Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers (27891 Views)

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats / Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Golan007: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
imagrg:
If this hard drug wahala is not tackled in the country many youths would go haywire.

Wait oh. Have parents lost control of their children?

Too many children on the streets....control your lobido

You mean the same hard drugs for which they are threatening to recall the Lagos state Congresswoman?

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Golan007: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Alexis11:

Are you in Benin? How can you even say what is going on here is normal?? Try and be reasonable.

I'm only helping the guy I quoted.

Learn not to read statements in isolation.
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by RPG2020(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Benin is hot right now.

Think Edo state deserves to be a country of it own.

Too hot for Naija to handle.

Benin kingdom don dey before nigeria name came up from no where

There was war between the Benin kingdom and the British kingdom not with Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by TruthSeeker1: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2020
ivolt:
Where are the protesters when you need them? Some of them are the robbers and criminals terrorising the people of Edo state. I remember how many of this forum were rooting for them as they destroy security formation and released hardened criminals.
The ENDSARS protest will ultimately create more problems than it was intended to solve. Many criminals now on rampage and our police officers (the good ones among them) feel discouraged as a result of how they were treated. There is clearly a big fire on the mountain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Etrusen(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kano1stSon:
Well they should reassign the police officers to another state if Edo don't want them.

Bunch of retrogressive people

kano better pass Edo?

almajiri is part of Edo problem please come and carry your people back to North
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by LORDKing001: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2020
colyx1:
Only God will help us in Benin oh, I couldn't sleep last night, too many gun shots last night. It's not funny anymore.........
Its safer you relocate to a neighbouring town or state

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by LORDKing001: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
Etrusen:

kano better pass Edo?

almajiri is part of Edo problem please come and carry your people back to North
Oh yes in terms of capital development Kano is far better

2 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
Golan007:

What's the purpose of this thread then?

It's a normal thing.

How does d purpose of d thread invalidate d questions I asked?
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
TruthSeeker1:

The ENDSARS protest will ultimately create more problems than it was intended to solve. Many criminals now on rampage and our police officers (the good ones among them) feel discouraged as a result of how they were treated. There is clearly a big fire on the mountain.

Pls can u help us with d identity of d individuals who attacked & killed some protesters in Benin city on d 15th of October, 2020?

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Etrusen(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
LORDKing001:
Oh yes in terms of capital development Kano is far better

so why is the capital development not helping your almajiri
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Golan007: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

How does d purpose of d thread invalidate d questions I asked?

You claim this was always a common occurrence.

In that case, this thread is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
Golan007:

You claim this was always a common occurrence.

In that case, this thread is unnecessary.

I didn't claim. I asked a question. Can't u different between a question & a claim? Maybe u have answers to d question. I will be glad to read it:

"Where kidnappings, raping, killings and robbing of banks not a daylight occurrences in d whole of Nigeria before now?"
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by TruthSeeker1: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

Pls can u help us with d identity of d individuals who attacked & killed some protesters in Benin city on d 15th of October, 2020?

What is your point?

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Golan007: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't claim. I asked a question. Can't u different between a question & a claim? Maybe u have answers to d question. I will be glad to read it:

"Where kidnappings, raping, killings and robbing of banks not a daylight occurrences in d whole of Nigeria before now?"

Shatap.

Your question had the tone of finality.

If you say otherwise then of course, you were asking a stupid question.

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
TruthSeeker1:

What is your point?

I haven't made any. I just asked a question:

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
Golan007:

Shatap.

Your question had the tone of finality.

If you say otherwise then of course, you were asking a stupid question.

grin grin grin y are u getting hurt& spilling ur emotions over "a stupid question"? How can "a stupid question" make u react d way u just did? grin grin grin so "a stupid question" was a able to get under ur skin& cause u so much hurt? Let's try again:

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Mrpojj(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Brandonx:
The army should conduct a house to house search. Anyone found with a weapon should be executed. That would drive them out of Benin.
At least it won't be a bad idea to have some in different parts of Nigeria.
Why will u execute them? What happens to arresting and prosecuting
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by MRSAWEDOFF: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6GL1aC5m3w

They have even started catching them young in Edo state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZDmYl6gx8

Even the residents Don dey para on top the rising crime rates on the state
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Okoroawusa: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
Abudu2000:
can't nairaland write a story now without using the word "recall" what kind of click baiting is this? Reporting one story over and over again using the word"it will be recalled that...."
Nairaland doesn't"report" stories. Nairaland members do.

Even you can "report" a story.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by BIGGERhead4: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
NoFucksToGive:
This is fake news by Yorubas in my state

The whole thing was cause by Igbo's in Benin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
colyx1:
Only God will help us in Benin oh, I couldn't sleep last night, too many gun shots last night. It's not funny anymore.........
Is it really this serious? Is it happening simultaneously across the state?
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by valirex: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Benin is hot right now.

Think Edo state deserves to be a country of it own.

Too hot for Naija to handle.

Yes ooo cheesy
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by LORDKing001: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
Etrusen:

so why is the capital development not helping your almajiri
Am not a northerner pls
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Etrusen(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
LORDKing001:
Am not a northerner pls

ok then, i was just asking
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by TruthSeeker1: 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

I haven't made any. I just asked a question:

You seem to be trying to make a point with the question. Or why would you think I might have the identity of any such individual?
If you have a point to raise, come out straight and let's discuss it. We may both learn a thing or two through such discussion.
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by EgusiShankly: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
The audacity some of this boys have now ehhn... cry
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hhh
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
TruthSeeker1:

You seem to be trying to make a point with the question. Or why would you think I might have the identity of any such individual?
If you have a point to raise, come out straight and let's discuss it. We may both learn a thing or two through such discussion.

Am not making any point yet only making enquiries based on d comment u made earlier that "The ENDSARS protest will ultimately create more problems than it was intended to solve. Many criminals now on rampage and our police officers (the good ones among them) feel discouraged as a result of how they were treated."

Are u aware that protesters were attacked in Benin city on d 15th of October, 2020?
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:
If the state police commissioner cannot effectively police a single state, he should be fired immediately and a more competent person brought in.

What the police lacks right now is leadership, same thing that led to the whole issue of Endsars...

Under normal circumstances, the IG ought to have honorably resigned or fired from that job...

Taking back that state from criminals should begin with door to door search, and investigation along with road blocks in strategic locations... making peace with the populace of the state, getting them to your side will facilitate and enhance this process.

Stations were burnt by their own people and the police operation from the headquarters. Many officers are not encouraged, morales are low and they only want to be alive and protect their families. It's easy for you to sit at home and suggest resignation.

One would have thought you had an understanding of how to solve the problem but just like every other online noisemaker, you goofed.

To you, it's about resigning and firing. If you own a business and have employees, you'll ruin yourself faster than you might expect. Apparently, you don't own one. You could have learnt a lesson or two.

You want police officer who are largely understaffed too invade people's houses without warrants? It's this same you who would would scream blue murder. You'll tag UN, BBC, CNN and America to see the human right violation by your police.

Common sense should tell you that by then, criminals and their weapons would be underground and your police would only be chasing shadows.

These policemen are at the same time risk of being attacked since the little sanity enjoyed in the state before the protest has gone into the wind. Everyone is vulnerable.

You dare insinuate roadblocks? What is wrong with you? It's the same people as you who would scream extortion and in the event of a suspicion by the police, you scream harassment and brutality.

"Making peace with the populace in your state and getting them on your side with facilities..."

What manner of hot crap is this? Which facilities? Which peace? Police are not liked anywhere in the world. "Fvck the police" is a popular slang even in the US. If that's your solution to this urgent crisis, then you need to think it through again.

SARS, a trained unit for this activity has been disbanded. Traffic officers cannot replace them, office rank and files and those one on the streets cannot easily fit into their shoe. . Wait for SWAT.

All your solutions reeks of incompetence and you must really think you know anything at all. Sad.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Reference(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
Without equity and justice society is just a runaway nuclear reaction. No one knows how to control the fallout or where it will all end. That is why those entrusted with the tools of governance must ensure that society maintains a balance.

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Emanodimo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2020
GoshenNLA:
The hunter now been hunted, Na wa for we country

That's to remind the Police, that given the chance to hold guns legally should not call for abuse.

If they citizens are armed like each police, there will be restraint to *I will shoot u now, nothing will happen* slogan by security agents...
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
ceaser:

Why trying so hard to make saints of the Nigerian Police, heh?

If the gateman had diligently and faithfully done his job, had not kept betraying his paymaster and being found culpable in many break-in and robberies of his master he was paid to protect, the master will not subscribe to suggestions to have him fired.

So just get the whole story and quick pushing your own biased view in schadenfreude. It makes you and the Nigerian police you defend laughable.

The choice before Nigerians is simple. The police or thieves. I'm not sure those in Edo really have a choice now. Let them live with the beast they created.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho: Attack On Fulanis Must Stop – Police Threatens Arrest / Orji Uzor Kalu Joins APC / Boko Haram Kills A Soldier Aliyu Muhd In Borno State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.