Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate (50076 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Condemns Appointment Of Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Timi Frank Condemns Appointment Of Sole Administrator For NDDC / Charly Boy Mocks Rochas Okorocha: 'No Go Hang Yourself' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Acidosis(m): 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
lahizak:

But for real, I av no problem celebrities getting appointments and stuffs, they worked hard and they deserved it. But choosing Nenji to be a girl child ambassador over some one with first class and academic excellence, come on? Who do u prefer to be ur daughter role model, Nenji or the first class lawyer?

Question is why should that particular girl get the appointment? Is she the only first class degree holder in the whole of the state?

What about the other first class degree holders?

What about first class degree holders with Masters

What about double first class degree holders?

What about first class degree holders with Ph.D?

What about first class degree holders from foreign universities?

What about first class degree holders from federal Universities?

What about...bla bla bla. You Nigerians and stereotypes are like five and six.

If the governor had appointed someone from a private uni, the entire thread would be filled with all sorts of nonsense and useless stereotypes.

If we are to go by the most academically qualified, then the girl in that picture is certainly NOT qualified. We have many first class degree holders with foreign Master's degrees in Bayelsa.

Trust me, I am for anything that glorifies the Nigerian youth. My opinions won't change if the governor had appointed a 15 year old SSCE holder, as far as his reasons are valid.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by wirinet(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2020
lahizak:

Wow! If thats what role model means to u, then okay.
I am the role model for my daughter. The way I live my life provides the moral direction of my children, no other person can or should do that.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Acidosis(m): 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
lahizak:

Say whatever u want, it doesn't change the fact that it is morally wrong. U seriously telling me u will prefer Nenji as a role model for ur child over the clearly well dressed and brilliant first class graduate? Come on? What u saying? I like Nenji and I am happy for her and I enjoyed watching her but I pray my daughter grow up to be like that brilliant first class girl than Nenji.

Well, that's your desire as a parent. I'm sure Nengi's parents said the same prayer.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by wirinet(m): 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
Acidosis:

Question is why should that particular girl get the appointment? Is she the only first class degree holder in the whole of the state?

If the governor had appointed someone from a private uni, the entire thread would be filled with all sorts of nonsense and useless stereotypes.

If we are to go by the most academically qualified, then the girl in that picture is certainly NOT qualified.

Trust me, I am for anything that glorifies the Nigerian youth. My opinions won't change if the governor had appointed a 15 year old SSCE holder, as far as his reasons are valid.
Don't mind them. Ask them how many degrees Malala Yousafzai that is the ambassador for girl child education have?

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by pickatyou2: 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
airsaylongcom:

What Brands and models do you have?

Contact me via WhatsApp
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by HAccord: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
This country don scatter finish. E dey vex me anyday wey I wake up remember say my passport na Nigerian.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Atittude: 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
And Charly boy supported our president to rule over him, proffessors
, Engineers, doctors etc.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Mitsurugi(m): 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
Acidosis:

Class of degree has never been the basis of any form of political appointment in Nigeria. That's all I have to say. Fighting Nengi is fighting 99.9% of political office holders without a first class degree.

I'm not the type with the belief that only first class degree holders deserve the HONOUR. Every Nigerian youth on the street deserve to be honoured. Every single one on the street, including the less privileged that couldn't afford a basic education.

(You) Nigerians only remember your celebrities and influencers when you need help. Where was the first class degree holder when the likes of Davido, Tacha took to the streets to protest against bad governance?? Without these so called BBNaija people, what would you lots have done??

The same institutions that produced your first class have been on lockdown for at least 8 months but none of your first class degree holders has taken a meaningful step? Of course, they're normally inactive and useless when it comes to issues such as this. Why didn't your first class people call for protests against ASUU strike??

After you lots are done using your celebrities and influencers to mitigate the consequences of your timidity and docility, you start insulting the platform that gave them influence and power.

Calm down and be properly informed before generally asserting. Believe me class of degree plays A PART in ways you don't know regarding appointments or state privileges. My classmate at the university (1st Class) preferred a scholarship abroad to Havard instead of a political appointment by Rivers State. This is what I'm even advocating. The law grad if harnessed will serve Bayelsa better than Nengi in the long term.
I never implied only first class deserve honour but then I believe you are mature to know that THE FIRST AMONGST EQUALS gets the fetes anywhere.
Oga this forum is a faceless one, but, I am a lawyer with a 2.1 and a player in the entertainment sector as a writer, actor and director. I have paid so called influencers to work on my set and have seen them for what and who they are. Majority of them hollow. So trust me I know what I am talking about without sentiments. I won't answer your question if I've worked with Nengi grin
Humoring you, so called influencers leading the protest was a bad idea. See where it got us. WE LOTS would have done better without most of them. On the influencer issue one of them Ayo Sogunro, an intellectual per excellence was my classmate and fellow student leader at the Lagos Law School in 2007/2008. grin A lot of your arguments shaa... I think you're just peeved. Naija no easy, but anyway, this discourse is not achieving the intellectual purpose I initially sought. So peace be unto you.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by lahizak: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2020
Acidosis:

If we are to go by the most academically qualified, then the girl in that picture is certainly NOT qualified. We have many first class degree holders with foreign Master's degrees in Bayelsa.

The first class girl is just a convenient example that there are more deserving and decent girls in the state that can be appointed as our daughters role model. Nenji is just not it. Nenji should av been given SSA on media or youth engagement not girl child role model

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Miyachi: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
pacespot:

Does that also explain the reason why most of the investors we have today were school dropouts?
One thing they don't lack is education. Investors are avid readers.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Mitsurugi(m): 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
lahizak:

The first class girl is just a convenient example that there are more deserving and decent girls in the state that can be appointed as our daughters role model. Nenji is just not it. Nenji should av been given SSA on media or youth engagement not girl child role model

Exactly! Tomorrow nobody will opt for academic excellence or the pursuit of a professional, technical career which the state direly needs but instead will opt to look fine, twerk and show bobby. Nengi will be a precedent. grin

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Miyachi: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
lahizak:

Gbam!!!
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Phred1717: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
What do you except "Firm over education"...we should crap university education
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Mitsurugi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Miyachi:

One thing they don't lack is education. Investors are avid readers.

Exactly! Ask any misguided youth about Bill Gates and the first thing you hear is "He dropped out of school"
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Acidosis(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
wirinet:

Interestingly yes. Because my 6 years old recognises Nengi and would always listen to whatever Nengi want to say. First class girl on the other hand, she has no idea. Even the first class would not make sense to her. If that one talk how many girls will listen?
Very true. Now, I have met a group of young students talk about Laycon, Davido, Ronaldo, Wizkid, etc. The probability that these lads would listen to whatever they have to say is very high. In fact, most would prefer a 10 minute meeting with Wizkid than an hour with their principal.

Seems most Nigerians have not learnt a thing from the mistakes of their parents.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
pickatyou2:

Contact me via WhatsApp

Lol! I'm not there. You can't mention them here?
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
lahizak:

What do you mean by decent?
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by inspayard(f): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
wirinet:

Don't mind them. Ask them how many degrees Malala Yousafzai that is the ambassador for girl child education have?

Yousafzai Malala and Nengi Hampson are two different people that shouldn't be compared. They are not on the same level and mind you Malala has a degree from Oxford.It is absurd comparing a Nobel laureate with some reality TV star.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Agugbadin: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
The job position does not require 1st class degree but experience actor or actress.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Miyachi: 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
wirinet:

Are you serious?

This was a girl that was shot because she chose to go to school and get an education, that is why she is the UN ambassador for Girl Child Education. She wasn't some meat on BBN.

Learn to have points before arguing.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Acidosis(m): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Miyachi:

Are you serious?

This was a girl that was shot because she chose to go to school and get an education, that is why she is the UN ambassador for Girl Child Education. She wasn't some meat on BBN.

I hope you won't be shocked if I tell you that the likes of Bisola and Seyi Awolowo of "BBN meats" are UN ambassadors?
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Miyachi: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Mitsurugi:

Exactly! Ask any misguided youth about Bill Gates and the first thing you hear is "He dropped out of school"
Don't mind them.
If they know the amount of reading these guys do. Knowledge is what keeps them in the top 1%.

They didn't drop out because they were dumb, they had good grades.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by lahizak: 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
Acidosis:

What do you mean by decent?
I said what i said. I'm sorry if I sound anti feminist or I'm criticising what an adult do on TV but I don't want my daughter thinking twerking and revealing herself on TV is so cool. Say what u want, it is really nice seeing others do it but we don't want to see our family doing it

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Miyachi: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
Acidosis:

I hope you won't be shocked if I tell you that the likes of Bisola and Seyi Awolowo of "BBN meats" are UN ambassadors?

On the strength of being in the Big Brother House?

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by abidem4real: 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
CastedAyo:
Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of BBNaija's Nengi Over First-Class Graduate By Gov Diri

Musician and activist Charly Boy has kicked against the appointment of 2020 Big Brother Naija housemate Nengi as senior special adviser (SSA) by Bayelsa State Governor Duoye Diri, Igbere TV reports.

The 70-year-old expressed his displeasure in an Instagram post on Tuesday, describing the appointment as misplaced priority.

According to Charly Boy, the reality TV star was appointed while a lady who reportedly graduated with a first-class degree in law from the Niger Delta University was neglected.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHrSOQ5Jjf5/?igshid=fjquev6tmxvs

Nengi was appointed SSA on girl child development by Governor Diri on November 6.

The University of Portharcourt graduate was also named the face of Bayelsa State.

Igbere TV reports that her fellow Big Brother Naija housemate Trikytee was also appointed as SSA.

Charly Boy is a television presenter, publisher and producer.
Nengi has had her luck, let Charly Boy go and hug transformer. They say one should be educated, Nengi is educated. They say one should be a graduate, Nengi is a graduate. So what else is expected of her? Or when has being a first class graduate or third class graduate become a criteria for political appointment?
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by piagetskinner(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
See how he’s looking into her eyes... the appointment is not for nothing

He’s telling her you go scratch my back later o
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by inspayard(f): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Miyachi:

Are you serious?

Exactly, I know his blind love for Nengi won't let him get his facts right. It's absurd comparing a whole nobel laureate with some TV reality star.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by Acidosis(m): 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
Mitsurugi:

Calm down and be properly informed before generally asserting. Believe me class of degree plays A PART in ways you don't know regarding appointments or state privileges. My classmate at the university (1st Class) preferred a scholarship abroad to Havard instead of a political appointment by Rivers State. This is what I'm even advocating. The law grad if harnessed will serve Bayelsa better than Nengi in the long term.
I never implied only first class deserve honour but then I believe you are mature to know that THE FIRST AMONGST EQUALS gets the fetes anywhere.
Oga this forum is a faceless one, but, I am a lawyer with a 2.1 and a player in the entertainment sector as a writer, actor and director. I have paid so called influencers to work on my set and have seen them for what and who they are. Majority of them hollow. So trust me I know what I am talking about without sentiments. I won't answer your question if I've worked with Nengi grin
Humoring you, so called influencers leading the protest was a bad idea. See where it got us. WE LOTS would have done better without most of them. On the influencer issue one of them Ayo Sogunro, an intellectual per excellence was my classmate and fellow student leader at the Lagos Law School in 2007/2008. grin A lot of your arguments shaa... I think you're just peeved. Naija no easy, but anyway, this discourse is not achieving the intellectual purpose I initially sought. So peace be unto you.

My point is you Nigerians need to respect people's hustles, their choices, and decisions and whatever career they choose for themselves. 2.1 or not, the so called influencer has something of value to you. Something your degree couldn't get you. So, show some respect if you want same for yourself.

Not sure what your goals were with the endless protest but as far as I'm concerned, my (own) goals were met. The government has now realized the extent of power the people hold. Of course, I expected the government to fight back.

The funny thing is many of these people you underrate also attended the same school the intellectuals brag about. MrMaccaronii for example is a graduate of performance arts, Redeemers University. So, what else do you expect from him? His efforts at the protest failed because he's known for comedy instead of his 2.1 degree from Redeemers University? Tacha should never get a government appointment because you got to know her on the BBNaija platform, not when she was hustling in a school in Rivers state?

You're a joke.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by lahizak: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
abidem4real:

Nengi has had her luck, let Charly Boy go and hug transformer. They say one should be educated, Nengi is educated. They say one should be a graduate, Nengi is a graduate. So what else is expected of her? Or when has being a first class graduate or third class graduate become a criteria for political appointment?
Yh. After all this is naija, unqualified people getting to positions dey not qualified to be is what made this country so terrible in d first place. Look at buharI dat can't even spell ECONOMY is in charge of our economy. ��

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by inspayard(f): 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
Acidosis:

Let's see the evidence.
Re: Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate by greenprince(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
IamD18:
Graduating with first class isn't a yardstick to measure someone's political prowess.

First class in Nigeria can be achieved with the help of money and pussay, not necessarily merit.

Let's be guided and understand that university like Imsu produce first class too.

Go and collect first class from NLS then we'll talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Sara Forbes The Yoruba Slave Who Became Goddaughter To The Queen Of England / "People Curse Me In Mosques" - Aisha Yesufu / #EndSARS Protester, Jane Practises With Her Prosthetic Leg Bought From Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.