Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance (27375 Views)

Thousands Of Cattle Already Marching Into Cross River After Governor's Defection / Ebonyi Governor Umahi Tests Positive For COVID19. Hands Over To Deputy / Fowler’s Tenure Ends, Fate Hangs In The Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by cashinnaira: 7:42am On Nov 15, 2020
Obsolete
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by Macphenson: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
That is the problem with the Igbos, they hate each other with passion. Even though I dislike this Umahi's move but his own fellow tribesmen in APC are already laying dangerous obstacles for him in APC.
Meanwhile, the other tribe they always tackle are United in their quest. No other Yoruba man or woman has shown real interest in the presidency since when it was rumoured that Tinubu will contest but that wont happen in Igbo land because even lizards and rats will rise up to contest the moment any party indicates that it will zone the presidency to the South east.

I have never seen a people so dis-United like this. They always use other tribes to unite like they did in Oyigbo, Rivers state recently. Go to the North or West it's same story but yet they have deepest hatred amongst themselves.

Tufiakwa Unu!!

What is Fayemi doing aligning with El Rufai?

What do you think Osibanjo is secretly doing?

What of recently where Rauf Aregbesola decided to indirectly take over the structure in Lagos?

Stop hating the Igbos and purge yourself of Igbophobia.

Your ancestors who towed this path did not end well, ask Awolowo and Abiola.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2020
comrChris:
say what you know.
Umahi's predecessor never supported him yet he won
Even with the defection, it will be a herculean task to take Ebonyi away from PDP.
Watch how Ebonyi north will capitalize on this move
Story

Ebonyi Guber has always banked on federal might to win elections. Since 1999 all guber elections has been retained by PDP due to Abuja federal might of PDP. In 2015 might was with PDP and Elechi in Labour party, so Umahi won. In 2019 Dave understood this and had a cordial relationship with federal might at Buhari and won. 2023 the sitting governor will be APC and sitting president APC so Ebonyi will also go to APC. Best PDP can do is win a pocket state house of assembly seats.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
That is the problem with the Igbos, they hate each other with passion. Even though I dislike this Umahi's move but his own fellow tribesmen in APC are already laying dangerous obstacles for him in APC.
Meanwhile, the other tribe they always tackle are United in their quest. No other Yoruba man or woman has shown real interest in the presidency since when it was rumoured that Tinubu will contest but that wont happen in Igbo land because even lizards and rats will rise up to contest the moment any party indicates that it will zone the presidency to the South east.

I have never seen a people so dis-United like this. They always use other tribes to unite like they did in Oyigbo, Rivers state recently. Go to the North or West it's same story but yet they have deepest hatred amongst themselves.

Tufiakwa Unu!!

SHUT UP!
NA HUNGER DEY DO YOU
I KNOW YOU HAVE NOTHING TO EAT

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by dammyz101(m): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2020
i really admire Umahi work but i keep wondering how come all nigerian politician are the same, if feel this selfishness and greed most be in our black DNA. A governor doing so well and praised by people for his work wil see a party that have crumble our economy, made over 5million people jobless, put our nation in over naira dept and still borowng to pay salaries. Hmmm i wonder

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by mbaise1000: 7:51am On Nov 15, 2020
if ebonyi people have sense the will know that these people are not real from the Moment one of them said that imo state is enjoying anything in apc, they already know that imo state is not apc state and that imo state has realised too that it is nit even pdp state, both are evil personified

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by obicmag(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2020
APC is the extension of PDP. No political ideology. The only ideology they have is corruption and looting. Youth will schock them come 2023. Any youth or Nigerian that votes for PDP or APC in 2023 will need a brain reset.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by ignis: 7:53am On Nov 15, 2020
Goodluck to the confused man

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by comrChris(m): 7:54am On Nov 15, 2020
flyingpig:
Story

Ebonyi Guber has always banked on federal might to win elections. Since 1999 all guber elections has been retained by PDP due to Abuja federal might of PDP. In 2015 might was with PDP and Elechi in Labour party, so Umahi won. In 2019 Dave understood this and had a cordial relationship with federal might at Buhari and won. 2023 the sitting governor will be APC and sitting president APC so Ebonyi will also go to APC. Best PDP can do is win a pocket state house of assembly seats.
Don't Ebonyians vote? Which federal might are you talking about? The federal might only has influence in their primaries.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by UGAHAM(m): 7:55am On Nov 15, 2020
Amitez:
Umahi will be so rejected by Igbos in 2023 that he will be like Chime of Enugu. People do not learn. The experiences of Chime, Akpabio and Uduaghan should have made them learn yet they would not. SE/SS is PDP, presidency or no presidency. Vacate and become useless politicalky.

Personally I was a die hrt fan of PDP FOR SE/ SS, but since the Igbos are been killed and called names by SS people I think I will now support APC or any party that will emerge. The igbos have been betrayed so much and the SS we see as brothers hates us more just because we can huzzle buy land build houses it becomes a problem, I bought a land from Ikwerre man last yr. he told we are one after I paid I meet his son the guy told me he hate Igbo man and I find it difficult to be with the ppl who don’t like me. In my area I was present during the end sars Rumukoroshi and okada boys from Akwa-Ibom went to Oilmill loot Hausa boys shops and kill some of them later the governor said it was igbos and in return Hausa boys loots and burn down Igbo ppl shop. What is our offense? Y this hatred? I have been suffering since I left school, I have not done any government job or contract how come I am the problem of SS?
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by jrusky(m): 7:55am On Nov 15, 2020
Let him go they will use him and dump him and even send efcc to demolish the big fattty face tiny brain thing that called himself a man.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 7:56am On Nov 15, 2020
comrChris:
Don't Ebonyians vote? Which federal might are you talking about? The federal might only has influence in their primaries.
Don't Nigerians vote? There is no such thing as free and fair election in Nigeria my friend.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by menthomatics(m): 7:57am On Nov 15, 2020
It would be a welcome developments.The president of Nigeria from Igbo extraction is long over due. I sincerely support the move.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by tfelicityk(m): 7:58am On Nov 15, 2020
May God continue to guide him right and serve his state & Nigeria well.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 7:58am On Nov 15, 2020
ignis:
Goodluck to the confused man
irrelevant woman
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by Onepeople: 7:58am On Nov 15, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:

Tufiakwa Unu!!
Don't generalize over bearing attitude of one man,to be the behaviour of the entire tribe, umahi has time to consult Buhari on his defection, but never make out time to inform the APC leaders in south east , you guy's are quick to criticise igbos on the ambition of one man.every APC member should stand down because umahi has defected to the party abi? How most of you reason at times.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:58am On Nov 15, 2020
derbykol:
And Martin Elechi couldn't influence Onyebuchi Chukwu to succeed him?

Umahi played a " Saraki " on the then sitting Gov.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2020
LordofNaija:
Barring any last minute changes oga is leaving on Friday
how do you know coming friday is the d-day?
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2020
Amitez:
Umahi will be so rejected by Igbos in 2023 that he will be like Chime of Enugu. People do not learn. The experiences of Chime, Akpabio and Uduaghan should have made them learn yet they would not. SE/SS is PDP, presidency or no presidency. Vacate and become useless politicalky.
under APC he doesn't need your support. Millions of Arewa and KKK state will secure it for him.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2020
sweetilicious:
In as much as I don't like APC.He is my Governor,my family member is his commissioner.I still don't think it's the right move.The youths will take over governance
I don't like APC either but i support my own because if he wins, Ebonyi will develop more.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by AnanseK(m): 8:04am On Nov 15, 2020
offiong187:
So APC has promised him that presidency will be zoned to south east? If he believes that then he is a fool

There is no zoning in APC. All candidates , all over Nigeria have to come out and contest, that is democracy.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by Jostoman: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2020
jenny005:
I dnt have anything to say on this bt i knw i"t shall be well"
umahi is a two party Man, one leg in PDP and the other leg in APC.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 8:07am On Nov 15, 2020
magicfingers009:
Umahi has always been in bed with the APC since time immemorial. No doubt that he has transformed Abakaliki and not necessarily Ebonyi state, but this move I’ll say is political suicide.
APC would never give him the presidential ticket.

He doesn’t have the political clout talkless of a strong cabal backing him.
This is a big fat lie. So the fly over in Ezzamgbo is located in Abakaliki town?

The fly over in Abaomege community is in Abakaliki? The concrete road from Ngbo High court to Umuogudu Akpu is in Abakaliki town?

The new Ebonyi State University College of Medicine Campus situated in Uburu and built from scratch to finish by him, to provide rural health access to villagers in Ebonyi South, is located in Abakaliki.

YOU DON'T KNOW EBONYI WELL.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by flyingpig: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2020
ityP:

Five years sef small. Any Igbo man that wants presidency must be preparing for at least 10 years. If he is heading to APC to be President, he should wait till 2039. After Yoruba rule 8 years, that is 2031, then Hausa man for another 8 years, that is 2039, then maybe them go remember am for 2039
yoruba no dey smell APC ticket in 2023.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by DexterousOne(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2020
UGAHAM:

Personally I was a die hrt fan of PDP FOR SE/ SS, but since the Igbos are been killed and called names by SS people I think I will now support APC or any party that will emerge. The igbos have been betrayed so much and the SS we see as brothers hates us more just because we can huzzle buy land build houses it becomes a problem, I bought a land from Ikwerre man last yr. he told we are one after I paid I meet his son the guy told me he hate Igbo man and I find it difficult to be with the ppl who don’t like me. In my area I was present during the end sars Rumukoroshi and okada boys from Akwa-Ibom went to Oilmill loot Hausa boys shops and kill some of them later the governor said it was igbos and in return Hausa boys loots and burn down Igbo ppl shop. What is our offense? Y this hatred? I have been suffering since I left school, I have not done any government job or contract how come I am the problem of SS?

It's amazing the dislike many of those SS fellows have for us

Especially Rivers state
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by Kingspin(m): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2020
Joining APC or PDP will not change anything till the rest of the country minds changed.
The issue is fundamental.

I remember when Obama was campaigning to become the US president this slogan was "Change" change have come to America, under that change he was convincing especially the white Americans the need to accept a Black president. And Americans people listened. Behold, Obama became the first black US president in history.

Toady Israel, Jordan, UAE are friend again.
Who will believe that?

If Nigeria decides to change its mindset thing will work out well.

Until then.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by olax02(m): 8:32am On Nov 15, 2020
helinues:

Used to be biggest party in Nigeria is now shadow of itself.

The way Pdp are going down heh, they must detect the sinking Titanic. wink
PDP eqaul to APC.....WIFE AND HUSBAND..Nigeria politics is a drama.
Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by helinues: 8:32am On Nov 15, 2020
olax02:
PDP eqaul to APC.....WIFE AND HUSBAND..Nigeria politics is a drama.

Old wine in new bottle.... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by Jackson105: 8:33am On Nov 15, 2020
flyingpig:
yoruba no dey smell APC ticket in 2023.

See ur mouth, yen yen.

So, umahi will finally get the ticket of the Ewedu-fulani Islamic party? U obviously need brain replacement surgery. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by nzeobi(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2020
flyingpig:
Ebonyi can never win PDP governorship if he defects. At best PDP will win about 6 or 7 state house of assembly positions. One or two house of Reps but that will be all. Ebonyi politics is always heavily influenced by the sitting governor.
Who made umahi governor, it was anyim and not elechi his predecessor, I don't think you know the state and its politics well.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance by Austino778: 8:36am On Nov 15, 2020
No more Election again in Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayuba Wabba: El-Rufai Hired 50 Truckloads Of Thugs To Attack Protesting Workers / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo And Ernest Sonekan / 2019: North Central Leaders Float New Party - Newtelegraphonline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.