Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) (41758 Views)

Customs Officials Clash With Asara, Sokoto, 4 Killed, Vehicles Set Ablaze / Lockdown: Angry Residents Beat Delta State Taskforce Officials, Today / Okada Riders And Police Clash In Lagos, Three Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by DexterousOne(m): 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2020
Cantonese:

See we like the very fast life in Nigeria irrespective of the resultant costs in human lives and resources. Government truthfully has failed in the transportation sector, especially with the advantage given to the private sector with the entry of danfos into Lagos since the 1970s. Transportation should be largely run by government.

But for how long can we keep living like this? These Okadas people have been complete nuisances in those areas over the years. Do not forget that armed robbery, kidnapping and needless harm have been done to many Lagosians living within those areas. It is very painful getting to those areas and government has to deal with that menace.

The Okadas there have become lords on their own and supported by certain residents of those areas, have made life very difficult. What do they want on Oshodi-Apapa expressway? Go all over Lagos now and see what Okadas have been doing in the last two weeks after the endsars protest. It is only proper for government to address the situation.

I bet you that when all things are resolved, the police will get back more terrible than they were before endsars.

Did this man just say that transport should be largely run by the government?
My goodness shocked
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by Cantonese: 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
DexterousOne:

Did this man just say that transport should be largely run by the government?
My goodness shocked

Yes my bro that is what I said. Please discuss your disagreement.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
uptimum123:

They should go back to their state to ride okada if they can't find any other job to do

The thing is sooner or later, Lagos State Government will ban okada totally in Lagos.

There's no two ways to this

Mumu talk.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by Mrpojj(m): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ndlistic:
Commercial motorcyclists popularly known as Okada riders on Tuesday November 17, clashed with officials of the Lagos Task force officers at Second Rainbow along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.

The clash reportedly occurred after the task force officials arrived the scene to arrest Okada riders and seize their bikes. The confrontation was met with stiff opposition which degenerated to chaos in the area.

This has led to traffic on the express en route Mile 2, as the motorcyclists have created bonfires on the express. Residents have been advised to avoid this route pending when normalcy will return to the area.

Watch The Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcxbjrcFu-c
No job, yet u pple will not allow okada pple rest
You disturb okada
Disturb taxi
Disturb kekenapep
No body jokes with his source of livelihood
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by pellyroger: 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nigerian government don push everybody near wall
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by DexterousOne(m): 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Cantonese:

Yes my bro that is what I said. Please discuss your disagreement.

As for regulations
I believe the govt has a big role to play

But when it comes to operations
The govt better not be a major Player

Probably PPP at best
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by uptimum123(m): 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
udemzyudex:

Mumu talk.

Until we send you yourself back to your potopoto republic...na den ur eye go clear

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by murmee: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
leisuretym:
Shoot the miscreants, after their states banned okada they put their okada in the trailers come to Lagos and start causing trouble! If you want to burn tyres on the road go to your states , They are the one burning properties during endsars protest and they have started again , destroy all shanties! They should go back to Niger Republic, chad and Mali where they came from
I totally agree with you. A lot of people defending these okada riders don't realize that most of these riders are not Nigerians.
They engage in all kinds of criminal activities because they know that people will think they are from the Northern part of Nigeria and therefore untouchable.
The Lagos state Government needs to strategize seriously on enforcing the Okada traffic laws.
The whole of Lagos state is now being defaced by thousands of Okada riders.
This definitely does not befit the status of Lagos!
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by murmee: 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
solastan:
98% of okada, tricycles riders at Second Rainbow in Lagos are from a particular region in Nigeria. If you know ,you know
That is the truth and it appears that Lagos state lacks the capacity to deal with them!
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by Cantonese: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
DexterousOne:

As for regulations
I believe the govt has a big role to play

But when it comes to operations
The govt better not be a major Player

Probably PPP at best

Thank you for your response.

If you take a look at transport operations in most developed countries you"ll find that their governments largely operate it. So was the case in Nigeria, especially Lagos up till the 1970s when the military governments allowed the private sector enter into it. Transportation was well organised and largely served the people of Lagos, except for the fact that corruption in LMTS (LSTC) cost Lagos a lot. With the advent of the Kia Kia buses then, chaos entered the system.

As society develops there is an expectation that government stays ahead to meet the needs of the people. Government fails to fix faulty buses and if they do so it only happens when the buses are nearly written off. Government has failed to provide adequate buses because one oga or the other inflates the cost. Transport is largely the business of government. Lagos has been on that construction of rail lines since 2008 and yet there is no hope in sight. With rail lines life is easier for the people. Same as water transportation.

PPP would actually work if proper agreements and structures are put in place. Ambode could have done a better job than Sanwo Only. Corrupt government officials are the only reason I see why government may not be part of the daily operations.

Again is the fact that government must strive to protect public property. This endsars witnessed the destruction of 84 buses.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by murmee: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
majamajic:

I bet u don't know anything about the area , okada riders in that area are not from east , that's 98% are not from east , mind how u talk

They are from North , Mali , Chad and Niger republic
And to think that they have the guts to set up fires in Nigeria is the heights of impunity!
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by murmee: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
udemzyudex:

If you seize their Okada, which job do you have for them? Of course they know it is risky but it is better than stealing.

Stop talking about alternative jobs. Who invited them to Lagos in the first place. Please talk about sending those unruly criminals back to wherever they come from!
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by murmee: 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
uptimum123:

They should go back to their state to ride okada if they can't find any other job to do

The thing is sooner or later, Lagos State Government will ban okada totally in Lagos.

There's no two ways to this
I second. Okada should be totally banned in Lagos. It is the only way to sanitize the state!
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by leisuretym: 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
murmee:
I totally agree with you. A lot of people defending these okada riders don't realize that most of these riders are not Nigerians.
They engage in all kinds of criminal activities because they know that people will think they are from the Northern part of Nigeria and therefore untouchable.
The Lagos state Government needs to strategize seriously on enforcing the Okada traffic laws.
The whole of Lagos state is now being defaced by thousands of Okada riders.
This definitely does not befit the status of Lagos!
if we reveal more, they will say its fake news, but i will keep my peace, ask them their LGA and they will say sokoto, even if they are able to name one LGA, ask them their village in the LGA and you will see that you are dealing with an alien.
Lagos do not have job for all okada men in west Africa.
The north is suffering from burnt of illegal immigrants it has accommodated for too long , who are now fleeing to Lagos for survival because they see Nigeria as their America for greener pasture .
Restructure Nigeria now or Police the nation well.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by solastan: 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
Only the deep can call to the deep. Is better for you to just read and dont comment on what you dont understand.
Do you know SEcond Rainbow in Lagos? Do you know the particular people from a particular region that reside and work in Second Rain
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by richeeyo(m): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2020
jrusky:

Bro say something else. Police has lost the respect so pls shift one side.
You a fool, bet u should be 23,
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by Patruul007: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=VirginFinder post=96141812][/quote]Tisha weludon
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by Nchenches: 12:07am On Nov 18, 2020
Ndlistic:
Commercial motorcyclists popularly known as Okada riders on Tuesday November 17, clashed with officials of the Lagos Task force officers at Second Rainbow along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.

The clash reportedly occurred after the task force officials arrived the scene to arrest Okada riders and seize their bikes. The confrontation was met with stiff opposition which degenerated to chaos in the area.

This has led to traffic on the express en route Mile 2, as the motorcyclists have created bonfires on the express. Residents have been advised to avoid this route pending when normalcy will return to the area.

Watch The Video Below

Anarchy.
What happens after Nigeria’s armed forces exhaust all the bullets of Nigeria on civilians?

Solution to all these: restructure Nigeria politically so that every state or region governs itself with what the state or region has, according to the customs and major religion of the state or region.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by Eaglesence: 1:17am On Nov 18, 2020
Ndlistic:

Guy, it af tey when i dey find your face. I af seen you na. I don see you finish gringrin (picks teeth) grin

Watch The Video Below

Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 5:06am On Nov 18, 2020
murmee:
Stop talking about alternative jobs. Who invited them to Lagos in the first place. Please talk about sending those unruly criminals back to wherever they come from!

Oga carry your mumu comot for my mention, this dolt is talking as if he is from lagos state, just because you have it good for you means others should suffer?

If your state was that good why did you also come to lagos?
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 5:10am On Nov 18, 2020
uptimum123:

Until we send you yourself back to your potopoto republic...na den ur eye go clear

See this okpo grin the funny thing be say even person wey come from Osun state, Ogun state, Oyo state go dey claim Lagos, these dolts forget say them sef come this lagos as other citizens of this country.

Oga you too go back to your state,mumu.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by uptimum123(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2020
udemzyudex:

Just look at the Ode, I was also born and brought up in lagos as well.

And I hope when you're told to fill your state of Origin in a form you will put lagos state or South West in the form grin

Ode, they will come from Oyo state and be saying it is still south West, I hope you always put South West where you're told to fill in your state of origin.

Ode oshi.

You no get sense....once again you will soon be sent back to your potopoto republic where you will be free to dance and dine with your lord and saviour Lamidi Cownu.

Keep displaying your stupidity.. you think everyone is Omo atohun rin wa

You go get sense by fire by force

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
uptimum123:

You no get sense....once again you will soon be sent back to your potopoto republic where you will be free to dance and dine with your lord and saviour Lamidi Cownu.

Keep displaying your stupidity.. you think everyone is Omo atohun rin wa

You go get sense by fire by force

You're a muntula, ode oshi from another state telling me to leave lagos, you too go back to your state.

Claiming South west, is that what you put in your state of Origin?
You're the one displaying your stupidity here man, cos if you're wise you won't be posting nonsense when you know you state of Origin is not lagos, you're either born or raise here and you became a citizen just like every other person.
So go back to your own state.

Omo ale.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by uptimum123(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
udemzyudex:

You're a muntula, ode oshi from another state telling me to leave lagos, you too go back to your state.

Claiming South west, is that what you put in your state of Origin?
You're the one displaying your stupidity here man, cos if you're wise you won't be posting nonsense when you know you state of Origin is not lagos, you're either born or raise here and you became a citizen just like every other person.
So go back to your own state.

Omo ale.

Oponu wan dey claim Lagosian when you are from potopoto republic...incase you want to know I am a core Lagosian.

Go back to your poverty stricken potopoto republic and stop causing nuisance here

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
uptimum123:

Oponu wan dey claim Lagosian when you are from potopoto republic...incase you want to know I am a core Lagosian.

Go back to your poverty stricken potopoto republic and stop causing nuisance here

Oloriburuku go back to your state, omo ale oshi.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by uptimum123(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
udemzyudex:

Oloriburuku go back to your state, omo ale oshi.

Alaye baje

Go back to your state and start Palm wine business

Palm wine tapper

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
uptimum123:

Alaye baje

Go back to your state and start Palm wine business

Palm wine tapper

grin cheesy oga koshi jare.
Re: Okada Riders And Lagos Taskforce Officials Clash At Second Rainbow (Video) by uptimum123(m): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
udemzyudex:

grin cheesy oga koshi jare.

Oni ranu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Story Of Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar: How Kidnappers Killed Her / Alero Aleruchi Accuses Clement Odah Of Molesting Her For Turning Him Down / Nigerian Cultists Arrested In Malaysia After Ripping Out Rival’s Intestines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.