Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? (13668 Views)

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / Pastor Paul Muwanguzi Flogs Church Members For Not Attending Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Emanodimo(m): 9:09am On Nov 15, 2020
ikorodureporta:

I'm still on covik break

Smiles
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Kobojunkiee: 9:09am On Nov 15, 2020
cfree14:
So today(Sunday) I decided to stay at home because of yesterday's wedding I attended. Not that I don't go to church but I came back home yesterday feeling very tired, even till this morning.

A neighbour saw me this morning and was like "Bros, you no go church today?" I tried to make him understand why but he kept on telling me how it's wrong not to go to church and stuff.

So the question on my mind today is, why do people tag others who "miss" Sunday service as sinners?
A better question ought to be where exactly did Jesus Christ tell you that if you did not "fellowship" with others in the way you do in your churches, you are against His commandment or will not make Heaven.
Stop asking the silly questions and start asking meaningful questions... questions that really have to do with what a true relationship with Jesus Christ really ought to be about.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Ventura1: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2020
If you consider it a sin, then it is
If you don't, it isn't
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by MrPresident1: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2020
olaric:

This is why people fail exams like WAEC repeatedly. What has this copy and paste response of yours got to do with the topic? Someone asked a question and all you could come up with is this...

Olodo rabata.

0 upon 100
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Bahamas95(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2020
Those church goers ain't better than me that do go to church about 4times in a year......We are just too religious in this part of the world. Even with our holy holy their is still wickedness in the land. Oyibo nor dey religious like us but dem better pass us by far.

I believe church is in the heart, and not a fvcking building.

2 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by OwoukoUrua(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2020
Most church-goers go to show off. I've not been to church since I left campus on 27th March.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 15, 2020
As per say attending church is not part of the 10 commandments given to Moses by God.... So it's not a sin.... I no kukuma dey go church neither do i like church neither any religious gathering.... It's all political and if it's Sin not going to church then God forgive me cos I'm still not going to go. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Slynation(m): 9:14am On Nov 15, 2020
ikorodureporta:
not been to church since March. Lockdown still dey here
Same here ooO.... Sundays and Saturday are same days to me

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by jaxxy(m): 9:16am On Nov 15, 2020
It’s not even a small sin talkless of big sin. Did God tell u he stays in the church premises Or All people who go to church are saved or serious??
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Cutehector(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2020
SunriseW:
I don't know about church service, but missing mass on Sunday or other days of obligation on purpose is a sin
taaaa...

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Horus(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2020
The Coronavirus is in the Church
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Cutehector(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2020
mozona:
As a Catholic it is venial sin.
venial sin kor, mortal sin ni...
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Franzinni: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2020
Birchi33:

Just tell me say Christianity na Scam....Chikena...

Nah scam born by Saul of tarsus ... Yahoo name saint paul

A won set hush puppi

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Aparche(f): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2020
cfree14:
So today(Sunday) I decided to stay at home because of yesterday's wedding I attended. Not that I don't go to church but I came back home yesterday feeling very tired, even till this morning.

A neighbour saw me this morning and was like "Bros, you no go church today?" I tried to make him understand why but he kept on telling me how it's wrong not to go to church and stuff.

So the question on my mind today is, why do people tag others who "miss" Sunday service as sinners?

He told you it's wrong not to go to Church, he didn't tag you a sinner.
Of course there are times that someone who is faithful in church attendance may not be able to go to church, it's quite understandable. But you also have to ask yourself if you would have decided to stay at home because you are tired had it been it's work you are supposed to go to. This will help you know what you value more.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by cfree14(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2020
OwoukoUrua:
Most church-goers go to show off. I've not been to church since I left campus on 27th March.
Asin eh, it's more like a competition now. Even the pastors are not left out
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by jaybest90(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2020
Mathew 6:6 will help you

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by joseph1832(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2020
cfree14:

it's because they're mentally slow and they're like Jon Snow: they know nothing.

I've not set foot inside a church for almost 15 years and here I am. Believe me bro it's not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Neocotez(m): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2020
mozona:
As a Catholic it is venial sin.
To us it is a CUSHUAL sin......OH my Grammar
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by SAMTOBIJU(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2020
hotplate:
seriously i think i need help, i dont know how i suddenly lost interest in going to church. there were certain timea in my life where i never missed a single sunday service but now it barely once in a month. Am not happy about it but i really don't know what to do to regenerate the intrest.
. I think we are in the same boat.

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Viking007(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2020
SunriseW:
I don't know about church service, but missing mass on Sunday or other days of obligation on purpose is a sin
According to who? The pope?

2 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2020
SunriseW:
your brain has been dogmatised; free it!

3 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2020
I don't go to church.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Myer(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2020
[quote author=MrPresident1 post=96057116][/quote]

Your last paragraph Matthew 24:34, you do realise that how many generations have passed yet mo show?
The disciples thought it would happen in their generation in fact Kesus told them their generation would not pass, yet nothing happened.
This is arguably the 50th generation since then, just so you know.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Truefaith: 9:38am On Nov 15, 2020
The most important thing is knowing if what the church teaches agrees with the Bible.

A church that teaches things you can't find in the Bible is a witchcraft coven

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2020
I don't feel comfortable where I get threatened else I'll do what I do best which is fight.
Until churches stop threatening people with non existing hellfire, I ain't attending shiit. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by QuintessentialW: 9:40am On Nov 15, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Next FEBRUARY will make it my 13years Anniversary of staying away from Church and its related activities.
Join me as I mark such an adorable feat.

I prefer teaching my KIDS, standard Morals than enrolling them into "speaking in tongues" classes which they completely know nothing about.
CHURCH isn't the only place wia morals can be taught.
In Fact the teaching of MORALS usually stems from the home and the way we do things.
AFRICAN TRADITIONAL HOMES were birthed on morals even before the WHITES came.
KIDS respected their parents and assisted.
WIVES honoured their husbands.
Husbands were really heads and not now.

Morality doesn't equate to salvation!

Morality won't take you to heaven... won't save your soul.

And then... how moral do you think you can be by your own doing? Humans by nature are fallible! Without the grace of God, you can't be completely moral!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by criuze(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2020
in Nigeria christains have the hobby of manufacturing sins as in naming a lot of things sin, i wonder if thats the essence of christianity
whether its sin or not depends on you all i know is that thou shall not forsake the congregation of the brethren

going to the house of God our Father should be something of joy and self fulfilment not a millitary regime

2 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by calyto: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2020
What is the name of Jesus or Peter's church?
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by sonofanarchy(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2020
for the past six years I haven't attended any Sunday service
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2020
QuintessentialW:

Morality doesn't equate to salvation!

Morality won't take you to heaven... won't save your soul.

And then... how moral do you think you can be by your own doing? Humans by nature are fallible! Without the grace of God, you can't be completely moral!
I won't blame you at all.
You need to visit places and see other tribes practice their Religion in Peace.
Visit ASIA & some African Countries and promise them HELL when they die.
U think every tribe & everyone is interested in ur heaven.
U better make this PLANET, habitable and heaven on earth because this could be the only HEAVEN you have

5 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Toks2008(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2020
[quote author=MrPresident1 post=96057116][/quote]

A sheeple spotted.

You go just get high BP die throwey. I pity you and your clueless pastors that will not face their calling but will rather dabble into the world of prophecy claiming GOD said what he never asked them to say.

You be Mumu man.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Chidi Okoroafor, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent New Year Wishes / Ali Yakubov: 9 Month Old Russian Boy With Quran On Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.