Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) (28743 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Man Who Asked Why 'Citation' Doesn't Have Subtitles / Bbnaija 2019:- Spoiler Alerts Ahead Of Bbnaija 4 Kick Off / Game Of Thrones Spoiler & Leak Thread (Please Avoid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by ToluNazzal: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
I thought he movie was well done but i was most impressed by Teni Otedola's acting. Most importantly, the story is one that should have been told sooner.

I even did a review on the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXxQcAiVJMw

6 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
I slept off halfway through. That’s how boring the movie is

3 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Yankee101: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
The coding done hook?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by hakeem4(m): 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
The front page title is scary

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by pek(m): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Bukan20:
it's overhyped mehn

not what I expected?
Are you asking or answering?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by rapcy(m): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Very interesting

I love how they portrayed every aspect of the movie as we see in reality, although along the line, it became a little bit boring but it still ended well.

They could have added embedded subtitle when the actors switch to other languages...

Teni is a good actor, she fit into her role very well,

I would recommend people to see the movie.

6 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Beverlyjean(f): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Very nice movie
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Daverytimes(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
The movie needed a better lead actress, I think in Nigeria we could have found a lead actress that would better translate the emotions of the character.
This movie sorely needed the main actress to display that emotion and temi was not capable of that.
I don't know how the selection was made, nor who provided the funding for the movie, I just hope she did not get the role due to nepotism, though it's no better if she was chosen based on her acting ability, as that would imply that the people handling auditions have no clue what good acting looks like.

Overall I would say the movie was beautifully shot the cinematography was good, colours where not vibrant but was well suited to the theme of the movie, music choice was questionable but acceptable. Sound mixing was hit and miss, and overall atmosphere was acceptable.

10 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by PAWG(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
As na rich man pikin act am, na to beef dey talk trash go follow.

I’ve not seen it but I hear it’s nice

9 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by olatuns2017: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I heard a lot about Kunle Afolayan's recent film, Citation - positive and very negative reviews included.

So i had to download it online to see things for myself - would drop the link later, in case you've not watched it yet.

The film stars Temi Otedola who debuts in an acting role, the ever graceful veteran Joke Silva, Jimmy Jean Louis, Ini Edo, Gabriel Afolayan and more.

It is a drama/thriller that captures sexual harassment and rape in universities, inspired by real-life events.

So.

If You've Watched This Movie, What Are Your Thoughts About It?!

Is It A Good One Or Another Over Hyped Piece?!

Share your thoughts

Still watching oo
Long

Good and aura of seeing obafemi awolowo University

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yeah, it's a long one!

I think OAU was the best choice for the setting.

olatuns2017:

Still watching oo
Long

Good and aura of seeing obafemi awolowo University

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Favemmzar200(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
But if i had to choose one, it would be Prison Break.

Wow seems you've got a pretty wide movie experience

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Neddstark: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Majority of Nigerian films are grossly overhyped
Majority of Nigerian fans are used to trashy movies with poor acting. That is why when they see a movie shot for cinema like Chief Daddy, they say it is the best movie they have ever seen in their lives. We celebrate mediocrity.
As for Citation, it's just an average movie. The camera works and film quality were superb. But the story line is simply average. I think Kunle Afolayan needs to try and use other script-writers. Seems he has mainly been working with one guy - Tunde Babalola and it is restricting his creativity. The acting is just there. I will give it a 5/10. Temi is not there yet, she may need to enroll in an acting school to be more prolific. I skipped alot watching the movie which couldnt engage me much. All in all, I will rate it a 4/10. This is not a movie you will want to see again inasmuch as the story addresses salient issues.
My best Nollywood movies so far are: King of Boys, 76 and Living in Bondage. Still waiting to watch "The Delivery Boy" by Nodash.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
I am very fond of people that read though. Incase you need interesting books to read I could recommend some and probably send pdf of some interesting ones too if you're interested.
Chii59:

I love to read just that no much time nowadays.
Romance, horror, mystery-thriller, vampire /werewolf... I love them all. The decent ones.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by pek(m): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
The average Nigerian video. The movie is not only over hyped, the characters didn't do justice to some of the roles. I didn't expect much from Teni. We must give her credit but I think it was too soon to cast her for such role.

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
Not the best experience, but quite fair.

Favemmzar200:
Wow seems you've got a pretty wide movie experience
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by giftedben: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
Teni Otedola acted like she has been in the movie industry for years.
I see her going to Hollywood in near future.
I will give the movie 6/10 rating. My reasons are Nigerian movies have to many short cuts.

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by sammy329(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
Overhyped movie angry angry

3 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
Some characters did well. I was impressed with the guy that played the sexually abusive Professor.

pek:
The average Nigerian video. The movie is not only over hyped, the characters didn't do justice to some of the roles. I didn't expect much from Teni. We must give her credit but I think it was too soon to cast her for such role.

5 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by marsman: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
The environment is very beautiful, do we really have University's Like that in Nigeria. If not for the black faces, i would have had the thought that the movie was shot in europe or some other developed country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Bekermann(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
Over hyped. The only thing I appreciated is the landscape architecture at Obafemi Awolowo University. Especially the three interconnecting faculties of Social Science, Law and Administration. OAU is so beautiful.

6 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by pek(m): 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Some characters did well. I was impressed with the guy that played the sexually abusive Professor.

I also used "some".

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Eerujeeje: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Oh wow! Sorry about that.

What didn't you like about it?!

you are dunce, he said he regrets watching it and you are asking what he like about what he regretted. Common sense isn't common.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Missyajoke(f): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I heard a lot about Kunle Afolayan's recent film, Citation - positive and very negative reviews included.

So i had to download it online to see things for myself - would drop the link later, in case you've not watched it yet.

The film stars Temi Otedola who debuts in an acting role, the ever graceful veteran Joke Silva, Jimmy Jean Louis, Ini Edo, Gabriel Afolayan and more.

It is a drama/thriller that captures sexual harassment and rape in universities, inspired by real-life events.

So.

If You've Watched This Movie, What Are Your Thoughts About It?!

Is It A Good One Or Another Over Hyped Piece?!

Share your thoughts

Its only in Nigeria you can try this nonsense you're doing by sending the link to download it.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Haywhysat: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
marsman:
The environment is very beautiful, do we really have University's Like that in Nigeria. If not for the black faces, i would have had the thought that the movie was shot in europe or some other developed country.

That's OAU

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Favemmzar200(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Not the best experience, but quite fair.

Am a movie person too...though havent watched any in recent

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by sholay2011(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
Daverytimes:
The movie needed a better lead actress, I think in Nigeria we could have found a lead actress that would better translate the emotions of the character.
This movie sorely needed the main actress to display that emotion and temi was not capable of that.
I don't know how the selection was made, nor who provided the funding for the movie, I just hope she did not get the role due to nepotism, though it's no better if she was chosen based on her acting ability, as that would imply that the people handling auditions have no clue what good acting looks like.

Overall I would say the movie was beautifully shot the cinematography was good, colours where not vibrant but was well suited to the theme of the movie, music choice was questionable but acceptable. Sound mixing was hit and miss, and overall atmosphere was acceptable.

Are you kidding me?? Temi did an almost perfect job. One of the best lead performances in recent times of Nigerian cinema. You don't even recognize good acting when it's staring at you. Nigerians are not the best at reading subtletly of screen acting but prefer the overacting that involves screaming, shouting, tears, hyperventilating and more screaming. Shiorr.

And I am surprised this thread made frontpage when the OP is clearly stating he watched a pirated copy of a movie he can watch on Netflix...and even provided the link on the same thread. This is just...sad.

Movie could have been shorter but I loved the gradual build-up. Temi, Jimmy-Jean Louis, Gabriel and Madam Awosika killed their roles. Ini Edo tried her best but her character was just flat...mostly due to writing imo. Very good cinematography and direction. The feasibility of certain events in the movie remain questionable but a very good effort from Nollywood imo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by 4ckyou: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chii59 and nwaezeemmanuel
Make una kukuma get married na

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Clementz0(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
The movie is a dope project don't know why some people are shouting overhyped why can't we Nigerians be proud of our movies and drop tribalism for once, the concept of the movie was dope, as for me Jesus will intervene embarassed

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by NORSIYK(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
Highly overrated, Temi tried but any random girl could have done same thing she acted. Apart from her ability to be fluent in French nothing more spectacular about her acting. I didn't feel any emotion in her acting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by AntiWailer: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Awesome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No PVC, No Servicing - Mr Macaroni, Mummy Wa And Daddy Wa (Video) / Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV / Toke Makinwa Returns As BBNaija’s ‘The Buzz’ Host (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.