Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America (10103 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by MisterKings(m): 5:54am On Nov 17, 2020
Vietnaminfo:

IT certificates are recognised world wide. I am a Cloud Administrator and I have Azure certificate from Microsoft, Oracle certificate in Cloud computing and they are all recognised world wide.

1. Did you acquire them here in Nigeria
2. Do you live abroad presently

1 Like

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by MisterKings(m): 5:56am On Nov 17, 2020
seunny4lif:
Hand jobs like barber, Mechanic etc
Any health related skill
Any IT world related skill
In short any STEM related skills

which one be STEM
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by MisterKings(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2020
sweetmelanin:

The events sector has been killed by Covid restrictions ..people are no longer throwing parties/weddings like before ..

If you can learn handy skills like plumbing, gas boiler service/repair, flooring installation like carpet, tiles, luxury vinyl, laminate. . One can make some nice cash on the side doing these alongside your main profession.

Even if you learn IT skills in Nigeria, you will still need to obtain training and certification in whatever country you're going to before you can get a job there.

Do you live abroad?
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by kizonero(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=bigglenn12 post=96111082]

IT,plumber,hair dresser,barber,welder,builder constructions,shoe maker,truck driver,forklift operator,nurse,medical doctor,chemical Technologist,teacher. In fact here in diaspora its different. Unlike in naija. Once u have these skills u re made. I do not work for anyone here in Canada,people beg me to do work for them and I charge them heavily. I am a plumber but I have a degree in mathematics and studied in naija.

Pls is there any school in Lagos where one can learn any of those skills you mentioned above within a short period of time.
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Kalusam(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2020
FahBuLous:
How about graphic design...
That is great too but best combined with Digital Marketing IMO

1 Like

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by FahBuLous: 9:10am On Nov 17, 2020
Kalusam:
That is great too but best combined with Digital Marketing IMO
thanks... Jah bless..
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2020
Those are super talents.... yes you could probably need a certificate if your profession is regulated but a professional body. What I mean is if you didn't get your certificate from an institution,its advisable you register with a professional body.

MisterKings:

You have answered the question and made my day, thank you bro.

But I am into video and film. I shoot videos like corporate events, weddings etc and I edit them, so you can call me a filmmaker of sorts. I am good at them and work for the makers of super story. And in addition I know web design and graphic design.

You no mention my category also do I need a certificate to show them I sabi am?

2 Likes

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2020
lymelyte:
go and learn forklift or crane and truck driving

You the best... Thank you
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by MisterKings(m): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2020
bigglenn12:
Those are super talents.... yes you could probably need a certificate if your profession is regulated but a professional body. What I mean is if you didn't get your certificate from an institution,its advisable you register with a professional body.

Thanks a million bro, I go sharpen am more get a certification join am
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by GreatMage: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
MisterKings:

UI/UX I am acquainted with that term but I don't even know where to start or what it does. I am a bit interested in software development but my mind has been sunk in filmmaking that I feel e go too much for my brain

Making love? (I don marry)

Well UI/UX is about designing User Interface...

It's a fun thing to do...

If you have passion for filmmaking then pls learn skills relayed to that path...

Then about love making? Well just upgrade you skills cuz you might need it over there too

One thing about abroad is to have alot under your sleeves in case of emergency...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by seunny4lif(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
MisterKings:

which one be STEM
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Pedro906(m): 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
I'm a welder..guys what do you think of me??
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2020
Pedro906:
Pedro hmm bad guy cool
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Pedro906(m): 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
ZIINI:

Pedro hmm bad guy cool
grin what made me bad?

1 Like

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by MisterKings(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2020
GreatMage:

Then about love making? Well just upgrade you skills cuz you might need it over there too

Lol, you still mention this love making, which one be love making.
Then for this UI UX what can one create with it

1 Like

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by GreatMage: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
MisterKings:

Lol, you still mention this love making, which one be love making.
Then for this UI UX what can one create with it

Web sites and other designs on front end development
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Vietnaminfo(m): 6:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
MisterKings:

1. Did you acquire them here in Nigeria
2. Do you live abroad presently

I acquired them outside Nigeria. Yes, I live abroad presently.
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by optimusprime2(m): 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
The best skill you can have, is common sense

5 Likes

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by PortairServices: 3:59am On Nov 19, 2020
kizonero:
Pls is there any school in Lagos where one can learn any of those skills you mentioned above within a short period of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by MisterKings(m): 7:30am On Nov 19, 2020
GreatMage:

Web sites and other designs on front end development

Okay I have been looking at this site >>> pluralsight.com

Not sure where to start with anything IT.
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by GreatMage: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2020
MisterKings:

Okay I have been looking at this site >>> pluralsight.com

Not sure where to start with anpything IT.

Start with anything that align with your career path or passion...
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2020
optimusprime2:
The best skill you can have, is common sense

That's not the answer the OP needs.
It's your type that usually travels with "common sense" as their only skill and then engage in crimes abroad, thinking they're smart, and soiling the country's image.
What's the "smartness" in robbing and scamming/duping people?
If you don't have any skills, please, do not dream of travelling, because the Nigeria has already had enough bad image from idiots like you.

Thank God many more people are now recognizing that skill acquisition is a necessity for travelling.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by MisterKings(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

It's your type that usually travels with "common sense" as their only skill and then engage in crimes abroad, thinking they're smart, and soiling the country's image.
If you don't have any skills, please, do not dream of travelling, because the Nigeria has already had enough bad image from idiots like you.

Thank God many more people are now recognizing that skill acquisition is a necessity for travelling.

Lol I am sure he was only trying to be funny. But his answer was ignored anyway as it is not helpful
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by optimusprime2(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Bro my question for you is simple, "what is common sense?"
Now after answering that question, answer this; can common sense guide you in skill acquisition?

At the end of the day, after everyone has advised the op to do this and that, what if he is not able to compete with that skill due to certain individual reasons unique to the op?

Just imagine people telling him to learn IT skills... what if he goes to Norway for instance and is required to take a mandatory certification exam in order for him to function... that becomes a tall order if he didn't get the supporting education for that skill. (Let's even leave the language part out of it-assuming the op is good with languages)

My point exactly, acquire a skill you can actually get competitive with, not because of popular remarks. There's a market out there which varies depending on the country you go.

Right there... thats common sense.

Oh and by the way, it's my type that identifies a market demand in my location, and figures out a way within my capacity to buildup supply. Common sense let's you do that. And that's a strategic skill.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by YungLasaint(m): 11:58am On Nov 22, 2020
Can anyone guide me through which IT skill one should aquire?

Since web development is already a saturated industry what chance does one have as a web developer?

Will one need to acquire more skills, if yes which one?
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 29, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

IT certificates are recognised world wide. I am a Cloud Administrator and I have Azure certificate from Microsoft, Oracle certificate in Cloud computing and they are all recognised world wide.

Since you are still living and teaching in Vietnam, how have you been using/working with these IT skills that you have acquired?
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Vietnaminfo(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
Citygal:

Since you are still living and teaching in Vietnam, how have you been using/working with these IT skills that you have acquired?

I work remotely as well as doing my teaching job.
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

I work remotely as well as doing my teaching job.

That’s good ����
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Cousin9999: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
Medical.

1 Like

Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by chiamakaeunice: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
Pedro906:

Hi Pedro, I see that you tried sending me an email. Reach me at chiamakaeunice1@gmail.com
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Evii: 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
Perfecttouchade:
acquire I.T knowledge and be made in Europe and America

A colleague is planning of relocating to the UK and his wife is planing on learning an I.T skill here but don't k ow which branch to go into, could you please advice?
Re: What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America by Evii: 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

A colleague is planning of relocating to the UK and his wife is planing on learning an I.T skill here but don't k ow which branch to go into, could you please advice?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory / COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests / Third Mainland Bridge Closure: Road Users Applaud Agencies On Smooth Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.