Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System (39942 Views)

119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka / Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 / Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by favor914: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:
For thos saying Igbo enwe Eze and there Rubbish propaganda.

This is a testament that Igbos have kings before the arrival of the white man

As for the caste system, I reserve my comment.
But it was the same Ndiigbos that said they never had any central rulership? Abi was it the Hausa, or Yoruba that said it?
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Bkayyy: 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2020
favor914:
But it was the same Ndiigbos that said they never had any central rulership? Abi was it the Hausa, or Yoruba that said it?
Ndigbo were and are still autonomous which is more advanced than central Kingdom. Take for instance, the Europeans are dropping those outdated central rulership to more autonomous method Ndigbo are known for and gave it the sweetest name in the world known as REPUBLIC.
Oga, ancient Ndigbo were more advanced than other black nations
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by kraftysprouts: 12:05am On Nov 15, 2020
DamZik:
Till then. I can conviniently convince you that wicked people don't die before their time. They live long to perpetuate their wickedness. Many examples abound in the scriptures and in this contemporary life.

Just mention Nigerian politicians

1 Like

Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Jesslove(f): 1:20am On Nov 15, 2020
The marriage should start with igwe children
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Xantel(f): 3:55am On Nov 15, 2020
Nice one igwe
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by iboboyswag(m): 4:18am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Both the Governor and the commissioner will die before their time.

Since he has been abolishing because of modernization, soon, one abolishment would come to him.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by OfoIgbo: 4:39am On Nov 15, 2020
Bkayyy:

That is a ballant lie. Nri was just the spiritual capital of Nri environs not Anaedo. It's like you haven't heard of Anaedo before. Nri never crowned anybody from the anaedo clan

Which clan abrogates abominations in Nnewi? IKPU ALU
Everywhere NRI people carried out IKPU ALU, NRI people crowned their kings in ancient times, if they had monarchies

You think this is all about talking and doing gragra.

I am a nwadiana in Uruagu Nnewi by the way, so I know way more about Nnewi than you know.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Everywhere NRI people carried out IKPU ALU, NRI people crowned their kings in ancient times, if they had monarchies

I am a nwadiana in Uruagu Nnewi by the way, so I know way more about Nnewi than you know.

Nwadienu indeed.

You lie alot with these your nri bla bla

Take that lies to outsiders unless you want to continue diagrace yourself.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Godson32(m): 5:48am On Nov 15, 2020
Where can I find the beautiful osu women I want to check something
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Mac2016(m): 6:36am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Totally impossible. Oke adia eri Ife onye mu anya..

It will be a fight to finish and every ancestors must send such generation to extinction.
Lol. Nothing will happen as nothing happened when the forest was brought down all these "something will happen" theories are conspired superstitions. Anyone can abolish anything without grave consequences
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by OfoIgbo: 6:39am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Nwadienu indeed.

You lie alot with these your nri bla bla

Take that lies to outsiders unless you want to continue diagrace yourself.

Which clan does the IKPU ALU in Nnewi?

If you don't know, go and ask Nnewi elders and they will tell you. I am already certain you're not from Nnewi
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 15, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Which clan does the IKPU ALU in Nnewi?

If you don't know, go and ask Nnewi elders and they will tell you. I am already certain you're not from Nnewi

There is nothing to ask. Are you lips sealed that you are asking me to ask who?

Your lies should be fed to outsiders as usual and not shooting yourself up and down with nri bla bla bla.

The people has nothing to do with nri.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 15, 2020
Mac2016:

Lol. Nothing will happen as nothing happened when the forest was brought down all these "something will happen" theories are conspired superstitions. Anyone can abolish anything without grave consequences

The gods can never be against the progress of his own people.

That is totally different from Kingship.

What he did then, today now bears fruits and have produced many prominent people.

So your two comparison is dead.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by OfoIgbo: 6:50am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Your lies should be fed to outsiders as usual and not shooting yourself up and down with nri bla bla bla.

Confirms my point. You are not Igbo.

NKWO Nnewi, how do you think it came about? Clue: Umu-Nri own all the market day shrines
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 15, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Confirms my point. You are not Igbo.

NKWO Nnewi, how do you think it came about? Clue: Umu-Nri own all the market day shrines

It has been long you started writing it. Take it to Bini as usual to dribble.

Maybe mgbeke, mgbafor and mgbenkwo are also enshrined in your shrine.

Stewwwpiddity on freestyle. The history was apt and straight and no place was nri tagged in and that settles the case.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by OfoIgbo: 7:08am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

It has been long you started writing it. Take it to Bini as usual to dribble.

Maybe mgbeke, mgbafor and mgbenkwo are also enshrined in your shrine.

Stewwwpiddity on freestyle. The history was apt and straight and no place was nri tagged in and that settles the case.

Much of the cultural practices in Nnewi points to their NRI links in the past. You can go and jump off a cliff, for all I care.

And yes, Mgbeke and the rest are names given to female children within the NRI sphere of influence, who were born on those market days dedicated to those NRI shrines. Eat your heart out
cool
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 15, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Much of the cultural practices in Nnewi points to their NRI links in the past. You can go and jump off a cliff, for all I care.

And yes, Mgbeke and the rest are names given to female children within the NRI sphere of influence, who were born on those market days dedicated to those NRI shrines. Eat your heart out
cool

Abeg say something else.

it is no longer that they are nri but much of..

Mtcheeeeeew.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by okwusdidi: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2020
What a great King.I suggest that history should be made compulsory in our secondary schools.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Bkayyy: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2020
OfoIgbo:

I've addressed the case of ịkpụ alụ already. Akanri were sent for those processes but as for coronation, nobody coronated Igwe Nnewi. Infact the leader of Nnewi has always been the Obi of Otolo it was even of recent days that he started going by the title Igwe.
Nri was just the spiritual capital nothing more.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Okoroawusa: 8:27am On Nov 15, 2020
Which osu caste system did you abolish in Nnewi?

Igwe stop lying...If truly you abolished Osu in Nnewi..ngwanu let one of your sons marry one of the osu girls in Nnewi let us see.

The Osu Caste system is as old as the igbo race itself and has refused to go even after the impact of Christianity on the igbo people. It has defied all remedies. I don't believe in fetish things but even my born again morher won't be alive and watch me marry an Osu even though "old l things are passed away".
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Bkayyy: 8:28am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

No, Akanri were sent for ịkpụ alụ in all those places those days. He is right about that one. That is just spiritual processes especially in cases of suicide or poor harvest but NRI never had political control over Anaedo clan from time immemorial
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Which osu caste system did you abolish in Nnewi?

Igwe stop lying...If truly you abolished Osu in Nnewi..ngwanu let one of your sons marry one of the osu girls in Nnewi let us see.

The Osu Caste system is as old as the igbo race itself and has refused to go even after the impact of Christianity on the igbo people. It has defied all remedies. I don't believe in fetish things but even my born again morher won't be alive and watch me marry an Osu even though "old l things are passed away".

His daughter is married to one.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Okoroawusa: 8:36am On Nov 15, 2020
favor914:
Igbos don't have Kings. Any kingship is a modern creation. If you trace the history of Nnewi you will discover that they was a time they had no king.
Igbos live in villages,clans,kindreds and communities. No kingdoms, no central administration system like the one you find in Benin, Oyo,and Sokoto before the coming of the Europeans.
Any igboman won't travel too far from his village because traveling was done by leg and through thick forests. The Europeans came and opened up roads,set up towns n our people started leaving their abodes to travel far.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Okoroawusa: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

His daughter is married to one.
What is her name. And is the Osu man from Nnewi.

Let me even ask you, where can you find the osus in Nnewi?
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Okoroawusa: 8:41am On Nov 15, 2020
Theranos:
The Nri (Eri) priest-kings came from Bini, they were children of the Ogiso, the 'sky kings'.

The Ogiso in turn were the illegitimate scions of Oduduwa (whom a lot of disrespectful Ibos on here are quick to refer to as the 'demon who fell fron the sky'.

Oduduwa spawned the Ogiso dynasty during the short period he resided at Igodomigodo, while on exile from his throne at Ile-Ife.

Ile-Ife the Source! Oonirisha the King of Kings!
What is this one saying?

One you people will say that the sultan of Sokoto came from Bini...
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

What is her name. And is the Osu man from Nnewi.

Let me even ask you, where can you find the osus in Nnewi?

Your question is totally off from your main submission.

I gave you an answer, it is left for you to verify.

This is not an interview or a Q& A session.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Igbos don't have Kings. Any kingship is a modern creation. If you trace the history of Nnewi you will discover that they was a time they had no king.
Igbos live in villages,clans,kindreds and communities. No kingdoms, no central administration system like the one you find in Benin, Oyo,and Sokoto before the coming of the Europeans.
Any igboman won't travel too far from his village because traveling was done by leg and through thick forests. The Europeans came and opened up roads,set up towns n our people started leaving their abodes to travel far.

At one they done have. At one time Oyo you used as example don't have kings until they organised themselves to units.

But orizu explanation was clear, the kingship was in-born and have been there right from dawn of time before the white joined.

Go and read the history and you will see the kingship have been there all round
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Mac2016(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The gods can never be against the progress of his own people.

That is totally different from Kingship.

What he did then, today now bears fruits and have produced many prominent people.

So your two comparison is dead.
Sadly, you missed the point owing to your emotions.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Okoroawusa: 8:48am On Nov 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Your question is totally off from your main submission.

I have you an answer, it is left for you to verify.

This is not an interview or a Q& A session.
Nwanna are you truly from Anambra?
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 15, 2020
Mac2016:
Sadly, you missed the point owing to your emotions.
No you missed it when you want to juxtapose two un-related stuffs.
Re: Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Nwanna are you truly from Anambra?

Well, I have made it clear that I will never answer that question here..
Ya diwa..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Of Ife In Cheerful Mood At 50th Birthday Of Olu Of Ilaro(p / Fire Guts Ooni Of Ife Palace Courtyard Burnt Down To Ashes(photos,Video) / Ooni Ogunwusi Appears For Festival After Going Into Spiritual Seclusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.