Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

#EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army (39856 Views)

Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra / EndSARS: Most Nigerian Youths Are High On Drugs - Mojisola Alli-Macaulay / The 53 Suitcases Were Owned By A Norther Ruler - Atiku (2017). Did He Lie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Malawian(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
Front0lane:

Same Adeniran Ogunsanya? How many igbo fit afford the store on that street ? Many of you Igbos too foolish walahi.
See this Ode. The question is how many Yoruba's have shops there and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
AregbeFufu:

There will be no "retaliation" against anyone in igbo land. I'm certain that this is the last time you will ever hear this allegation from this man.
No one will start running around reposting everywhere.
No one will open thread after thread on Nairaland restating it till it becomes popular.
No conspiracy theories will start springing up left right and centre.
That's how igbos are,they aren't fickle and insecure like some people at the west coast.
However the Yorubas have once again reassured the Igbos that they won't waste a second pushing them off a cliff whenever they carelessly lose focus, like they did during the protests.
Can't divide the already divided.
Southern unity my ass.

So are you saying that Nnamdi kanu didn't release a recording calling for the destruction of yoruba businesses in lagos
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by kjsixtynine: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
I hope this will shut up those stupid Tinubu minions like @TecMo who were going around trying to make this a Yoruba vs Igbo thing.

Same idiot accused me of being a bastard son of Yoruba origin simply because I disagreed with him on the purpose of the protests and the way forward.

Now I can understand that for some persons here, it is business as usual. They are being paid by politicians to launder their image and influence people's opinion. But a majority of us have a stake in this project called Nigeria. Our lives are intricately woven with Nigeria's. And we want it to be better so that our own lives can be better.

Supporting obviously corrupt politicians regardless of ethnicity and religion is never going to make Nigeria better. You may be benefitting, hell you may even have a house in london and a foreign passport, but it will not have made Nigeria better. Nigeria can only be better when we all stand on common ground, condemning the acts of these cowards we have as leaders whilst demanding change.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by booblacain(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
vanbonattel:
Are you serious ?

Igbos own Nigerian Ports Authority

Igbos own Oba of Lagos palace (Oba is just a tenant ) lol

Igbos own TVC news station

Igbos own the warehouse and all the palliative looted

Igbos own all the BRT buses and terminals

Igbos own all the police stations

Igbos bought oriental hotels 2 days before the riots.grin

mumu, "most businesses". Most of you are terrible with comprehension yet you are the first to rush to comment.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
Yes.....Yo' robber media.

I am not Igbo nor Yoruba but the Army testament is very wrong.
Jamming two heads together so as to avoid being caught in the web.
That's is. They go just go bring two heads jam together and then fight go start. Then they will start forming peace corps for war wey na them start
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by booblacain(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2020
Acekidc4:
Let all of us should be calming down oooo..... Only Igbo properties like how

How did "most" become "only" in your head. Why do most of you youths in this forum have issues with comprehension?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by SenecaTheYonger: 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
vanbonattel:
Are you serious ?

You don’t know the difference between business and institutions. Chai. And na this kind illiterate full Nairaland front page.

At least this is coming from a Yoruba army General before they report it as biased news

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
AregbeFufu:

There will be no "retaliation" against anyone in igbo land. I'm certain that this is the last time you will ever hear this allegation from this man.
No one will open thread after thread on Nairaland restating it till it becomes popular.
That's how igbos are,they aren't fickle and insecure like some people at the west coast.
However the Yorubas have once again reassured the Igbos that they won't waste a second pushing them off a cliff whenever they carelessly lose focus, like they did during the protests.
Southern unity my ass.

And carelessly loose focus by the countless number of yoruba sons and daughters who are still participating in the protests who have had their passports seized and have been taken to court on behalf of the government by a Igbo "civil rights" activist.

Your albino leader MNK brought in division as soon as his started blabbing from his London apartment...the Yorubas owe no one anything, if anyone fells betrayed he/she can jump in the lagoon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by SenecaTheYonger: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
obiekunie2:

YES WE ARE A BLESSED PEOPLE!

MEANWHILE AFTER YOUR LAMENTATIONS PLS GO BACK AND READ THE WORD "MOST" AFTER THAT, TAKE YOUR TIME AND GO BACK AND DO A SURVEY ON LOOTED WAREHOUSE FROM ELECTRONICS WAREHOUSE, CLOTHES WAREHOUSES, AUTOPARTS WAREHOUSE, PROVISION WAREHOUSE, THEN COME BACK AND TELL US HOW MANY OF THOSE WAREHOUSE BELONG TO YORUBAS!

THE YORUBA CONTROLLED PRESS ONLY SHOWED YOU GOVERNMENT WAREHOUSE AND TINUBU'S SMALL INVESTMENTS THAT WERE VANDALISED BUT FAIL TO REPORT THE NUMEROUS WAREHOUSES WHICH WERE OWNED BY IGBOS THAT WERE VANDALIZE.

The marginalization in this country is just too much. I’m glad you wrote this in caps

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by magicminister: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
Divide and rule tactics at work. Whipping up ethnic sentiments
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by SenecaTheYonger: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
This is the biggest lies ever. They destroyed Lagos through IPOB miscreants.

Might as well believe that Buhari is dead if we are going by Facebook screenshot as reliable sources now
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Wannabenz: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
He said 'Most' am I crazy or you guys are crazy?
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Emanodimo(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
IamWonderful:
Why was the looting and destruction of properties in computer village foiled by people despite curfew

In fact, computer village is a conflagration of diverse owners....the rich, the poor, police, military, yankee guys, G-boiz, etc...

The people were at alert...united to secure their investment that is why they couldn't loot Computer Village, Ikeja.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Hassanmaye(m): 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2020
Just imagined this wickedness for God sake

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

U probably might be d major beneficiary of d primary 2 politics section. If not, u should understand what d army officer is trying to do, use ethnicity to divide popular opinion on d subject matter. Unfortunately, u fell for it
I didn’t fall for anything
That they said so to me
Mean that every tribe suffered it
Not as some Yoruba think
Like people peddling false news that igbos destroyed their region
Their statement to me means no tribe was exempted
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by fabsyl(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
it was looted by lazy agbero and skull miners who had nothing else to do.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by charlibo1: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
So now they want to turn us against ourselves. Nice try

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by TheMostComplex1: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
Nawa for people in nairaland.com they're always fighting themselves I doubt if they are matured.
They reason I like the blog visitors of SDKS.

The Army said most destructions in Aja, Sangotedo & the other one.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by AregbeFufu: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

So are you saying that Nnamdi kanu didn't release a recording calling for the destruction of yoruba businesses in lagos
This recording has been mentioned so many times,I haven't listened to it and my guess is that you also have not listened to it but doesn't stop you from screaming about it anyway.
But the fact that this recording is the only thing you guys have been holding onto to push your narrative says a lot.
Nnamdi kanu the same motor mouth that claimed that his foot soldiers would burn Abuja if he gets arrested?
Same clown that placed a bounty on all SE governors.
The glory seeking clown actually wants to be blamed for the violence in Lagos so he will claim to be destroying the "zoo". Don't you know?
But listen to yourself we've seen videos of the rampaging hoodlums speaking yoruba in mass.
The army recently paraded over 30 arrested hoodlums,all had yoruba names.
How could the ipob clown have pulled it off when majority of his foot soldiers are in the East?
Its funny how hundreds of hoodlums from a particular tribe have been identified as partaking in the mayhem,but to you that's not enough evidence to claim it was the tribe that pulled off the violence.
But the only evidence you need to indict another certain tribe of the same crime is a voice note recorded in a bedroom in London.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by olatuns2017: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
bolaayenimo:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-endsars-most-businesses-looted-destroyed-were-igbo-owned-army/

YOU ARE sensational ignoramus
Sir you are incorrect
This statement is smelling
IPOB in collabu wiht PDP apologists destroyed Lagos

burnt BRT bus?
burnt The nation?...while the sun newspaper was not torched
burnt TVC?
looted Twins faja?
burnt local government offices across Lagos?

And so many more

odua has lost a lot with fake news

Odua scrutinized all news before digesting it
IPOB are ready to bring SW to destruction using FAKE news

Lagos still ontop

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by lexy2014: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

I didn’t fall for anything
That they said so to me
Mean that every tribe suffered it
Not as some Yoruba think
Like people peddling false news that igbos destroyed their region
Their statement to me means no tribe was exempted

U are only corroborating what I said. D fact that u couldn't sense d divide and rule intention of d statement of d army general, is clear indication that u are more moved by ethnic sentiments & hence u fell for d statement
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
Jonathan39:
I don't know who you work for. I am Igbo and I believe in a United South. The same useless army when to obigbo and killed our people without verification. Why should I believe the army now? It is simple divide and rule tactics. Ogun kill the Army

I didn't remember asking you anything related to the gibberish you submitted.

So you are igbo and?
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by caprini1: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2020
vanbonattel:

Oya, mention the ones you know, or keep quiet forever.
Clayart showroom at lekki express (igbo man ,nnewi)and LG shop ikotun(igbo man ,enugu),SLOT and POINTEK SHOPS, IKOTUN.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Nwaotu10(m): 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2020
Didn't I say it here?

They destroyed our properties in Lagos, ogun and osun State.

It's on record, we will never forget.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Scout60(m): 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2020
vanbonattel:

Oya, mention the ones you know, or keep quiet forever.

Remember that the igbo guy that sue igbo protesters said his business was affected
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by deltapikin(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
vanbonattel:
Are you serious ?

The General said most of the businesses looted are owned by Igbos, he didn't say all the businesses.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by KingOdart(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
AregbeFufu:

Southern unity my ass.

Shut the f.uck up

Retaliate on propaganda that Igbo businesses were attacked?

Even if you retaliate you still have the most to lose

How many Yoruba businesses are in the East?

Attack any Yoruba businesses you know in the East, it will just make the west unsafe for you guys.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by ibinaboonline: 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
Read again. He didn't say all destroyed infrastructure
He said most looted business. MOST. BUSINESSES. Not all businesses and not all vandalised properties. Na wa o.
vanbonattel:
Are you serious ?

Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by abdullkabar(m): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, efik etc
Is that what this is about!!!
We are being slaved and butchered in our own country, and some are already being swayed by the uncalled excuse of NA
The youths killed were youths(irrespective of ethnic)
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by Agugbadin: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
White and blatant lies plus conspiracy theories. Are Igbos the owner of TVC NEWS, Igboshere court, BRT Buses to mention but a few.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by AregbeFufu: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
KingOdart:

Shut the f.uck up

Retaliate on propaganda that Igbo businesses were attacked?

Even if you retaliate you still have the most to lose

How many Yoruba businesses are in the East?

Attack any Yoruba businesses you know in the East, it will just make the west unsafe for you guys.

I'm sure I'm not the one you're talking to. You're talking to an impression of me you formed in your head.
So now you hate propaganda?
But you didn't hate it when you guys where pointing fingers and screaming yoruba ronu.
Re: #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army by ogascomax: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
vanbonattel:
Are you serious ?

What annoyed me about your responses are the people that liked it. It showed low level of intelligence in this forum and in our nation at large. They said BUSINESSES and you are bringing government institutions and some private individuals while the comparison was to a particular group of people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition / Hamza Al-Mustapha To Be Named Next NSCDC Boss - Guardian / Senator Nwaogu Dumps PDP For APC, Says Party Has Lost Focus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.