Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,973 members, 7,799,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day (9384 Views)

WHO Announces Funding To Roll-out For First-ever Malaria Vaccine In Africa / Coronavirus named ‘Covid-19’ - WHO announces (Video) / Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day by Mekanus(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2020
Topshow4real:

She has taken diclofenac tablets, imbrufen, ciprofloxacin and anti inflammatory drugs, but the pain isn't relieving her at all. Where can we get the injectable diclofenac please? Now she can't walk, sit and sleep because of the pain. Her vision too is terrible because of this crazy disease, she could barely see. I'm really depressed because of her condition. She's really suffering cry
I feel your pain bro, I know what my mum went through in her last days before she passed on. You can find the injectable ones at pharmacies.
Re: Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day by Puredainty(f): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2020
Francisayo:

She was went for checkup when she noticed frequent urination, feeling thirsty than normal and also reduce in weight....

She was given some injection which I suspected to be insulin injections.....She do use herbal drugs too
Ok thanks
Re: Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day by Topshow4real: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2020
Mekanus:
I feel your pain bro, I know what my mum went through in her last days before she passed on. You can find the injectable ones at pharmacies.

Thanks bro. We'll get the injectable ones for her
Re: Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day by Beninwitch: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
damola1:

I think about 10k

So I need to address a false Mis conception generally that diabetes is expensive to maintain.

Yes drugs like glucophage can cost about 8k or so. Diamicron 4k...

But the best food actually are extremely affordable.

Until last year. I used to listen to that crappy statement that it is expensive crap.

I hired a cook and was blowing almost 200k monthly

Now I spend less than 30k monthly. 15k on food. 15k on fish. And add 8k on olive oil.

My most expensive food is roasted Titus fish.
I just came back from the market. The 2 bags of sweet potatoes cost me 2k. And this is me in city center. I will easily eat this dinner meal for next 3weeks. A crate of egg is 1k and that can take me up to 1 week. Beans. Is very affordable. Also I use olive oil.

You have to watch your blood pressure too.

Also the general hospital have great diabetic support doctors. That give excellent advise.

I think the real issue is whether you decide that you want to be hospitalized (by then it is becoming late as it could have affected organs like kidney ( which occurred in my mom case ) ) first or you want to deal with the ailment first

Many Thanks for the advice. You make everything sound doable. I just got a BP machine to manage and track mine. I don't want to add diabetics to it. My mother suffers from the twin evil.
Re: Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day by Beninwitch: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
Larry253:
If you see how mom struggle with this diabetes issue before she left this world it unemaginable...

I feel like dying with my mother, if you see the last moment of my mom on Earth it heart breaking, her heart failed her that moment she depart she repeatedly complaind of chest pain,matter of seconds before you know it she passed away wow BP rises to a high level...

All her properties, clothes,land & etc so cold and empty I regret coming to this world....

I pray end up well!!!

You will end up well! I am so sorry for your loss. Obviously, you are still mourning but pls be strong for your mother's sake. Pls and try get a grip on your health. Make her proud. Love and light.
Re: Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day by Upaka(f): 2:36pm On May 20, 2022
Larry253:
If you see how mom struggle with this diabetes issue before she left this world it unemaginable...

I feel like dying with my mother, if you see the last moment of my mom on Earth it heart breaking, her heart failed her that moment she depart she repeatedly complaind of chest pain,matter of seconds before you know it she passed away wow BP rises to a high level...

All her properties, clothes,land & etc so cold and empty I regret coming to this world....

I pray end up well!!!

So sad. My mom had almost the same experience before she died. Each time I think about it, in fact.... cry cry
I hope you've been able to heal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jos University Teaching Hospital Blocked By Protesting Health Workers - Photos / Tommee Tippee Feeding Bottle Sterilizer 8k/ Baby Bath and Shower 8k / FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.