Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice (47499 Views)

How Do You Notice That You Are No Longer Welcomed As A Visitor? / My Husband Did Not Notice!! / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by RALPHOW(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
Am a man with 20 years experience in marriage.
The truth is that you caused the problem, this is what you get when you are too hard on your wife.
Don't be a dictator, always listen to her opinion on issues.

I can tell you she took that decision because she was not sure of your approval, even though the burial is important to her.

If you don't want a repeat of such in your house, learn to respect your wife's opinion on issues
Calm down and God will bless your marriage please.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by hopexter(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
Ever8090:
Bross,.if I vex for you this morning you no go like am,.hunger dey tear people, one onion now is 200 naira, ASU is on strike, Army dey deny say them no kill people for leki gate,bag of rice is 40,000 and Christmas is around the corner only for you to carry burial matter come dey worry us this morning....

Come you no base for this country?...

Problems no dey finish, the guy still just share him own na grin grin
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Akanoaaa(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
You wife went to introduce the kids to their real father, if you know you know.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Oizee(f): 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
DennisEche:
Oboy not a good sign at all, knowing how women brain works. I have seen and been with women that got bleepedd yet received phone call from their lovers pretending as if nothing happened. Even going as far as telling the caller" I love you baby" and person is untop riding her.
don't scatter his home more biko
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by spy24(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
delishpot:
If you are a kind and understanding husband and she hid this from you it means she is a crazy woman for that moment. On the other hand, some Hitler husband's are not told some things due to the wife or kids already predicting what their answers will be and she knows that if he gives a negative answer she will not be able to defy it so she just goes without telling.
Op, would you have let her go if she had told you about it? Cos some men like to control their wives as if she is an idiot who has no personal feelings and opinion so in that case, she might sieze the opportunity your absence brings and sneak to the burial esp if the relative is special to he heart.
I will not say more until I hear your wife's side of the story.

Good one

1 Like

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by AntiWailer: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
Let it go Bro.

Just calm down and let it go.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by toye440: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
Welcome to the ministry of offence, where ur emotions get maimed daily and u dont get to fight back.
Bros its hard to take in i must admit, but to be very honest with u please forget about ur wife's error for now and focus more on their return, its unacceptable anywhere and any culture. But from what i can see, love still exist btw u and ur wife and that my brother is worth fighting for. When she returns pls hug and kiss ur children cos they are the gain in any marriage, and after tucking them to bed at night, then u proceed to the board room meeting, try to let her know how reckless u felt by being left out of the loop and marginalised like u meant nothing to ur inlaws. Pls endeavour not to engage her in any shouting competition. My Brother if she apologise abeg no let her sleep make sure she open her gate of heaven, that ur king of glory may come in, no offence must go unpunished lol.
NB: pls married brothers stop asking single brothers for advice, its why u hv elders and religious leaders.
dont give up.

2 Likes

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Tfamily: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
jidamsel43 nice and the best actionpost=96059450:
You don't need to rush to make a hasty decision on this because many 'strange' things happen in a marriage that requires wisdom and patience. I began to realize some things recently when I got married which made me conclude that Marriage is full of strange and peculiar situations. Since my marriage late last year, my tolerance, patience, forbearance have increased. I have been to a point of raising my hand to hit her but I deployed caution and restraint. There is no issue or circumstance in a marriage that surpasses the use of patience and wisdom.

Back to the issue at hand, call your wife and inquire why she decided to embark on the journey without your permission. if she gives you a convincing response, please let it slide down like that. Anybody that tells you to come hard on your wife just wants to destabilize your happy home. If your wife's reason is reasonable to some extent, you have to accept her and just warn her not to take the unilateral decision again.

I have been confronted with issues more serious than this. My wife and I are still together better and stronger. There is no perfect man or woman.

We are just managing ourselves
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Oizee(f): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
Akanoaaa:
You wife went to introduce the kids to their real father, if you know you know.
ha, don't complicate issue for OP now
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by NNEWIsuper: 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
hadex90:
Well OP, I sense you don't really like your wife going for ceremony with her family. She's not free with you, hence the reason she travelled without your permission. You need to work on your relationship with her and her family and please don't forget that as your wife, her responsibility is not to you alone but also to her family. My 1kobo experience
Why the wrong assumption about op not giving his wife free hand which is just assumption and not true,.. Let's learn to address problems the right way
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Sheriman(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Bro don't be angry. She will come back home successfully with the kids but when she is back at home don't be haste to start asking or questioning just be patience and be smart. Wait till midnight when both of you are in bed.. Wake her up jejely ask her why she did that and what is the meaning of that? If she did not give you a reasonable and a genuine answer then deal with her. I don't mean you should start beating or starving her ooo.. but let your body language show to her that you are fighting against her foolishness and disloyalty.
I believe she will come back to her senses and she will kneel down to beg you for forgiveness..
Women shaaa with their wahaala
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by alizma: 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Souqwaqif:
Dear All,

Greetings from here. Just needing a piece of positive counsel here. It has been subtle and recurrent but I decided to share this particular one.

My wife travelled for a burial with my kids without my knowledge. I travelled far away for work and call home everyday. Just recently I called very early in the morning to tell my wife I will be coming home by weekend,she somewhat sounded surprised and said instead of me coming on Friday I should come on Sunday.

I didn't say anything,I pretended not to be angry with that. Yet I immediately did a cash transfer for feeding and balance for the kids school fees that same morning we were discussing.

Later in the evening,I expected her to call and update me on the fees payment,but I didn't receive any call,I then had to call but her lines were all switched off,at this point I was worried especially when I couldn't talk to the kids.

I then called a neighbor to help me check if they are at home only to confirm they travelled for burial which the neighbor got to know from a phone conversation between my wife and her sister.

At this point, I called my wife's brother only to confirm that they were having a burial in their village, which I am not aware of,even as an inlaw.

Right now am very upset and I don't want to act in anger,please how can I react to this conspiracy between her and her family carrying my car with my kids to a distant village for burial without my knowledge.

Thanks for mature inputs only:
Some preaching her are good while some are bad. To start with, I am also married because I can see some people saying marriage is this and that but what I want to tell you is that you have to be a little be more strict, yes I mean let your wife know that you don't take some nonsense. Show her love, buy her things but don't swallow all nonsense in the name of peace and tolerance. There are some to swallow and there some to strictly reject to avoid reoccurrence.
You may asked why do I think you are soft? I had expected you to question your wife's request that you should change your travelling date but you didn't. A woman who truly love her husband will want him back from any trip as soon as possible and when she decided to push back you planned return, that should have tell you something immediately. Caution her and make some change in the way you do things at home but don't love her less

1 Like

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by spy24(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
donestk:
All these talk to her talk to her gang, you think you're in Canada.

This is Africa, you paid through your nose to marry her.

What she deserve is a hot slap and apology.

Jesu !!

Are you joking or serious

This advise is not wrong it's wicked
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Jmanz: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
quote author=Souqwaqif post=96059118]Dear All,

Greetings from here. Just needing a piece of positive counsel here. It has been subtle and recurrent but I decided to share this particular one.

My wife travelled for a burial with my kids without my knowledge. I travelled far away for work and call home everyday. Just recently I called very early in the morning to tell my wife I will be coming home by weekend,she somewhat sounded surprised and said instead of me coming on Friday I should come on Sunday.

I didn't say anything,I pretended not to be angry with that. Yet I immediately did a cash transfer for feeding and balance for the kids school fees that same morning we were discussing.

Later in the evening,I expected her to call and update me on the fees payment,but I didn't receive any call,I then had to call but her lines were all switched off,at this point I was worried especially when I couldn't talk to the kids.

I then called a neighbor to help me check if they are at home only to confirm they travelled for burial which the neighbor got to know from a phone conversation between my wife and her sister.

At this point, I called my wife's brother only to confirm that they were having a burial in their village, which I am not aware of,even as an inlaw.

Right now am very upset and I don't want to act in anger,please how can I react to this conspiracy between her and her family carrying my car with my kids to a distant village for burial without my knowledge.

Thanks for mature inputs only:[/quote] you're not in respected sir.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by omofranyoung(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
jidamsel43:
You don't need to rush to make a hasty decision on this because many 'strange' things happen in a marriage that requires wisdom and patience. I began to realize some things recently when I got married which made me conclude that Marriage is full of strange and peculiar situations. Since my marriage late last year, my tolerance, patience, forbearance have increased. I have been to a point of raising my hand to hit her but I deployed caution and restraint. There is no issue or circumstance in a marriage that surpasses the use of patience and wisdom.

Back to the issue at hand, call your wife and inquire why she decided to embark on the journey without your permission. if she gives you a convincing response, please let it slide down like that. Anybody that tells you to come hard on your wife just wants to destabilize your happy home. If your wife's reason is reasonable to some extent, you have to accept her and just warn her not to take the unilateral decision again.

I have been confronted with issues more serious than this. My wife and I are still together better and stronger. There is no perfect man or woman.

I just love you your response....
I learnt from it.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by otipoju(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
A305:
You wife knew, you wouldn't have granted your consent for such a risky journey (with the kids) in your absence, so she took the advice of whosoever she's with to go on the trip anyway.

This is just one of the shi t test women test a man with, to know how weak or alpha the man is.

I'm sorry to inform you that; Sir, you have previously failed all her other shi t tests (when dating her or in your marriage) before this recent advanced test she pulled on you. It means, you are losing frame as the man of the house or even lost frame already.

So what can you do sir?

NOTHING, if you want your marriage to last; Absolutely nothing because she already crossed the line, you can't just kick her out now because she has your kids and she hasn't cheated yet. But there is a glimmer of hope, and what is it?

Turn your alpha mode on - First, Send away any of her relative living in your house.

Turn off your lovey dovey demeanor or shut down your happy attitude towards her when she goes against your rules.

Always repeat your rules to her at all times.

Never show weakness and never reveal your insecurities to her.

And this is the most important tip. Take back frame sir. How? Never argue with her. Never answer her irrelevant questions during confrontation. Rather, be the one asking the questions. Never talk back at her, Just state your point and walk out of the room. And if she is whining in the process, stay quiet and stoic.

If you want her to do something, Insist on it until it's done.

That's it.

Good luck

A thousand accolades for you. You analysis and solutions are on point and comes from experience.

Arguement is pointless. Na so dem dey do for until you change am for dem...now all of dem dey fear me.

1 Like

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by harmony75: 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
for her not to discuss what she want seriously shows you may not agree with her that's why she try to make the decision of the burial herself. ask yourself why could my wife not discuss this with me? maybe you didn't Show some kind of understanding when she discussed issues with you. forgive her and try to be more open to your wife and trust her decisions.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Stanleyq: 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
Make no haste to act, lest u spoil things, there are many things that might have happened in this way which u have neve known, u knew this only because u investigated, there are many things u also have done without telling her and she later knew, what u have to do. Just go home before she comes back, relax, when she comes, ask her nothing, but be frndly, when she tells u, do not comment on it, rather, begin another topic. Am i communicating? And u see a spiritual whip on her.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Andyblaze: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hj
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by fof1: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
Souqwaqif:
Dear All,

YOU HAVE REASON OR CAUSE TO BE ANGRY, BUT TAME IT. Since You have Confirmed their Safety and Truth of Location. However, Ur Wife Need to have ur Confidence or She may end up Misbehaving behind Ur Back. Take time to talk it over with her and for her to stop such Attitudes in Future. Ur Concerns are Valid. Their Safety in d Midst of Bandits,Kidnappers and Other Blood Thirsty Fellows Operations in our State/Country Borders...God Help U with Wisdom to handle Same.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by GreatResearcher: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
Souqwaqif:
Dear All,

Divorce her asap.
She is capable of cheating on you if she can do something without your consent.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Oizee(f): 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
If she had told u she was going to attend the burial with ur kids, would u have allowed her to go or even go with the kids?. Forgive her pls .
Some people even get mind, God forbid, what if something happens on their way?
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by neighbourhud: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
jidamsel43:

God bless your home bro
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by AfroKnight: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
Souqwaqif, this is serious.

It is curious that her family is quiet about your absence.

It could be for a couple of reasons.

1- She lied to them that you were aware and wouldn’t be available.

2- She knew you would refuse and decided to attend the event without your knowledge. Her family would be supporting her discretion in this case.

You didn’t mention if you asked her brother why you weren’t informed about the funeral. If you asked him, what was his answer? If he was surprised, then your wife lied to them. If he wasn’t surprised, then her family do not give a rat’s àss what you think. Dem no send you.

1 Like

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Colonelswitz101(m): 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
Horlartunes:
She went to Bleep
U lack sense
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by NoToPile: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
tempex88:
Your wife must be from a nice family. Dem get burial and dem no give you billing

grin grin grin grin grin

Honestly I am rolling with laughter here .

Souqwaqif, address the issue with your wife, leave her family out of it, you are already saying its a conspiracy, they must be aware you have travelled, it might be a very distant relative and they must have expected their daughter to inform you of the burial. If it was a conspiracy her brother wouldn't tell you they were at a burial.

Sort it with her, leave her family out of it.

There's something wrong with the type relationship both of you have. Some statements in your post are pointers.

2 Likes

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Oizee(f): 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Divorce her asap.
She is capable of cheating on you if she can do something without your consent.
go and sit down and ask all d female relation u have that are married if every thing they do is with their husband's consent. Home scatterer
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Strech(m): 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2020
DeLaRue:

Just like that embarassed
we that are old school, don't tolerate nonsense from women.her family must come and beg me to take her back..My wife works in an organization that closes around 3, before she gets home it's 1 hour. It happened that a directive came from their Superior to visit a co-worker that just put to bed without prior notice.she went without informing me and came back 6:37. I beat nonsense comot for her body that day and after that send her packing. It took a lot of begging to bring her back. All this Nigeria and American love movies has made our men weaklings . That is the reason for high rate of divorce these days. The question you should be asking yourself why is it that our fathers and forefathers stay long in marraiges?. The answer is simple, our fathers are no nonsense and our mothers know their boundary..

1 Like

Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Joythah(m): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
Option 1: when she returns ignore her. Play with your kids well but ignore her and all she has to offer. She will come apologizing if her head is correct. Then you warn her sternly not to try such again... Forgive and forget.
Option 2: sit her down when she returns and ask for an explanation... If she's sorry and apologizing, warn her and forgive but if she's defensive, and unapologetic, get your leather belt and give her serious flogging ( do not beat her with your hands o. I don't support beating women)
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by GreatResearcher: 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
Oizee:
go and sit down and ask all d female relation u have that are married if every thing they do is with their husband's consent. Home scatterer
Sign of disrespect if a woman or man does something without the consent of his or her partner
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by Omezif(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
She's wrong by not telling you, your being angry should not reach to your bone. she might have justification to reveal to you later.
Re: Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice by anyicash(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2020
Souqwaqif:
Dear All,

firstly, you have to conduct a DNA test to all your kids first.. You have to find out first if you are their father.

Do that first and come back to us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Laments After His Little Son Refused To Allow Him ‘Enjoy’ his Wife (Video) / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence / Nigerian Nanny Gets $121,000 Pay Check From Oppressive Nsobundu Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.