Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

#EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor (62672 Views)

OFFICERS Disgraced After Finding Out Their Guns Were Without Bullets In An Event / Lekki Toll Shooting: My Leg Was Amputated After I Was Shot - Adebayo Francis / Over Three Weeks After, I Still Carry Bullets In My Body –lekki Toll Gate Shooti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Staro: 5:26am On Nov 15, 2020
For survivors of Lekki Toll Gate shooting and their families, Tuesday, October 20 will remain etched in their memories for a long time to come. ADEBAYO FOLORUNSHO-FRANCIS returns to the hospital to see how those on admission are faring.

One of the survivors of the shooting that marred the #ENDSARS protest at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos, Meshack Esanibi, says the bullets he took into his left leg are yet to be extracted over three weeks after the incident that nearly claimed his life.

On October 27, PUNCH HealthWise reported the story of Esanibi who was rushed to the General Hospital, Odan, Lagos Island, after he was allegedly shot on the left leg by soldiers drafted to disperse the #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate.

Security agents had shot at the protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday, October 20, leading to yet-to-be ascertained number of casualties.

The shooting incident had also attracted national and international outcry, with the Lagos State and Federal governments being urged to unravel the identity of the shooters and who deployed them.

Bullet still stuck in limb

When PUNCH HealthWise checked up on him again in Ward B of the General Hospital, Esanibi sat on his sick bed.

Looking better than he was two weeks ago, Esanibi said he had been able to establish contact with a relative after his story was published.

The Delta State indigene, however, told our correspondent that he had been experiencing excruciating pain all over his body, especially on the affected limb, noting that the discomfort he felt might be because the bullet had not been extracted from his leg.

“Since I was admitted after the Lekki toll gate shooting incident, the bullet has not been removed. It is still in my leg.

“I don’t even know whether the bullet was the cause of the intense pain I am feeling. But I was told by a doctor that I will soon be taken into the theatre again.

“Even the result of the X-ray done on my leg was not given to me. But I observe that the doctors have it on their phone from where they assess it from time to time,” he said.

Continuing, Esanibi said he had not started using his leg. He, however, said that his gunshot wounds are being attended to regularly.

No blood, no surgery

In a text message to our correspondent, the Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Ismail Ganikale, said Esanibi desperately needs blood for surgery.

“He needs family members or friends to donate blood. Blood is not sold; someone has to donate for him.

“Arrangements being made for blood should be fruitful soon,” Ganikale said in the message.

Esanibi told our correspondent that he was in dire need of blood donors before his surgery can be carried out.

“I have been told that the only thing delaying my surgery is blood. One of the doctors explained that I lost too much blood as a result of the bullet wound I sustained and would require at least two pints of blood.

“Consequently, I sent for my sister to come for the test, but she was rejected. I was told she did not look fit to donate blood.

“Even the medical director visited two days ago and expressed concerns about my case. He said the hospital had made attempts to procure the blood but didn’t see any,” he lamented.

As he spoke, he kept throbbing the affected limb which was dressed in new bandages.

Esanibi explained that though the wound appeared to have healed, he was told to avoid putting it under pressure.

“I was told the surgery would have been done and the bullets removed two weeks ago if those two pints of blood had been available.

“But the doctors have reassured me that I have nothing to fear about the danger of having a bullet in my body.

“They said there are still some people moving around today with bullets lodged somewhere in their respective system,” he said.

Lamenting his predicament, Esanibi said, “Honestly, I have no one to reach out to at the moment because all my relatives, including my only surviving brother, Jonathan, are presently in Delta State.

“I cannot even reach a couple of friends I know for help as a result of the wallet and phone I lost during the Lekki toll gate shooting.

“Having spent one month on this sick bed, I am tired and just want to leave.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/over-three-weeks-after-i-still-carry-bullets-in-my-body-lekki-toll-gate-shooting-survivor/%3famp=1

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Baawaa(m): 5:28am On Nov 15, 2020
And you still alive

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by LawLab247: 5:36am On Nov 15, 2020
Chai
Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by owobokiri(m): 5:38am On Nov 15, 2020
I hope they won't go to the hospital to finish him off

227 Likes 13 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by vastolord4(m): 5:42am On Nov 15, 2020
Thank God they didn't take your life.. we live to fight another day

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Midas01: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2020
May God deliver una
Baawaa:
And you still alive

263 Likes 17 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Staro: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2020
Baawaa:
And you still alive

He's still in the hospital and needs blood before surgery.
Read the story.

264 Likes 17 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Luckydubby7(m): 5:44am On Nov 15, 2020
Baawaa:
And you still alive
And you wanted him dead?

283 Likes 13 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Temitopemo6e6(m): 5:56am On Nov 15, 2020
This government has fumbled big time. This is so wrong on every level!!!!!!!!! These are the kinds of things that led people to take up arms and demand basic rights !!!!!!!!! shame on the Nigerian Government!!!!!!

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by jenny005: 6:12am On Nov 15, 2020
It shall be well. God will see him through.

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Ever8090: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2020
Carrying a bullet for excercising his right, while our brothers up there, after killing for fun, gets baptized, dressed in white, reintegrated into the society to continue their killings and are payed 150,000 monthly

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by iokpebholo: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2020
infohenry:
Fool, go and kill him. People in government behave the way they behave because people like you exists.
Are u better than ppl in govt?

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by helinues: 6:15am On Nov 15, 2020
undecided
Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by goatandyam: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2020
And the bokoharam army commander said they didn't use bullet.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by cktheluckyman: 6:26am On Nov 15, 2020
Luckydubby7:

And you wanted him dead?
These zombies are very heartless

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Toosure70: 6:28am On Nov 15, 2020
Naija Na hell.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2020
Baawaa:
And you still alive

You can do much better than this, Son

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by SMI2020: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2020
Baawaa:
And you still alive

Yes naw, if the uncontaminated bullet did no go through any organ there's nothing killing u.. Some people with healed gunshot wounds walk around with bullets still present in them, if it's not fatal it's ur choice if to leave it in or take it out.

21 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Muna4real(f): 7:34am On Nov 15, 2020
I'm waiting for those nairaland payed urchins to say this was fake.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by OfoIgbo: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2020
owobokiri:
I hope they won't go to the hospital to finish him off

Or bribe him, so he can start saying he received his bullet wounds from his village people. Expect stories in the next few days. Either he is dead or the story changes

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by CodeTemplar: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2020
helinues:
undecided
This your empty comment, I hope it isn't to buy time to brainstorm on how to ridicule the issue?

24 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by CodeTemplar: 8:54am On Nov 15, 2020
Muna4real:
I'm waiting for those nairaland payed urchins to say this was fake.
They have started booking empty spaces already.

25 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by CodeTemplar: 8:55am On Nov 15, 2020
empty bullets o . . . according to the army guys.

16 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2020
CodeTemplar:
empty bullets o . . . according to the army guys.
Lol grin

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by owobokiri(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Or bribe him, so he can start saying he received his bullet wounds from his village people. Expect stories in the next few days. Either he is dead or the story changes
You know them..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by Gabbriell: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2020
Them go soon visit am with bribe.

Lying is bad..the army said they only used blank bullets. C what I happening now.

Personal opinion: I think the army are only telling us what their boys told them. The boys lied because saying the truth will land them all in prison. But few government officials knew what actually happened but has to sweep it under the carpet for their own safety.

Lies cannot trive forever. Government come and goes. The truth will the out somedays...probably when they are all out of power.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor by RomanianNinja: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Thank God for life

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video As Buhari Receives Briefing On Coronavirus From Health Minister & DG NCDC / Pic Of What CNN Just Tweet About Boko Haram Using Apc Campaign Bill Board. / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.