Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,441 members, 7,781,289 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:49 AM

CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) (28538 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Man Who Asked Why 'Citation' Doesn't Have Subtitles / Bbnaija 2019:- Spoiler Alerts Ahead Of Bbnaija 4 Kick Off / Game Of Thrones Spoiler & Leak Thread (Please Avoid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Bifrost: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Trash.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by MorataFC: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
But if i had to choose one, it would be Prison Break.

it seems you haven't heard about Lost
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by orgylover: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sokii6:
Overhyped
na otedola daughter na. kunle na ass lickeer

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by RuddyFusion(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Not bad good movie but some scenes could hv been better
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hey! Movie platforms are up there for a reason.

I have watched movies on Netflix and even in cinemas. It's fine if you can get them from other sources - not everyone has the privilege

Missyajoke:

Its only in Nigeria you can try this nonsense you're doing by sending the link to download it.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Overhyped. Nothing special. The storyline and visuals were good, but that's all it was.

5 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
I have, but haven't given it a try. I doubt it will resonate deep with me like Prison Break did.

Would try watching it though smiley

MorataFC:
it seems you haven't heard about Lost
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Hermes119: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I think Gabriel Afolayan acted decently. Temi Otedola had issues transitioning into emotions - quite expected as she's not well experienced.

In this scene, she struggled with translating emotions.
I agree with this 100%. I noticed her facial expressions and body language was below par,its why she is a rookie after all

3 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
There are reasons you may regret watching a movie. Bad plot, Bad acting, Poor cliffhangers and on and on.

You're right, common sense isn't common!

Eerujeeje:
you are dunce, he said he regrets watching it and you are asking what he like about what he regretted. Common sense isn't common.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by NaijaCr7: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Citation for me is one of the best movie I have seen and the quality of its story and cast is worth it. People are entitled to their diverse opinion but if you downloaded it and didn't get to see the subtitle file due to french spoken scene you may find it boring.
One need to understand the storyline and the choice of cast to understand the reason for the French and the lengthy movie time.

Temi otedola really interpreted her script well (minding as well that it's her debut) and the content of the interplay dialogue is so rich.

My favourite scenes

1. The seaview

2. The scene where the professor was asked to sit by the student representative .

3 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
The storyline and visuals were very good! I agree with you on that

ALEX182:
Overhyped. Nothing special. The storyline and visuals were good, but that's all it was.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
Can we call citation a nollywood movie?

The level of production is just too high to be compared with any Nigerian movie..

Simple storyline that we are all familiar with, but well packaged.

U don't have to pack well known actors and actresses full ur movie before hin go make sense..
Give the upcoming ones chance make dem take the lead role..

Even if the storyline no make sense, package am well..

Citation dope abeg

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Neddstark: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
Clementz0:
The movie is a dope project don't know why some people are shouting overhyped why can't we Nigerians be proud of our movies and drop tribalism for once, the concept of the movie was dope, as for me Jesus will intervene embarassed

Guy, go and see movies India is making. Go and see what South Korea is making that made them swallow 4 Oscars this year. Go and see what North Africa is doing. Even the Arabs have picked up well. If we don't say the truth for what it is, we continually dwell in mediocrity. The movie is good, but dope is an over-exaggeration.

4 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Hermes119: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
2. The Funnily Annoying Twins

I understand the twins provided some comic relief but their accents was a no for me,its like whitewashing

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by RandomAfrican1: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I heard a lot about Kunle Afolayan's recent film, Citation - positive and very negative reviews included.

So i had to download it online to see things for myself - would drop the link later, in case you've not watched it yet.

The film stars Temi Otedola who debuts in an acting role, the ever graceful veteran Joke Silva, Jimmy Jean Louis, Ini Edo, Gabriel Afolayan and more.

It is a drama/thriller that captures sexual harassment and rape in universities, inspired by real-life events.

So.

If You've Watched This Movie, What Are Your Thoughts About It?!

Is It A Good One Or Another Over Hyped Piece?!

Share your thoughts

So OP in other words, you did illegal download instead of watching on netflix
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yeah. She will become better.

Hermes119:

I agree with this 100%. I noticed her facial expressions and body language was below par,its why she is a rookie after all
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
Great movie, nice story line, good acting especially from temi(considering she's fairly new). I'd rate it 8.5/10. I'd be expecting more movies from kunle but let it be action.

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Daverytimes(m): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
sholay2011:

Are you kidding me?? Temi did an almost perfect job. One of the best lead performances in recent times of Nigerian cinema. You don't even recognize good acting when it's staring at you. Nigerians are not the best at reading subtletly of screen acting but prefer the overacting that involves screaming, shouting, tears, hyperventilating and more screaming. Shiorr.

And I am surprised this thread made frontpage when the OP is clearly stating he watched a pirated copy of a movie he can watch on Netflix...and even provided the link on the same thread. This is just...sad.

Movie could have been shorter but I loved the gradual build-up. Temi, Jimmy-Jean Louis, Gabriel and Madam Awosika killed their roles. Ini Edo tried her best but her character was just flat...mostly due to writing imo. Very good cinematography and direction. The feasibility of certain events in the movie remain questionable but a very good effort from Nollywood imo.

Lol, I cannot recognize good acting.
I love when random internet people that don't know who they are talking to starts telling that person what they can and cannot recognize.
If you enjoyed her acting then that's perfectly fine, but it's not worth it to discuss anything with you when you say she "did an almost perfect job".
To call that statement laughable would be an insult to laughable statements.

3 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by KingofAbuja(m): 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
realokopi:
I am very fond of people that read though. Incase you need interesting books to read I could recommend some and probably send pdf of some interesting ones too if you're interested.

Hey. I'm interested please.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by gameboy727(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
The movie was great too be honest. Though a bit long, but having sat all day to watch the Lord of The Rings trilogy and The Hobbit trilogy the day after, Citation be like child's play when it comes to duration of time.

3 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Pavillon: 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Very nice movie but became boring close to the end. 2hr 30min thriller and drama is just way outta normal. I'd to fast forward it close to the end.
between, 90% of the scene was all centered around Temi, appeared in almost all scene.... No side attraction at all

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
I've watched Netflix movies before now. I agree, open sources of movies can be crossing the line.

If you can watch on Netflix, great.

RandomAfrican1:

So OP in other words, you did illegal download instead of watching on netflix
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by womenareapes: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I heard a lot about Kunle Afolayan's recent film, Citation - positive and very negative reviews included.

So i had to download it online to see things for myself - would drop the link later, in case you've not watched it yet.

The film stars Temi Otedola who debuts in an acting role, the ever graceful veteran Joke Silva, Jimmy Jean Louis, Ini Edo, Gabriel Afolayan and more.

It is a drama/thriller that captures sexual harassment and rape in universities, inspired by real-life events.

So.

Share your thoughts
this movie gonna disappoint many Muslims grin

I thought the movie is all about that bloody Quran citation
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
There is hope if you don't have a Netflix account like me.

This link will direct you to download it, just in case you've been searching it on the net for too long.

https://www.thenetnaija.com/videos/nollywood/12787-citation-2020

I pray you are caught and wrath in jail for the rest of your life for pirating the sweat of another person..... God will punish you.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by ukaface(f): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
I see bad belle people everywhere sha
For a first time.acting, Temi Otedola tried abeg. I know she been fleunt in French gave her an advantage to been selected as the lead actor.
But some scenes were unnecessary, especially the karate scenes, Ko necesstry Na...
The twins made it fun a bit.
I would give 7/10 or maybe 8/10.
Camera was good, the actors tried. But hol up, wasup with Bukunmi in the movie? Lol.....

They tried abeg.

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by sholay2011(m): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
Daverytimes:

Lol, I cannot recognize good acting.
I love when random internet people that don't know who they are talking to starts telling that person what they can and cannot recognize.
If you enjoyed her acting then that's perfectly fine, but it's not worth it to discuss anything with you when you say she "did an almost perfect job".
To call that statement laughable would be an insult to laughable statements.
Bros, I don't care for who you are but my post was purely based on what you wrote up there. And it shows clearly that you can't recognize good screen acting when you see one. I'm not sparing you, based purely on that post. Did Temi nail all the scenes? Maybe not as she went a bit out of character in one scene or so BUT unlike the Nollywood definition of acting, she surprised and gave a very solid performance.

Why not give me an example of what you consider good acting in a Nigerian movie so we can judge each other's tastes?

4 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Eerujeeje: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
There are reasons you may regret watching a movie. Bad plot, Bad acting, Poor cliffhangers and on and on.

You're right, common sense isn't common!

he doesn't like anything about it
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by paul100(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
rapcy:
Very interesting

I love how they portrayed every aspect of the movie as we see in reality, although along the line, it became a little bit boring but it still ended well.

They could have added embedded subtitle when the actors switch to other languages...

Teni is a good actor, she fit into her role very well,

I would recommend people to see the movie.
They added but it's on Netflix.Someone asked about the subtitle on twitter and get blasted by the director of the movie.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by philipinho: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2020
Odidi omo Billionaire kept one hairstyle throughout the movie. This says a lot. Talking about hairstyle, I believe the wig on the Professor wasn't necessary. Makes the movie less enthralling.

The accident scene at the beginning was not a good job at all.

The Seun Kuti concert was not in sync with the crowd...

The story line is a common one in Nollywood, and there are few similar Bollywood movies on Netflix.

I think the movie was rushed. Maybe the focus was just to pass a message. And I didn't expect such an average movie from a supposed top director/producer.

4\10

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by dipsy588(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Gabriel afolayan did his role well but on my own part. Temi is still inexperienced in acting and emotional control. Also,I don't appreciate the part where they didn't translate all the French scenes. Troubke for person wey no sabi French. Also, the karate scene was unnecessary but was ok just to show extra curricular I feel.

Veteran joke Silva is awesome. And also the movie with the other Portuguese artist and the French guy made it boring all bit cos that's how they do their movies.

I hope when temi gets her next shot in a movie she would do better.

nwaezeemmanuel:

So.

Share your thoughts

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
Did You Know?!

Jimmy Jean-Louis who played Prof. Lucien is not Nigerian.

He actually is from Haiti and has citizenship in the United States of America!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Shadysen: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
But if i had to choose one, it would be Prison Break.

Try watch into the bad land. seasonal thou.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Khloe "Cee-c Is A Virgin; My Sister Is Also A 23-Year-Old Virgin" / TVC News Unveils New Studio, Facilities, Adopts ‘first With Breaking News’ / BBNaija: "You Can Have Cross, He’s Not Worth Fighting For" – Ilebaye Tells Kim O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.