Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,528 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" (37855 Views)

Picture Of Joe Biden And A Group Of Women / Inauguration Of Joe Biden As US President (Live Video) / Biography & Profile Of Joe Biden, US President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by MusaChukwudi: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Kamala Harris was never raised in a black neighborhood.

Her parents were college professors.

Her hindu Mum divorced dad when she was very young.

Indian mum lived in white neighborhood training up her children in Indian ways.

How is she now black?

Her real name is Kamala Devi Harris

She is only black for politics to get black votes

She went to HOWARD UNIVERSITY a well known high profile black institution. And her parents participated in civil rights fight?

Is she black or Indian in character and outlook?

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
it doesn't mean anything

The more they try to create diversity instead of merit, the more disaster they create.

The more they try to please everyone, the more they please no one and create lot of conflict.

Diversity is a scam.
Diversity is no scam. I am a beneficiary of diversity programs at my work and through school.. I graduated with a 85% average, got diversity based scholarship that also helped with school fees and first job after graduation paid $83,000 per year. Now my family in Nigeria are also benefitting from it. I will keep supporting any programs or administration that supports diversity programs.

This world is not made for privileged white people alone.

5 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

She attended Howard University, a prominent historically Black university, and is a proud member of the all-Black sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha.

Her dad is black, but a Nigerian negro thinks she can't claim her blackness grin

I am not a Nigerian negro and i am not a negro.

Her dad is black doesn't mean she is black, the culture she was trained in matters alot.

Her mum is Hindu and trained her as a hindu.

Her blackness matters only when there is election to seek the black vote.

Harris attended schools with majority-White populations from elementary school through high school.

After graduation from Howard she went back to California to her white space.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

She went to HOWARD UNIVERSITY a well known high profile black institution. And her parents participated in civil rights fight?

Is she black or Indian in character and outlook?

Her parent didnt participate in any civil right.

Her father was a professor in Stanford and her mum a researcher in UC

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by MusaChukwudi: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

I am not a Nigerian negro and i am not a negro.

Her dad is black doesn't mean she is black, the culture she was trained in matters alot.

Her mum is Hindu and trained her as a hindu.

Her blackness matters only when there is election to seek the black vote.

Harris attended schools with majority-White populations from elementary school through high school.

After graduation from Howard she went back to California to her white space.

You did not mention Howard University before now.......

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Lol.
One of my professor was a student at Urbana Champaign during the MLK era and actively participated in the civil right movements. What has been a professor got to do with civil rights?

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

Diversity is no scam. I am a beneficiary of diversity programs at my work and through school.. I graduated with a 85% average, got diversity based scholarship that also helped with school fees and first job after graduation paid $83,000 per year. Now my family in Nigeria are also benefitting from it. I will keep supporting any programs or administration that supports diversity programs.

In another word, you were given scholarship based on affirmative action but not on merit.

The reason of there is a diversity scholarship is to allow minorities who can't compete with white on the same level get into specific schools.

Are you trying to tell us that if you were paired with whites, you wont be able to compete with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

Lol.
One of my professor was a student at Urbana Champaign during the MLK era and actively participated in the civil right movements. What has been a professor got to do with civil rights?

Is one of your professors Kamala Harris father?
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Is one of your professors Kamala Harris father?
Well I am just hearing for the first time that her dad did not participate in the Civil right movement. Where did you get this your information that he did it participate from, or did you pull it out of your a55?

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by sammysmiles(m): 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

You people don't realise how wrong you are. Kamala Harris is FULLY a black American woman and had the full experience. Unlike someone like Obama. Even her mum identified with blacks and was fully aware she was raising two black American girls!
Is like you don't know those democrats...
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

In another word, you were given scholarship based on affirmative action but not on merit.

The reason of there is a diversity scholarship is to allow minorities who can't compete with white on the same level get into specific schools.

Are you trying to tell us that if you were paired with whites, you wont be able to compete with them
You conveniently skipped my average 85% score right?

I graduated top of my class too beating all the white students.

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

This is laughable. And stop reading trash carved by political journalists

An Indian considered black in America grin grin

Where is that one possible.

Indians will identify as blacks, you must be joking.

Kamala Harris mum is the fair hindu Indian from the Brahmins cast.

If u don't know a society or country stop arguing about it.
Kamala had the full black experience unlike Obama. Watch the below and stop arguing nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-XF5QDBaug

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
sammysmiles:
Is like you don't know those democrats...

Watch the above

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Kamala had the full black experience unlike Obama. Watch the below and stop arguing nonsense.

I like how he argues with confidence despite being wrong grin

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by eeetuk(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2020
Color defines American ways of life.

Vice president elect Kamala Harris was described as person of color from get go. And news organizations never let go.

When you fill job applications, you have to indicate your skin's color .

When you make an appointment to see a doctor, you to select your skin color.

Mexico and Spanish people don't want to vote for Democrats for fear of being described as persons of color. That is why Democrats keep losing presidential elections because of color games.

Personally, I feel uncomfortable when I have to fill form and describe myself as a person of color.

And thank God Nigeria does have this color culture in our life.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

You conveniently skipped my average 85% score right?

I graduated top of my class too beating all the white students.

85% should be around 3.0 gpa. That is fair result result, i am sure someone got 4.0 gpa.

Why did you have to take a diversity scholarship, if you were so smart.

You of all people know that a diversity scholarship reduces the requirement needed for minorities when gaining admission into a school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

Kudos to u. Don't mind that guy. He is arguing America using a Nigerian mindset

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

85% should be around 3.0 gpa. That is fair result result, i am sure someone got 4.0 gpa.

Why did you have to take a diversity scholarship, if you were so smart.

You of all people know that a diversity scholarship reduces the requirement needed when gaining admission into a school
LMAO.
That is a distinction bros.

I don't know how you arrived at 3.0

85 average means you were scoring circa 85% in all your courses averaged together.

Diversity scholarship helps to pay school fees not to gain admission. You have a lot of things mixed up in your head.

Apparently, in Nigeria if you score a 70%, you get an A grade which places you in first class. In my school, a 70% is a B grade. If you score below 60%. That is a failing grade. No time for mediocre students.

3 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Yeah full black experience in an Indian home

If you want the full black experience, go to the projects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
eeetuk:
Color defines American ways of life.

Vice president elect Kamala Harris was described as person of color from get go. And news organizations never let go.

When you fill job applications, you have to indicate your skin's color .

When you make an appointment to see a doctor, you to select your skin color.

Mexico and Spanish people don't want to vote for Democrats for fear of being described as persons of color. That is why Democrats keep losing presidential elections because of color games.

Personally, I feel uncomfortable when I have to fill form and describe myself as a person of color.

And thank God Nigeria does have this color culture in our life.

Another person saying what he doesn't know. Oga, how long are/were you in US?

4 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

LMAO.
That is a distinction bros.

I don't know how you arrived at 3.0

85 average means you were scoring circa 85% in all your course averaged together.

Diversity scholarship helps to pay school fees not to gain admission. You have a lot of things mixed up in your head.

Apparently, in Nigeria if you score a 70, you get an A grade which places you in first class. In my school, a 70 is a B.

85% is 3.0 gpa in american universities

Getting a diversity scholarship, you have to meet a certain requirements which when compared to white students in the same university is not the same.

A real test of intelligence is getting admitted to a university or program on the same rules as others.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Yeah full black experience in an Indian home

If you want the full black experience, go to the projects

Stop being stubbornly ignorant. Once again if you don't know a country/society well, don't argue about it. Kamala is fully black, went to black schoos until bussing, attended black church, had black boyfriends, etc. If u only know. She is 100% black American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OvDB_wavI

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Stop being stubbornly ignorant. Once again if you don't know a country/society well, don't argue about it. Kamala is fully black, went to black schoos until bussing, attended black church, had black boyfriends, etc. If u only know. She is 100% black American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OvDB_wavI

She is not black. She is only black during elections

Because she went to black churches when young does that means she is black.

Kamala Harris never went to black schools except howard university.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by eeetuk(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
"Another person saying what he doesn't know. Oga, how long are/were you in US?"--politeactivist.

I have been here long enough to know describing people based on their skin colors is evil .

We all have names. Please call us by our names
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

85% is 3.0 gpa in american universities

Getting a diversity scholarship, you have to meet a certain requirements which when compared to white students in the same university is not the same.

A real test of intelligence is getting admitted to a university or program on the same rules as others.
I guess you are copying off Wikipedia. To you in Nigeria, all way is one way traffic.
So all schools in America uses a 4 point scale just like all schools in Nigeria uses 5 point scale?

Take a look at pictures below:

1st picture: my last semester average I.e. what you guys call GPA for one semester.. You can us a calculator to work out the average.

2nd picture: overall weighted average, what you guys called CGPA in Nigeria.

3rd picture: My graduation with distinction aka first class. In Nigeria, your first class starts at 70%. In my school, first class starts at 85%.

The. You have a great diinstinction when you score above 90% weighted average.

Tbh, You talk about what you know nothing about, so I will let you continue swimming in your pool of ignorance.

Oh diversity scholarship means you are paired against your fellow minorities e.g. Chinese, Indians, blacks e.t.c the best of the minorities get the scholarship. Nothing to do with whites.

Admission is a different beast entirely but you also know nothing about that. Affirmative action doesn't mean dull students as you were made to believe from white supremacists websites. The Chinese, Indians and Africans (Nigerians and Ghanaians) who also mostly get into top school through affirmative action would still be topping the class irrespective anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

She is not black. She is only black during elections

Because she went to black churches when young does that means she is black.

Kamala Harris never went to black schools except howard university.

You don't realise how ignorant you'd sound to an American. Even some "whites" are considered black how much more a typical black woman. See below, I have no more time for this childish talk

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

she is not ethnically black american...

she is not black american...

her father is jamaican her mother is indian....

she is jamaican-indian with U.S citizenship disguising as black american indigene with the help of the d:ems.

Her CULTURE, HER EXPERIENCE, is black American! Just as a child born and raised in US to 9ja parents is black American in outlook, culture, and experience. If he's raised in the projects or very wealthy he'd be a typical black American of that class!

3 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Her CULTURE, HER EXPERIENCE, is black American! Just as a child born and raised in US to 9ja parents is black American in outlook, culture, and experience. If he's raised in the projects or very wealthy he'd be a typical black American of that class!
Absolutely correct. You can't reduce people's blackness because they have mixed parentage or because they did not grow up in the hood or projects.

It's like saying J. cole or Nipsey hussle are not black American lol. Same as Kanye West who had a privileged upbringing.

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

I guess you are copying off Wikipedia. To you in Nigeria, all way is one way traffic.
So all schools in America uses a 4 point scale just like all schools in Nigeria uses 5 point scale?

Take a look at pictures below:

1st picture: my last semester average I.e. what you guys call GPA for one semester.. You can us a calculator to work out the average.

2nd picture: overall weighted average, what you guys called CGPA in Nigeria.

3rd picture: My graduation with distinction aka first class. In Nigeria, your first class starts at 70%. In my school, first class starts at 85%.

The. You have a great diinstinction when you score above 90% weighted average.

Tbh, You talk about what you know nothing about, so I will let you continue swimming in your pool of ignorance.

Oh diversity scholarship means you are paired against your fellow minorities e.g. Chinese, Indians, blacks e.t.c the best of the minorities get the scholarship. Nothing to do with whites.

Admission is a different beast entirely but you also know nothing about that. Affirmative action doesn't mean dull students as you were made to believe from white supremacists websites. The Chinese, Indians and Africans (Nigerians and Ghanaians) who also mostly get into top school through affirmative action would still be topping the class irrespective anyway.

Lets get the facts right

Are you in America or Canada?
If you are in canada, different provinces have their rules

In canada, a 85% is distinction, in America 85% is 3.0

Different systems.

Why do you think i got the idea of affirmative action from white supremacists websites?

Yeah affirmative action doesn't neccesarily mean dull but it also means reducing the requirement for admission for blacks to get into very competitive universities.

A black student could be in the top of his class in a predominantly black school but when that top student is put with white and Asians who got admitted by merit, the black student might just be average.

There are lot of research on the internet about the dangers of affirmative action on black kids.

One research shows that black students on affirmative action have a high chance to drop out than other groups who got admitted on merit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

salford:

Lol.

Stop arguing with that guy.
That's exactly how her parents met - civil rights!
They were both attending black students meeting planning civil rights demonstrations. THAT'S HOW THEY MET!

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Stop arguing with that guy.
That's exactly how her parents met - civil rights!
They were both attending black students meeting planning civil rights demonstrations. THAT'S HOW THEY MET!
I stopped arguing with him. He keeps going round in circles. He is stubborn and would keep going at it. It's easy to sit down in Nigeria and argue about an experience that he or she has never been part of. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Stabbing Attempt On Assimi Goita, Mali's Interim President / Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action / Government Agrees To Arrest Putin If He Attends BRICS Summit In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.