Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,869 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? (13662 Views)

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / Pastor Paul Muwanguzi Flogs Church Members For Not Attending Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by alabo1: 11:56am On Nov 15, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Next FEBRUARY will make it my 13years Anniversary of staying away from Church and its related activities.
Join me as I mark such an adorable feat.

I prefer teaching my KIDS, standard Morals than enrolling them into "speaking in tongues" classes which they completely know nothing about.
CHURCH isn't the only place wia morals can be taught.
In Fact the teaching of MORALS usually stems from the home and the way we do things.
AFRICAN TRADITIONAL HOMES were birthed on morals even before the WHITES came.
KIDS respected their parents and assisted.
WIVES honoured their husbands.
Husbands were really heads and not now.

Peace brother. Not been to one since 1994. I am Far from righteous but strive everyday to live by a moral code. Religion and morality are two separate things. If everyone lives by ethical codes we won't have the issues we have in the world today. Unfortunately we have a mass mind fixated on religion but lacking in moral values. Peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Mywd: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
cfree14:

I think it's a Nigerian mentality. I seriously doubt if it's like that in other parts of the world

No dey use Nigerian mentality for issues like this.... Nigerians are not God..... The Bible is were the answer should be not from the mouths of people who could be wrong
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by EwuGambia: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Next FEBRUARY will make it my 13years Anniversary of staying away from Church and its related activities.

I prefer teaching my KIDS, standard Morals than enrolling them into "speaking in tongues" classes which they completely know nothing about.
In Fact the teaching of MORALS usually stems from the home and the way we do things.

2 cold bottles for you my man!!.....very well said.undecided

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by BlueAngel444: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
tonyson010:

religious people . That is suspicious. I have come to see many who are religious but their heart is different from the true essence of religion.
well there are those who use it has a mask and those who take it has a holy task

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
sochey:
Not attending church is not a sin...

Attending with the wrong intension is the greatest sin...

Wrong intension as in: Flaunting that designers bags and shoes and clothes..

Flaunting your latest purchased vehicle..

Flaunting your aboki arse and boobies..

#notmyhandwriting smiley
But those are very valid points to go to church than the main reason which is delusional.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by desiredhome: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
0KNM:
I don’t think it is. But lately, I’ve realised it’s needed for spiritual growth. In this heavenly race, we need some kind of support. Hard to do it alone.

I want to really go back to church. I really do
Yes Church is supposed to be a place for spiritual/moral growth and discipline, a place for subber reflection, unfortunately majority of the churches today are not cut out for that, they are only after what they can get from you (financial benefits)......the reason the Bible talked about in Mathew 23:23b...... forgetting the most important thing and focusing on the less important things
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by CalabarDude(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
[quote author=MrPresident1 post=96057116][/quote] are u owk
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
pocohantas:

I am 38yrs now. ..

Oh, I can’t date you without you giving me toto, but you must submit because the Bible says so. Are you maddd?? angry
I will be praying for you sister poco. grin
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
Attending church every Sunday without modifying your lifestyle is the big sin. With technology you can easily join online service. People work and attend lectures even on Sundays.

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by queengift(f): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
hotplate:
seriously i think i need help, i dont know how i suddenly lost interest in going to church. there were certain timea in my life where i never missed a single sunday service but now it barely once in a month. Am not happy about it but i really don't know what to do to regenerate the intrest.

You are not alone in this bro, that zeal is no more there.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by jornwhite: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2020
pocohantas:

I am 38yrs now. I stopped because it didn’t make sense anymore. Over the years I have realized my values and ethics were not shaped, maintained or enforced because I was religious. It was just common sense and my conscience at work. Most importantly I hate hypocrites and selective adherents that makeup churches. Oh, I can’t date you without you giving me toto, but you must submit because the Bible says so. Are you maddd?? angry

Really ! you ask them to wait till wedding nite becos the bible says so buh you want men to spend the money your daddy can spend on you. o tii ya weyre

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Fairview1: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
EVILFOREST:

You are a very wise man!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2020
desiredhome:

Yes Church is supposed to be a place for spiritual/moral growth and discipline, a place for subber reflection, unfortunately majority of the churches today are not cut out for that, they are only after what they can get from you (financial benefits)......the reason the Bible talked about in Mathew 23:23b...... forgetting the most important thing and focusing on the less important things
Exactly why I’ve kept myself out of the church for many years. Wish I can find a great one around me
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Fairview1: 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2020
Franzinni:
Jesus no ever go church

And if the meaning of Christian is Christ like then ...wetin I dey find for church?
Do not forsake the gathering of the brethren I hear you think as you prepare to comment ...

Naow Hold up!

Educate your self and read about the

First council of nicaea

I get direct line to God ...Jesus papa and my papa too

All those who will come and mention let me ask you one question have you ever read the bible by yourself from cover to cover ? If no then do that first before you mention me ...

Your points are very logical but permit me to say that Jesus Christ did went to Church(Temple/Synagogue) though it wasn't known as church then.

He was a Jew, who worshipped Judaism Faith, and believed so much in the Torah (Book of Abraham).

You remembered Him reasoning/arguing with the elders in one of the book of the gospel, that he stayed back in the temple when His parents took him to the Synagogue in Jerusalem?

He did attended Church but not in the way people have made it seem these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by deebrain(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
No.

Next?
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by SunriseW(f): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
Jack005:
Trash!!

Noticed, next pls.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Fairview1: 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
hotplate:
seriously i think i need help, i dont know how i suddenly lost interest in going to church. there were certain timea in my life where i never missed a single sunday service but now it barely once in a month. Am not happy about it but i really don't know what to do to regenerate the intrest.

For the fact you have realized shows that your problem is half solved already. Go back to your Church, rededicate your life to Christ and join one of the departments, where you will be accountable to one another.

This shall certainly go a long way to reposition your life in many ways. I used to be like you, so this is practically what I did and my story hasn't remained the same.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by SunriseW(f): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
your brain has been dogmatised; free it!

Its not, next pls
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Lordvactus(m): 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
pyyxxaro:
There’s no BIG SIN

SIN na SIN

You thief meat from pot or you spy woman lap , all naa the same sin
I like that spy woman lap part
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by mrkings84(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
cfree14:
So today(Sunday) I decided to stay at home because of yesterday's wedding I attended. Not that I don't go to church but I came back home yesterday feeling very tired, even till this morning.

A neighbour saw me this morning and was like "Bros, you no go church today?" I tried to make him understand why but he kept on telling me how it's wrong not to go to church and stuff.

So the question on my mind today is, why do people tag others who "miss" Sunday service as sinners?

It's simple. The truth is that somehow lukewarmness and backsliding might be gradually gaining momentum over u.

Let's say today was your working day, be sincere, would u have stayed home just because u attended a wedding yesterday??

Even the Bible asked us not to forsake the assembling of the brethren as the manner of some is.....

Pls don't be like them. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Lordvactus(m): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
well there are those who use it has a mask and those who take it has a holy task
So u now dropped some tasking lines for us the rappers so we don't be asking lies in millions of tongues when we spiting
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by anochuko01(m): 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
showafrica:

Person go go church, you look front big nyash protuding directly at you, you look back big breasts pointing wickedly at you.. Sideways fresh laps designing the chairs, you will wonder waiting carry you come here.

A girl was dancing in front of me last Sunday...I just couldn't raise my head
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by anochuko01(m): 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
mrkings84:

It's simple. The truth is that somehow lukewarmness and backsliding might be gradually gaining momentum over u.

Let's say today was your working day, be sincere, would u have stayed home just because u attended a wedding yesterday??

Even the Bible asked us not to forsake the assembling of the brethren as the manner of some is.....

Pls don't be like them. God bless you

What if I chose attend weekly service only?
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Jidibia(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
Na u get him time.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by MrBen619(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
Remember we once lived without religions in Nigeria and most parts of Africa. let's say in the 18th century backward.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Jidibia(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
queengift:

You are not alone in this bro, that zeal is no more there.
I can't remember the last time I went to church...
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pozehnani(f): 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
No, it's not. There is no law againat such and if there was any, Christ already fufilled that. However it's necessary to attend church services so you can grow spiritually and so the devil doesn't creep back into your life seeing you are not growing and have nothing to counter or resist him.
Go so you won't find yourself going back into the world.

Shalom.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by sochey(f): 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
CamusMidas:

But those are very valid points to go to church than the main reason which is delusional.

It's called church, chief...
Not club grin
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by sochey(f): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
TruthSeeker1:

What should the "right intention" be for going to church?

The right intentions are very straight forward..

Church is a place where you seek the face of the almighty.
A place for worship and prayers..
You can't have the mentality of showcasing whatever that you've got other than your heart and the entirety of your whole being..
Capisce!!
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pocohantas(f): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2020
Omoluabi16:
I will be praying for you sister poco. grin

Lol. Why na? cheesy grin

I hope you are not like that too? I have met just one 100% upright christian man in my 38yrs on earth. Just 1... I can never forget him.

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
sochey:

It's called church, chief...
Not club grin
No hypocrisy for club oh, but enter church.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Onnasucs1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2020
It is not a sin. I even stay in my house most Sundays. Nigerians has made it look like a taboo.

What is most important is your relationship with God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion / Ali Yakubov: 9 Month Old Russian Boy With Quran On Body / Mark Them: False Prophets And Prophetess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.