Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC (61262 Views)

Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' / My NYSC Year Experiences In The Northern Nigeria / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by SexytorresE(f): 7:53am On Nov 15, 2020
undecided undecided
kiddkash:
free 1 year T0T0
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2020
Coldie:
During my nysc despite 19800 I Managed to save over 100k but somebody earning 30k doesn't gave 50k to his name after nysc

I saved over 100k as well, my roomie I trusted empty my account and disappeared. Same state I payed over 60k to redeploy to. NYSC was a waste to me.
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Coldie(m): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2020
BiggyB242:

I saved over 100k as well, my roomie I trusted empty my account and disappeared. Same state I payed over 60k to redeploy to. NYSC was a waste to me.
How did ur roomie do it?
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by SeeHim: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2020
oaugraduate1234:

How do we connect? I'm also a blogger, but yet to make money

Visit My Website
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by SeeHim: 9:38am On Nov 15, 2020
Habinibi:

Am interested

Just Visit My Website And See My Phone Number
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by SeeHim: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2020
mright05:

Please I’m interested , what are the requirements needed for me to start...

Go to Google Search Engine And search for , you will see our details
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by adinoyi360: 9:41am On Nov 15, 2020
Koulture:
School na scam.
school is not scam,we go to school to acquire knowledge, and use the knowledge to shape our future. But if believe that you are going to school get a certificate and get automatically enployent you will be disappointed.
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Axadus: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
grin
5k for anybody that can explain
What is going on in this photo..

I gat your back, any day any time
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 15, 2020
Coldie:

How did ur roomie do it?
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by kllinxman(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2020
Even if they tell you, you wouldn't still believe....
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Weirdgee: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Many people see NYSC as an opportunity to save money for the challenges ahead. I believe this isn't the best mindset to carry into NYSC.

I advise you to see NYSC as a great opportunity to learn, gather experience and make connections if you truly have a plan for your life.

You can 'work' yourself into a public school for your primary assignment (PPA), work for two or three days a week and use your free time to learn skills like graphic design, programming, data science, fashion designing, project management etc.

You also get to meet bright minds from other schools. They may be poor today but only God knows what tomorrow holds. Besides that, you get to share ideas that can open your mind to opportunities and trigger your innovation and creativity. So, NYSC is a great avenue for healthy and useful socialization.

Finally, the allawee is enough to live a reasonable life (at least for your one year service). You can offer to work for free in a private company. In the real sense it isn't free because you're gathering experience and building a portfolio. For example, you may offer to work in a private university in exchange for no monthly stipends. At least after your NYSC, you can boast in your CV that you have lecturing experience.

Finally, if you love yourself and have plans for your future, please avoid private secondary schools. Don't be enticed with their 5,000-10,000 monthly stipend.

Firstly, that 10k will not improve your welfare reasonably. Also, there's little or no useful experience to acquire in a private secondary school. Finally, they'll consume every calorie in your body and second of your time. You won't have time for any personal development.

I wish I had someone to tell me this during my service year. I hope this will help someone.

In conclusion.
Please don't see NYSC as a money-making scheme. The 400k per year can't take you anywhere. However, it can help you think worry less about hunger and focus on self-development for a year.
...and year is enough to learn whatever you want to learn.

I hope this helps someone.
Thanks op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by tolajay: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2020
Everyone needs some dose of motivation to proceed through life.

Success comes by pushing against every known and unknown odds/challenges.

All you've done is to give excuses not to progress.

Quit excusing failures and move against challenges.

Sirwallace:

while I commend the op write up, stop sounding like a motivational speaker.

you have no idea how it is to be posted to a remote area where you hustle for ordinary water to bath and half the time, there is no electricity to charge your phone.

na for Niger Delta boys village you go dey carry system go dey charge?

if you stay in a city where you can actually enhance those skills, fine. otherwise, this is wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by kiddkash(m): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
SexytorresE:
undecided undecided
as harsh as it might be, its true

1 Like

Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Yemialade(f): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Thanks so much.this helps a lot.am yet to go for my nysc seruice.GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Sirwallace(m): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
tolajay:
Everyone needs some dose of motivation to proceed through life.

Success comes by pushing against every known and unknown odds/challenges.

All you've done is to give excuses not to progress.

Quite excusing failures and move against challenges.

Bro, I am a big fan of enhance your skills, get better and think big.

Also, a lizard in Nigeria will not become a crocodile in America.

But a crocodile in America can become a lizard I'm Nigeria. Believe it or not.

Stop sounding like motivational speaker, them don cast. and its sounding like a broken record
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by bluefilm: 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
[s]Many people see NYSC as an opportunity to save money for the challenges ahead. I believe this isn't the best mindset to carry into NYSC.I advise you to see NYSC as a great opportunity to learn, gather experience and make connections if you truly have a plan for your life.You can 'work' yourself into a public school for your primary assignment (PPA), work for two or three days a week and use your free time to learn skills like graphic design, programming, data science, fashion designing, project management etc.You also get to meet bright minds from other schools. They may be poor today but only God knows what tomorrow holds. Besides that, you get to share ideas that can open your mind to opportunities and trigger your innovation and creativity. So, NYSC is a great avenue for healthy and useful socialization.Finally, the allawee is enough to live a reasonable life (at least for your one year service). You can offer to work for free in a private company. In the real sense it isn't free because you're gathering experience and building a portfolio. For example, you may offer to work in a private university in exchange for no monthly stipends. At least after your NYSC, you can boast in your CV that you have lecturing experience.Finally, if you love yourself and have plans for your future, please avoid private secondary schools. Don't be enticed with their 5,000-10,000 monthly stipend.Firstly, that 10k will not improve your welfare reasonably. Also, there's little or no useful experience to acquire in a private secondary school. Finally, they'll consume every calorie in your body and second of your time. You won't have time for any personal development.I wish I had someone to tell me this during my service year. I hope this will help someone.In conclusion.Please don't see NYSC as a money-making scheme. The 400k per year can't take you anywhere. However, it can help you think worry less about hunger and focus on self-development for a year...and year is enough to learn whatever you want to learn.I hope this helps someone[/s].

Useless and nonsense rambling as usual. sad
Re: I Wish Someone Told Me This Before My NYSC by Ablemed: 8:42am On Nov 16, 2020
freeman67:

It should boost your CV. If you work your way there and relate well with everyone. Ensure you get yourself in the good books of senior officers there; you will get good references. Serving with them will also expose you to their ways of doing thing that could prepare you before hand. Depending on your course of study, if you read a professional course and your area of study is needed your display of efficiency, effectiveness and readiness to learn may also favour.

The most important thing is that have set your goal. Work towards it, have faith and believe in God that it is possible except if he has a better option for you.

Thanks xoxo much bro for the Advice

but I did not study a professional course Infact my course might be termed worthless in this part of our world but it's lucrative in countries like Australia, US that got regards for Wildlife n it's resources

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong With This NYSC Outfit? (Photo) / Female Muslim Corpers Step Out In Style (Photo) / Chizzy Alichi Hits Anambra NYSC Camp To Serve Fatherland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.