Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,732 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

- Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / (3427 Views)

TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta / Samsung Galaxy A21s - How Good Is The New Exynos 850? / Samsung's Exynos VS Snapdragon Issue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by ElScopio: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2020
Re: by theFilmtric: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2020
Re: by theFilmtric: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
smiley a vs pending.
theFilmtricsay
Re: by ElScopio: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2020
Re: by theFilmtric: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2020
shocked kiss
theFilmtricsay
Re: by theFilmtric: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Re: by theFilmtric: 1:49am On Dec 19, 2020
kiss
Re: by theFilmtric: 12:09am On Dec 27, 2020

Re: by theFilmtric: 12:03am On Feb 12, 2021
Re: by Magnoliaa(f): 3:40am On May 01, 2021

I don't understand JIMMY on this thread.
Re: by theFilmtric: 1:54pm On May 01, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I don't understand JIMMY on this thread.
Magnoliaa!
Long time
How've you been?

You should
To appreciate your phone better wink
I see you're still a night owl cheesy

theFilmtricsay
Re: by Magnoliaa(f): 6:40pm On May 01, 2021
theFilmtric:

Magnoliaa!
Long time
How've you been?

You should
To appreciate your phone better wink
I see you're still a night owl cheesy

theFilmtricsay

I don't need to appreciate anything, abeg. What do I need it for? undecided

I've been good, and yes, I've been crawling in the night. You don't expect me to shape-shift in the time that's past na.
Re: by theFilmtric: 6:50pm On May 01, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I don't need to appreciate anything, abeg. What do I need it for? undecided

I've been good, and yes, I've been crawling in the night. You don't expect me to shape-shift in the time that's past na.
Lol
I forgot this is not an horror movie grin
But with the way things are going in Nigeria
Anything is possible
Re: by bennyefosa19: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
how is the performance of the dimensity 1000 plus? i've heard that it is good for gaming
Re: by harryodilli19(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2021
i feel like their dimensity processors are better when it comes to 5G connectivity. even in gaming they are good

theFilmtric:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 730g vs Mediatek helio g90t ?

After a long time, MediaTek is finally back in the powerful chipsets segment. And its comeback is through a gaming-centric smartphone processor: the Helio G90T. Qualcomm also recently launched a mid-range chipset made specifically for gamers: it is the Snapdragon 730G and it is the most amazing Qualcomm chipset just below the Snapdragon 8xx series.
Qualcomm is currently the leader of mobile chipsets. The best Android flagships out there are powered by Qualcomm’s high-end chipset from the Snapdragon 8xx series. Due to Qualcomm’s domination, MediaTek was forced to exit the high-end mobile processor segment in 2017, after releasing the Helio X30. And now it is trying to come back again with the Helio G90T.

Both the chipsets have the G tag on them, meaning that they are specifically made for gaming and by observing the prices of the phones, it is clear that they are not for flagships and they do well in the mid-range devices. Lets discuss Snapdragon 730g vs Mediatek helio g90t.
CPU Comparison

The MediaTek Helio G90T is an octa-core chipset with two ARM Cortex-A76 cores clocking at up to 2.05GHz and there are six ARM Cortex-A55 cores. The manufacturing process here is 12nm one, and these are 64bit CPUs.
On the other side, the Snapdragon 730G has two Kryo 470 Gold CPUs with Cortex A76 cores and the clock speed of up to 2.2GHz, and along with that are six Cortex A55 cores and these are Kryo 470 Silver clocking at 1.8GHz. These are made with an 8nm manufacturing process, which is a better one than the Helio G90T’s process, and even the CPUs here support 64bit architecture.
Battery Efficiency comparision

The battery efficiency of the chipsets depends on the production processes of the chipset. Since the Snapdragon 730G is built with the 8nm process, which is a much more efficient process, the battery consumption is much lesser and the smartphones that are powered by this chipset have a better battery life when compared to the ones powered by the Helio G90T, and that’s because the MediaTek one is made using the 12nm process, which doesn’t make the battery efficient any close to the Kryo cores.
GPU Comparison

The GPU is one of the important parts of the chipset when gaming is the concern, as high-end smartphone games need a good GPU for the same. On these two chipsets, the GPU is strong enough to handle most of the graphics rendering tasks thrown on them, but how different are they?
The MediaTek Helio G90T has the Mali G76 3EEMC4 GPU with the clock speed of 800 MHz, and on the other side, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G has Adreno 618 GPU and it has the clock speed of 500 MHz. Now, with the benchmark scores for the GPU on the AnTuTu test, they don’t differ much but MediaTek has been claiming that the performance is better not just because of the better clock speed but also because of the whole chipset being optimized for that one thing – gaming.
Other aspects

The MediaTek Helio G90T supports up to Full HD+ displays while on the other hand, the Snapdragon 730G supports QHD+ displays with a resolution of up to 3360 x 1440 pixels. So, that Qualcomm chipset is something that can be used even on budget flagships to have a better display than the regular ones.
While the Helio G90T supports up to 64MP single camera, the SD730G supports up to 192MP single camera.

As for the RAM support, the Helio G90T supports up to 10GB RAM and the clock speed is 2133MHz, while the SD 730G supports up to 8GB RAM with the clock speed of 1866MHz.
The connectivity is better on the Snapdragon 730G and that is a given, as Qualcomm has been one of the leaders when it comes to offering the modems for better connectivity in their chipsets, and here, the download speeds supported here are 800MBits/s compared to the 600MBits/s supported on the Helio G90T.
Now, which is a better chipset? Snapdragon 730g vs Mediatek helio g90t ?

There are certain differences between the two processors and some very important ones in terms of performance, connectivity, and battery efficiency. 

Average Antutu score of Snapdragon 730g is 2,59,109 points which varies from device to device. Where as Antutu score of Mediatek helio G90T is 2,83,333.
The MediaTek chipset here is a better one when we talk about the core performance and also the GPU performance, but the Snapdragon 730G here is having a better support for cameras and connectivity as well, and it also is much better with the battery efficiency, making it a chipset better for long-term users who care a lot about battery life, but again, phones usually are coming with a big battery capacity in order to facilitate for a good battery life.
SOURCE

theFilmtricsay
Re: by harryodilli19(m): 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
quite good even in September 2021. the oppo reno 5 5G is especially good with the dimensity 1000+ chip inside.

bennyefosa19:
how is the performance of the dimensity 1000 plus? i've heard that it is good for gaming

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could Mb Be Converted To Money?? / Does The Gionee M5 Mini Still Have Lagging And Over Heating Issues / Tecno Campaign Going On Live At Etihad Stadium [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.