential, such travellers should be ready to observe all prescribed guidelines by the PTF, including pre-travel and post-travel testings as well as the observation of seven days self-isolation.

He warned that Nigeria would not relax its COVID-19 guidelines and protocols because of the festivities, saying the country cannot afford another wave of COVID-19 as being seen in Europe and the Americas.

“We know that we are going into the Christmas period. The PTF is already looking at steps to minimise the surge in passengers’ numbers we see during this period.

“But this will primarily be by discouraging people from non-essential travels. If you do not need to travel, remain in the country during the period.

“If you are outside the country, now is not the time to start coming in on holiday. If you do have to come into the country on holiday, be aware that you have to do the mandatory seven days isolation before you show yourself anywhere within the country and you have to be tested and confirmed to be negative to exit self-isolation.

“We will not be relaxing the rules simply because it is holiday season,” he said.

Warning about the risks associated with indiscriminate non-essential international travels, Aliyu recalled that of the first 5,000 plus passengers tested on arrival into the country after international flights resumed, about 105 of them tested positive to the virus.

He said with about 5,000 to 7,000 passengers arriving in the country every day, “the potential is that we could have up to 150 new cases being introduced into the country every day”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ptf-advises-nigerians-to-shelve-christmas-home-trips/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Froshloaded: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
Lmao..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by flyingpig: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
With your woeful handling of CA-COVID palliatives and #endSARS protests, don't contest for elections again until you show levels of sanity and passed psychiatric/leadership evaluations.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by flyingpig: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Anti-Christian Government

Why weren't diasporan Muslims subjected to similar bureucracies when they travelled down to Nigeria to celebrate Islamic festivities with family and friends?

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by LawLab247: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by flyingpig: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Why can't you subject them to screening instead of deny them entry into their motherland for no susbtantial reason why?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Ehiscotch(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:

Why weren't diasporan Muslims subjected to similar bureucracies when they travelled down to Nigeria to celebrate Islamic festivities with family and friends?

Did you read the post at all? Or did you just read the headline and rush to display ignorance all over the thread?

It's a simple advice to curtail the spread of Covid-19 especially to Nigerians in badly hit countries.

Lalasticla.la, your headline is a bit misleading especially to prejudiced and ignorant minds.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by flyingpig: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Did you read the post at all? Or did you just read the headline and rush to display ignorance all over the thread?

It's a simple advice to curtail the spread of Covid-19 especially to Nigerians in badly hit countries.

Lalasticlala, your headline is a bit misleading especially to prejudiced and ignorant minds.
So why weren't Diasporan Muslims subjected to likewise restrictions during Islamic festivities in Nigeria since inception of COBIK-1-9 ?

Na only for Christians hand una deey flex muscle with skewed claims of doing the right thing

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Ehiscotch(m): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:
So why weren't Diasporan Muslims subjected to likewise restrictions during Islamic festivities in Nigeria since inception of COBIK-1-9 ?

Na only for Christians hand una deey flex muscle with skewed claims of doing the right thing

All I'm asking is for you to read the article. Do you have a comprehension problem or are you just a troll?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Zenzu01(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
It should actually be "Don't ever come home again" grin grin grin grin

Why will I come to an oil-producing country that sells fuel for 170 naira per little

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by flyingpig: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
Ehiscotch:

[s]All I'm asking is for you to read the article. Do you have a comprehension problem or are you just a troll[/s]?
go and tell buhari to learn how to read first.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Ehiscotch(m): 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:
go and tell buhari to learn how to read first.

I guess, ad hominem arguments only seem logical on Nairaland. Besides, reading is different from comprehension, anyways. Fly Pi..

17 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by SandraJane: 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2020
lol
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by GallantDuke(m): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
Una say make my uncles no come home for Xmas, then who go come dash me money for Christmas

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by salbis(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
Corona still dey?
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by beautyhd: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
PTF, for una mind you've given the best advice.

Abroadians shouldn't come back but you guys can travel. Always chasing shadows,like say people returning back to Nigeria tops our greatest problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by HAPPINESSSS(f): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

USELESS ADVICE FROM A USELESS LEADER,

I'M SURE IF YOUR CHILDREN WANT TO TRAVEL OUT EVEN TO THE COUNTRY WITH HIGH RATE OF COVID 19 ,YOU WILL NOT STOP THEM,

EVIL LEADERS WITH USELESS ADMINISTRATION.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Sacchi1162(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2020
Even me sef no wan stay here for Christmas holiday o
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by ATEAMS: 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2020
Make them no blow Una cover ?
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Idontknowyou: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
Anti christian policies... Their papa... When they were celebrating their own feast and all of them pack themselves from abroad like sardine and come to Nigeria despite the Covid-19 curfew..

Now it as come to we christian, they one dey form Jagaban I talk am again Their papa

If you quote me and talk shit, I will blast you.. me no care ohhh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Brandonx(m): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
What ever you do just don't close the airspace.
We know they are looking for a means to extort people coming back.
They don't know what it's like to be away for years and the only chance some persons have to come home and see their aged parents this one is saying scheisse undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Enudapan: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticate

Ogbeni make all of una come home joor
Nothing they happen
Can't wait to sit together with my Real gees them
Lit up better mushin weed with them, bang some kpekus nd share updates if they all come bck

Las Las mushin weed can cure codvid 19

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by personal59: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:

unpatriotic Nigerian

must every comment come with religion?

everything is antichristian to you but you have forgotten those guys over there careless about religion.

We are all here when it was revealed they spend 2.2bn in Jerusalem and Mecca for prayer against Boko Haram in a country where most of it's graduate are jobless.

Both the rep and senators are either Christians and Muslims what have they done to their constituencies? but here you are with your post and comment with all your education hmmmm now I see what Nigeria University shun out as graduate.... no sense

I hate it when all people can see is a myopic and disorganized mind to view things always in the religious line.

lastly read and digest before you comment on topics... Hun is that clear?

a country that the hospital in ASO rock can't treat malaria is advising those who God have save from this so called country not to come and kill themselves because no one will treat them rather we will only use them to pack money in the name of treatment and you are here talking of religion....

15 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Gideoniteprime4: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
I DON`T BLAME THEM, I BLAME THE UNFORTUNATE WEAK CHRISTIANS THAT WOULD OBEY THAT STEWPEED POLICY angry angry angry
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:

You have a big problem...and only death can cure it. You are a threat to a united world

12 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
Fools
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Canih28: 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

If things were arranged in this shlth0le, they won't have left undecided
So try fixing the problems we already have, so they're not wasting their time in abroad

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Cutehector(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
Who tell you say dem wan come back sef?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Nyanabo(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
Wahala for who no get family abroad grin
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Chi133(f): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears / Diesel Tanker Catches Fire In Ojota (Photos) / African Students Refugees Fleeing Ukraine Detained In EU Immigration Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.