Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,106 members, 7,890,675 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:02 PM

Electrical Engineers/electricians Should I Try This? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Electrical Engineers/electricians Should I Try This? (255 Views)

I Had 6 C6 In My Waec And 1 B3 Did I Try And 2 D7 / Electrical Engineers, This Question Is For You / Advice And Help From Electrical Engineers And Engineering Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electrical Engineers/electricians Should I Try This? by Drybones: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
I have issues with my laptop charger infact I've replaced it once and it spoilt within a day.

I want to change the adapter (like cut the wire and use the cord for a new adapter but I as a science student can see some flaws in what I'm about to do.

The first pics is my current laptop adapter,
The second one is the adapter I plan to replace it with.

PS: I know it's risky that's why I'm asking in a public platform.
Also, I don't know if local radionics/electricians repair stuffs like that I should take it to them.

Thanks �

Re: Electrical Engineers/electricians Should I Try This? by captainbangz: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
IT'LL WORK, BUT THE CHARGE RATE WILL DIFFER(IT'LL BE SLOWER).

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineers/electricians Should I Try This? by Drybones: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
captainbangz:
IT'LL WORK, BUT THE CHARGE RATE WILL DIFFER(IT'LL BE SLOWER).
I thought so too but my fear is something like spoil the laptop battery itself or explosion/fire.
Re: Electrical Engineers/electricians Should I Try This? by captainbangz: 3:51am On Nov 18, 2020
Drybones:

I thought so too but my fear is something like spoil the laptop battery itself or explosion/fire.
NO, IT WON'T DAMAGE THE BATTERY. AS THE VOLTAGE IS WHAT DOES, BUT IT'LL CHARGE SLOWER BECAUSE OF THE CHARGER'S CURRENT(AMP) RATING.

(1) (Reply)

With All Due Respect, Stop Writing Jamb And Gain Admission Now!!! / Pls Help!!!! / Digital Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.