Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

*inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi (5843 Views)

Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship / Emmanuel Nworie The First Class Mathematician About To Be Stolen By Canada.. / Inside The First-Class Schools Children Of Akwa Ibom Elite Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by clockwisereport: 7:18am On Nov 17, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

A first class maths graduate is a peasant farmer and you think it is not his fault.

What was he expecting ?

Nobody owes him anything in this life.

He should apply his knowledge or heap as many ridges as he's physically capable of.

When people talk about other climes, they forget that the people are practical.

If he likes, let him not devise a means of translating his mathematical prowess into economic use.

God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by femi4: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2020
Golan007:

Something is either wrong with his thought process, interpersonal behaviour or ego.

He had classmates, many whom are in the cities, towns, some are wealthy today, out of the country or lecturers.

Private universities would take him as a lecturer, polytechnics would employ him, his alumni should have found him a role...unless...

I refuse to accept this story.
When you isolated yourself and refused help like Rashidi Yekini, that's where they always find themselves

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Golan007: 8:30am On Nov 17, 2020
Samakus:

Very inconsiderate comment from the fellow. Those that haven't witnessed a situation of helplessness will always think that they're too smart or hardworking

Shatap.

A first class mathematician that works as a peasant farmer needs introspection.

His decisions outside of his notebooks are suspect.

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Coldie(m): 8:44am On Nov 17, 2020
Theres nothing wrong with farming.

Do not despise his little beginning

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by LagosAirport: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
One of the hazards of being born in a third world
I swear it's truly a hazard
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by EmmySparky(m): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2020
Ebonyi and those big ridges...lol...Naija kill dreams daily

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Gerrard59(m): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2020
Coldie:
Theres nothing wrong with farming.

Do not despise his little beginning

There's everything wrong with farming with prehistoric tools. That's not how farmers in South Africa, Kenya or Israel farm. You people are just so used to suffering and smiling, nothing else. Bunch of riff-raffs who support demonic politicians.

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Coldie(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

There's everything wrong with farming with prehistoric tools. That's not how farmers in South Africa, Kenya or Israel farm. You people are just so used to suffering and smiling, nothing else. Bunch of riff-raffs who support demonic politicians.
Thats where the guys thinking stops if not he has the ability to advance his farming he is just the one that doesn't have the intellect to

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by fuckpro: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2020
This guy is a billionaire only he doesn't know what he has

There are fields were just six months training and he can pick any were in the world to work

Ignorance is indeed a disease

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by MirthOsas(m): 10:29am On Nov 17, 2020
fuckpro:

There are fields were just six months training and he can pick any were in the world to work

Mention the fields...
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by fuckpro: 10:34am On Nov 17, 2020
MirthOsas:

Mention the fields...

Unfortunately I can't give out such info in a public forum

The herd mentality in Nigerians is frightening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by GodWrites: 10:36am On Nov 17, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Someone that was being 400 USD a year to teach. Where's he gonna get the laptop or the electricity to do that? His house isn't connected to the national grid.

The greatest crime that can befall anyone is to be born in third world African shitholes. Seriously it's a crime to be born a Nigerian. The country has absolutely no opportunities for its young people. Brilliant people are all wasting away. What a country.

I wish this post can make front page. Maybe we'll meaning Nigerians can contribute for him to take the necessary exams for a scholarship. The outside world needs this guy.

You hit the nail on the head. A major challenge for people who wish to go digital here in Nigeria is lack of electricity, and the expensive nature of laptops.
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by MirthOsas(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2020
fuckpro:

Unfortunately I can't give out such info in a public forum

The herd mentality in Nigerians is frightening
Can I send you a private message?
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by WhatCanIsay(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

A first class maths graduate is a peasant farmer and you think it is not his fault.

What was he expecting ?

Nobody owes him anything in this life.

He should apply his knowledge or heap as many ridges as he's physically capable of.

When people talk about other climes, they forget that the people are practical.

If he likes, let him not devise a means of translating his mathematical prowess into economic use.

A reasonable government in any developing country ought to employ such brains. That's how developed countries got to the level in which they are today. But we are cursed with unreasonable government.

Tomorrow that guy will leave this country... And when he speaks from whichever country he finds himself, people like you would also blame him for leaving this shithole.
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Golan007: 10:51am On Nov 17, 2020
WhatCanIsay:

A reasonable government in any developing country ought to employ such brains. That's how developed countries got to the level in which they are today. But we are cursed with unreasonable government.

Tomorrow that guy will leave this country... And when he speaks from whichever country he finds himself, people like you would also blame him for leaving this shithole.

Who told you that's what happens elsewhere?

grin

I don't know why many Nigerians like to lie to themselves.

It is not government's job to employ but that of private enterprise.

Even his own alumni couldn't give him a role.
grin
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Golan007: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2020
fuckpro:

I quite agree with you.

This is why I state that the guy should check himself first.
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2020
Golan007:

grin

grin

I never knew creating job is not part of reasons why we have government. Can you mention a government on this earth that doesn't employ? I believe the only function of government is to steal money as our present government is doing.

Some Nigerians are really funny.

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Notatribalist(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2020
niyidenrele:
*Inside the world of first-class mathematician languishing on Ebonyi farmland*

In some countries, Emmanuel Nworie, a first-class mathematics graduate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, would have used his knowledge to advance the prospects of his country, either in an academic environment or information technology sector. But the genius is wasting away on a farmland in Ebonyi state.

Had it been mechanised farming, Nworie would have, no doubt, made use of his skill effectively. But in a modern age, the scholar relies on hoe and cutlass for subsistence farming. The life journey of Nworie, who graduated with a cumulative grade point average of 4.92/5.00, is chronicled in an article shared by Michael Taiwo, a US-based Nigerian and sponsor of MT Scholarships.

Nworie had applied for the second edition of the scholarship which provides support for payment of graduate school application fees and TOEFL, GRE/GMAT — examinations required by candidates seeking admissions abroad.

According to the article, the 27-year-old lost his father to diabetes and hypertension when he was in secondary school, and since his father’s demise in 2005, life has been challenging, making it difficult for him to proceed with his education.

“He took a job teaching Mathematics to grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 at the secondary school he finished from where he had the honor of being awarded the Best Mathematics Olympiad teacher in the State. His salary was $33.33 per month,” the article reads.

“Emmanuel lives with his mom and seven siblings in a house that is not hooked to the electric grid, doesn’t have indoor plumbing, has no address, and you need to walk a mile from it to get cellular coverage. Widowed, his mom took to cultivating cassava on the land their dad left behind. She also farms other people’s lands for a return of some of the harvest. It’s the type of arrangement only people without options take.”

Taiwo narrated how Nworie saved some part of his $400 (N185,000) per year teaching job to obtain education in a polytechnic where he studied statistics.

During his one-year internship after his polytechnic studies, he took other teaching jobs and saved more money till he was able to fund his university education.

Eight years after leaving secondary school, he gained admission to the department of mathematics, faculty of physical sciences at UNN.

In his final year, he won the gold medal in the university category of the 2018 national mathematics competition. After completing his one-year mandatory national service as a teacher in a secondary school in Enugu state, Nworie was retained to teach Advanced Mathematics at the school for $77.46 (N35,000) per month.

But as the coronavirus pandemic led to the shutdown of schools and businesses, the UNN graduate was forced to return to Ebonyi where he engaged in cassava planting alongside his mother.

When the lockdown was relaxed, Nworie returned to the city to teach. It was during the period that he learnt about the MT Scholarships and decided to apply.

Taiwo quoted him as saying it would take up to seven years to save for US graduate application fees.

“If the restrictions were still in place, there is no way I would have known about this from my house in Ebonyi. I have calculated that it would take me 6 to 7 years to save for this,” he said.

The cost of applying to US graduate schools is estimated to be $1000
“And punished for what exactly? For the “crime” of being born at the wrong place at the wrong time. There was a time in Nigeria a prodigy like him would have been calling the shots, regardless of his family circumstances,” the article reads.

“In many other parts of the world today, he would be pushing the boundaries of science, adding to the commonwealth of knowledge, exploring what is possible, preaching the beauty of Math. But alas, he was born poor in Nigeria
Ah,don't you know it's better in this present day Nigeria to participate in Bbn than to be a first class mathematician? Tell him to pick the form o,this is the Nigeria we found ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by meobizy(f): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2020
If he really is that smart then he should think himself out of poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by 9japride(m): 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
fuckpro:

[color=#006600][/color]

You are right. That guy is a millionaire in making, if he utilize he's knowledge into data science profession he's made. Going to university is not only to read book but also know whats happening and very important to mingle too with the right people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by incroyable(f): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2020
This is so disheartening
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ebonyi State Government will not see this guy now but if somebody/persons wins BBNaija without brain that is when the State Government will give him/her heroic welcome in the state and making Senior Special Assistance with mouth watering cash.

I believe this guy wins laurel for both his Local and State Govt. Ebonyi State Government should intervene on how this guy will further his education.
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Vicdgreat556(m): 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
PlayerMeji:
While Buhari trekker just got a car and 2 million naira simply for trekking politically...

Wisdom will not kill u jare

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
If you're this smart and your are lamenting then you're not applying yourself as a mathematician do you know whatyour potential is? You are waiting for Government to come and do what exactly? No one owes you shit. Y
And if naija tire since your are smart apply for scholarship and japa or you just concentrate on being a farmer. What a dumb ass mathematician mtchew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Golan007: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
Notatribalist:
Ah,don't you know it's better in this present day Nigeria to participate in Bbn than to be a first class mathematician? Tell him to pick the form o,this is the Nigeria we found ourselves.

At least you acknowledge the fact that the BBN participants picked the form before any recognition.

Let Mr. FirstClass Farmer continue tilling the soil until someone picks a form for him.
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
Golan007:

grin

grin
People are so delusional in this country. Everything na government. A mathematician cannot figure a way to cash out na mathematician be that? Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Notatribalist(m): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2020
Golan007:

At least you acknowledge the fact that the BBN participants picked the form before any recognition.

Let Mr. FirstClass Farmer continue tilling the soil until someone picks a form for him.
See this one.
Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Golan007: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2020
TheManhattan:

People are so delusional in this country. Everything na government. A mathematician cannot figure a way to cash out na mathematician be that? Nonsense

It's a real pity.

I really don't know how Nigerians became so pedestrian in their thinking.

Is it the churches, our educational institutions, culture?

Are we as a people opposed to deep and critical thinking?

Is it that we engage in less cerebral thoughts day in day out?

Do we realise private enterprise is the launchpad for most societies we envy?

How can a first class mathematician not know how to apply his knowledge even to the farming he undertakes?

What kind of first class mathematician in this 21st century is unable to program sef?

Electricity or lack thereof isn't his bane.

His problem is found within himself.

1 Like

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Golan007: 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
Notatribalist:
See this one.

Look here.

I dislike BBN and I can tell you I've never watched it, certainly not on purpose.

I definitely did not see this or last years iteration but what I hate is a primitive mind complaining about his inabitly in this information age.

Mr. FirstClass may be special in his neck of the woods, but I tell you, he would find himself outside Nigeria and he would still struggle.

He would find kids without a first degree already making mathematical models he hasn't even come across, talkless of other scholars who have been embedded in research and application since their first year of college.

If he could program, he would have been doing that already, rather than heaping mountainous ridges in Ezza North local government.

2 Likes

Re: *inside The World Of First-class Mathematician Languishing On Ebonyi Farmland(pi by Notatribalist(m): 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2020
Golan007:

Look here.

I dislike BBN and I can tell you I've never watched it, certainly not on purpose.

I definitely did not see this or last years iteration but what I hate is a primitive mind complaining about this inabitly in this information age.

Mr. FirstClass may be special in his neck of the woods, but I tell you, he would find himself outside Nigeria and he would still struggle.

He would find kids without a first degree already making mathematical models he hasn't even come across, talkless of other scholars who have been embedded in research and application since their first year of college.

If he could program, he would have been doing that already rather than heaping mountainous ridges in Ezza North local government.

Nice point bro,now I understand.The guy really need to use his brain. He can even learn programming and build many projects.In this information age almost everything you want to succeed can be found online

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do Accounting Students Wear To School? / A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life / Is This Sex Education Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.