Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland (27730 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / Cp-africa’s Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland : Repeat / An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
armyofone:

why no personal questions like wifey, children, girlfriend etc or they cleaned that part out?
grin

when i read abt Mr. facebook, they let us know abt his girlfriend. this kind mind game sef na wa grin grin grin grin grin

Kai!

She hear the bobo dey make well over N60K a month, she wan find out if there is a vacancy so she can claim 80% during divorce.

Sharp woman. tongue grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by ikamefa(f): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
ifyalways:

LMAO

You no dey bring full voltage current . . .Ika = half current.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

half current ke?   grin  ,biko abeg ify show me the way oh "  grin " how do i become full voltage aka NL transformer ?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin mu heheheheheheh !!!!!
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Freiburger(m): 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
Great. One thing i learn't from that interview is that it doesn't matter how many time you fall it matters how many times you get up. Motivating indeed.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by 190: 12:22am On Mar 18, 2011
how did she come up with such a long thesis without getting banned by the bot angry angry
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Busybody2(f): 2:00am On Mar 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Dream on, dreamer!

High Tech VC firms are pouring millions of dollars and hiring the best brains from Stanford, MIT, Caltech, Imperial, IIT, GeorgiaTech etc to try and compete and are failing and you are saying a one-man band in Nigeria with inverter to help supply power will compete with Facebook.

Why don't you go into the Cement industry and compete with Dangote? Or go and compete in investment with Warren Buffet? Self Defeat?

The guy no wan armed robbers knocking on his door.  grin grin grin

Oh ye of likkle faith. Before Facebook, there was many like Myspace, MojoFriends United, Hi-5, etc, after after Facebook, there already is Tencent QQ headquartered in Hong kong which has 500,000,000 users and counting, which is the same amount of users Facebook presently has. Whilst Facebook is a worldwide phenomenon, Tencent QQ is still targeted at users in the Far East only, so go figure babes wink

sandra:
SEUN: I remember when I first realised that revolts by old members couldn’t kill the site because of the constant influx of new members.  This, coupled with stress from the rapid growth of the site, led me to adopt a Buhari-style approach to managing the forum, which tarnished my reputation quite a bit.  I’m trying to change that now.

Wow, it has a pulse tongue There is a God, praise the Lord, halleluyah somebody lipsrsealed
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by mamagee3(f): 2:07am On Mar 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Kai!

She hear the bobo dey make well over N60K a month, she wan find out if there is a vacancy so she can claim 80% during divorce.

Sharp woman. tongue grin
Who gave seun legitimacy of getting 60k a month? undecided

You mean 60 cents a month? grin grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 2:57am On Mar 18, 2011
Busy_body:

Oh ye of likkle faith. Before Facebook, there was many like Myspace, MojoFriends United, Hi-5, etc, after after Facebook, there already is Tencent QQ headquartered in Hong kong which has 500,000,000 users and counting, which is the same amount of users Facebook presently has. Whilst Facebook is a worldwide phenomenon, Tencent QQ is still targeted at users in the Far East only, so go figure babes wink

Iya'le, Facebook is global, internationally targeted and multimillion-dollar backed up.

Nairaland is Naija-centric and targeting mainly Nigerians.

Tencent QQ might be new and gaining ground (and I am guessing, from those figures, most of its users are most likely on mainland China where people do not really speak Eng[b]r[/b]ish), I have never heard of them so I am pretty sure they are not competing with Facebook, they are finding a niche.

If one looks at the average household income in Hong Kong, China and other countries with minor chinese populations, I can bet it will dwarf Nigeria's.

Nairaland is targeting a nation where majority are poorly educated or uneducated, probably only about 30% have any access at all to internet and only about 3% have constant and reliable access to internet. 80% live on less than $2 a day.

How can people in such a market afford, access and appreciate internet to be able to compete with Facebook? When the target market size is not even up to 40m? Nah, not possicant.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Pweety4me(f): 3:03am On Mar 18, 2011
@OP 9ice ooo, a lot of history mehn, it all makes sense in one way of the other & you can begin to understand why certain things are done.

I wonder if it would ave 'sounded' any better if there was an audio or looked better if it was visual cheesy tongue

Interviewer was dominated by seun no personal questions wink

Do we say welldone? Nigeria's little trophy/treasure nairaland grin cool
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Busybody2(f): 3:13am On Mar 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Iya'le, Facebook is global, internationally targeted and multimillion-dollar backed up.

Nairaland is Naija-centric and targeting mainly Nigerians.

Tencent QQ might be new and gaining ground (and I am guessing, from those figures, most of its users are most likely on mainland China where people do not really speak Eng[b]r[/b]ish), I have never heard of them so I am pretty sure they are not competing with Facebook, they are finding a niche.

If one looks at the average household income in Hong Kong, China and other countries with minor chinese populations, I can bet it will dwarf Nigeria's.

Nairaland is targeting a nation where majority are poorly educated or uneducated, probably only about 20% have any access at all to internet and only about 3% have constant and reliable access to intenet. 80% live on less than $2 a day.

How can people in such a market afford, access and appreciate internet to be able to compete with Facebook? Nah, not possicant.

1) Facebook's already gained ground and is losing stem, Tencent QQ has the same number of users as them for now, guess what would happen if they open this up globally shocked Asides this Twitter and Linked in is starting to eat into Facebook's marketshare and are succeeding so far.

2) Nairaland is for Nigerians and friends of Nigeria, it could be opened up to the African Continent for starters with other Countries having their own subsection with childboards such as culture, food, fashion, business, jobs, etc and all he needs to increase revenues is introduce online games, possibly dabble in more advertising and allow people to launch businesses, etc. Africans love showing off and boasting, there is loads of potential here wink

Now to the most important stuff, who be iyawo angry You fit singlehandedly handle only me angry Na only me dey dia joo and na for berra for [s]the remaining 4 years it will take me to qualify for half of your wealth[/s] worse cheesy
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by soreola(f): 4:43am On Mar 18, 2011
if Nairaland is the 2nd then which site is 1st undecided
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by adaphik(f): 5:16am On Mar 18, 2011
Impressive
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by White007(m): 6:08am On Mar 18, 2011
Nice one Seun. May Nl continue to grow, so you can be the Zucker of Naija grin.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by OAM4J: 10:02am On Mar 18, 2011
nice & cool interview.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Ashiwaju(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2011
aaaadvertizers killed it all!! !lol!
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by bremo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
Uhmm, what a surprise that Seun could bear his mind out about nairaland (cos know him to be a "very" quiet guy)grin. It's quite wonderful and fulfilling to see what the forum has grown to become right now. Could remember back in those days when he will be locked up inside "ROOFTOP" for days trying to figure it out all by himself with no disturbance on his systems. Kudos Seun!!! I believe in you and don't let anybody bring you down. You are the best, so keep it up. cool cool
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by mrperfect(m): 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2011
This is an interesting one. Keep it up man!
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2011
Busy_body:

1) Facebook's already gained ground and is losing stem, Tencent QQ has the same number of users as them for now, guess what would happen if they open this up globally shocked Asides this Twitter and Linked in is starting to eat into Facebook's marketshare and are succeeding so far.

2) Nairaland is for Nigerians and friends of Nigeria, it could be opened up to the African Continent for starters with other Countries having their own subsection with childboards such as culture, food, fashion, business, jobs, etc and all he needs to increase revenues is introduce online games, possibly dabble in more advertising and allow people to launch businesses, etc. Africans love showing off and boasting, there is loads of potential here wink

Maybe.

But online games and other amenities cost significant investment. Advertising will always follow footfalls, or rather in cyber context, fingerfalls.

You should take into consideration that the likes of Facebook (and even Tencent QQ) are hiring the best technology and psychology brains in their continents or around the world to develop their capabilities.

Busy_body:

Now to the most important stuff, who be iyawo angry You fit singlehandedly handle only me angry Na only me dey dia joo and na for berra for [s]the remaining 4 years it will take me to qualify for half of your wealth[/s] worse cheesy

You have been going to that armyofone Evening Classes abi? So you are feeling more brazen?

You no know say I don drug you one time, and whilst you were induced, I made you sign a iron-clad postnup that I have taken to North Korea where it is guarded by the national army.

If you decide to leave, the postnup says in case of divorce I get 120% of my assets, so you will be coughing up 20% of £550 to settle me.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by reegee: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2011
seun am proud of u,op 2 mit u sumday, n jst u kw,i ws born d same day NL came public, march 25th wink wink wink
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2011
reegee:

seun am proud of u,op 2 mit u sumday, n jst u kw,i ws born d same day NL came public, march 25th wink wink wink

You have to really brush up and practice using your English writing skills before you finish university.

This textspeak approach is pathetic! Believe me.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^Awon ashewo NLD embarassed embarassed My mama warned me against coming to nld but my stubborn self wouldn't. Here I was thinking that saga used the "iron clad" prenup on me alone not knowing that he did same to BB. What else have you done to and with me and also to and with  her? Please don't tell me you've also tried the yekinicious-mouth-suffocating-microfonic-reflex on her too? embarassed , not the backside emergency entry too? embarassed embarassed did you do it on the roof ? on the kitchen sink and cleaned the area with our antibacterial wipe like we do? embarassed don't tell me you tied one of her legs to the door handle and the other to the Ensuite bathroom door ? did you bounce her in the air and down on your yekini? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

pLease tell me you did not do all these lest my fragile heart give way cry cry
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2011
jennykadry:

^^Awon ashewo NLD embarassed embarassed My mama warned me against coming to nld but my stubborn self wouldn't. Here I was thinking that saga used the "iron clad" prenup on me alone not knowing that he did same to BB. What else have you done to and with me and also to and with  her? Please don't tell me you've also tried the yekinicious-mouth-suffocating-microfonic-reflex on her too? embarassed , not the backside emergency entry too? embarassed embarassed did you do it on the roof ? on the kitchen sink and cleaned the area with our antibacterial wipe like we do? embarassed don't tell me you tied one of her legs to the door handle and the other to the Ensuite bathroom door ? did you bounce her in the air and down on your yekini? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Kai! I did not expect you to read this thread na.

Oya, sorry. You know I know how to apologise in bed to the point you will forget all your anger towards me. Pa de mi nibe! (Meet me there) cheesy
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by ikamefa(f): 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2011
jennykadry:

yeparipa!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked this saga guy must be a super-stud!

kai! akoi- correct- buratashi!!!! ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2011
ikamefa:

yeparipa!!!!!!!!!!   shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  this saga guy must be a super-stud!

kai! akoi- correct- buratashi!!!! ?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My name is Saga.

[Saaagaaa-mite]

I keep the ladies . . . . . .

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFJcqSqEw0&feature=related[/flash]

WHA-UHNN!!!  grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFft6r6Des&feature=related
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by OAM4J: 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2011
jennykadry:

Yeee pari pa!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  I don dieded shocked shocked shocked angry
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by ikamefa(f): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sagamite:

My name is Saga.

[Saaagaaa-mite]

I keep the ladies . . . . . .

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFJcqSqEw0&feature=related[/flash]

WHA-UHNN!!!  grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFft6r6Des&feature=related

the ladies wetin? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
ikamefa:

the ladies wetin?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ya heardit! [Does his naughty-player's cheeky grin slash smile]

Don't play like if ya dint! cheesy

[Does his "WHA-UHNN!!!"] grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Pweety4me(f): 3:38am On Mar 20, 2011
Atewo!!(applause) cheesy

@jennykadry u don expose urself finish see you!dis is dirty na
undecided
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 20, 2011
@ika
The last time saga threw me on the air the way I landed on his 4wheeldrive yekini make the thing come out from my throat embarassed

@oam4jenny
ABEG no deaded yet, remember you promised me a lamborghini. Redeem your promise b4 you die abeg cool
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by OAM4J: 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2011
jennykadry:

@oam4jenny
ABEG no deaded yet, remember you promised me a lamborghini. Redeem your promise b4 you die abeg cool

if at all there is any promise like that, then it don enter voicemail, make you go ask saga wey dey throw you up and down like ball on his yekini for lamborghini. angry

I don tell u say my name no be oam4jenny, but oam4j alias oam4muki. Be warned! Mukina2 has a big gun and she is not afraid to use it.  cool
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2011
^^ you actually turn me on when you act all jealous, are you jealous of saga? grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Limaoscar: 5:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
I remember when I locked all Nairalanders out of the forum during a public holiday because I couldn’t keep up with spammers anymore. I was spending several hours every day just deleting spam and I was tired. Mukina2, a famous Nairalander, volunteered to help by moderating and recruiting other volunteer moderators

Seun, welldone and thank you for not caving-in to the myriads of challenges to this forum. your name will be permanently etched into the sands of times. I however think the statement in Bold is Probably the reason the girl got drunk with delegated powers and locked me out of NL permanently for no reason, I repeat no justifiable reason wink.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by semid4lyfe(m): 1:40am On Mar 21, 2011
Limaoscar:
I however think the statement in Bold is Probably the reason the girl got drunk with delegated powers and locked me out of NL permanently for no reason, I repeat no justifiable reason wink

You want her to lock you out of NL permanently again? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Crushes 4-year-old Boy To Death In Calabar [Photo] / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? / Aeroplane With Shopping Mall, Suit Rooms And Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.