Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health (7107 Views)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
I am fed up with this country. I am officially depressed and I seriously want to leave this hell hole.
The government is borrowing money everyday for projects we are not seeing. FYI as a Nigerian you automatically owe IMF 150k.
The inflation rate is skyrocketing, 500k salary as at today is equivalent to to 200k of 5years ago. Thank Goddess I stored most of my cash in USD.
NPower graduate is earning 33k while “repented” bokoharam member is enjoying 160k plus foreign education.
Our leaders children are citizens and residents of foreign country.
Are we going to continue like this? Now I understand why ppl travel abroad via road, what hope does a graduate have in this country?
My new year resolution is to leave this country before May by God’s Grace. My mental health is astake, I don’t mind any pathway, Student route or Visitor route (That can lead to Residency).
No hope for Nigeria again.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by flyingpig: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
Since wey your mates wake up na now u wake up

23 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
Bros i used to champion the band wagon of those saying Nigeria will get better”. It’s only going to get worse. In 2023 Tinubu will be President for another 8years.
Time is going before you know it you’re already 45.
Nigeria is a dream killer

flyingpig:
Since wey your mates wake up na now u wake up

16 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kinkykinky: 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
grin
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2020
Chairman even people with gofment job that pays close to 200k are thinking of running away from the country! U are not alone.

9 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by olamide0147: 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
Damian457:
I am fed up with this country. I am officially depressed and I seriously want to leave this hell hole.
The government is borrowing money everyday for projects we are not seeing. FYI as a Nigerian you automatically owe IMF 150k.
The inflation rate is skyrocketing, 500k salary as at today is equivalent to to 200k of 5years ago. Thank Goddess I stored most of my cash in USD.
NPower graduate is earning 33k while “repented” bokoharam member is enjoying 160k plus foreign education.
Are we going to continue like this? Now I understand why ppl travel abroad via road, what hope does a graduate have in this country?
My new year resolution is to leave this country before May by God’s Grace. My mental health is astake, I don’t mind any pathway, Student route or Visitor route (That can lead to Residency).
if you like get panic attack you no dey go anywhere if you don't have the resources, we plenty for here wey don dey frustrate for years,no carry your matter disturb us for here

6 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
Thank God say you don wake up.
Now time to forge ahead and start planning
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
You're not alone OP
Na just €15K they hold me down, if I see am this evening I go dey Europe earliest by February
Even the owner of this forum as at 11 yrs ago was planing to flee this country .
Now I'm 100% sure that if there's a given opportunity or slot of leaving this country Seun won't think twice.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
Bros what up with 15k €? Is it Student route?

ZIINI:
You're not alone OP
Na just €15K they hold me down, if I see am this evening I go dey Europe earliest by February
Even the owner of this forum as at 11 yrs ago was planing to flee this country .
Now I'm 100% sure that if there's a given opportunity or slot of leaving this country Seun won't think twice.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2020
Damian457:
Bros what up with 15k €? Is it Student route?

Yep embarassed
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Goodman247: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
It will take along time for Nigeria to get better, maybe this our generation has passed on.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
For Germany?

ZIINI:

Yep embarassed
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
Not even in our children’s generation
Goodman247:
It will take along time for Nigeria to get better, maybe this our generation has passed on.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2020
Damian457:
For Germany?

Netherlands

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by ChiefB: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
Damian457:
You are not alone, right now my prestigious 500k job worts less than 100k job now. I'm seriously thinking of returning back to Europe even if it means doing cleaning job there.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
ChiefB:

You are not alone, right now my prestigious 500k job worts less than 100k job now. I'm seriously thinking of returning back to Europe even if it means doing cleaning job there.
Kai Chairman are you serious? shocked

U are not far from the truth, nowadays majority of people (I am talking about upper spectrum of the middle class) hardly use brand new original consumables and luxury goods. because they can not afford it.

What u will be hearing is tokunbo car, jeep, okrika bra, pant, second hand shoes, bags, sweater, socks to mention but a few.

With the way this country is going very soon we will start experiencing okrika garri, tokunbo rice, second hand salad!

12 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
This is sad menh
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Kai Chairman are you serious? shocked

U are not far from the truth, nowadays majority of people (I am talking about upper spectrum of the middle class) hardly use brand new original consumables and luxury goods. because they can not afford it.

What u will be hearing is tokunbo car, jeep, okrika bra, pant, second hand shoes, bags, sweater, socks to mention but a few.

With the way this country is going very soon we will start experiencing okrika garri, tokunbo rice, second hand salad!

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
Bros there is nothing wrong with doing cleaning job at least for the main time. There is always a phase to everything in life. Nothing wrong with doing cleaning jobs for some time before gaining your feet. The most important thing is to have a plan

ChiefB:

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
My chairman don wake up. Thank God for you. grin

3 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
Bros nor be small thing oo. No hope for this country again at all
Activist001:
My chairman don wake up. Thank God for you. grin
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2020
No be only you bro....na money to take move dey hold most of us down .....
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2020
Samson0599:
No be only you bro....na money to take move dey hold most of us down .....
Àjèh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2020
ChiefB:

Before I say anything
Are you in Europe before coming to Nigeria?
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by jesmond3945: 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
Damian457:
and you think abroad is better? Are you not aware of the damage coronavirus is having on the economy of the west with rising hostility towards foreigners? Please tune in to your local news or you can call friends abroad for more info

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2020
You’re just so shallow minded. Coronavirus vaccine is out and by this time next year, it will be history.
Coronavirus is a global pandemic, everybody is suffering it, Insecurity is not, Boko Haram is not, FG loans is not, joblessness is not, low standard of living is not.
See ehn don’t allow me unleash my anger on you. Just vamoose

jesmond3945:
and you think abroad is better? Are you not aware of the damage coronavirus is having on the economy of the west with rising hostility towards foreigners? Please tune in to your local news or you can call friends abroad for more info

34 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Karleb(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2020
Any foreigner reading this would think is not this bad, the truth is, the country is worse.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2020
Nigeria is doomed. Chilling in canada lol

9 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by jesmond3945: 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2020
Damian457:
You’re just so shallow minded. Coronavirus vaccine is out and by this time next year, it will be history.
Coronavirus is a global pandemic, everybody is suffering it, Insecurity is not, Boko Haram is not, FG loans is not, joblessness is not, low standard of living is not.
See ehn don’t allow me unleash my anger on you. Just vamoose

last time I checked Northerners are the victim of Boko Haram unless you live in the north, my bad. Insecurity is not peculiar to naija alone. Usa, brazil, south africa, france are all crime prone. Innocent people are killed in those countries. Is it because they don't report it in the media? Go to alternative media platforms like hoodsite dot com worldstarhiphop dot com and see for yourself.
You are talking about loans, which country is not borrowing to stay afloat this moment? UK is running a furlough scheme, for unemployed people which has run the country into debt and you know who will pay it? Foreigners with huge taxes. You work like lion and eat like ant.
USA worst unemployment records at the moment. You think if you enter abroad, you would even see cleaning job? Lol.
The problem in naija is just corruption and bad government. Swear you didn't vote in this bad government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Billions123: 12:38am On Nov 15, 2020
jesmond3945:
last time I checked Northerners are the victim of Boko Haram unless you live in the north, my bad. Insecurity is not peculiar to naija alone. Usa, brazil, south africa, france are all crime prone. Innocent people are killed in those countries. Is it because they don't report it in the media? Go to alternative media platforms like hoodsite dot com worldstarhiphop dot com and see for yourself.
You are talking about loans, which country is not borrowing to stay afloat this moment? UK is running a furlough scheme, for unemployed people which has run the country into debt and you know who will pay it? Foreigners with huge taxes. You work like lion and eat like ant.
USA worst unemployment records at the moment. You think if you enter abroad, you would even see cleaning job? Lol.
The problem in naija is just corruption and bad government. Swear you didn't vote in this bad government.
Bros rest.

22 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 4:33am On Nov 15, 2020
jesmond3945:

You're comparing naija to America, Canada, etc. ? There's patriotism, then there's stupidity. Bros stop it.

23 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by jesmond3945: 6:42am On Nov 15, 2020
maternal:

You're comparing naija to America, Canada, etc. ? There's patriotism, then there's stupidity. Bros stop it.
travel and see for yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines To Begin Flights To Kano / China: First Thing That Comes To Mind? / Step To Have Vietnam Visa On Arrival Online 2014 - 2015, Save Money??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.