Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG (590 Views)

Femi Otedola Visits ‘Dangote Wonderland’ Second Time in One Month (Photo) / DSTV Boss, Adewumi Ogunsanya, Sen. Obiorah Entangled In Billion Naira Property A / How Google Is Empowering Tech Developers In Africa Through New Mentorship Progra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone.

From the header above, it's no surprise what the content of this thread would be.

The said individual (Pic Attached) contacted me and my budding platform to build an application for him in which we discussed terms, pricing and other fine details. To buttress the point, an invoice was issued with the features boldly stated and other information included.(Would share this later). It was agreed that these features would be the basis of performance. A part payment was made which although was lower than what we wanted as a mobilization however we didn't see that as a haggle so we started off.

As we progressed, he came up with alternative add-ons to the platform of which i always noted that were beyond scope and he still pressed on till such was then altered to be included into the production. As a result of making such adjustments, the team noticed that these new features would cause it to be very unstable and we then had to go with the base agreement earlier on.

After these were built and even deployed on Playstore: ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.universalweblinks.casm&hl=en_IN) he kept on complaining, attempting to wind us up on any slightest thing and we made all these done even till the point that he started complaining of the server he bought himself and it became apparent that he had other things in play.

Now that the man has been unresponsive, ignoring calls and the lot even to the extent of still posting on whatsapp status memes etc while he has an outstanding N60,000 to be paid yet seems unperturbed to settle his debts.

People like this give doing business with Nigerians based on Trust and good will a bad name and he has to be brought to book an accountability so this doesn't flow to other people everywhere.

Below are the features of the app agreed.

Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by Joevics(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2020
LordBaelish:
Hello everyone.

From the header above, it's no surprise what the content of this thread would be.

The said individual (Pic Attached) contacted me and my budding platform to build an application for him in which we discussed terms, pricing and other fine details. To buttress the point, an invoice was issued with the features boldly stated and other information included.(Would share this later). It was agreed that these features would be the basis of performance. A part payment was made which although was lower than what we wanted as a mobilization however we didn't see that as a haggle so we started off.

As we progressed, he came up with alternative add-ons to the platform of which i always noted that were beyond scope and he still pressed on till such was then altered to be included into the production. As a result of making such adjustments, the team noticed that these new features would cause it to be very unstable and we then had to go with the base agreement earlier on.

After these were built and even deployed on Playstore: ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.universalweblinks.casm&hl=en_IN) he kept on complaining, attempting to wind us up on any slightest thing and we made all these done even till the point that he started complaining of the server he bought himself and it became apparent that he had other things in play.

Now that the man has been unresponsive, ignoring calls and the lot even to the extent of still posting on whatsapp status memes etc while he has an outstanding N60,000 to be paid yet seems unperturbed to settle his debts.

People like this give doing business with Nigerians based on Trust and good will a bad name and he has to be brought to book an accountability so this doesn't flow to other people everywhere.

How much did you build that app?
Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by ActiveFx: 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
This doesn't deserve putting him and his baby picture here.
Or was posting your client's name and pictures online part of the agreement?
So unprofessional of you.

1 Like

Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by samsard(m): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
Posting his picture with, especially with the baby is very unprofessional.
Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Joevics:

How much did you build that app?
Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2020
ActiveFx:

Modified:

I'll not want to argue but for the sake of the general discussion, Kindly advise on how to recover the money? I don't think one has to get law enforcement hunting someone for this so the fact that i have brought this issue here should show the amount of frustration regarding payments

Also, PS: The Pic was a DP and has been removed after recognizing the contents of the image.

For the record, I do not need this money, it does nothing significant to my balance but the idea of people trying to seem smart due to someone behaving properly is what i won't stand for. That is why we have the Nigeria we have today. No accountabilty
Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
ActiveFx:

This is the same person saying that the app built wasn't according to spec.

Someone who even failed to renew the domain name of his application and decided to port away

Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
Funny thing is the said platform built is rated poorly on Google pagespeed.

Usually I allow such people to find their Waterloo by themselves but people deserve to be called out so they don't push their luck everywhere else

Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2020
samsard:
Posting his picture with, especially with the baby is very unprofessional.

No argument from me.

Here's the said persons response

Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LikeAking: 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
mng
Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
LikeAking:
Rubbish

Meaning?
Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 7:22am On Nov 30, 2020
You can see from this that his intention was never to conclude but to build halfway and abandon the project neglecting the fact that he bought the cheapest hosting plan against recommendations and still wanted an OLX for it

Re: Justin Emeka Obiorah Is An Example Why Tech Developers Have A Tough Time In NG by LordBaelish: 7:24am On Nov 30, 2020
Meanwhile... Here is what was stated previously.

So an app was built, backend, you got the APK, tested and then uploaded to play store before you said you didn't want the app.

This is for record purposes, Emeka Justin Obiorah, you're a cunning and a very dishonest person who for anyone seeing this I very much do not recommend doing business with.

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Invest IDLE #5m Into / Sellers Of 25 KOBO / From ‘urgent’ ₦30k To $50m: How Hanu Fejiro Abodje Built Patricia From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.