Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" (37919 Views)

Picture Of Joe Biden And A Group Of Women / Inauguration Of Joe Biden As US President (Live Video) / Biography & Profile Of Joe Biden, US President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Doesn't matter what she identifies, she looks and talks like a TYPICAL Black American woman and that's exactly what she is inside because that's what she grew up as and what she grew up around. Just like a child born to 9ja parents in US and grows up in US is a typical black American

She didn't grow up around Africa americans.

Her parent divorced when she was young. She lived with her indian mother, kamala harris is Hindus and practice Hinduism.

She is 50 something, never given birth and married to a divorcee.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by falopey: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

So she is a trickers

How is she african American if her father is from jamaican and mother from Indian?

This is just amazing

Her father was a Jamaican American (Every black is an African American)and her mother was an Indian (Asian) American.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
falopey:

Her father was a Jamaican American and her mother was an Indian (Asian) American.

So the question is

How is she African american?
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by falopey: 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

So the question is

How is she African american?

Every black man in America is an African American in the face of the law regardless whether you are a Nigerian American or Jamaican American.

When you are pulled over by the police and issued a ticket, police won’t identify you as a Nigerian American on your arrest record. They will identify you as an African American
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Dreadful: 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2020
milehigh06:

Keep consoling yourself
Your eyes go soon clear.
Ask yourself this question...
Why are the Republicans winning more states in the House of representatives? grin grin
The constitution will push the election to the house of representatives!
Are you aware that Nancy Pelosi wrote a letter to the HoR tasking them on the need for them to win the majority of the States? You know why?
The answer is the constitution!
Are you aware that Hillary publicly told Biden not to concede if he loses? You know why?
The answer is the same constitution.
What do you Nigerians know, you just follow the news upandan.
Let me not delve in deeper!
By now you ought to have known why Trump keep saying.... "We Will Win!!"
Last night he even tweeted, he won the election because he knows what is going to play out through the constitution.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by 5thcolm(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2020
don't you just love it when Nigerian say "who gives a shit about their color" but accuse Buhari of tribalism when he appointed mostly northerner to his cabinet
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2020
falopey:

Every black man in America is an African American in the face of the law regardless whether you are a Nigerian American or Jamaican American.

When you are pulled over by the police and issued a ticket, police won’t identify you as a Nigerian American on your arrest record. They will identify you as an African American

this is the problem...

black americans are not distinguished as an ethnic group in the U.S so opportunities that are meant for them are giving to people that look like black americans and this makes and leads to black americans been poorer than other groups/nations within U.S.

every black person is not black american but will be treated as a black american legally.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by falopey: 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

this is the problem...

black americans are not distinguished as an ethnic group in the U.S so opportunities that are meant for them are giving to people that look like black americans and this makes and leads to black americans been poorer than other groups/nations within U.S.

every black person is not black american but will be treated as a black american legally.

Correct!!!
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by kunle75(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
it doesn't mean anything

The more they try to create diversity instead of merit, the more disaster they create.

The more they try to please everyone, the more they please no one and create lot of conflict.

Diversity is a scam.

You still can use diversity to your advantage, maybe you should dig deep into the background of those selected candidates for the job before arriving at this condition.
However I am not condemning your assertion but maybe another look at capabilities of those in the board,those are renowned experts in their field and are people of colors who have immensely contributed alot in their areas of expertise to human endeavors especially here in United States ��. It just boils down to putting the round peg in the round holes.

Just pointing this out not calling you out.

grin grin grin
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by emkz: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2020
dozymars:

You stay in Nigeria and type nonsense. You have no first hand experience of racism in America and you write like you know it all.

Get some history lessons so that you can appreciate inclusion for all.

Fulani is ruling over you in every sector in Nigeria, face that.

If you are sound and believe you are an intellectual, take my point one by one, rip them to shreds with sensible commentary. This one shows your reasoning faculty is sub-par for a forum like Nairaland. Try and follow my exchange with awulio and see how someone sensible reasons and converses with people. You can learn from her.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by kunle75(m): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

this is the problem...

To an extent this is true
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
falopey:

Not true.

Every black person born in america isn't African American.

Your surname is everything and descent is everything,That is what people will use to identify you.

Even on forms in America, there is a difference between native born black Americans and black of african or carribean descent.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Offpoint1: 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2020
OfficialAwol:
CNN acting the script given them since decision was made to move against Trump.

Maybe it escaped your eyes, but sometimes in early February when USA was just registering its first coronavirus case, a Nairalnder made a comment that Trump will lose reelection because of Coronavirus.

I dismissed it then because I thought America might not be as hard hit as it presently is but I guess I was wrong.

There are many secret agents here on this forum who are privy to so many classified information and I'm sure that guy was aware of something we didn't know.

Again, I'm of the view that Pfizer deliberately delayed announcement of their vaccine to make sure Trump loses. Or why did they make the announcement just barely one week after the elections.

The forces against Trump prepared for him long ago. And these guys are not just after Trump, they are after something more.
Even a blind knows Trump will lose his re-election long ago.
You don't need any prophet to tell you that
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2020
kunle75:

You still can use diversity to your advantage, maybe you should dig deep into the background of those selected candidates for the job before arriving at this condition.
However I am not condemning your assertion but maybe another look at capabilities of those in the board,those are renowned experts in their field and are people of colors who have immensely contributed alot in their areas of expertise to human endeavors especially here in United States ��. It just boils down to putting the round peg in the round holes.

Just pointing this out not calling you out.

grin grin grin

I understand your point.

It is the same way black people can cry racism to gain attention over nothing.

Sure, you can game the system to your advantage.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by shilz(f): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2020
Nostradamus1:
He is here to stay.Igbo for Biden.
Igbo Amaka . Igbo by enyi Biden.In Igbo, Kamala means ka-anyi malu or Kedu Amara (k-Amara)
malaria or whaaa?
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by pacespot(m): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
You just showed you don’t live in America.... here we asked to be called ppl of color. It’s a sense of pride. If you call someone black here then you would be considered racist. You either call them african American or ppl of color. Ppl of color includes blacks, Asians and Latinos. .....there are many ppl of color that are qualified but don’t get the right jobs because they not white. So Biden is trying to fix that. When you come to America you will see a lot of white ppl with lesser qualifications than you in high positions just because their white. Here if a white person wants a loan they will pay less interest than a black person bcuz banks say white ppl come with less risk. Biden wants to correct those errors

Yeah, it might be true that Biden is down with helping African Americans get equal opportunities as their white counterparts. But that phrase "people of color" is derogatory. It sounds like people that are of less value compared to other humans, like someone of inferior quality to you. Do you know that phrase emanated from the time of slavery? There are so many ways to address people of Africa origin without defying their dignity, you can simply say African American.

It is like you people have become used to abuse that it is difficult to recognize one.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by brevity000: 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
OfficialAwol:
CNN acting the script given them since decision was made to move against Trump.

Maybe it escaped your eyes, but sometimes in early February when USA was just registering its first coronavirus case, a Nairalnder made a comment that Trump will lose reelection because of Coronavirus.

I dismissed it then because I thought America might not be as hard hit as it presently is but I guess I was wrong.

There are many secret agents here on this forum who are privy to so many classified information and I'm sure that guy was aware of something we didn't know.

Again, I'm of the view that Pfizer deliberately delayed announcement of their vaccine to make sure Trump loses. Or why did they make the announcement just barely one week after the elections.

The forces against Trump prepared for him long ago. And these guys are not just after Trump, they are after something more.
Biden will be impeach to give way for kamala

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

what about Africans, asians, indians e.t.c.. who have been in the U.S since the 1950s and are descendants of immigrants who have been in the U.S since and before the 1950s...

the U.S. didn't start in the 1990s grin grin grin grin
They may be of whatever race but they are first generation Americans.
You may see a lot of them around with Asian faces but their mentalities are different from those of average Asians and even Asian immigrants(those that barely migrated yesterday) kinda deal with them differently.

As Nigerian immigrants see Nigerians that are born and raised in America as akata, so also all the minorities except few who are raised with their traditions just like many Nigerians try to take kids back home once in a while.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2020
kunle75:

To an extent this is true

not to an extent.... this is what happens...
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by falopey: 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Not true.

Every black person born in america isn't African American.

Your surname is everything and descent is everything,That is what people will use to identify you.

Even on forms in America, there is a difference between native born black Americans and black of african or carribean descent.

Different forms serve different purpose. It was exactly like that on the last census form. That’s simply for the purpose of knowing ancestry and racial breakdown of the population. Of course I chose Nigerian on the census form. Outside of that, whether you are applying to college (except as an international student), for mortgage loan, for car financing, for anything. All they ask you in the options is whether you are African American/Black, White, Asia, Native American. No one asks you whether you are a Ghanaian, Cameroonian. Caribbean , Togolese. All you got to do is just pick one of the options that applies to you regardless of the country you are from (African American/Black). Every black person is an African American in the face of the law. But within ourselves, it’s a different ballgame.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
Oh my goodness are you dumb. Have you stepped a foot in america. Native Americans are not black Americans. Native Americans are the red indians. This is their land. I’m really shocked at how stupid that answer was. Have you seen a red indian before? Common dude huge difference between black Americans and native Americans. Please google pictures of a Native American. Pls don’t say that in America ppl will look at you like your crazy
You don't have to shout on him because judging by the context he put it, I believe he is simply trying to differentiate between original black Americans that their ancestors migrated several years ago and you an Americanna that landed in the US few years ago.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
falopey:

Different forms serve different purpose. It was exactly like that on the last census form. That’s simply for the purpose of knowing ancestry and racial breakdown of the population. Outside of that, whether you are applying to college (except as an international student), for mortgage loan, for car financing, for anything. All they ask you is in the options is whether you are African American/Black, White, Asia, Native American. No one asks you whether you are a Ghanaian, Cameroonian. Caribbean , Togolese. All you got to do is just pick one of the options that applies to you regardless of the country you are from (African American/Black). Every black person is an African American in the face of the law

African American or Black is another form for, are you of African or carribean descent Or African American from America.

There even Two or more races for multiracial people.

According to the police you are african American that is if you don't have a foreign accent then they see your surname and start asking questions but most Africans identity with their origin.

Nigerian American, Kenyan American etc
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by favinvest: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
i dont care as far they will allow legal immigration.. grin grin grin
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by gwariman007: 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2020
This is how conspiracy theory take dey start oooo
No rationale human expected Trump to win, not with the way he dismissed Covid 19 as China Virus or Hoax by democrats.
Anyways, our own problem here pass America own. 10 litres is now N1700.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Jdbrasco2: 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
And so what! Blacks have been running black dominated cities for over a century and it was filled with crime and joblessness until Trump came along and started helping out. Its just pandering nothing will change. Remember black Obama did nothing for them. Meanwhile biden is wasting his time cos the election is not over. Trump will be reelected
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by falopey: 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

African American or Black is another form for, are you of African or carribean descent Or African American

When every black person regardless of origin picks “African American/Black” on whatever form regardless of who they are. Now tell me, how are the ones not actually African Americans going to be treated differently since they are all put in the same basket?

We are not talking about how African identity themselves but how the law and government identify all blacks as African Americans
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
Go do research dude there’s no such thing as original black Americans .... America belonged to the native Americans . Omg you claim to know so much about America but you don’t even know the simplest history

Tell that to MLK and men of civil rights movement that fought for the rights you enjoy or should I say abuse today, madam Amerikanna.

I've met an old black American man who once used the phrase "I ain't no African American, I'm black".

FYI, nowhere in my writeup have I taken the rights that belong to native Americans who are red Indians and given it to black Americans. Stop quoting me out of context. Read and peruse.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
favinvest:
i dont care as far they will allow legal immigration.. grin grin grin

There is always legal immigration but you gat to meet requirements
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

She didn't grow up around Africa americans.

Her parent divorced when she was young. She lived with her indian mother, kamala harris is Hindus and practice Hinduism.

She is 50 something, never given birth and married to a divorcee.

Why are people always talking what they don't know? She had the full black experience! Much more than Obama ever did. She herself said her mum was fully aware she was raising two black American girls. She was even bused - see below.
(The video won't upload. She was telling Biden durring the debate she was one of the girls being bussed to help desegregate schools while he was opposing bussing in the 70's)
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
falopey:

When every black person regardless of origin picks “African American/Black” on whatever form regardless of who they are. Now tell me, how are the ones not actually African Americans going to be treated differently since they are all put in the same basket?

We are not talking about how African identity themselves but how the law and government identify all blacks as African Americans

The law and government know if you are African American, Caribbean or African.

Your surname and info and how you decide to be called.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 / Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action / Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.