Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health (7101 Views)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Olovictor: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2020
maternal:

You're comparing naija to America, Canada, etc. ? There's patriotism, then there's stupidity. Bros stop it.

No mind them.
Some Nigerian are born to discourage, help they can't rendered the only thing they good at is discourage some one from progress. So my brother just follow your heart and pray for the grace.
Na to move is the only option.
We move.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2020
That’s the only way out.
Moveeee!!! This country is heading to the Abyss.
What ever opportunity you have go for it especially if you’re a youth 25-35 years

Olovictor:

No mind them.
Some Nigerian are born to discourage, help they can't rendered the only thing they good at is discourage some one from progress. So my brother just follow your heart and pray for the grace.
Na to move is the only option.
We move.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
maternal:

Then what happens after school ? People are trying to get citizenship not a PHD.
PhD gives you over 90% chances of getting your permanent residence, this will subsequently lead to citizenship. Even if for any reason, you don't get citizenship, your permanent residence status is guaranteed. In addition, even with the knowledge, skills and money you'll make while doing your PhD, you'll become hot cake in other developed countries of the world, if for any reason your village people find a way to stop you from getting your permanent residence/citizenship in the US.

Note that it's not compulsory to follow this route, there are other routes to follow. Everything depends on the skill/resources you possess or what you wanna do with your life. But in my opinion, if you are academically sound, the PhD pathway is the cheapest way to enter and remain in the US. The only other cheap but difficult and complex (another topic on its own) alternative is to get married to a US citizen.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
How is marriage difficult and complex please ?

kevwemanuel:

PhD gives you over 90% chances of getting your permanent residence, this will subsequently lead to citizenship. Even if for any reason, you don't get citizenship, your permanent residence status is guaranteed.

Note that it's not compulsory to follow this route, there are other routes to follow. Everything depends on the skill you possess or what you wanna do with your life. But it you ask me, if you are academically sound, the PhD pathway is the cheapest way to enter and remain in the US. The only other cheap but difficult and complex (another topic on its own) alternative is to get married to a US citizen.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
Have you heard about Akata wahala before? You think it's so easy to move all the way from naija and pick a "SUITABLE" life partner?
Bro it's a long topic oh. It's doable, but complex
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damian457:
How is marriage difficult and complex please ?

Have you heard about Akata wahala before? You think it's so easy to move all the way from naija and pick a "SUITABLE" life partner?
Bro it's a long topic oh. It's doable, but complex.

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
True sha...I heard some of them are pains in the Ass...especially the uneducated ones
kevwemanuel:

Bro it's a long topic oh. It's doable, but complex.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damian457:
True sha...I heard some of them are pains in the Ass...especially the uneducated ones

I tell you. And you are likely to live the rest of your life at their liberty, except God just help you get better one. If you have at least a 2;1 just use #70k to write GRE,use another 70k to write TOEFL. Prepare for these exams like say na life or death. Ace these exams and shoot your shot to US schools. If you get 320 and above in GRE, you must get full funding to a PhD program including monthly allowance of as high as $3000. And with a fully funded PhD, u will have no worries in securing your visa because Dem know say u b hot cake to get fully funded. Arrange your flight ticket money and BTA and ball into the US with your full chest and make your own choice of a life partner without fear of losing your legal status.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
kevwemanuel:

PhD gives you over 90% chances of getting your permanent residence, this will subsequently lead to citizenship. Even if for any reason, you don't get citizenship, your permanent residence status is guaranteed. In addition, even with the knowledge, skills and money you'll make while doing your PhD, you'll become hot cake in other developed countries of the world, if for any reason your village people find a way to stop you from getting your permanent residence/citizenship in the US.

Note that it's not compulsory to follow this route, there are other routes to follow. Everything depends on the skill/resources you possess or what you wanna do with your life. But in my opinion, if you are academically sound, the PhD pathway is the cheapest way to enter and remain in the US. The only other cheap but difficult and complex (another topic on its own) alternative is to get married to a US citizen.

Or you can get any nonsense degree in Canada, get a 3 year work permit after, then apply for your residency card within that 3 years. This is an easier route.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
But most of these PhDs are five years sha..
five years is a long time

kevwemanuel:

I tell you. And you are likely to live the rest of your life at their liberty, except God just help you get better one. If you have at least a 2;1 just use #70k to write GRE,use another 70k to write TOEFL. Prepare for these exams like say na life or death. Ace these exams and shoot your shot to US schools. If you get 320 and above in GRE, you must get full funding to a PhD program including monthly allowance of as high as $3000. And with a fully funded PhD, u will have no worries in securing your visa because Dem know say u b hot cake to get fully funded. Arrange your flight ticket money and BTA and ball into the US with your full chest and make your own choice of a life partner without fear of losing your legal status.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
Boss Canada study permit is harddddd and I don’t think any “nonsense” degree will fly oo.
You have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the course you are going for relate to your previous experience.
You

maternal:

Or you can get any nonsense degree in Canada, get a 3 year work permit after, then apply for your residency card within that 3 years. This is an easier route.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by KlausMike(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
Too much sense!!! For those that have ears and the resources!.. The best decision of my life was in 2018 and that was moving to Canada!! No hope for naija oh! Quite unfortunate!
embarassed undecided cry

Grace001:
I have said it over and over on this forum, as a youth if you still hope in this failed country that is designed to fail. Then you could as well believe that someday the pig will fly

This country is irredeemable. PDP wasted 16 years clueless APC party is on the route of wasting another 16 years Buhari regime is already wasting 8years.

Before you know it 16+16= 32 good solid years of your life is gone. All you did was to complain about bad governance yet nothing has or would change.

If you have the means to leave this shit hole leave don’t let some hopeless people to discourage. Yes I call them hopeless unfortunate people

Yoruba call people like that “ajegbodo” people who suffer and have no means won’t encourage you to leave, they come online to say rubbish

2 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damian457:
Boss Canada study permit is harddddd and I don’t think any “nonsense” degree will fly oo.
You have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the course you are going for relate to your previous experience.
You

My cousin with a nonsense degree is about to get his PR. A small boy that never had work experience in naija. Please stop spreading mis-information. As for the student visa, I can't speak on that. But I feel Canada lets a lot of things slide if you're young. That's the demographic they're looking for right now; young people.

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
Lol bro have you been to Canada Student Visa thread on nairaland? Visit there and you will get what i am talking about. I guess your cousin studied undergrad in Canada right?
I’m talking about Graduate studies Fam, Have you heard of program of best fit?
Bro Study a Economics and Statistics then apply for Social works study permit then see if they won’t fling your application off the desk.

PS: if you’re a graduate or a professional and you’re planning on studying a course that is beneath your previous qualifications, forget it bro

maternal:

My cousin with a nonsense degree is about to get his PR. A small boy that never had work experience in naija. Please stop spreading mis-information. As for the student visa, I can't speak on that. But I feel Canada lets a lot of things slide if you're young. That's the demographic they're looking for right now; young people.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
maternal:

Lol @nonsense degree. Yeah, you're right, it's also another easy route. Do you have an estimate of the tuition fee. I hear Canada's fees are quite high and available scholarships quite low unlike in the US.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damian457:
But most of these PhDs are five years sha..
five years is a long time

Lol...five years of earning over $3000 (#1.2million) dollars for reading book is a long time to you? You prefer 5years of earning less than #100,000 in naija?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kenn55: 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
jesmond3945:
last time I checked Northerners are the victim of Boko Haram unless you live in the north, my bad. Insecurity is not peculiar to naija alone. Usa, brazil, south africa, france are all crime prone. Innocent people are killed in those countries. Is it because they don't report it in the media? Go to alternative media platforms like hoodsite dot com worldstarhiphop dot com and see for yourself.
You are talking about loans, which country is not borrowing to stay afloat this moment? UK is running a furlough scheme, for unemployed people which has run the country into debt and you know who will pay it? Foreigners with huge taxes. You work like lion and eat like ant.
USA worst unemployment records at the moment. You think if you enter abroad, you would even see cleaning job? Lol.
The problem in naija is just corruption and bad government. Swear you didn't vote in this bad government.

In a way you are right. However, the difference is that with the western countries, you are sure that they will turn things around with time. In the next 1 or 2 years with the corona under control, they will reverse the current problems and get back to growth again. The problem with Nigeria is not with just today's problems. The major issue is that the country seem never to have any capacity to confront her challenges and solve them. Even before corona, Nigeria was getting worse and even with corona out of the way, there is no evidence that shows things will be better especially with the current leadership we have and the crop of politicians showing interest to take over from the current leadership.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by YOMITEWIN(m): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
kevwemanuel:
Bro it's a long topic oh. It's doable, but complex

See them, den don come here to dey discourage people. I hate this kind of people honestly
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bro calm down...He is only warning folks about those Akata.
I have heard alot of stories about those ladies and trust me you won’t wanna fall into their net.
They are like Fish bones stucked in the neck.
I prefer White ladies to them tbh.

YOMITEWIN:

See them, den don come here to dey discourage people. I hate this kind of people honestly

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by jesmond3945: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kenn55:

In a way you are right. However, the difference is that with the western countries, you are sure that they will turn things around with time. In the next 1 or 2 years with the corona under control, they will reverse the current problems and get back to growth again. The problem with Nigeria is not with just today's problems. The major issue is that the country seem never to have any capacity to confront her challenges and solve them. Even before corona, Nigeria was getting worse and even with corona out of the way, there is no evidence that shows things will be better especially with the current leadership we have and the crop of politicians showing interest to take over from the current leadership.
have you received your survival fund?
The same thing justin trudeau and trump did but nobody is praising the President Buhari.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damian457:
Lol bro have you been to Canada Student Visa thread on nairaland? Visit there and you will get what i am talking about. I guess your cousin studied undergrad in Canada right?
I’m talking about Graduate studies Fam, Have you heard of program of best fit?
Bro Study a Economics and Statistics then apply for Social works study permit then see if they won’t fling your application off the desk.

PS: if you’re a graduate or a professional and you’re planning on studying a course that is beneath your previous qualifications, forget it bro

Yes he did undergrad. Why not apply for EE if you have a 1st degree and funds to apply for graduate studies ? Most of those people have their 1st degree from the US or UK, and made a mistake not coming to Canada honestly.

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
kevwemanuel:

Lol @nonsense degree. Yeah, you're right, it's also another easy route. Do you have an estimate of the tuition fee. I hear Canada's fees are quite high and available scholarships quite low unlike in the US.

It's lower than the US and UK. Youre also paying in Canadian dollars which is less than USD or pounds. Don't know where these rumors come from. Plus you have a path to residency.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
jesmond3945:
have you received your survival fund?
The same thing justin trudeau and trump did but nobody is praising the President Buhari.

You want people to praise a president who ordered his military to kill its own citizens? Again there's a fine line between being patriotic and stupidity. So survival fund is worth more than people's lives ?

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:20am On Nov 19, 2020
maternal:

Canadian embassy have been refusing visa for a while now, that's the issue, coupled with the delay in responding on visa decisions. Used to take up to 6months atimes

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2020
YOMITEWIN:

I wanted to respond to you harshly the way you did, but the OP who seems to be a very objective person has already given you a reasonable response. Moving forward, don't just jump into discussions you don't fully understand and start attacking people directly instead of tackling the issues being discussed. If you properly read my argument and premises, there's no reason to be this bitter.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kalusam(m): 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
I just got close to 1 million GB data from my mobile network provider: VODAFONE CZ and the painful thing is I dont need it unless I go outside my house.

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kalusam(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
cc Damian457
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Fidelismaria: 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
kevwemanuel:

What about masters? Are these outlined steps also applicable?
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by rhynoemmie(m): 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
maternal:

Yes he did undergrad. Why not apply for EE if you have a 1st degree and funds to apply for graduate studies ? Most of those people have their 1st degree from the US or UK, and made a mistake not coming to Canada honestly.

How can somebody run this undergrad parol abeg. Like Wetin man suppose get before he start to dy reason dis method of japa
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kahbahsah: 12:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Fidelismaria:

What about masters? Are these outlined steps also applicable?
Yes, but full funding is not guaranteed. It's 50-50
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by rhynoemmie(m): 12:17am On Dec 21, 2020
Kahbahsah:

Yes, but full funding is not guaranteed. It's 50-50

Please do you have any idea about the route for undergraduates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEMA Receives 150 Nigerians From Niger Republic / UK VISAS APPEAL ALERT: £80(paper) £140 (oral hearing) / How To Write Visa Appeal That Will Yield Positive Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.